PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Eagles

Paul
11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Not feeling to good about this one. Hope the boys prove me wrong.

Thumper
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Is Hamlin out? I read he is. If he is out that does not bode well for the Cowboys because they're going to need their FS to stop the long ball to Maclin and Jackson.

leroyisgod
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Time to put up or shut up tonight!!! Did you guys see the one interesting stat, that in the last 4 night games we've played in Philly, we've won all 4. Let's make it 5 in a row.

Here's my keys to victory.

1. Limit the big plays
2. Don't let McNabb scamble around too much and beat you with his legs and elusiveness
3. Witten, Witten, Witten...it's time for Witten to have a big game and control the middle of the field.
4. Control the ball with Barber, Jones and Choice so that it opens up the deep ball

Paul
11-08-2009, 07:48 PM
So far so good. Romo has been a bit off to Austin on a couple throws. But can't complain about the results.

dpl85
11-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I like this Kevin Ogeltree.

LonghornsLegend
11-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I like this Kevin Ogeltree.

Same here, he looks alot more explosive then Crayton, I definately see him having a good size role next year for us.

I like Romo taking a sack earlier to not throw the pick, that's smart, and I'll take that all game from him with no problem at all. We just need to play mistake free, I trust our ST's and the defense can start to tee off if we get up by a few scores.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I was going to say the same thing about Romo, LL. Nice to see him not force anything there and just take the loss.

I wonder if Miles is a little on the nervous side, in such a big spot light. Both those passes thrown his way were catchable, not ideal but, they were there.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Peters :(........

crisco0710
11-08-2009, 08:15 PM
3 penalties in the first 11 plays and 2 dropped passes by the greatly praised but no results Bennett.

Paul
11-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Is it me or is Scandrick always the victim of perfect passes.

LonghornsLegend
11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Is it me or is Scandrick always the victim of perfect passes.

Seriously, how unlucky can you get.

dpl85
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Wishful thinking but maybe Ogeltree can become the next great undrafted WR.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
My observations at the end of the half.

1. Refs are making some bad calls so far all bad for Cowboys
2. Roy can't complain today, bad throws all going to Austin.
3. Romo is playing like a scared p* -- he is missing wide open WR
4. Romo has at least avoided mistakes
5. Garrett needs to open it up some some. Eagles have blitzed like 90% of the time.
6. D getting god pressure w/o blitzing.
7. DB playing well as well as S.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Wishful thinking but maybe Ogeltree can become the next great undrafted WR.

I think he and Austin are the two best we have.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 09:05 PM
You and I must be watching a different game. Tony has looked just fine to me today. He looks in control of the team and fired up. The Eagles are tough but, he is standing tall in the pocket and taking sacks when need be.

The passes to Austin, while not great were both catachble. Dont let your Austin love cloud your judgement completely. Austin is having a little trouble against a much better opponent.

crisco0710
11-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Wish Romo would have seen Witten wide open in the endzone at the end of half.

crisco0710
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah I agree, Samuels is keeping Austin in check. I told my dad earlier I was thinking Austin would have 4 catches for 32 yards today. Does he even have a catch so far?

LonghornsLegend
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I have no complaints at all about Tony this game, he's not perfect or a machine, and I'd love for us to win some of these ugly games where it isn't all flashy with 4 TD's.

Just be smart with the football, make key 1st downs and completions, and know when to just take a loss. I think we can win this game if he continues to play that way, it's been all defense on both sides so far and there is nothing you can do but keep playing smart.

LonghornsLegend
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh and DeSean doesn't have a catch either, so it isn't like it's just Austin. Both of those guys are big plays waiting to happen, Austin could finish with 2 catches, for 115 yards and 2 TD's by games end, same for Desean. Austin had a decent look in the end zone but it was a really good play by the corner to get back and break it up.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
It hit Hanson in the back. That was pretty disappointing.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
You and I must be watching a different game. Tony has looked just fine to me today. He looks in control of the team and fired up. The Eagles are tough but, he is standing tall in the pocket and taking sacks when need be.

The passes to Austin, while not great were both catachble. Dont let your Austin love cloud your judgement completely. Austin is having a little trouble against a much better opponent.

Only one pass was catchable and Romo does look crappy. He has no zip on the ball and he is playing scared. The end zone play and INT are perfect examples -- running too quickly in his head..

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
And on the McCoy big play, Bradie was caught with his eyes on McNabb instead of following the lineman. But I am sure Carpenter, who had a sep resp on the TE, will be blamed.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Only one pass was catchable and Romo does look crappy. He has no zip on the ball and he is playing scared. The end zone play and INT are perfect examples -- running too quickly in his head..

Your observation skills are off today, man. Give Romo a break on the end zone play, he was scrambling for his life. He gets sacked, they get no points. He had to just get rid of it. No time to look over everything. Really.

And he's looked fine out there. He hasnt been throwing floaters and he has spread the ball around to 6, should be 7 different guys, in the face of a heavy blitz. We've seen Romo play nervous or scared, and this isnt it. He looks rather composed today.

Paul
11-08-2009, 09:53 PM
nice one between Tony and Roy. that is what we need to see.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Romo simply sucks tonite. He is playing scared.

He has time but he is not making his reads. There are guys open all over the field.

My powers are fine .... yours however ....

FreshBoy!
11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Romo simply sucks tonite. He is playing scared.

He has time but he is not making his reads. There are guys open all over the field.

My powers are fine .... yours however ....

You're off man. Seriously...he's not peyton manning tonight, but he's playing pretty well, all things considered. We aren't running the ball for ****!

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Last play of 3Q .... Austin is dead open but he hits Williams who has a DE on him.

I think Roy's complaining has screwed up Tony Flake's brains like TO did.

Time for Choice to complain so that they will throw him 10 balls a game too.

You complain and Romo simply tries to please you.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:04 PM
You're off man. Seriously...he's not peyton manning tonight, but he's playing pretty well, all things considered. We aren't running the ball for ****!

Running. Yeah, we are not but that is not the main problem. Romo is making horrid reads and worse throws.

Sorry but Roy's complaining has messed with Flake's brains just like TO's complaining did.

But hey, only 1 turnover in the red zone. Be thankful for some improvement.

Paul
11-08-2009, 10:08 PM
What's with Buehler tonight. His kicks don't have the same pop.

FreshBoy!
11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Hamlin's got to bring that in...jesus. Has he made a play this season?!

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
D is playing well. Not sure why we got charged for a TO with the Ratliff injury.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Hamlin's got to bring that in...jesus. Has he made a play this season?!

Not since his contract.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Man, if you intercept mcnabb twice in a game you better win. That doesnt happen every week. Offense needs to step up.

Its time for Felix to do something

crisco0710
11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
This has been a penalty heavy game for both teams. Its annoying to watch.

FreshBoy!
11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Very much so....flow of the game is all messed up!

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Officially, Andy Reid is a mahroon. I don't care if he does win this challenge.

Going for it and a second challenge??? With 10 minutes in a 13-13 tie?

Makes Meatball seem smart.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:28 PM
As I said, Tony was targeting the wrong WR all night. But I am sure Jerrah and Williams will feel "vindicated."

As soon as he stops with the politics and goes to a play maker like Austin.... Anyway, finally Flake realised who makes him look good. Too bad it took 3.5 Quarters.

Austin needs 10 throws a game, not this BS we have seen today.

M.O.T.H.
You're such a hater.

LonghornsLegend
Oh and DeSean doesn't have a catch either, so it isn't like it's just Austin. Both of those guys are big plays waiting to happen, Austin could finish with 2 catches, for 115 yards and 2 TD's by games end

About half way there :D I like Roy moving the chains and Austin popping up for a big play.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Just as I was thinking Austin wasnt a number one WR because he did nothing when they gameplaned around him he makes it happen.

And I agree with disc-I can't beleive Andy Reid made those calls

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Hate mediocrity and its defence.

FreshBoy!
11-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Defense....

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Just as I was thinking Austin wasnt a number one WR because he did nothing when they gameplaned around him he makes it happen.

And I agree with disc-I can't beleive Andy Reid made those calls

Politics. That is the only explanation. AUstin has been open a bit but Romo has been targeting Roy, checking down lots and not stepping into his throws. Lots of floaters most of game. A little better second half.

What a play by Butler. May 2009 wasn't that bad....

Paul
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
We better see 2 runs to start the next drive.

FreshBoy!
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Yea, I don't think so either. I think is it D-Unit that's highly critical of the draft? I think it was a pretty good one, and in the next year or two I think we'll say we've picked up some quality players.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow. Ballsy call by wade on 3rd and 3.

Marion Barber is playing well.

D-Unit
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
So happy that Dallas won!

But like I said. I thought we would. There's no great importance on the line. Now I expect the media to puff us up... the team will let it get to their heads....

the only thing I don't know is if this team is any different from the others that collapsed down the stretch.

But I have a feeling A LOT is different.

Most of all, I'm happy that this should finally shut Thumper up... him and his logic for every reason why Philly is so great.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Victory!

Not much to complain about.

LonghornsLegend
11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
That's why you don't ***** about Romo playing badly, he played smart for most of the game outside of the one pick but he was due for one of those eventually. He made the big play when he counted, and we got the W on the road. Again, it doesn't have to be pretty, I'll take one of these wins any day.

FreshBoy!
11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Great defensive game...and despite some thinking Romo played bad...his stats say otherwise, and he played a pretty good game despite not having a running game until the last 2 minutes!

D-Unit
11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Victory!

Not much to complain about.
Unless your name is Bob... the only Cowboy fan upset tonight. LOL.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 10:53 PM
How about Mike Jenkins? He deserves a gold star. He's simply fantastic.

pocketaces
11-08-2009, 10:54 PM
21-34 for 300+ AND the win, yeah I'll take that.:D

Paul
11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
How about Mike Jenkins? He deserves a gold star. He's simply fantastic.

Yup. No real question about whose the best DB on our team is anymore.

pocketaces
11-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh, By the way, we are 6-2. Who said we would win 6-7 games tops this year? :rolleyes:

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 10:56 PM
No, Romo was not superman, he cant always be. But he def. played a great game. He was in no way playing scared. He looked like he was having a blast out there and he looked very composed and confident all night long. On the field and on the sidelines. It was obvious how determined he was to win this one, imo. That is an amazing secondary and an excellent pass rush in his face. He played great, under the bright lights on the road.

If you think he played bad, then you're just a spoiled fan, I suppose.

D-Unit
11-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh, By the way, we are 6-2. Who said we would win 6-7 games tops this year? :rolleyes:
I dunno. You?

pocketaces
11-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I dunno. You?

Nope, I said 12-4. Think harder!

HEISMANHERSCHEL
Thats a nice win right there. Some comments...

My first thought is what happen to the kickoffs?????????????? That was bizaar. He has done so well untill this game. BTW, does anyone have any ideas what happened there?

The our corners played so far off the Philly WR's. I am suree that was the gameplan, and I know their receivers are good but it made me nervous.

Barber played well.

If there is a Victor Butler bandwagon, tell me where to get on. It seems like he makes the most of his time on the field.

I also kinda liked moving the chains with Roy and hitting them deep with Austin. I know I wasn't expecting it.

Spencer is not what I thought he would be when we drafted him. He plays like he is a below average starter.

Newman may not be a top corner, but he is a very good tackler for a CB.

I laughed when Felix ran over that guy on the kickoff return. I always think of him as having amazing vision. Then he runs right into someone. But makes them pay.

I HATE THE EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!! This win will keep me happy all week.

LonghornsLegend
I dunno. You?

Burns called 7-9 in my sig quote, not sure if anyone else was calling 6 or 7 wins though lol. I think removing TO really was smart, he was declining, but still wants the ball like he isn't. Just look at how we get Ogletree the rock on screens, Austin on the deep ball, with the distribution we have I question if he would still be ok with this.

Still can't really judge anything about this team until the end of the season.

Paul
11-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Vince, Cedric and Roy played well today. Must have been upset about the BCS standings.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Unless your name is Bob... the only Cowboy fan upset tonight. LOL.

hahahahahaha. I was thinking the same thing. That is pretty damn funny.

You know it is, Rob.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Spencer hasnt lived up to the 1st round billing but, I dont think he deserves that much hate at all, to be honest. He seems to be all over the field when the opposing team runs and he is getting to the QB, he's just not bringing him down. He hasnt been great but, I wouldnt say he's been bad, either.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:04 PM
My Notes

1. Jenkins is playing at a pro bowl level
2. Brooking has brought alot of toughness to the D
3. Romo did not play well but at least only one turnover
4. Too much Roy focus in the passing game ... and we had difficulty scoring.
5. Felix looks slow and tentative returning kicks.
6. Spencer played really well.
7. Garrett was unprepared in the first half for the blitzing
8. Austin needs more looks from Romo
9. Hatcher had a good game and Olshansky
10. Bradie, Newman, Hamlin ehhhhhhhhh
11. Not much blitzing but still good pressure.
12 oggletree!

Should be 9-2 going into December.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Oh, forgot to mention Ogletree. For someone that was not supposed to get drafted and couldnt make it in this league he looks like he was worth the money.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM

12-4 i said,

D-Unit
11-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm starting to think this win was bigger than I originally thought.

Sitting at 6-2, we get to play the Redskins twice... 2 wins... which brings us to 8-2. Raiders once... 9-2. ...and if we can get 1 win out of GB, NYG, SAN, NOR, or Philly at home... Then we'll be at the magic number 10 wins. Which gets us to the playoffs.

Smiling right now. Just smiling. :D

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:06 PM
hahahahahaha. I was thinking the same thing. That is pretty damn funny.

You know it is, Rob.

Our O was pretty bad.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Our third place schedule is paying off.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Our O was pretty bad.

They werent at their best...but you need to take in consideration who the opponent was. That is a very good team we just beat there. And Romo still threw for 300 yards, without a running game, against one of the better put together secondaries in the league.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm starting to think this win was bigger than I originally thought.

Sitting at 6-2, we get to play the Redskins twice... 2 wins... which brings us to 8-2. Raiders once... 9-2. ...and if we can get 1 win out of GB, NYG, SAN, NOR, or Philly at home... Then we'll be at the magic number 10 wins. Which gets us to the playoffs.

Smiling right now. Just smiling. :D

Two bad weather games for Romo which helps. that is what is big to me.

FreshBoy!
11-08-2009, 11:10 PM
They werent at their best...but you need to take in consideration who the opponent was. That is a very good team we just beat there. And Romo still threw for 300 yards, without a running game, against one of the better put together secondaries in the league.

He wasn't perfect, but he played pretty well all things considered. I'm really surprised they didn't tee off anymore on Romo due to them lacking a running game

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:10 PM

They had all backup linebackers!

Hey now, we sucked on O and Romo played scared most of the game.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:12 PM
They had all backup linebackers!

Hey now, we sucked on O and Romo played scared most of the game.

You're blind, my friend.

MetSox17
11-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Props to Romo for once again driving our team to a late-game score. So overlooked.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Late game drive?

Where you watching the San Diego win?

Metsox, that was pretty funny.

dpl85
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
This feels a lot better than 44-6 but we still have to cut down on turnovers and penalties.

MetSox17
11-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Late game drive?

Where you watching the San Diego win?

Metsox, that was pretty funny.

What does the San Diego game have anything to do with Romo?

At the end of the day, Romo was the one that threw a perfect ball to Austin, in the fourth quarter, on third and long with the game tied.

E-Man
11-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I loved this effort. Too many penalties as always, and the mistakes are too damn common for my liking. Nevertheless the D played well when it needed to, and I just can't get mad at winning a close game against a division rival on the road when they're on a division streak. Hopefully things can keep going this well.

And once again I've gotta say.....Ratliff is a muther ******* beast! I love that guy!

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
This feels a lot better than 44-6 but we still have to cut down on turnovers and penalties.

Romo has 1 int in his last 4 games. I think we're looking real solid there. Penalties...a whole other animal.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:21 PM
What does the San Diego game have anything to do with Romo?

At the end of the day, Romo was the one that threw a perfect ball to Austin, in the fourth quarter, on third and long with the game tied.

Tony did throw a nice ball to Miles. Kind of throw most Pros can make if they get the read right. Which he did. So props to him.

But it was not late game drive. Late game is usually within 4 minutes. They scored the Austin TD pretty early in the 4th Q. 8 minute mark.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Well boys, the team that plays the Packers, always seems to lead the league in sacks for that week. We better get 10 sacks next week. :)

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-08-2009, 11:22 PM

The first time I have disagreed with the MOTH. I wouldn't say we had no running attack. I think the barbarian was pretty good when he was needed-late in the game.

He sealed it up.

M.O.T.H.
The first time I have disagreed with the MOTH. I wouldn't say we had no running attack. I think the barbarian was pretty good when he was needed-late in the game.

He sealed it up.

True but, Barber's late game running didnt help Romo passing the ball in any way. That was the point i was making.

MetSox17
Tony did throw a nice ball to Miles. Kind of throw most Pros can make if they get the read right. Which he did. So props to him.

But it was not late game drive. Late game is usually within 4 minutes. They scored the Austin TD pretty early in the 4th Q. 8 minute mark.

They were able to kill the clock after getting that TD, so that's pretty clutch to me.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Well boys, the team that plays the Packers, always seems to lead the league in sacks for that week. We better get 10 sacks next week. :)

Good QB and good WR in GB. We should win if the weather is OK.

E-Man
11-08-2009, 11:24 PM

lol that's what I'm saying. Rodgers holds the ball way too long not to get sacked 6 times next week. The guy's got talent, but he's definitely the new David Carr.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Also, how about the packages put in specifically for Choice and Ogletree? Lots of Wild Cat and WR screens. Looks like Garrett picked something up while watching some Eagles tape.

I'm still not too happy that Sam didnt see the field, though. But yeah, we're deep at WR, I'm not complaining. But I want to see more of Sam.

MetSox17
11-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I think Ware has his break-out Jared Allen-esque game next week that puts him back where he belongs. In between the league leaders in sacks.

Paul
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Aside from the numerous draw plays, I thought Jason called a great game tonight. I loved all the Ogletree stuff.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Good QB and good WR in GB. We should win if the weather is OK.

They have some great talent, Rodgers is fantastic, Grant is coming on again, and their WR core is just as deep or deeper than ours. But that O-Line is a major handicap. And the defense gives up a lot of points. I'm expecting the win. As for weather, hopefully it's not too rough on us.

MetSox17
11-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Also, how about the packages put in specifically for Choice and Ogletree? Lots of Wild Cat and WR screens. Looks like Garrett picked something up while watching some Eagles tape.

I'm still not too happy that Sam didnt see the field, though. But yeah, we're deep at WR, I'm not complaining. But I want to see more of Sam.

It's a good problem to have. Depth isn't an issue, and we're blessed that we can throw out guys like Hurd, Crayton and Ogletree along with Bennett and Witten.

Short of it being a blowout, i don't see what Hurd brings to the table that the other WRs ahead of him don't.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Aside from the numerous draw plays, I thought Jason called a great game tonight. I loved all the Ogletree stuff.

The few complaints I had...

The draws, like you said.

3 straight passes with 33 seconds left on the goal line.

Going with no backfield, deep in GB territory on 3rd down. You're just asking for trouble. Romo had a whole group in his face, before the receivers even turned around.

Other than that, it was pretty strong game. But he still makes so many stupid mistakes each game, it seems. But this year's Garrett is still worlds better than what we had to deal with last season.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 11:35 PM
It's a good problem to have. Depth isn't an issue, and we're blessed that we can throw out guys like Hurd, Crayton and Ogletree along with Bennett and Witten.

Short of it being a blowout, i don't see what Hurd brings to the table that the other WRs ahead of him don't.

It's kind of like James Jones on the Packers. Hurd is consistent and takes advantage of his opportunities. Romo has confidence in him and trusts him to get open. Hurd is a good ball player, and he at least deserves to see the field a few times per game.

herniateddisc
11-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Hurd can play. He is a 3rd WR but he is credible.

DMWSackMachine
11-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Rob, Rob, Rob.....*sigh*

I wonder what motivates someone to act like that.

This game was a huge win for this franchise, no matter how you spin it. This Eagle team was running a ton of blitz packages, and taking chances all over the field. As a result, they got to Romo 4 times, hit him numerous others, and forced an INT. However, at the end of the day, that type of risk taking will have its "other side of the pancake." Romo got Austin deep and Crayton down the seam. We also just missed on a couple of other big play opportunities. Romo played the type of football that you need to win ugly games in pressure situations. I'm very happy.

Still, this team clearly has a lot of issues. This was the most complete game of defense we've played all year, with a late game stop to force a FG instead of a TD topping things off. But we need to shore up some things in the secondary and do a better job running different types of dogs and overload blitzes to mix up our pressure packages instead of simply bringing one of the LBs directly from their starting position every time.

Overall, a lot to be happy about. Its a long ways from 44-6

crisco0710
11-09-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't know why the announcers said they were playing with all backup linebackers. Witherspoon was traded to them a couple of weeks ago and he is easily a starting caliber player and their middle linebacker (stewart?) was hurt before the season started so his backup has had plenty of time and gaming experience.

Thumper
11-09-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't know why the announcers said they were playing with all backup linebackers. Witherspoon was traded to them a couple of weeks ago and he is easily a starting caliber player and their middle linebacker (stewart?) was hurt before the season started so his backup has had plenty of time and gaming experience.

Stewart's back-up is also out for the season.

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Stewart's back-up is also out for the season.
It's a good thing you're not one to make excuses. Dallas is a better team than Philadelphia. They proved it by winning in your house.

Thumper
11-09-2009, 12:28 AM
It's a good thing you're not one to make excuses. Dallas is a better team than Philadelphia. They proved it by winning in your house.

Eh... IDK about that. If anything, this game showed how evenly matched the teams are. The Cowboys did win, but remember that the Cowboys have taken the first match-up the past 2 years and the Eagles have won the second one, so I think it will stay the same way. And I really don't see how you gathered that from this game at all, neither team played well and it was tight the whole way through. It says something about how evenly matched the teams were when the game comes down to a botched call by the refs.

Anyways, nice game I guess, I feel dirty saying that.

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Eh... IDK about that. If anything, this game showed how evenly matched the teams are. The Cowboys did win, but remember that the Cowboys have taken the first match-up the past 2 years and the Eagles have won the second one, so I think it will stay the same way. And I really don't see how you gathered that from this game at all, neither team played well and it was tight the whole way through. It says something about how evenly matched the teams were when the game comes down to a botched call by the refs.

This year's team is nothing like the Cowboys from last year. If you wanna convince yourself that history repeats itself to make yourself feel better go ahead. Bottom line is that the Eagles are inferior to the Cowboys. If this game were at Dallas, you might be right about how close they are, but we won this in your house and lead or was tied for most of the game. Desean Jackson was a complete non-factor as I predicted. The only thing I'm disappointed in is in Ware not getting a sack.

Thumper
11-09-2009, 12:49 AM
This year's team is nothing like the Cowboys from last year. If you wanna convince yourself that history repeats itself to make yourself feel better go ahead. Bottom line is that the Eagles are inferior to the Cowboys. If this game were at Dallas, you might be right about how close they are, but we won this in your house and lead or was tied for most of the game. Desean Jackson was a complete non-factor as I predicted. The only thing I'm disappointed in is in Ware not getting a sack.

Whatever, if you truly believe that you're a homer. DeSean Jackson was a non-factor, so what, you won by 4 points off of a complete mistake by Sean Jones and Sheldon Brown. It was a really close game and you beat a team that was missing its starting RB, LE and SLB. The teams are close and they have recently split the games. I guarantee the Eagles win the next one, I'll sig bet anyone here on it.

DMWSackMachine
11-09-2009, 12:53 AM

Botched call? You can't really be serious?

How about the blatant offensive pass interference on Celek that wasn't called on his TD catch, where he clearly and unquestionably pushed off with both hands to create just enough separation (the ball cleared Sensabaugh's hand by less than 6 inches) to reel in the catch. Or the fact that Dallas was called for THE SAME THING on a far less serious offense after Witten cleared himself for a 3rd down converting catch that stalled what would have been a scoring drive, or the blatant roughing the passer on a 3rd down play in the first half where Romo, iirc, was sacked and clearly hit in the head?

I could go on and on.

But I won't. Mostly, its just laughable that anyone would think that 4th and short should have been re-spotted. Laughable.

Modano
11-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Oh Roy, how silly is that first down signal you make? It always gives me a good laugh :D

LonghornsLegend
11-09-2009, 02:13 AM

You should just stop while your ahead with the "botched calls" and 'refs screwed us out of the game' mentality. There were missed calls all night, you never seem to bring up the ones that went in your favor or the ones that didn't get called against you.

If they get the PI called on Asante early on we score 7 instead of 3, but I'm guessing that had no impact on the game right? Or you don't think when he blatantly grabbed his arm it was a PI at all?

Or how about when Witten caught the 1st down pass to keep a drive alove going into fg range but was called for offensive PI, yet Celek wasn't called on it when he literally did the exact same thing on his TD?

Do you want to address any of those issues? Or do you just want to keep acting like the Eagles were cheated out of victory in an otherwise perfectly officiated game?

There's nothing more annoying then when fans want to rely on blaming it on the refs afterwards, that's just weak and usually homers go that route more then anyone.

Modano
11-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Hey, when is thanksgiving this year? Who are we facing?

MOTH: I really like what I've seen so far form Sensabaugh. He's without a doubt a keeper. He's very good range and he's not afraid to step up against the run. Too bad Hamlin forgot how good he can bee when he wants to play.

D: Like you, I hate when people say that history repeats itself or that the past helps us predicting the future. Have you ever read "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Taleb? I think you should!

LonghornsLegend
11-09-2009, 03:03 AM
We play Oakland on Thanksgiving.

Since were looking ahead we have some interesting games in December against San Diego and New Orleans that should give us an idea of how we fare against some other very good teams. Nice to have a little cushion if we can going into December.

herniateddisc
11-09-2009, 09:00 AM
1) Refs helped the Cowboys? ROTFLMAO. That game was called Eagles most the way and frankly you should kill Reid for givig away two first downs on SPOTS.

2) We turned a HUGE corner? Hey now fannie boys! It is not December or January yet and Romo frankly did not play well. This game was won by the D.

leroyisgod
11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Whatever, if you truly believe that you're a homer. DeSean Jackson was a non-factor, so what, you won by 4 points off of a complete mistake by Sean Jones and Sheldon Brown. It was a really close game and you beat a team that was missing its starting RB, LE and SLB. The teams are close and they have recently split the games. I guarantee the Eagles win the next one, I'll sig bet anyone here on it.

Maybe it's time to head back over to your teams board. You'll get no love or sympathy over here. The Cowboys took it to the Eagles on their own turf, play and simple!!!

M.O.T.H.
11-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey, when is thanksgiving this year? Who are we facing?

MOTH: I really like what I've seen so far form Sensabaugh. He's without a doubt a keeper. He's very good range and he's not afraid to step up against the run. Too bad Hamlin forgot how good he can bee when he wants to play.

D: Like you, I hate when people say that history repeats itself or that the past helps us predicting the future. Have you ever read "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Taleb? I think you should!

I def. liked the Sensabaugh pick up but, he's been even better than I expected him to be. He's playing great football and the defense looks completely different when he's in there. And I don't think anyone expected Brooking to make the impact he has made. You guys see him celebrating when Witten got that game clinching first down? I freaking love this guy. haha.

M.O.T.H.
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Oh and dont look now but, we've moved up to 6th in the league in sacks. The defense is playing at a very high level. I find it very hard to believe that we rank 20th still because, they dont play like a 20th ranked team at all. A couple of the Eagles' posters, prior to the game, were taking the defense a little lightly because of that ranking but, I told them they're playing a whole lot better than that. There is still room for improvement but, you have like what we're seeing with the defense.

leroyisgod
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I def. liked the Sensabaugh pick up but, he's been even better than I expected him to be. He's playing great football and the defense looks completely different when he's in there. And I don't think anyone expected Brooking to make the impact he has made. You guys see him celebrating when Witten got that game clinching first down? I freaking love this guy. haha.

Those two guys have been the difference makers on defense. That and the development of Jenkins.

This team has a whole new attitude that we haven't seen in a long time. Now, we do need to get that running game going. I've been saying it the last few weeks.

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
You don't have the money to cash in. A sig bet? Please. If you're so confident then just sig bet yourself. I'm noticing a trend with you that's making me lose even more respect for you. "EXCUSES, EXCUSES". You can't even come clean and admit your team is inferior even after they lost at home. You can use those excuses all you want, but the fact is those excuses mean you're inferior. Refs... Injuries... Just own up to it, the way you would be calling for us to own up to it if you won. I'm going to start calling your boy Desean "Non-Action" Jackson. For all the stats and reasoning you gave us on him being impossible to cover... You = FAIL. Now man up.

herniateddisc
11-09-2009, 11:30 AM
The Eagles problem is they can't score without the big play. Take that away and you have last night.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, they were 3rd in scoring with nearly 30 PPG but 23rd on Yards and First Downs .... which means without big plays the Offense is quite poor.

Last night, no big plays down the field.

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Freaking Brooking is the man! He's ALWAYS in the game! He's always cheering on the offense. The dude even runs down the sidelines in jubilation on big plays! I wish he had been a Cowboys lifer all these years. I feel like a Patriots fan when I think about him. Just like the way Belichick picked up vets that were plug and play and had big impacts for them, Brooking is totally that guy for us with BIG TIME leadership who's energy rubs off on the other guys.

Macarthur
11-09-2009, 11:39 AM
The Eagles problem is they can't score without the big play. Take that away and you have last night.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, they were 3rd in scoring with nearly 30 PPG but 23rd on Yards and First Downs .... which means without big plays the Offense is quite poor.

Last night, no big plays down the field.

I mentioned this earlier in the week. I felt if we could make them drive the length of the field we could force them into FGs.

LSUALUM99
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
If anything, the team is showing the type of talent that we had hoped they had last year.

Philly is a good team, but they are probably the single most QB dependent team in the league. If McNabb is anything short of Good they don't win.

Dallas is very QB dependent, almost as much as Philly, but the difference is the defense and the potential for a running game.

Despite multiple OL penalties (it's amazing how bad Dallas is at False starts) they played pretty well. The defense is starting to make the plays they need when they need them. The running game is decent but can be excellent when Jones is looking good (something the eagles don't have when Westbrook is out, which he is EVERY year).

For the last few weeks the Cowboys have looked surprisingly complete. As long as Romo doesn't get his head up his a$$ they play pretty well. The difference is that the Eagles need McNabb to play good to win. Romo just need to play ok. The problem is (and the reason I say the Cowboys are QB dependent moresoe than alot of teams) that Romo is rarely OK, he's either good or bad, not in between.

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
If anything, the team is showing the type of talent that we had hoped they had last year.

Philly is a good team, but they are probably the single most QB dependent team in the league. If McNabb is anything short of Good they don't win.

Dallas is very QB dependent, almost as much as Philly, but the difference is the defense and the potential for a running game.

Despite multiple OL penalties (it's amazing how bad Dallas is at False starts) they played pretty well. The defense is starting to make the plays they need when they need them. The running game is decent but can be excellent when Jones is looking good (something the eagles don't have when Westbrook is out, which he is EVERY year).

For the last few weeks the Cowboys have looked surprisingly complete. As long as Romo doesn't get his head up his a$$ they play pretty well. The difference is that the Eagles need McNabb to play good to win. Romo just need to play ok. The problem is (and the reason I say the Cowboys are QB dependent moresoe than alot of teams) that Romo is rarely OK, he's either good or bad, not in between.
I think Romo himself is still developing as a QB. Funny, but I think yesterday was the perfect example of an "OK" performance by him. It was neither bad or great. It was just enough. If all is, is "just good enough".. that's ok wit me cause "just good enough" means getting the win despite errors.

You know what's odd... Flozell DIDN'T have a False Start. I wonder what our W/L record is in relation to that stat. lol.

LSUALUM99
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
He didn't get called for one. But he certainly should have been called for two. One where Columbo and he both had a FS but 75 was called. The other when Flozell moved on the left side but they called the Eagles for drawing the offensive player off on the right side. I know Flo didn't see it because he was looking outside at Cole. He got lucky.

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
He didn't get called for one. But he certainly should have been called for two. One where Columbo and he both had a FS but 75 was called. The other when Flozell moved on the left side but they called the Eagles for drawing the offensive player off on the right side. I know Flo didn't see it because he was looking outside at Cole. He got lucky.
Well at least he's consistent! LOL. Good 'ole Flo.

E-Man
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh and dont look now but, we've moved up to 6th in the league in sacks. The defense is playing at a very high level. I find it very hard to believe that we rank 20th still because, they dont play like a 20th ranked team at all. A couple of the Eagles' posters, prior to the game, were taking the defense a little lightly because of that ranking but, I told them they're playing a whole lot better than that. There is still room for improvement but, you have like what we're seeing with the defense.

That 20th rating is due to a few crappy performances early in a short season so far. The numbers are skewed because of that, and if they can keep playing at a high level they'll balance the numbers out to be a top 10 D again. As far as the sacks go, I gotta give Wade his due there again. We can rightfully criticize Wade for many things, but the guy is definitely one of the best at putting pressure on the QB. He's fixed the D, and hopefully they keep their minds right to finish not only the games, but the season as well.
1) Refs helped the Cowboys? ROTFLMAO. That game was called Eagles most the way and frankly you should kill Reid for givig away two first downs on SPOTS.

2) We turned a HUGE corner? Hey now fannie boys! It is not December or January yet and Romo frankly did not play well. This game was won by the D.

You're right. We don't need to get ahead of ourselves. It's not December yet, and having San Diego, Philly, and New Orleans in December really will show how far this team has come. Nonetheless, the win in Philly last night is exactly what you could ask for from the team. Right now they're playing very well, and hopefully they can use that momentum to finally tap into what they should be at the end of the season.

M.O.T.H.
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I said I found it hard to believe because, even despite our last few great weeks on the defensive end, we've still only gained two spots in the rankings. I know it has to do a lot with the bad start but, damn we're not moving up too quickly. haha. I agree, they're going to be just fine. They're getting better by the week.

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Dunces, Clowns and now Fannie Boys! So glad you think so highly of us, Bob.

From your pedestal, the view below must make you feel so good. A Philly loss and we're Dead Wrong and your're right. A win and we're "Fannie boys"! LOL. You're killin' me your majesty!

D-Unit
11-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I said I found it hard to believe because, even despite our last few great weeks on the defensive end, we've still only gained two spots in the rankings. I know it has to do a lot with the bad start but, damn we're not moving up too quickly. haha. I agree, they're going to be just fine. They're getting better by the week.
Offensive and Defensive Rankings mean jack squat to me. It's all based on Yards. I think the Aikman Rankings are more meaningful.

M.O.T.H.
11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I am talking about total yards, though. But as was said, they're skewed at the moment. They'll even out.

edit...nm. haha. I gotcha.

herniateddisc
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Dunces, Clowns and now Fannie Boys! So glad you think so highly of us, Bob.

From your pedestal, the view below must make you feel so good. A Philly loss and we're Dead Wrong and your're right. A win and we're "Fannie boys"! LOL. You're killin' me your majesty!

Hey now! I never referred to you or anyone specifically.

This is like the "Pick and Ethnicity" box when you apply for Welfare. You pick what you want. Don't blame anyone else when your application is processed and you go down as something you may (or may not) consider yourself..

I simply put the boxes to check on the form. You decide which you want to pick.

DMWSackMachine
11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
The Cowboys for the last several years have always been a team that ranked much better in the YPA stats than in the points per game stat. This year they're 20th in yards allowed and 7th in points allowed (and remember that we are near the top of the league in points allowed off turnovers, eliminate that stat and we're in the top 3 of the league otherwise), flipping the script. Or would you rather be like the Giants, first in yards allowed and 21st in points allowed?

LonghornsLegend
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I think Romo himself is still developing as a QB. Funny, but I think yesterday was the perfect example of an "OK" performance by him. It was neither bad or great. It was just enough. If all is, is "just good enough".. that's ok wit me cause "just good enough" means getting the win despite errors.

I know you said it was neither good nor bad, and one person thinks he played bad, but I saw a stat that was really amazing to me from the game and I can't remember the EXACT figures, but I believe on 3rd down Romo was

9/11, with a QB rating well over 120.

It really surprised me, and showed how efficient he was vs an aggressive defense all night, and one he typically struggles with. That's the money down, 3rd downs, and he was fantastic on those downs. I have been waiting for one of these games from Tony, when things don't go as scripted, with 35 points going into the 4th.

I wanted to see if he could be patient to wait for that big play Austin provided, wait for our defense to create a turnover, not put us in any worse spots.

This game from Romo was way more impressive to me personally then any of the 300 yard, 5 TD games he's had with us. He's always been capable of that, this was a game on the road, he handled the 3rd downs well, took sacks when there was nothing there, and sometimes it goes that way.

You can't shred up every defense you play, I see alot of these types of games from Big Ben week in and out, I love that Tony has adjusted his game because I don't remember seeing these types of wins from him before. I'm just glad he's improving and progressing, taking his mistakes and learning.

No way in hell I'd consider him playing badly, especially when I had a chance to see how well he threw the ball on 3rd down all night.

Thumper
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, since I got trashed in here for thinking the Eagles spot was bad, I'd just like to point this out. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=19377)

What does it say? It says the VP of NFL Officiating disagreed and would've overturned the spot on the field.

"I think I'd move it," Pereira said. "There was a camera angle that showed exactly where the ball was when McNabb's elbow hit the ground. The Eagles logo at midfield provided a reference point. The spot where the ball was when McNabb's elbow touched the ground did not match the placement of the ball by the referees."

Game over, who cares anymore but I just thought I'd let you see this since you all laughed at me when I said I thought it was a bad spot, turns out the VP of Officiating agrees with me. Just sayin', not as funny and laughable as you thought.

D-Unit
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, since I got trashed in here for thinking the Eagles spot was bad, I'd just like to point this out. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=19377)

What does it say? It says the VP of NFL Officiating disagreed and would've overturned the spot on the field.

Game over, who cares anymore but I just thought I'd let you see this since you all laughed at me when I said I thought it was a bad spot, turns out the VP of Officiating agrees with me. Just sayin', not as funny and laughable as you thought.
I laughed because you thought that it was a reason for you losing. You blamed bad reffing.

The officials called it right because there was no visual evidence of where his other arm was. He was down in the pile and you see the arm with the ball, and that looked like it was past, but you don't see the other one which could have been down earlier.

Did the VP analyze all the missed plays? What did he think of Asante Samuels' non-PI call in the endzone on Roy Williams? Is that the only thing he reviewed? Kind of bias if you ask me.

Thumper
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I really do believe that the game hinged on that play, if the Eagles get called short the Cowboys win (and they did) and if the Eagles get the first, the continue driving and get some points.

D-Unit
11-12-2009, 06:21 PM
I really do believe that the game hinged on that play, if the Eagles get called short the Cowboys win (and they did) and if the Eagles get the first, the continue driving and get some points.
It's not like the Eagles offense had shown anytime earlier in the game of easily marching down for a score. What makes you so confident they were going to do it now? They had a 2nd and short and couldn't covert in 2 tries. Man up to the loss. Eagles weren't able to win at home. Let it sting. You'll heal faster.

MetSox17
11-12-2009, 06:26 PM

This is a stupid game you're trying to play. What if we had the 6 (most likely 7) points we would have gotten had Roy Williams not been interfered with at the end of the half? Please, respond to that.

superman8456
11-12-2009, 06:39 PM
It's not like the Eagles offense had shown anytime earlier in the game of easily marching down for a score. What makes you so confident they were going to do it now? They had a 2nd and short and couldn't covert in 2 tries. Man up to the loss. Eagles weren't able to win at home. Let it sting. You'll heal faster.

You wanna call out other people for being on a "pedestal", but you're also talking down to people. Dont be ignorant and act like that call didnt have an impact on the outcome of the game. The refs were bad that game. Both sides had a couple missed calls, difference is that this call gave you the ball and ended a possible drive.

I think all Eagles fans have "manned" up to the loss and its over with. We're a young team, and a lot of mistakes were made. A lot of our starters were rookies and it was their first or second time playing in a big NFL game.

D-Unit
11-12-2009, 10:51 PM
You wanna call out other people for being on a "pedestal", but you're also talking down to people. Dont be ignorant and act like that call didnt have an impact on the outcome of the game. The refs were bad that game. Both sides had a couple missed calls, difference is that this call gave you the ball and ended a possible drive.

I think all Eagles fans have "manned" up to the loss and its over with. We're a young team, and a lot of mistakes were made. A lot of our starters were rookies and it was their first or second time playing in a big NFL game.

I'm only talking to Thumper. He talked a lot of junk before the game and has only made excuses for losing. I've yet to hear him say the Eagles lost fair and square. That to me is not manning up. This is a sports forum where fans talk smack on both sides all the time. I do it. I also man up and eat my crow all the time. I like Thumper, I'm just giving him a hard time. ... But it's all in sports fun. Chill...

thule
11-12-2009, 11:08 PM

You make a lot of excuses.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2009, 11:58 PM

Of course the game hinged on that 1 play, you know why? Because we had to kick a fg instead of punching in a TD when Samuel blatantly held RW's arm. If you asked the VP of officiating about that play what do you think he would say?

Then for all we know that play is meaningless or doesn't happen because your not even as close at that point.

But again, it's probably more fun your way of just looking at that one call, instead of the countless we pointed out that went in your favor.

I get it though, let's just say the Cowboys won because of the refs, then it makes the Eagles look better and makes the Cowboys look worse, and you can sleep better at night.

Hey, whatever works for you buddy.

It's just funny how you continuously ignore all the other calls we pointed out to you that could of had the game well out of hand by that point, thus making the QB sneak irrelevant had the prior calls been called correctly. So you, and the other Eagles fans still hinging to that call need to keep in mind that had prior calls been called correct that play doesn't have such huge ramifications, then again if the Eagles knew what to do on a 3rd/4th and short situation they wouldn't have to worry about it but we all know Andy Reid is as clueless as it comes in those situations.

You can take that as a shot if you want but we both know it's true, you guys can't convert short yardage situations to save your life, you have more to be worried about then a ball spot.

Again though, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Thumper
11-13-2009, 12:13 AM
You seem to be taking everything I say too seriously, I was simply pointing out that the VP of Officiating would've overturned the call because you and D-Unit thought it was so funny when in reality it was a bad spot and IMO it did turn the game. I have said that bad calls went both ways all game, but that call is the one that decided the game IMO. I know none of you probably care to listen because you'll just continue chest thumping (I understand, I did it after the Giants game) but that call may have decided the game because the Eagles prior to that spot the Eagles were driving, that is why I believe that would've happened the Eagles went from their own 13 to the Cowboys 45. Props to the Dallas defense for holding up enough to get the call though.

And yeah, the Eagles lost, oh well not here because I'm bitter just came here to show you that really wasn't as laughable as you thought and I keep seeing all those penalties that the Refs missed, the Refs missed a few on the Eagles as well and to be honest I really don't care, just wanted to show that I wasn't crazy like you guys tried to make it seem like.

See you guys in December, and LL I don't lose sleep over football so regardless of what you say, what I say and the refs say, I sleep just fine.

And I agree with LL, the Eagles really do have short yardage issues and they should've never been in a situation to where Andy would have to challenge the play.

D-Unit
11-13-2009, 12:19 AM
You seem to be taking everything I say too seriously, I was simply pointing out that the VP of Officiating would've overturned the call because you and D-Unit thought it was so funny when in reality it was a bad spot and IMO it did turn the game. I have said that bad calls went both ways all game, but that call is the one that decided the game IMO. I know none of you probably care to listen because you'll just continue chest thumping (I understand, I did it after the Giants game) but that call may have decided the game because the Eagles prior to that spot the Eagles were driving, that is why I believe that would've happened the Eagles went from their own 13 to the Cowboys 45. Props to the Dallas defense for holding up enough to get the call though.

And yeah, the Eagles lost, oh well not here because I'm bitter just came here to show you that really wasn't as laughable as you thought and I keep seeing all those penalties that the Refs missed, the Refs missed a few on the Eagles as well and to be honest I really don't care, just wanted to show that I wasn't crazy like you guys tried to make it seem like.

See you guys in December, and LL I don't lose sleep over football so regardless of what you say, what I say and the refs say, I sleep just fine.

And I agree with LL, the Eagles really do have short yardage issues and they should've never been in a situation to where Andy would have to challenge the play.
Fiiiiiiiiiine. From now on, we just need to have the mentality that only the LAST missed call counts. Everything before that is not that important. :p

Yeah. I think you guys would've won if you got that call. :rolleyes:

LSUALUM99
11-13-2009, 11:29 AM
The bottom line is that the eagles tried multiple times to gain a single yard and failed. In any game, if you can't get a single yard when you have to you don't deserve to win.

This goes for the cowboys, eagles, LSU tigers or whomever. If your game hinges upon a spot from the ref after multiple tries at a single yard you do not deserve to win.

Ward
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM
The bottom line is that the eagles tried multiple times to gain a single yard and failed. In any game, if you can't get a single yard when you have to you don't deserve to win.

This goes for the cowboys, eagles, LSU tigers or whomever. If your game hinges upon a spot from the ref after multiple tries at a single yard you do not deserve to win.

I know this is true because I heard my father spout this at the TV 1000 times growing up. Usually with more cursing than appears in LSU's post.

LSUALUM99
11-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I know this is true because I heard my father spout this at the TV 1000 times growing up. Usually with more cursing than appears in LSU's post.

Likely during Barry Switzer's notorious 4th down debacle against the Eagles with Emmitt trying 2 straight runs to get a single yard. At the end of the day, if you can't gain 1 yard when you have to with multiple attempts then you don't deserve the win.