PDA

View Full Version : So I was watching that Family Guy episode where they got superpowers...

niel89
11-05-2009, 02:46 AM
and my roommate and I were debating which power would be the best to have.

Megs ability to grow her nails fast is worthless and Chris' ability to make fire is cool but limited compared to the rest. Lois has super strength which is great but it still is lacking. Really I think it is down to Peters Tranforming ability, Brians super speed, and Stewies telekinesis.

Which one would you pick?

Edit: Damn I left off fire conjuring from the poll.

vikes_28
11-05-2009, 03:49 AM
What a thread.

Rosebud
11-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Short of Wolverine like near invincible healing ability telekinesis is the greatest power imagineable. If you train it enough you will be able to control matter down to the atom making you god.

iowatreat54
11-05-2009, 04:33 AM
See, if I have transformation ability, can't I just transform into someone who has healing ability or telekinesis?

If yes, then transformation is the ultimate ability. You can do whatever you want whenever you want.

Rosebud
11-05-2009, 04:42 AM
See, if I have transformation ability, can't I just transform into someone who has healing ability or telekinesis?

If yes, then transformation is the ultimate ability. You can do whatever you want whenever you want.

i think of transformation as a visual thing so you'll have the appearance of someone with other powers but you won't get the powers. That said if you're a master of telekinesis you can transform anything into anything else.

iowatreat54
11-05-2009, 04:50 AM
i think of transformation as a visual thing so you'll have the appearance of someone with other powers but you won't get the powers. That said if you're a master of telekinesis you can transform anything into anything else.

I figured transformation was like how he mentioned Peter on family guy, or like Mystique in X-Men. Idk if Mystique also got the powers, but she definitely transformed completely into what she wanted.

If not, I agree, Telekinesis is tops. You can move and change ****, plus you can probably fly if you want to. Also, you can probably bend light or some **** around you to make things look different.

Rosebud
11-05-2009, 05:05 AM
I figured transformation was like how he mentioned Peter on family guy, or like Mystique in X-Men. Idk if Mystique also got the powers, but she definitely transformed completely into what she wanted.

If not, I agree, Telekinesis is tops. You can move and change ****, plus you can probably fly if you want to. Also, you can probably bend light or some **** around you to make things look different.

Nah, Mystique didn't get their powers. Which is a large influence on my thinking here.

trkaline
11-05-2009, 05:45 AM
I am Bulrog and I have many powers....really I would want superspeed if I had to choose one from the poll. Superstrength is cool and all but I would only want it if coupled with invincibility, transforming would be cool and with that I would be a stand up comic and do the best impressiions ever...telekineses would be tits but as good as you get at it you can't be in Amsterdam in 2 seconds.

trkaline
11-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Opppsss............

Gay Ork Wang
11-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Super Speed would be lame. I mean essentially youd have a million bugs in your face

trkaline
11-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Super Speed would be lame. I mean essentially youd have a million bugs in your face

Tell that to Usain Bolt.

Gay Ork Wang
11-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Tell that to Usain Bolt.
Usain Bolt doesnt run that fast to Amsterdam and only for 100 meters!

BlindSite
11-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Telekenesis for sure. Sylar kicks just about everyones ass with that power in heroes, plus you got score so much money you'd get free bitches throwing themselves at you anyway.

trkaline
11-05-2009, 07:19 AM
With superspeed I would just take it....on both counts...

Jvig43
11-05-2009, 09:45 AM
With superspeed I would just take it....on both counts...

super speed with woman wouldn't have been my power of choice :)

E-Man
11-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Telekinesis hands down. If you're strong at it, you could literally own the other powers. The speed of thought is faster than light speed, so speedsters won't be hard to deal with. Super strength can easily be nullified by telekinesis, and you can easily control fire with telekinesis by actually taking control of it.

trkaline
11-05-2009, 10:41 AM
super speed with woman wouldn't have been my power of choice :)

Because you already have that power...zing!

Jvig43
11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Because you already have that...zing!

Exactly, its not about them :)

Brothgar
11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
I would use my telekinesis to be the greatest QB/K/P of all time.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Super strength hands down. Because then I could play in the NFL.

trkaline
11-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I would definantly just do impressions and make money that way with the transformation power..and people would be like "Wow. He's way better than Frank Caliendo." That would work until people discovered my secret and Jessica Alba, and Christina Millian put two and two together and realized that the reason everytime they would talk to their boyfriend about sex they never remember doing it and I get hit with rape charges....do your genetic markers stay the same when you change? If not id be in the clear.

killxswitch
11-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I picked transformation because I think being telekinetically all-powerful would get boring after a while. When there's no challenge left in something I stop doing it.

ElectricEye
11-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Assuming we're talking about doing more than lifting books off tables and stuff, then telekinesis. If not, super strength. Either would be pretty damn cool though.

MetSox17
11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I'll take Shang Tsung's soul taking/transformation abilities.

killxswitch
11-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Assuming we're talking about doing more than lifting books off tables and stuff, then telekinesis. If not, super strength. Either would be pretty damn cool though.

Super strength would be awesome if it came paired with super endurance. Otherwise you'd go lift a bus and then have to sleep for a week with IV fluids. Plus I think it would make sex difficult.

Dr. Gonzo
11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
It would be too hard to control the world with telekinesis. With the ability to transform I could assume the roles of very prominent world figures and change ****. I could also transform into somehow who could set the real me up with a really good job so I could be working **** from many different angles.

11-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Super strength would be awesome if it came paired with super endurance. Otherwise you'd go lift a bus and then have to sleep for a week with IV fluids. Plus I think it would make sex difficult.

Not if the ***** likes it rough.

Rosebud
11-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I am Bulrog and I have many powers....really I would want superspeed if I had to choose one from the poll. Superstrength is cool and all but I would only want it if coupled with invincibility, transforming would be cool and with that I would be a stand up comic and do the best impressiions ever...telekineses would be tits but as good as you get at it you can't be in Amsterdam in 2 seconds.

With strong enough telekinesis not only could you fly yourself to amsterdam but I'm sure you could learn how to manipulate time. That would be the fun of telekinesis, learning how to do even more crazy **** with your power until eventually the world just runs through you, you'd be a walking nuclear fussion plant that can stop global warming, while upping your use of fossil fuels and eliminating the world's nuclear arsenals.

11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
With super strength, you'd be able to throw someone so hard they break lightspeed, creating a warp in the space-time continuum and allowing you to go back and kill Hitler.

Brothgar
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Mind reading would be better if controlled go to Vegas win all the money you could spend and no one knows you're special.

killxswitch
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Not if the ***** likes it rough.

There is rough and there is accidentally crushing her with your manly passion.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
With super strength, you'd be able to throw someone so hard they break lightspeed, creating a warp in the space-time continuum and allowing you to go back and kill Hitler.

Why would I want to kill Hitler?

http://www.morethings.com/fan/south_park/photo_gallery/eric-cartman-120.jpg

killxswitch
11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Why would I want to kill Hitler?

Kidding aside, I wonder what real-world consequences there would be for killing Hitler. I bet a lot of us wouldn't even exist. Weird to think about.

And for the record (so people don't get the wrong idea) Hitler sucked, total douchebag.

11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Kidding aside, I wonder what real-world consequences there would be for killing Hitler. I bet a lot of us wouldn't even exist. Weird to think about.

And for the record (so people don't get the wrong idea) Hitler sucked, total douchebag.

But... but I love existing. Oh man, you just got me confused.

eaglesalltheway
11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Telekinesis hands down. If you're strong at it, you could literally own the other powers. The speed of thought is faster than light speed, so speedsters won't be hard to deal with. Super strength can easily be nullified by telekinesis, and you can easily control fire with telekinesis by actually taking control of it.

You see now I originally would have picked telekinesis, but remember our eyes see things all of our past, albeit a minute fraction. If the superspeed is fast enough that the threshold of sight is slower than your speed, superspeed is ok, especially if you can avoid the bugs, lol.

I'd still probably pick telekinesis...

Brothgar
11-05-2009, 03:11 PM

It would be impossible to go back in time for the purpose of killing Hitler. If you succeeded you would have no idea who Hitler was so there would be no point in going back in time at a later point. But that means you never went back in time to kill him in the first place. which means he did exist and which means you must have failed.

Shiver
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
http://sanseverything.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dr20manhattan203.jpg

killxswitch
11-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I forgot The Watchmen included full frontal.

Shiver
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Think about it, your blue, your hung and you can move, you will never age, and deconstruct things with your mind. Plus you get to score with Laurie.

DeepThreat
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
It would be impossible to go back in time for the purpose of killing Hitler. If you succeeded you would have no idea who Hitler was so there would be no point in going back in time at a later point. But that means you never went back in time to kill him in the first place. which means he did exist and which means you must have failed.

First rule of time travel.

TitanHope
11-05-2009, 07:12 PM
If you're wanting teh ladiez, couldn't you just use your telekinesis to give the girl a telegasm, ala Bruce Almighty and Dr. Manhattan?

That's thinkin' outside the box, gentleman. Or inside it...whatever.

Gay Ork Wang
11-06-2009, 04:33 AM
i think immortality is really overrated and id never want it

Rosebud
11-06-2009, 04:44 AM

I would love it for the first 1000 years.

TitanHope
11-06-2009, 06:13 AM

Yup, after a while it'd start getting old...

Eh? Eh? See what I did there?

Gay Ork Wang
11-06-2009, 07:49 AM
from cracked:
Not so fast: You know how when you were younger (by human terms, a child), an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. This means that eventually, you will be completely unable to form relationships with human beings because their lives and deaths will flash past you like a tape on fast-forward.

then imagine ud be alive when the world is coming to an end. just flying around in the universe, not being able to breath for eternity

trkaline
11-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I still want to be immortal, don't care...flashing out of existence doesn't appeal to me.

BuffaloBillsFan
11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Telekinesis.

Brothgar
11-06-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't know about immortality I mean am I still in my 25 year old body or am I in like a 95 year old body? Because that is a HUGE difference. I mean pooping my pants and watching the Lions lose millennium after millennium would totally suck balls.

SuperKevin
11-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't know about immortality I mean am I still in my 25 year old body or am I in like a 95 year old body? Because that is a HUGE difference. I mean pooping my pants and watching the Lions lose millennium after millennium would totally suck balls.

You wouldn't have to worry about that because by 2015 they'll have moved to LA

Brothgar
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
You wouldn't have to worry about that because by 2015 they'll have moved to LA

That's funny I always do that in my Madden Franchises making them the LA Bulldogs.

49ers1984
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I picked transformation. Think about all the people and things you could transform to?

killxswitch
11-09-2009, 12:46 PM
First rule of time travel.

is that YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT TIME TRAVEL.