PDA

View Full Version : Peter King mid-season all pro

Ravens1991
11-12-2009, 12:24 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//2009/writers/peter_king/11/10/all-pro.team/index.html

I am shocked to see Oher on that list, but I agree with all his awards, except I would consider putting Benson over Favre for comeback player.

DeathbyStat
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Kemo has been playing suprisingly well

CC.SD
11-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I guarantee if Vincent Jackson doesn't make that game winning catch he's not even top 5 on Peter King's list of wideouts. The guy is supremely bandwagon.

ThePudge
11-12-2009, 12:47 PM
It's a decent list. As a Bengals fan, I'm of course disappointed not to see any of our players on there. It's understandable.

Should have received consideration:
- RB Cedric Benson (exempt for the obvious reason - Chris Johnson)
- LT Andrew Whitworth (doing big things in the pass game AND the run game)
- CB Johnathan Joseph/CB Leon Hall

wordofi
11-12-2009, 12:48 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//2009/writers/peter_king/11/10/all-pro.team/index.html

I am shocked to see Oher on that list, but I agree with all his awards, except I would consider putting Benson over Favre for comeback player.

I think he did a good job with his list.

Jvig43
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Not a bad list, I'd like to see one made for the disappointments of this season.

terribletowel39
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Really surprised Kemo got a mention. He has been awesome in the run game, really mauling people.

FlyingElvis
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Completely agree with the questions on Oher & Favre. But like CCSD mentioned - the only thing King likes more than a bandwagon is a "feel good story" bandwagon. Oher & Favre are definitely that.

Were it not for the media's insane desire to constantly fellate Favre, King may have selected Benson for comeback player.

Then again, comeback player is usually reserved for injury of illness rather than pulling one's head out of one's ass.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2009, 01:15 PM
It isn't like Oher hasn't played some exceptional football, not only at RT, but then switching over to LT and playing great. Obviously you have to leave off some great names that you put him above, but he's played very well all year long.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
It isn't like Oher hasn't played some exceptional football, not only at RT, but then switching over to LT and playing great. Obviously you have to leave off some great names that you put him above, but he's played very well all year long.

Yeah I agree, how many rookies can play RT after four years of playing LT then switch back to LT after three weeks in the NFL and still do a solid job against guys like Jared Allen, Antwan Odom, Ty Warren and Elvis Dumervil. In a year or two, Michael Oher and Jared Gaither will be the best tackle tandem in the league, by far.

CC.SD
11-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah I agree, how many rookies can play RT after four years of playing LT then switch back to LT after three weeks in the NFL and still do a solid job against guys like Jared Allen, Antwan Odom, Ty Warren and Elvis Dumervil. In a year or two, Michael Oher and Jared Gaither will be the best tackle tandem in the league, by far.

Nuh uh, the bolts are drafting Trent Williams to play RT across from McNeill so there.

Seriously though I love Oher and came pretty close to throwing the remote when he was passed in favor of Larry English. Who I also love, but let's be real.

Oher should be OROY

gsorace
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Good to see David Harris getting some recognition

Don Vito
11-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Good for Oher, as others have said it probably has to do with his story. Good thing he made this before Blind Side comes out or else he would have him as MVP, can't wait for that ******* movie. P-Willie got a shout too, awesome.

I'm glad to see Meriweather on there, he has really come into his own. He has always been a big hitter but he has looked very good in coverage and hasn't been as reckless when it comes to missing tackles.

FlyingElvis
11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
It's not that I think Oher is not good enough. He certainly has been impressive. Without going too far into the stat sheets I'd say an RT candidate from some of the teams producing better rushing & passing stats this year might be better choices. Throw an old guy a bone in New Orleans and give Stinchcomb that spot - holding down the RT spot for the league's 4th best passing game & #1 overall rushing team has to be worth more than one spot on that oline list.

AntoinCD
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't mind Harris being there but it's a kop out taking 2 ILBs in what he has picked, a 4-3 defense. I love that Brandon Meriweather is there. Doesn't put up major INT stats but he's been awesome this year

Borat
11-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Pretty good list.

I'd probably put Vernon Davis over Dallas Clark though. He leads the league in TDs and has no QB, where as Clark has Payton.

PoopSandwich
11-12-2009, 03:02 PM

I loved the pick up of Alex Mack and still do but I would have rather had Oher at right tackle...

It's not like Mangini knew Tucker was gonna get hurt again though.

BlindSite
11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Peter king needs to learn there's more than www.nfl.com/stats and weekly highlights when writing about football.

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
im gonna kill myself if Favre wins CPotY

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Nuh uh, the bolts are drafting Trent Williams to play RT across from McNeill so there.

Seriously though I love Oher and came pretty close to throwing the remote when he was passed in favor of Larry English. Who I also love, but let's be real.

Oher should be OROY

There's no way any o-linemen will ever get a chance at that award haha, but I will say, Oher has the best chance because of his movie coming out. But with big named guys like Percy Harvin, Sanchez, Stafford, Wells, Maclin and Moreno, it's unlikely.

yo123
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM

Why is that?

UKfan
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Pretty good list.

I'd probably put Vernon Davis over Dallas Clark though. He leads the league in TDs and has no QB, where as Clark has Payton.

Dallas has been clutch this year though, picking up huge first downs for us, and catching 14 passes last week.

VD has played very well, but I would argue having no QB helps him, as he is a nice safety blanket for a dodgy QB.

Can't go wrong either way, and VD is a better blocker so it's probably a toss up.

Shiver
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Why does Peter King still have a job?

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Why does Peter King still have a job?

I ask this about many so called experts.

gsorace
11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I hate Peter King but this team isn't bad.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-12-2009, 06:31 PM

I doubt it, Cedric Benson has got that locked up.

CC.SD
11-12-2009, 06:35 PM

Yeah right, it will be Brady. It's a media award, remember?

also it's not like Cedric is coming back to anything...it's closer to a breakout than anything else, and there is no award for that.

P-L
11-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm a big fan of Benson, but what is he coming back from? He played well towards the end of last year and has taken a huge step forward this year. It's not like he was completely awful or injured last year. Same with Favre. Why does he get a "comeback" award just because he was terrible in the final five games last year? It's not like he was terrible the whole season.

wogitalia
11-12-2009, 07:13 PM

I wouldn't go that far, but how the **** is he even eligible? To me you have to actually come back from something to be eligible for this award, and that doesn't include your own indecisiveness.

Favre has played 16 games for how many seasons now? What makes him any more eligible than say Manning? I mean both played 16 games, both were "injured" last year, both are playing better than last year.

If Brady doesn't win CPoTY I would be surprised, he has comeback from a real injury and is playing well. Benson sort of loses votes for me because he came back from his self inflicted problems last year, but is also a decent candidate. I'm sure there are other guys that slip my mind that deserve a mention here, Favre though is not one of them.

CC.SD
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but how the **** is he even eligible? To me you have to actually come back from something to be eligible for this award, and that doesn't include your own indecisiveness.

Favre has played 16 games for how many seasons now? What makes him any more eligible than say Manning? I mean both played 16 games, both were "injured" last year, both are playing better than last year.

If Brady doesn't win CPoTY I would be surprised, he has comeback from a real injury and is playing well. Benson sort of loses votes for me because he came back from his self inflicted problems last year, but is also a decent candidate. I'm sure there are other guys that slip my mind that deserve a mention here, Favre though is not one of them.

At least Favre is coming off bicep surgery in his throwing arm, Benson is coming off being terrible most of his career and that's it.

bored of education
11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Brady should win the CPOTY and MVP and OPOY and DPOY award every year.

Job
11-12-2009, 08:43 PM
what about Carson Palmer. sure he hasn't been as stellar as his best seasons, but he's still doing quite good after missing all season last year. Anyway he's still got time to earn it more.

wogitalia
11-12-2009, 11:06 PM
"The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance."

I stand by that Favre has come back from none of them, hell people had him as an MVP candidate at the halfway point last year. Being a pompous indecisive dickhead is not adversity, no matter how much you stretch the definition and I will stand by that.

Benson is coming off being terrible most of his career and that's it.

See the pansy police will say that overcoming alcohol problems is a comeback. For me if you have problems with alcohol, don't drink it, it's not a difficult equation. That said, apparently people who can overcome their own stupidity relating to alcohol deserve respect and accolades. That said, Benson has also come back from being stupid enough to get himself kicked off a team to be one of the best backs this season.

Still... that one is Brady's to lose. I like to think that EJ Henderson should get a bit of love on this one as well. He has overcome a knee injury also to once again be a very good MLB for a good defense.

Gay Ork Wang
11-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Favre came back from retirement

wogitalia
11-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Favre came back from retirement

and by that you mean being an attention ***** right? Because last time I checked, to be retired would involve not playing the sport.

It's just as well he is winning games or this would be the most unbearable season as a Vikings fan ever, just can't stand Favre and what he stands for not to mention the attention that he gets.

the decider13
11-12-2009, 11:45 PM

Oher should be OROY

If Clady didn't win OROY last year, there is no way that Oher should win it this year.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
If Clady didn't win OROY last year, there is no way that Oher should win it this year.

That doesn't make sense though.

If Mark Sanchez was having a rookie year as good as Matt Ryan did last year Oher wouldn't have a chance either. You can't compare rookies one season to the next then ignore the competition they had to compete against to win the award.

wogitalia
11-12-2009, 11:54 PM

Oher isn't up against a couple of QBs who turned around teams though either. At the moment Harvin is probably the front runner due to the skill position bias, hard to argue that Harvin has been better than Oher though.

Actually a tightly contested battle for both O and D RoY awards. Byrd doesn't get enough press on what has been a surprisingly good Bills defense, he has been Sharperesque for them.

CC.SD
11-13-2009, 12:27 AM

Well if Marcus McNeill didn't win it in 2006 paving the way for LT's 31 touchdowns, there is no way Clady was going to win it in 08. :D

tjsunstein
11-13-2009, 12:55 AM
One thing Peter King did do was **** the Bears after picking them to go to the Super Bowl. Well done.

vidae
11-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Holy crap, Jared Allen has 10 1/2 sacks already this year? What a gd beast. Nice re-signing of LJ btw Carl..

Shiver
11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Holy crap, Jared Allen has 10 1/2 sacks already this year? What a gd beast. Nice re-signing of LJ btw Carl..

It is amazing to see all of these ex-Chiefs blowing up elsewhere:

Jared Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Keyaron Fox
Kawika Mitchell
Bernard Pollard

Even Ryan Sims had a sack and Kris Wilson had a TD last week!

vikes_28
11-13-2009, 01:14 AM
I <3 Jared Allen

vidae
11-13-2009, 01:16 AM

Jared Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Keyaron Fox
Kawika Mitchell
Bernard Pollard

The bolded names are players that most Chiefs fans expected to do well elsewhere. The other two are a surprise though.

Xenos
11-13-2009, 02:46 AM

Oher should be OROY
We're pretty much set at tackle. The only olineman I could see us picking up would be center with Nick's injury and Mooch's performance so far.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-13-2009, 07:20 AM
TBH I think it's deserving for Oher. Maybe it's not fair for the other vets since he has such a small window of film on him but I think far and away Oher is the best O-lineman on the Ravens and that's saying a whole lot considering they have also dominant Jared Gaither and Ben Grubbs. I really can't recall watching Oher on a play in which he struggled. I truly think he can be at a damn high level on either side of the line and right now he is playing like he should have been a top 5 pick. He's really the only Ravens O-lineman who doesn't collapse under pressure. Even Gaither struggles at times when he has to pick up blitzes. Oher just gets it. It's a shame though because no matter what he does in his career people will always say it's because of his story, and even if he becomes a pro bowler soon in his career all people still will ever talk about is his story.

11-13-2009, 07:38 AM

This isn't the Most Improved Player Award.

FlyingElvis
11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Brady should win the CPOTY and MVP and OPOY and DPOY award every year.
I was nodding agreement until that last one. But, **** it. He's Tom ******* Brady. Just give him the damn DPOY, too.

With more than half against the pathetic combo of a bad GBay Oline & Aaron "I'll never throw it away!" Rodgers . . .

Ravens1991
11-13-2009, 09:19 AM
TBH I think it's deserving for Oher. Maybe it's not fair for the other vets since he has such a small window of film on him but I think far and away Oher is the best O-lineman on the Ravens and that's saying a whole lot considering they have also dominant Jared Gaither and Ben Grubbs. I really can't recall watching Oher on a play in which he struggled. I truly think he can be at a damn high level on either side of the line and right now he is playing like he should have been a top 5 pick. He's really the only Ravens O-lineman who doesn't collapse under pressure. Even Gaither struggles at times when he has to pick up blitzes. Oher just gets it. It's a shame though because no matter what he does in his career people will always say it's because of his story, and even if he becomes a pro bowler soon in his career all people still will ever talk about is his story.

Exactly the guy is a freaking beast, my favorite part of Oher is that he is so mean, he is probably the meanest o-lineman on the team

Jvig43
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM

Jared Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Keyaron Fox
Kawika Mitchell
Bernard Pollard

Next up; LJ.

SuperMcGee
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Jared Allen
Tony Gonzalez
Keyaron Fox
Kawika Mitchell
Bernard Pollard

I wish Kawika wasn't on IR.

In true Bills fashion, we're starting Bryan Scott at linebacker now.

Shiver
11-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I was nodding agreement until that last one. But, **** it. He's Tom ******* Brady. Just give him the damn DPOY, too.

The best defense is a good offense after all.

Brent
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
my left testicle knows more about football than Peter King

CC.SD
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM

In true Bills fashion, we're starting Bryan Scott at linebacker now.

At first I read this as 'Byron Scott' and thought "Wow, he found a new gig pretty quick."

DeepThreat
11-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Joe Thomas should be on there.

P-L
11-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Joe Thomas should be on there.
Joe Thomas is very good, but Ryan Clady is the best left tackle in football by a pretty decent margin.

TitanHope
11-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Joe Thomas is very good, but Ryan Clady is the best left tackle in football by a pretty decent margin.

Clady is deserving and is an exceptional LT, but you really think he's decidedly better than guys like Roos and Thomas?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
my left testicle knows more about football than Peter King

To be fair, your left testicle has been in football for 34 years as a coach and analyst.

Don Vito
11-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Said it before and will say it again...Oher should have been the first tackle taken in the draft last year. I know I'm not the only one on here who believed that, he truly was over analyzed.

Ravens1991
11-13-2009, 10:46 PM
yea I had him ahead of Smith before the draft, but I am not complaining that he was over analyzed.

SenorGato
11-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Said it before and will say it again...Oher should have been the first tackle taken in the draft last year. I know I'm not the only one on here who believed that, he truly was over analyzed.

+1

I don't know why people underrate the guys from Ole Miss.

Then again, Snead got overrated for a while. This includes by me.

Why can't D'Brickashaw Ferguson be considered a top tackle? The guy has to have a garbage publicist. It's crazy how underrated he is, even by the fans of the team he plays for. Clady is not far ahead of anyone, if he's ahead at all.

Franklin? What about Seymour or Haynesworth?

Brett Favre is coming back from...? Offseason surgery? Does this make pretty much half the league eligible?

gsorace
11-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Why can't D'Brickashaw Ferguson be considered a top tackle? The guy has to have a garbage publicist. It's crazy how underrated he is, even by the fans of the team he plays for.

He's as good a pass blocker as anybody in the league but he cannot run block for ****.

SenorGato
11-14-2009, 10:30 AM
He's as good a pass blocker as anybody in the league but he cannot run block for ****.

That's what I'm talking about...it's like he can't get away from his '05/'06 scouting reports.

This is a guy who was considered elite enough to go top 5 in '05 as a junior if he came out, and who hit the truly elite LT level as a senior.

Now he can't shake the run blocking thing...The Jets run the ball...Ferguson is our best downfield blocking OL by a good margin.

LonghornsLegend
11-14-2009, 10:42 AM
This was the most recent bit of news I read about Ferguson:

The Jets were the NFL's least effective team running off left tackle in 2008.
While Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson isn't exactly built to be a road grater, he clearly has lots of room for improvement in the run game. D'Brick is effective in pass pro, but hasn't lived up to his fourth overall pick billing from 2006.
Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

I haven't seen if he's improved or not this year, but I'm guessing that aspect is why he isn't considered elite yet.

HawkeyeFan
11-14-2009, 11:58 AM
If only we had a passing game... These two would be on there:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1023/nfl_g_jackson11_576.jpg

gsorace
11-14-2009, 02:12 PM
That's what I'm talking about...it's like he can't get away from his '05/'06 scouting reports.

Probably because he's still not good at run blocking, he's gotten better but still the worst run blocker on the Jets line.

Brent
11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
To be fair, your left testicle has been in football for 34 years as a coach and analyst.
Any time I see a Peter King quote or thread on here, I think of how they make fun of his article on that one site, which I dont believe I can link to.

CC.SD
11-14-2009, 03:52 PM
We're pretty much set at tackle. The only olineman I could see us picking up would be center with Nick's injury and Mooch's performance so far.

No way dude, Clary is still a scrub. Just because he's had a decent set of games pass blocking does not negate the fact that he is a zero in the running game, and still leaves a lot to be desired blocking speed rushers. He's alright for now, but with a 92 million dollar quarterback OT is not the position we should be skimping on.

Gotta give McNeill, Dielman, and Hardwick a chance to get back to their pro bowl form, Vasquez is a rook, and the O-line desperately needs to be addressed; Clary is the odd man out.

Xenos
11-14-2009, 04:27 PM
No way dude, Clary is still a scrub. Just because he's had a decent set of games pass blocking does not negate the fact that he is a zero in the running game, and still leaves a lot to be desired blocking speed rushers. He's alright for now, but with a 92 million dollar quarterback OT is not the position we should be skimping on.

Gotta give McNeill, Dielman, and Hardwick a chance to get back to their pro bowl form, Vasquez is a rook, and the O-line desperately needs to be addressed; Clary is the odd man out.
I think your hatred is showing through and causing you to ignore a pretty good olineman for our team. A guy who has been more consistent than Dielman this year. And he's done a pretty good job of handling the Ravens', the Dolphins', Steelers', Chief's, and the Giants' pass rush. Even the games he supposedly struggled in, he did a good job of handling the pass rush like in the Denver's and Raider's game until late in the game. If you read pacstud's analysis, you would see that tackle would be a luxury pick.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2373072738&gid=122650323586

The fact that we've also done a better job of running on the right side this year according to footballsoutsider is also interesting don't you think? The main problem in the run game is not only the olinemen, but also that we don't have good run blocking TEs and WRs. Vincent Jackson used to be very
consistent at blocking, and now he's not. Gates is pretty below average in that regard as well.

Likewise, I see us getting another center because of Nick's injuries, and because most of the pass protection breakdown is up the middle. Clary has certainly done a much better job this year and is a nice bookend to McNeill.

I certainly don't see where all the hate is coming from with Charger fans. He was better than McNeill in 2007, and had a down year last year due to an injury and being next to Goff. Not to mention that he was left on an island by himself most of the time, while the TE helped out McNeill. Now that Clary is healthy and has a more competent guard next to him, he's doing much better. Heck, he did well in the Ravens game even with a guy who never played guard before.

CC.SD
11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
I think your hatred is showing through and causing you to ignore a pretty good olineman for our team. A guy who has been more consistent than Dielman this year. And he's done a pretty good job of handling the Ravens', the Dolphins', Steelers', Chief's, and the Giants' pass rush. Even the games he supposedly struggled in, he did a good job of handling the pass rush like in the Denver's and Raider's game until late in the game. If you read pacstud's analysis, you would see that tackle would be a luxury pick.

Believe it or not, I don't have an agenda, so this stuff about my hate showing through is a little melodramatic. I just want what's best for the bolts. Clary looks good sometimes but has consistently screwed up in the clutch, giving up key sacks and whatnot. Rivers needs to be protected, the running game needs an upgrade. Rivers is basically our entire team, so I don't really agree that upgrading his protection would be a luxury pick.

Any stat about running better to the right side this year has got to be a joke...what is it, 1.3 YPC vs. 1.4 on the right? :/ There's no push at all this year. A mauling RT could be a step on our way to having a complete offense.

Clary also only played in like the final 6 or 7 games of 07, where he did well until not even trying against the Colts. He was a turd in 08. He's been decent in 09 until late in games when he tends to screw up big time. Why so attached?

Xenos
11-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Believe it or not, I don't have an agenda, so this stuff about my hate showing through is a little melodramatic. I just want what's best for the bolts. Clary looks good sometimes but has consistently screwed up in the clutch, giving up key sacks and whatnot. Rivers needs to be protected, the running game needs an upgrade. Rivers is basically our entire team, so I don't really agree that upgrading his protection would be a luxury pick.

Any stat about running better to the right side this year has got to be a joke...what is it, 1.3 YPC vs. 1.4 on the right? :/ There's no push at all this year. A mauling RT could be a step on our way to having a complete offense.

Clary also only played in like the final 6 or 7 games of 07, where he did well until not even trying against the Colts. He was a turd in 08. He's been decent in 09 until late in games when he tends to screw up big time. Why so attached?
I don't remember him doing bad in the Colts playoff game at all. And he had a bad year in 2008, but half of his sacks were because of failed assignments by Goff and McNeill. And like I mentioned, he was injured last year, had Goff next to him, and was left on an island by himself unlike McNeill.

And the only games this season where Clary had problems late was the aforementioned Denver and Raiders game. Like I said before, he did a great job matching up in pass protection against Terrell Suggs, Jason Allen, Lamar Woodley, Justin Tuck, Mike Vrabel, and Tamba Halli.

And I'm no more attached to him than you are to Oher. If you watched the game carefully between the two in our matchup with the Ravens, you can see that Clary is the better pass blocker while Oher is the better run blocker. And since we're more of a passing team nowadays, I suppose it's better to have someone like him over Oher.

And I seriously think the issue isn't with Clary alone when it comes to the run blocking. The other skill players as well as olinemen have their share as well. Vasquez, for example, is still learning to run block compared to being in a pass first system at Texas Tech. I already mentioned the issues with our receivers and tight end with regards to run blocking.

redbills
11-14-2009, 07:16 PM
If Byrd isn't defensive rookie I don't know what I'd do but he should be even if he doesn't get another pick.

SenorGato
11-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Probably because he's still not good at run blocking, he's gotten better but still the worst run blocker on the Jets line.

That's not really saying much considering we're a top 5 rushing team. He's also the best at getting to the next level in the running game, even over Mangold.

TitanHope
11-14-2009, 11:45 PM
If Byrd isn't defensive rookie I don't know what I'd do but he should be even if he doesn't get another pick.

One thing I fear about tomorrow is a Byrderception. :(

A Perfect Score
11-15-2009, 01:26 AM

I said time and time again Oher would be the best OT from this class. That was way before the draft, and before the Ravens snagged him. The guy suffered badly, very badly, from overanalysis...hes a stud, and he Im glad to see he is being acknowledged as such.

ironman4579
11-15-2009, 01:56 AM
I'm not going to start a new thread for it, but this seems like as good a place as any. This is Len Pasquarelli's mid season All Pro team from ESPN.

Defense
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4642533

Offense
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4642238

smittyjs
11-15-2009, 02:03 AM

In true Bills fashion, we're starting Bryan Scott at linebacker now.The former Falcons safety?? Ill keep that in mind this week

RaiderNation
11-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Glad to see Nnamdi getting love

TitanHope
11-15-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm not going to start a new thread for it, but this seems like as good a place as any. This is Len Pasquarelli's mid season All Pro team from ESPN.

Defense
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4642533

Offense
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4642238

I didn't know Otah was playing that well. I guess they're limiting it to a true LT and a true RT, instead of the two best OT's in the NFL which would be two LT's. With that being the case, I'm bummed David Stewart isn't getting any RT lovin'. Titans are averaging 4.43 ALY off Right Tackle (9th best in NFL), and 5.16 ALY off right end (6th best in NFL). The other parts of the Titans OL don't even break 25th in the NFL. Dude's a mauler, and was 2nd Team All-Pro OT last year as a RT. Hopefully he's the second option. :D

Here are the OT stats from Outsiders, in case some of ya'll like this kind've stuff like I do. Wish I could find where pancakes and stuff are listed.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

gsorace
11-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Defense

Offense

Looks like they picked their corners by number of INTs

SenorGato
11-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Kevin Williams is such a beast. I love those true DT's that can shift over to end OR nose like Hayensworth, Henderson, Stroud, and Williams.

Shiver
11-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey, look its Jonathan Babineaux. He is a Rod Coleman clone.

redbills
11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Byrd another pick today. 8 now he better win something.

DeepThreat
11-15-2009, 03:13 PM
The people who put Clady way ahead of JT are the one's who don't consistently watch the latter.

P-L
11-15-2009, 04:22 PM
How many people consistently watch a team other than their own?

DHVF
11-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I consistently watch the Packers...though I'm forced to living in se minnesota.

P-L
11-15-2009, 04:52 PM
I consistently watch the Packers...though I'm forced to living in se minnesota.
Obviously, there are exceptions. Here we get lots of Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers games. However, those are high ratings teams. I would be surprised if anyone outside of Ohio consistently gets Browns games on television.

Brent
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM

I live in Texas, and all my friends are Cowboys fans. So, I watch every single Cowboys game. I used to watch all the Texans' games as well, when I was going to SHSU/A&M.

MetSox17
11-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I get all the Texans games so if they're not playing while the Cowboys are on, i'll watch them.

Brent
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM
I was a fan of David Carr, when he was at Fresno, so I wanted him to do well and watched the Texans games. Sadly, he had a JV squad blocking for him.

P-L
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Ok, everyone is missing the point. I worded it wrong. I should have said "How many people consistently watch multiple other teams?"

Brent
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Ok, everyone is missing the point. I worded it wrong. I should have said "How many people consistently watch multiple other teams?"
I watch the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks and Arizona, rather consistently because we have NFL Sunday Ticket.

gsorace
11-15-2009, 05:18 PM
The people who put Clady way ahead of JT are the one's who don't consistently watch the latter.

Can you blame people for not wanting to watch the Browns?

P-L
11-15-2009, 05:34 PM
I watch the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks and Arizona, rather consistently because we have NFL Sunday Ticket.
Alright, we have one. Who else?

(Notice no mention of the Browns in the above post)

DeepThreat
11-15-2009, 06:23 PM
So you shouldn't be saying Clady is better than him if you don't watch both.

Brent
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM

I had no comment on JT vs Clady, just responding to your earlier post.

I hate ranking players.

Job
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I live in Canada. I therefore watch whatever game is on, which usually includes one of the following : Giants, Cowboys, Eagles.

Pretty sad when my favorite teams are the Colts, Bengals and Ravens, as they never are broadcasted here.

MetSox17
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Why do you ask? The only people that really get to watch a lot of different teams are the ones that have NFL Sunday Ticket, like Brent does, otherwise you're stuck watching whatever is being aired. Since i live in Texas, i'm always gonna get the Dallas/Houston games.

With that said, i watch every NFL game that is aired on my TV.

EvilNixon
11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Raiders,Lions,and Panthers.

FlyingElvis
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM

I consistently watch the Patriots, Vikings, Rams, Packers, Jags & Eagles.

No Browns, though. My masochism extends only to the Rams b/c I have Steven Jackson in a couple of leagues and love watching the guy beast out weekly.

Your point isn't missed, but there are definitely people who can and do watch multiple teams consistently. I record one so I can channel swap between 2 other games and have not miss any of the recorded one b/c you can pause one and swap to the recorded game. All made possible because:

1. NFL Ticket is the shizzzznit.

2. The next best thing to a significant other who loves football is one who works a double shift on Sundays. :)

iBoldin
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Being in Canada, on the West Coast, I'm subjected to watching the Seahawks, Cardinals, Broncos, 49ers and Green Bay with quite a lot of consistency. Obviously omiting the big market teams I also watch every other week. I'd say I've watched all but 2 New England games, a few Dallas games, a few New York, maybe a few Philly/Pittsburgh. That's about it though.

Gay Ork Wang
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Why do you ask? The only people that really get to watch a lot of different teams are the ones that have NFL Sunday Ticket, like Brent does, otherwise you're stuck watching whatever is being aired. Since i live in Texas, i'm always gonna get the Dallas/Houston games.

With that said, i watch every NFL game that is aired on my TV.
there are a lot more options. im in germany and can basically see every game if i want.

CC.SD
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
there are a lot more options. im in germany and can basically see every game if i want.

Any sex game you want.

TitleTown088
11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Of course favre is on the list. "He has so much fun out there. He's just like a kid."

If I hear that one more dang time I'm gonna spontaneously combust. ( not syaing he hasn't played well)

Edit: I just saw this:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/566/dafsdafsadfsadf.jpg

take me now.