PDA

View Full Version : Best Veteran of them all

Babylon
11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Had to be Roger Staubach. Great leader (obviously), excellant runner, strong arm. Didnt join the Cowboys till he was about 27 but had an illustrious HOF career. What kind of $$$ would this guy make today?

yourfavestoner
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I love me some Roger. I consider him a top 5 QB of all-time, and he'd be in the discussion for GOAT if his career would not have gotten started so late.

tjsunstein
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Knowing all we do about him now, he would make a lot but if the circumstances were the same now as they were when he joined the Cowboys then who knows.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-11-2009, 12:53 PM
He wouldn't make anything because he is old

vikes_28
11-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino, John Elway.

CashmoneyDrew
11-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Dan Fouts would be my favorite player of all-time if the "t" and "s" switched places in his name.

TitanHope
11-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Dan Fouts would be my favorite player of all-time if the "t" and "s" switched places in his name.

I see what you did there!

...and I'm probably the only one. :D

LizardState
11-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Clay Matthews, a non-QB who played for the Oilers/Titans for like 22 yrs.

Favre is the worst veteran for his teasing about retirement every yr. He is playing like gangbusters this season but sucked in major ways with the Jets at the end of last season, he cost them 3-4 games singlehandedly with his too-slow passes & INTs.

DiG
11-12-2009, 11:14 AM
edit** nvm my post. k thanks.

Wally03
11-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Perhaps I'm the one that is mistaken, but given this thread was started on Veterans Day and the OP talked about Roger Staubach who served out his commitment to the Navy before joining the Cowboys, I suspect this thread was intended to discuss who the best player was in the NFL who also served in the military.

I might be forgetting someone, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone could argue against Roger Staubach being the best military veteran to ever play in the NFL.

BamaFalcon59
11-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Perhaps I'm the one that is mistaken, but given this thread was started on Veterans Day and the OP talked about Roger Staubach who served out his commitment to the Navy before joining the Cowboys, I suspect this thread was intended to discuss who the best player was in the NFL who also served in the military.

I might be forgetting someone, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone could argue against Roger Staubach being the best military veteran to ever play in the NFL.

Lol not sure how people didn't get this.

senormysterioso
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Bob Kalsu and Pat Tillman. Both sacrificed their lives in combat.