PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Bucs-Week 9

drowe
11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
This game will be interesting for a few reasons:

-We'll get to see a first round QB get his first carreer start.

-The return of Clifton and Tauscher to the starting lineup.

-Tampa will be wearing their throwback, bright orange unis (excellence).

Otherwise, it's another one of those games. Packers are the far superior team to the Bucs...just like the other 30 NFL teams.

But, it's on the road...they're coming off a bye....we're coming off an emotional game....we have a huge game vs Dallas next week. It's the right formula for a let down. I feel this game will annoy us severely. but, Tampa is pretty ******* bad, so it should be a win.

if not, time to start thinking about the draft. :)

TitleTown088
11-05-2009, 07:17 PM
-Tampa will be wearing their throwback, bright orange unis (excellence).

I'm sure they'll be playing like they used to when they wore those as well.

cvv84
11-05-2009, 10:21 PM
This really shouldn't be a contest. The Bucs are starting a rookie QB, are in a complete team transition, and are giving the 08 Lions a run for their money as one of the worst teams ever to field a season.

The Bucs have the 25th ranked offense and the 25th ranked defense. They're giving up an average of 29 points per game while we're scoring an average of 26.7 points per game.

Whistler6
11-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm sure they'll be playing like they used to when they wore those as well.

I want to see the old navy blue and puke brown Green Bay uni's. Bring them back, bring them back!

I've done enough pouting about last week, let's just consider it a "hiccup". Like Kampman said, they were 2-2 in the 1st quarter of the season and have a chance to be 3-1 in the 2nd quarter with a win against Tampa.

Go down there, take care of business, and move on.

jackalope
11-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm excited to see our defense going up against Josh Freeman this week. I expect another blowout similar to the Lions/Browns games.

Zycho32
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Y'know, there was a time, early to mid 80's or so, when Tampa Bay was a respectable ballclub and had some nice players- almost made the Super Bowl only five years after their conception. This was while they were wearing these same 'creamsicle' uniforms which are universally lauded as 'loser' unis.

Sometimes perception can be a real [BLEEP]. Take away all the losing and tell me it's still a bad design.

Zycho32
11-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I want to see the old navy blue and puke brown Green Bay uni's. Bring them back, bring them back!

Good lord, those didn't translate well. I thought they were neat back in '94... but I was nine and didn't know crap.

But if you want a 'comparable' uni to Tampa's, go with the 1950's threads. Reasonably standard design for the era, just tainted by all the suckitude.

Whistler6
11-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Hah, your right about that. Still, if Denver and the Jets can sport the "uggo" uniforms, I think the Packers could get away with it for atleast one game.

I miss watching Green Bay run Dilfer ragged... Let's start the Josh Freeman era off on the same note.

TitleTown088
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
supposed to be real windy down there tomorrow, expect a lot of running.

Caddy
11-07-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm scared that if we don't win tomorrow, we'll go 0-16. :(

bigboiajhawk
11-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I really hope AJ Hawk plays up to the level that we drafted him. He is going to have a real nice opportunity tomorrow to prove that he can play in this defense. Also, I hope we pressure the crap out of that QB.

tjsunstein
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM

Yeah well, ha, be very afraid then.

cvv84
11-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I really hope AJ Hawk plays up to the level that we drafted him. He is going to have a real nice opportunity tomorrow to prove that he can play in this defense. Also, I hope we pressure the crap out of that QB.

He had a real nice opportunity to prove it to start the season and didn't capitalize on it then. I noticed though that whenever Hawk gets called out in the media he shows up for a game or two so you never know.

I know they don't really have any choice but I really think they should have sat Freeman the entire year. Leftwich has at least won some games in his career but I think he could've found a way to win 1 or 2 games this year. Freeman... I'm not so sure.

Whistler6
11-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Well if it happens, atleast you won't be MAKING history...That was Detroit. You would just be adding to it. Oh and atleast you get to lose in warm weather. I don't know, to me that just seems like it would make it more bearable.

Caddy
11-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah well, ha, be very afraid then.

:(

I know they don't really have any choice but I really think they should have sat Freeman the entire year. Leftwich has at least won some games in his career but I think he could've found a way to win 1 or 2 games this year. Freeman... I'm not so sure.

When you're 0-7 I guess it really doesn't matter. I don't think he is ready to start, but I guess it really doesn't matter at this stage.

Well if it happens, atleast you won't be MAKING history...That was Detroit. You would just be adding to it. Oh and atleast you get to lose in warm weather. I don't know, to me that just seems like it would make it more bearable.

There is always a silver lining!

brat316
11-08-2009, 12:56 AM
:(

When you're 0-7 I guess it really doesn't matter. I don't think he is ready to start, but I guess it really doesn't matter at this stage.

There is always a silver lining!

JJ could have won a game, but the offensive game plan is just not there, its just so bad. Its pass-incomplete, run to pick up lost yards or make up missed yardage, then pass-incomplete, punt.

Take advantage of JJ ability, have him boot leg and throw, or run, shotgun snaps, just take off sometimes. Also should have used Ernest Grahman, Caddy and Ward more.

Firing your offensive coordinator was not a good idea, right before the season, but i guess hindsight is always 20/20.

Caddy
11-08-2009, 01:04 AM
JJ could have won a game, but the offensive game plan is just not there, its just so bad. Its pass-incomplete, run to pick up lost yards or make up missed yardage, then pass-incomplete, punt.

Take advantage of JJ ability, have him boot leg and throw, or run, shotgun snaps, just take off sometimes. Also should have used Ernest Grahman, Caddy and Ward more.

Firing your offensive coordinator was not a good idea, right before the season, but i guess hindsight is always 20/20.

Everything you are saying is so true but we just fail to do it. I think the philosophy in Tampa is that if it makes sense, do the opposite.

tjsunstein
11-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Rookie QB starting, no Antonio Bryant. Stack the box and shadow Winslow all day. This should get out of the Bucs reach rather quickly.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Everything you are saying is so true but we just fail to do it. I think the philosophy in Tampa is that if it makes sense, do the opposite.

To be fair though you guys have 2 pretty good safeties, a emerging star at MLB and CB (if he can stay out of trouble), and a very good offensive line.

If Winslow and Bryant can stay healthy then Freeman has 2 excellent receiving options to compliment the stable of RBs. I kind of figured that Gaines Adams would be a bust but if they can get some Dlineman and an OLB they should be in much better shape.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Typical McCarthy falling in love with the pass....

cvv84
11-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Aaron Kampman in coverage gives up the TD. He needs to drop into coverage once and awhile but inside the 10 yard line? Come on Pack.

7-7

Packystan
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Solid work up front so far.

Great TD by Grant, nice drive Pack!

cvv84
11-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Solid work up front so far.

Great TD by Grant, nice drive Pack!

Thats what they need more of. The Bucs Dline is terrible. We should be running all day against them.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Unfuckingbelivable.... The Packers just can't sack Freeman yet again, and he throws to a wide open man and the Bucs are down to the Packers 25 yard line.

Packystan
11-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Ahman Green can make history today! Solid defense in the redzone, lets get'em Aaron!

cvv84
11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
This is ******* unreal. Bucs block a punt and run it in for a TD. Tied up 14-14. Nobody blocked on that punt. What a trap game. The Packers are giving the Bucs zero respect and the Bucs are walking all over the Pack at the moment.

Hawk
11-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Anyone have a link for a live stream?

Boston
11-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Why does it seem like evey time we pass the ball we try and go deep, it doesn't make any sense. Our line can't block and we call five step drops...really?

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Why does it seem like evey time we pass the ball we try and go deep, it doesn't make any sense. Our line can't block and we call five step drops...really?

EXACTALLY!! I was asking for the past 4-5 weeks where our slants and intermediate routes have gone. But of course when I put it out there its bitching, whining, and complaining. Its common sense **** that we aren't doing.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Packers are getting pressure but just not hitting home. Clay Matthews has been beasting so far this game. We need to get hits on Freeman soon. Shake him up and get him out of rythm.

As I'm writing this Hawk chases him down and sacks him!!

Edit: Next play Freeman fumbles the snap but recovers. Hmm coinciedence?

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Grant needs to stick between the hash marks. He doesn't have the quickness to get to the outside. Thats where we need a speed RB to compliment them.

3rd and long again as the Packers are near giving away another good opportunity after the short Bucs punt.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:16 PM
McCarthy, the offensive genius that he is, runs a draw out of the shotgun that goes nowhere. Packers punt and ruin a chance to go up by 2 scores.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Nick Collins picks off Freeman but the Packers can't move the ball yet again. Run the ball McCarthy!!!!

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Wake up defense. And I'm confused as to what exactly the offensive strategy is today...

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Man we've had piss poor coverge all game as Freeman keeps finding the open WRs. He just outran Kampman for the 1st down too. The Packers still aren't getting their licks on him. Hawk has the only hit on the QB so far today.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Wake up defense. And I'm confused as to what exactly the offensive strategy is today...

The strategy appears to let Grant carry it 10 times for a 5.5 ypc and then shift that over to passing deep for 3 downs followed by a punt.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 01:46 PM
The strategy appears to let Grant carry it 10 times for a 5.5 ypc and then shift that over to passing deep for 3 downs followed by a punt.

Exactly, So we just picked up 7 on 1st down by Grant, let's throw it deep twice.
-MM

Uhhh. They are winning, but it's time to take control of the game.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Exactly, So we just picked up 7 on 1st down by Grant, let's throw it deep twice.
-MM

Uhhh. They are winning, but it's time to take control of the game.

This is why this team frustrates me. I know they're capable of playing better but they just can't seem to put it all together in a single game.

I like McCarthy but his playcalling is just downright awful this year. This should've been a ball control game.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 01:56 PM
**** this. Unbelievable. Rodgers takes another sack and the Packers come out like **** to start the 2nd half.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
McCarthy speaks after EVERY game of cleaning up mental mistakes and being more disciplined. Never translates to the field. Too many, stupid mistakes. Countless.

Rodgers has blown away critics with his play, but damn he holds the ball too long at times.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:03 PM
McCarthy speaks after EVERY game of cleaning up mental mistakes and being more disciplined. Never translates to the field. Too many, stupid mistakes. Countless.

Rodgers has blown away critics with his play, but damn he holds the ball too long at times.

McCarthy is just to arrogant to listen to anyone. We all see it, the media/reporters call him on it, and he just brushes it off.

This drive is big here. Packers need to stop them here because they're just coming out flat so far...

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Dang it, I missed the streaker!

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Come on Rodgers, get the damn ball out!!

Calling Greg Jennings? Anyone seen Greg Jennings? Time to step up with that payday buddy...

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Rodgers into quaddruple coverage....

McCarthy's halftime quote: I'm confident in our run game. We're going to come out running in the 2nd half.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
4 ****ing pass plays to start that drive. Earth to Mike, PLAY ACTION doesn't work when the defense KNOWS you aren't going to run the ball.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Keep throwing it deep. It never fails. Oh wait...

McCarthy needs to be on the hot seat. I'm sick of this same ole stuff that he just can't adjust too.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Keep throwing it deep. It never fails. Oh wait...

McCarthy needs to be on the hot seat. I'm sick of this same ole stuff that he just can't adjust too.

If this were any other team, I'd be thinking alright it's just a scratch and claw type game. But it's not...it's the winless Bucs, who are starting a rookie for the first time.

Freeman is outplaying Rodgers right now. And Tampa Bay is out coaching the Packer's staff. I think Green Bay is winning simply, because they are the better team, not because of anything the coaches are doing.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Hmmm Grant rips off a 10 yard run running north/south. Grant loses 3 yards going east/west....

Sniper
11-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Stop ******* sucking, Packers! Win me some moniezzzzzzz

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:29 PM
14 more yards to go for Ahman to become Packs all time leadig rusher

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow 2 passes instead the 20 already? 3rd and 10...

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Man am I sick of this shotgun draw. It doesn't work. Line up and run it already.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
What do you know, Packers try to pass again, Rodgers holds onto it too long, and takes yet another sack. PATHETIC

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Geesh I can't believe Rodgers just ran that in for a TD! This game is unreal.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm done nawwing at the Packers... Cover the spread, make me 50 dollars, stay healthy, and prepare for the Cowboys.

I'm truly suprised the Bucs are 0-7 though, they are a competitive team.

ps. special teams is terrible.

Hawk
11-08-2009, 02:42 PM
what the ****.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm done nawwing at the Packers... Cover the spread, make me 50 dollars, stay healthy, and prepare for the Cowboys.

I'm truly suprised the Bucs are 0-7 though, they are a competitive team.

ps. special teams is terrible.

I'm more suprised that we're 4-3.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Kampman is a pass rusher. He is a bull off the ball, and can get to the passer as good as anyone out there. But he is NOT, I repeat NOT a cover linebacker.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
TD Bucs. Again the Packers can't take down Freeman and he scrambles and finds the open man yet again.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Ahman Green now the Packers all time leading rusher. But go figure as the Packers can't convert a 3rd down and have to punt it yet again against the 0-7 Bucs.

Boston
11-08-2009, 02:54 PM
My god, does Rodgers understand the fact that recievers aren't always going to be wide open, sometimes you have to put the ball in a tight space...

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:56 PM
My god, does Rodgers understand the fact that recievers aren't always going to be wide open, sometimes you have to put the ball in a tight space...

Freeman seems to understand that as he throws into triple coverage and hits Winslow.

7 minutes left and the Bucs are inside the 50...

cvv84
11-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Hawk gets the INT but he's called for illegal contract as the Bucs keep the ball. Seems like a BS call

cvv84
11-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Jarrett Bush gets bushwhacked on a 4th and 4 for the TD. Bucs take the lead. I repeat, the Bucs take the lead. Good luck defending this one McCarthy

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Hawk gets the INT but he's called for illegal contract as the Bucs keep the ball. Seems like a BS call

Who are you doing the play-by-play for, haha? I'm pretty sure we are all witnessing this meltdown...Seeing you just restate each terrible play makes me wanna throw my television that much more.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Who are you doing the play-by-play for, haha? I'm pretty sure we are all witnessing this meltdown...Seeing you just restate each terrible play makes me wanna throw my television that much more.

Just keeping the details in order when we fire McCarthy.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Well, all my excitement for getting to go to Lambeau and watch the Cowboys-Packers game next week has evaporated.

PackerLegend
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
This team blows, im glad I wasted my time watching this. Why is Jarret Bush back on defense? Why is he still on our team, he shouldnt be ever he blows.

Mr.Regular
11-08-2009, 03:31 PM
This teams a joke. Are you kidding me? That was an awful effort.
The same damn problems week after week. McCarthy must suck balls at coaching these guys up because all of the issues this team have don't go away...they just get bigger.
The team had no passrush, awful special teams, once again brutal OLine, Rodgers had a bad game, and brutal coaching. We're not going anywhere, anytime soon.

umphrey
11-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I want to call that game a fluke but I think it just confirmed what I already knew. You can't win with the worst offensive line in all of football.

Jmohr107
11-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Does it seem to anyone else like the receivers aren't getting any separation on their routes. I know the offensive line has been bad, but there are some plays where Rodgers has no where to go with the ball. I'm really starting to question's McCarthy's playcalling.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
I want to call that game a fluke but I think it just confirmed what I already knew. You can't win with the worst offensive line in all of football.

People can't keep blaming the line. Its a combination of poor playcalling and holding the ball too long. Give any defense 5/6/7 seconds and they're going to get to the QB. Plays need to be called to get the ball out quicker. Yes the line isn't elite but they're the scapegoat for the whats the real issue here, Mike McCarthy.

Does it seem to anyone else like the receivers aren't getting any separation on their routes. I know the offensive line has been bad, but there are some plays where Rodgers has no where to go with the ball. I'm really starting to question's McCarthy's playcalling.

Probably because we're trying to go deep 75% of the time. We don't have speedy WRs. We need to get the ball in their hands early and let them make guys miss.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
If McCarthy's press conference transcript isn't something along the lines of...

"I take full blame for that loss. We had a lead and should have ran the ball twice as many times as we did. Grant ran hard all day and to only give him 21 carries was a terrible job on my part.

I have spoken of cleaning up penalties, running the ball more, and dedicating time to fixing our special teams errors, but have not done **** to actually change those errors. Point your fingers at me, and me alone."

...I might lose my mind.

brat316
11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Is McCarthy that bad? Will Ted fire his boy McCarthy?

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM

I don't know, I just don't get it. At half time he spoke of establishing more of a running game. Immediately after, he opens the half with 4 consecutive passing plays in which one led to an INT.

brat316
11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know, I just don't get it. At half time he spoke of establishing more of a running game. Immediately after, he opens the half with 4 consecutive passing plays in which one led to an INT.

maybe he thought the Buc heard his game plan, so he wanted to trick them.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Ted has to be on the hotseat too. He put this team together.

princefielder28
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I didn't see the whole game but this is garbage

tjsunstein
11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Fire McCarthy, Sign Gruden.

drowe
11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Fire McCarthy, Sign Holmgren.

fixed it for ya :)

drowe
11-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I ranted in the general Packer thread...but, in this thread, I just have to say one thing:

Good for Josh Freeman. I was highly impressed by him. He had a real rough start where he didn't know what he was doing for the first couple series. But, by the second quarter, a light just went on for him. The TD passes he threw were very tough throws. He had great pocket presence and really threw well on the run. I hope he continues to succeed this year...mostly because the more they win, the less ******* embarrassing this loss will be...but, partly because I was very impressed by him, and wish him the best.

AJHawk50
11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
fixed it for ya :)
I have actually liked Mike McCarthy, but when I read that Browns were going to go after him...I thought about that myself, Holmgren coming back to Green Bay.

Whistler6
11-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I ranted in the general Packer thread...but, in this thread, I just have to say one thing:

Good for Josh Freeman. I was highly impressed by him. He had a real rough start where he didn't know what he was doing for the first couple series. But, by the second quarter, a light just went on for him. The TD passes he threw were very tough throws. He had great pocket presence and really threw well on the run. I hope he continues to succeed this year...mostly because the more they win, the less ******* embarrassing this loss will be...but, partly because I was very impressed by him, and wish him the best.

6' 6'' and 240-250 pounds...Can that be right? Man oh man, that guy looked hard to bring down. Not only that, but he has wheels. He looked very Ben Roethlisberger-esque, by holding on to the ball until the last second, standing tall in the pocket, making throws, and taking off when needed.