PDA

View Full Version : Lions - Seahawks Thread

noondog
11-08-2009, 03:51 PM
17-0 after the 1st quarter...for Detroit?!?

Rookies (Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas, Brown) already have made a big impact in the game. Shaping up to be Stafford's best game as a pro so far...

Silver & Blue
11-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Matthew Stafford is on fire this game and hitting his targets. Our defense has been playing great. First two plays of the Seahawks both resulted in turnovers(int by Delmas, fumble). Ah, Stafford just through an int, hopefully the defense can make a stop.

SINCE1978
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Um then it was the 2nd quarter .... 2 interceptions for Stafford, 13 unanswered by the hawks.

Silver & Blue
11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Um then it was the 2nd quarter .... 2 interceptions for Stafford, 13 unanswered by the hawks.

Yeah, I guess I spoke to soon. lol

Prowler
11-08-2009, 05:16 PM
please win this game

noondog
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Massive jinx on my part. Wow...

Prowler
11-08-2009, 05:52 PM
MVP MVP MVP hanson with a 50 yarder....we're still losing, but now a touchdown will win it and plenty of time left.

BRAVEHEART
11-08-2009, 06:10 PM
******* stafford.

Silver & Blue
11-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Stafford threw 5 ints this game after throwing two nice touchdowns. I wonder what happened to him.

noondog
11-08-2009, 06:54 PM
It almost looked as though Stafford was trying too hard to put touch on some his passes, specifically the longer attempts.

Anyways, Schwartz's biggest task now is to keep the team motivated and continuing to improve. Megatron and Stafford did not look happy today at all...

SINCE1978
11-08-2009, 06:57 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/11/whats_more_baffling_seahawks_k.html

Seriously.
Ser..i..ous..ly!!

This is the in-game content (crap) we get from the qualified Detroit beat reporters on the road? MLive please pay me to go to Seattle and I promise I'll write more meaningful stuff than this garbage by Kowalski. What a joke. "playing scared"?? On a 0:02 before halftime kick off return is the insight? This is what you come up? I could have wrote that from my couch you jack ass Kowalski!

Listen, at this point in the game Stafford had 2 touchdown passes and Detorit was winning! Pettigrew was emerging in front of our eyes and Delmas has a pick returned to the 5 yd line! Do a positive spin story on the rookie emergence on this team, on the road at one of the toughest road venues in the league!

Instead, this frick'n article makes print. Sharpen the pencil Tom Kowalski, fans/readers deserve BETTER even if the team is awful. You are awful, you have been "Lionized".

Babylon
11-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Too many throws by Detroit. They're run to pass ratio needs to turn around, especially after they went up 17-0.

WMD
11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Too many throws by Detroit. They're run to pass ratio needs to turn around, especially after they went up 17-0.
Can't run.
OL sucks.
Kevin Smith sucks.

DoWnThEfiElD
11-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I agree Kevin Smith is overrated. He is not good.

Silver & Blue
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree Kevin Smith is overrated. He is not good.

He did decent last season for being on a 0-16 team, but I agree he isn't performing well. Look on the bright side, at least we only used a 5th round pick to draft him.

SINCE1978
11-08-2009, 08:39 PM
He did decent last season for being on a 0-16 team, but I agree he isn't performing well. Look on the bright side, at least we only used a 5th round pick to draft him.

Um ... actually it was a 3rd round pick for Smith and Detroit gave up a 6th to trade up to the first overall in the 3rd to get him.

I worry. I worry about these lurking "needs" on O that have popped up this year, but feel the needs on D are MUCH greater. I do not think we can afford to take a RB or #2 WR or LT (maybe) in the top 3 rounds as much as I would like it. Our greater needs are at DE,DT,CB & S ... moving up on the list are a RB & #2 WR. Teams are simply not allowing us to throw to CJ and Smith/Morris is a pedestrian 1-2 punch at RB.

Silver & Blue
11-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I thought it was a 5th for some reason, I guess it was with a third though. Hopefully we can address those key defensive positions in the draft this year and then get a real good running back in the 2011 draft. We'll probably have a pretty good pick in 2011 also, so we could pick up someone like Mark Ingram. But that is if he declares after his junior year and we have a top five pick.

SINCE1978
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I thought it was a 5th for some reason, I guess it was with a third though. Hopefully we can address those key defensive positions in the draft this year and then get a real good running back in the 2011 draft. We'll probably have a pretty good pick in 2011 also, so we could pick up someone like Mark Ingram. But that is if he declares after his junior year and we have a top five pick.

My thoughts right now too. Improve the D in 10's draft, get younger & continue to collect talent. Deal with Smith/Brown in backfield 1 more year and get the RB in 2011.

Let's start the Mark Ingram campaign in 2011 ;o)

Silver & Blue
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
My thoughts right now too. Improve the D in 10's draft, get younger & continue to collect talent. Deal with Smith/Brown in backfield 1 more year and get the RB in 2011.

Let's start the Mark Ingram campaign in 2011 ;o)

The thing I like most about Mark Ingram is how he is able to keep going after he gets hit, which would be valuable to us since are offensive line isn't that good. In the game against South Carolina he had 246 rushing yards, out of that 246 yards he had 118 yards after contact. That is pretty incredible if you ask me.

Mark Ingram in 2011!

SINCE1978
11-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Crack stats on Ingram rook, very nice!

I will say, he has been blessed with one of the best O-lines in the country the past 2 years.

georgiafan
11-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Did Stafford play as bad as it looks in the box score?

DoWnThEfiElD
11-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Well its pretty insane to be up 17 at one point and your rookie QB still to have 42 attempts. I really think the lack of running game is hurting this team a lot.

Silver & Blue
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Well its pretty insane to be up 17 at one point and your rookie QB still to have 42 attempts. I really think the lack of running game is hurting this team a lot.

I agree, we won't know how truly good Stafford is until we get a good running back and another good receiver. Because Kevin Smith isn't getting it done this year and teams like to shift their secondary focus on shutting down Calvin Johnson. Bryant Johnson is ok, but we need another weapon out their also.

DoWnThEfiElD
11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
The Lions run game is awful. They don't get the yards on 1st and 2nd down to put Stafford in a good position on 3rd down.

the only real talent on this team is rookies and 2nd year players. They are going to look awful. Can you even imagine how different a Lions practice is from just about any respectable team in the NFL. The young players need experience and the team needs talent. I just want to see improvement in the last 4 games.

Babylon
11-09-2009, 01:28 PM
The running game might not be great but yesterday they averaged 5.4 ypc and Seattle isnt good against the run. The pass to run ratio should be opposite what it is with a rookie QB.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes kind of a weird game offensivley why the ratio was like that.
First drive had a good mix but we were stopped on 3rd and 1, missed FG
TD drive just one pass to Pettigrew
2nd TD drive, False Start, run, Incomplete, TD pass
FG drive only ran twice to 4 pass plays, Raiola penalty messed that up
Up 17-7, passed 4 times, ran once, coaching mistake there, Staffs 1st pick on 3rd and 9, led to Seattle FG
17-10 2 First down runs, then incomplete then pick on 2nd and 10, should have stuck with run again up 17-10, led to another Seattle FG
3rd Quarter, 3 and out with 2 passes up 17-13
Up 17-16, passing FD, but then sack on First down, Run then Incomplete on 3rd and 18
Next drive: Pass for FD, failed reverse by Brown, Inc, then Int on 3rd and 16
FG drive set up by nice Kevin Smith run, then 1 complete, 1 run and Inc on 3rd and 3
Next drive: Run for 6 yards, pass for FD, run for 1, Incomplete ,then Int on 3rd and 9
Final drive all passing down 25-20 but Staff int on 3rd and 10

Four of Stafford picks on 3rd and long, mainly due to an incomplete on 1st down. 2nd int was on 2nd 10 after an incomplete. We were running well. Kudos to the D somewhat for giving us a chance at least, holding Stafford picks in first half to FGs and 4th int, we were able to get the ball back for one more chance. Then of course Stafford threw another pick.

Scotty D
11-12-2009, 02:30 AM
This game made me sickkkk. It was actually my birthday :(

But does anyone think that Schwartz should have put in Culpepper? Stafford has to have accountability for how he plays. I think Schwartz missed a learning opportunity here. Maybe he was proving a point by throwing him back out there? I know my coach did that one time to a hockey teammate of mine, he was playing a poor game so the coach made him stay on the ice for the last seven minutes of the game.

WMD
11-12-2009, 02:52 AM

But does anyone think that Schwartz should have put in Culpepper? Stafford has to have accountability for how he plays. I think Schwartz missed a learning opportunity here. Maybe he was proving a point by throwing him back out there? I know my coach did that one time to a hockey teammate of mine, he was playing a poor game so the coach made him stay on the ice for the last seven minutes of the game.
If you want to think positive about it, that's probably the worst game Stafford will ever have.

tblain1
11-12-2009, 08:50 AM
If you want to think positive about it, that's probably the worst game Stafford will ever have.

This thread started with a jinx. Don't end it with one!

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM

He should be accountable but we were still in a position to win the game. We want Ws and it would be super tough for Daunte to come in cold and lead a game winning drive from our own 6 or wherever we started. Right call to keep in Stafford since he is our best QB. That last int was sickening, no clue who he was throwing to, Bryant was running a completely different route on a go and the pass was very inaccurate if it was supposed to be an out route.