PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Cowboys-Week 10

drowe
11-13-2009, 11:09 AM
meh. Probably the least excited I've been for a Packer game this year.

If we win, I feel like it'll just give me false hope for the rest of the season.

But, it'll be interesting. TJ Lang at RT seems like a good idea. I've been way homerish about the o-line this year. every week its a different lineup and I always convince myself that THIS is the lineup that's gonna turn it around. But, really...6 sacks to the Bucs. Rodgers should just charge Demarcus Ware rent for the amount of time he's gonna spend on top of him.

Ah well. win and we have 2 winnable games after it. then a brutal december.

Lose, and it's time to start thinking about the offseason.

Could be worse, we could be bears fans. wow, do they ever suck.

Whistler6
11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I'll be at this game on the 50 yard line about 20 rows up...Sitting at home and watching a loss is hard enough on me, so I am praying they come out and take it to the 'Boys

TitleTown088
11-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Brad Jones starting in place of Kampman too. I'm pretty excited to see him play.

Favre4ever
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
If we can't get to Romo, this game won't be pretty vs a strong and balanced Dallas squad.

thule
11-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Ware is going to be double and tripple teamed I would assume...the guy the packers want to worry about is Jay Ratliff. He abused the interior of the philly OL...and will likely do the same in GB. Ratliff has been our defensive MVP this year...Ware will probably get one sack and maybe another one in mop up duty...but this is a pretty classic setup game for the cowboys...the thing about the cowboys this year is that they have the offensive firepower to drive on teams and wear them down. Thing about the packers is that they can do the same. I wouldn't say I'm scared about this game...but definately not confident that we are going to run you guys over in your own den. This game will likely be closer than the score board indicates.

34 - 20

TitleTown088
11-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Ware is going to be double and tripple teamed I would assume...the guy the packers want to worry about is Jay Ratliff. He abused the interior of the philly OL...and will likely do the same in GB. Ratliff has been our defensive MVP this year...Ware will probably get one sack and maybe another one in mop up duty...but this is a pretty classic setup game for the cowboys...the thing about the cowboys this year is that they have the offensive firepower to drive on teams and wear them down. Thing about the packers is that they can do the same. I wouldn't say I'm scared about this game...but definately not confident that we are going to run you guys over in your own den. This game will likely be closer than the score board indicates.

34 - 20

Ratliff destroyed the Packers last season too if I remember correctly... GB's interior line( aside from Wells) has actually been pretty solid, especially Sitton. Maybe they can contain him. I think it will be someone coming off the edges that does the Packers in however.

dpl85
11-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I'll be disappointed if we don't have at least 5 sacks.

Whistler6
11-13-2009, 09:44 PM
I'll be disappointed if we don't have at least 5 sacks.

Feeling strong my friend?

Can anyone tell me a single Packer that would be starting on a top 5 team in the NFL right now?

Yes there's Woodson, Rodgers, maybe Cullen Jenkins. That's about it. TT's big mistake was talent evaluation. I look at the roster and see a bunch of pro-bowl caliber players, but maybe not...Maybe they just aren't as good as we all thought.

Coaching can only play with what he has.

Mr.Regular
11-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Coaching is a huge issue. The team has talent. But there are glaring holes... obviously the offensive line is the big one.
With solid coaching, after a while these holes could potentially be masked... Maybe find the best OLine combo through practice... not with trial and error every different game. Like Lang at RT now? MM is just praying every week that the combo he puts out there is the right one.
And why not call different plays. A-Rod is holding on a long time, yes. But thats partly because we're having our biggest playmakers running deep routes a lot. We don't have protection to run these plays a lot. Run more 2007 like plays. Short routes, slants, let our guys get some YAC.
We should also be leaving in backs and TE's way more to help out, like what we did at the end of the first Minny game. But often, we don't... it's puzzling.

Whistler6
11-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Coaching is a huge issue. The team has talent. But there are glaring holes... obviously the offensive line is the big one.
With solid coaching, after a while these holes could potentially be masked... Maybe find the best OLine combo through practice... not with trial and error every different game. Like Lang at RT now? MM is just praying every week that the combo he puts out there is the right one.
And why not call different plays. A-Rod is holding on a long time, yes. But thats partly because we're having our biggest playmakers running deep routes a lot. We don't have protection to run these plays a lot. Run more 2007 like plays. Short routes, slants, let our guys get some YAC.
We should also be leaving in backs and TE's way more to help out, like what we did at the end of the first Minny game. But often, we don't... it's puzzling.

Good call. Playing pick a name out of a hat in order to set up the O-line each game isn't going to help the unit gel in any way. Maybe Lang was getting comfortable at LT, now swap him to RT up against a fearsome front in Dallas.

And yeah again, run more when it's working! If you are going to pass, USE THE SHORT PASSING GAME. Don't make every play a down the field pass.

They need to mask plays, see what not to do: empty backfield. I could go on and on, but I think I'm just repeating exactly what your saying.

Haha. Ahh what can we do but continue to cheer, hope, invest.

D-Unit
11-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I have two separate feelings on this game.

1. Could be a trap game. GB's offense is legit. I know the OL has it's share of problems but Rodgers has shown plenty enough to move the offense despite them. Your defense ain't too shabby either. Everything on paper, you guys look great. If the game is cold.... Dallas will have difficulty. If Dallas' loses, it will be close, but it's definitely possible, if not probable.

2. The other thought I have is that the Cowboys still don't have a statement game this year. No blow out win against a formidable opponent away from home. If the Cowboys demolish the Packers it could really boost their confidence and carry them through a tough December and finally gain respect for this year's team.

Whistler6
11-13-2009, 10:12 PM

1. Could be a trap game. GB's offense is legit. I know the OL has it's share of problems but Rodgers has shown plenty enough to move the offense despite them. Your defense ain't too shabby either. Everything on paper, you guys look great. If the game is cold.... Dallas will have difficulty. If Dallas' loses, it will be close, but it's definitely possible, if not probable.

2. The other thought I have is that the Cowboys still don't have a statement game this year. No blow out win against a formidable opponent away from home. If the Cowboys demolish the Packers it could really boost their confidence and carry them through a tough December and finally gain respect for this year's team.

Partly cloudy, 50, and a little wind. Weather won't be an issue.

The opposite of your 2. If Green Bay wins it could be confidence for them too..5-4 with San Fran and the Lions coming up could change the entire season around.

Mr.Regular
11-13-2009, 10:13 PM

#2 is much more likely. Our offense has bad playcalling and epically awful blocking. Thats a recipe for disaster. And our defense has barely any passrush. So while we may look good on paper, so far this season we've actually been pretty bad, mediocre at absolute best. I mean out of our four wins, three were against Cleveland, Detroit, and St. Louis. Possibly the three worst teams in the league.

D-Unit
11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
#2 is much more likely. Our offense has bad playcalling and epically awful blocking. Thats a recipe for disaster. And our defense has barely any passrush. So while we may look good on paper, so far this season we've actually been pretty bad. I mean out of our four wins, three were against Cleveland, Detroit, and St. Louis. Possibly the three worst teams in the league.
You'd be surprised how the stars can align sometimes. Our coaching ain't so hot either.

Mr.Regular
11-13-2009, 10:18 PM
You'd be surprised how the stars can align sometimes. Our coaching ain't so hot either.
Yeah, true. I'm just very pessimistic about this team. Team is kind of what some people predicted the Boys were going to be this year... not much leadership, awful coaching, good on paper but fall apart on Sundays.
And it's been like that for two straight years.

PackerLegend
11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Were going to lose just like weve lost to the Cowboys the last 2 years.

D-Unit
11-14-2009, 11:17 AM
News and views from Friday's practice

November 13, 2009, 12:00 PM

By: Calvin Watkins

IRVING, Texas -- Here are some news and views from Wade Phillips' news conference and the 20 minutes we were allowed to watch practice Friday:

Allen Rossum missed practice again with a right hamstring pull, no surprise there. However, Rossum said he did some running Wednesday and he's getting close.

Kevin Ogletree and Felix Jones are fielding kickoffs in practice. We believe Jones is still the No. 1 return man, but if his offensive load increases, Ogletree will take over some.

Free safety Ken Hamlin (groin) and center Andre Gurode (ankle) practiced for the second consecutive day, and coach Wade Phillips said if both worked out Friday, they should play Sunday at Green Bay.

The Cowboys are 1-5 all-time at Lambeau Field. The first win came last season, 27-16. Phillips has plenty of praise for the 4-4 Green Bay Packers.

"I think it's a really important game for us," Phillips said. "If you can win one on the road, especially against Green Bay, which has a lot of great tradition and a lot of great football players, plus their offense is really one of the top offenses and they have one of the top defenses, it will be a real challenge for us."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/columns/cowboys/blog/_/post/4651920

Packystan
11-14-2009, 01:00 PM
McCarthy absolutely must establish the run this week for us to have any chance to win this game. If he falls in love with the pass again, and gives Ware and Ratliff 5 to 7 seconds like we did with Tampa last week, were going to get embarrassed, again. I don't ever remember a time where a teams offensive identity completely changed from what made it successful. Play action on 3rd and 5, when you've passed it on first and second down? Nobody's fooled Mike. Ryan Grant, quick slants, and quick hitches etc. should be at a premium in this game if we plan on being efficient on offense. Should, Mike.

I guess theres one more cup of Kool Aid left... sigh. Hope its worth drinking.

Packers 31
Cowboys 28

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I think they 1-5 all-time record at Lambeau can be thrown out the window. Green Bay has not protected their home field for quite some time. Lambeau used to be and automatic loss for opposing teams, now it's just an away game.

Either way, I think this will be a shoot out. Dallas is all around better than the Packers, so they will have to simply out play the Cowboys to win this one. I'm pessimisticly optimistic...Um.

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 01:02 PM
McCarthy absolutely must establish the run this week for us to have any chance to win this game. If he falls in love with the pass again, and gives Ware and Ratliff 5 to 7 seconds like we did with Tampa last week, were going to get embarrassed again. I don't ever remember a time where a teams offensive identity completely changed from what made it successful. Play action on 3rd and 5, when you've passed it on first and second down? Nobody's fooled Mike. Ryan Grant, quick slants, and quick hitches etc. should be at a premium in this game if we plan on being efficient on offense. Should, Mike.

I guess theres one more cup of Kool Aid left... sigh. Hope its worth drinking.

Packers 31
Cowboys 28

I'll drink that Kool Aid until they are officially eliminated from playoff contention. It's almost sad how much Packer games affect my entire upcoming week.

dpl85
11-14-2009, 01:20 PM
The only way I can really see us losing this game is if playing in his heroes old stomping grounds inspires Romo to throw 4 INTs in honor of the career leader in INTs.

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
The only way I can really see us losing this game is if playing in his heroes old stomping grounds inspires Romo to throw 4 INTs in honor of the career leader in INTs.

He publicly stated Favre wasn't even a childhood idol of his nor was he a Packer fan...That said, if Romo wants to honor the corpse of Brett Favre with a couple INT's I'll gladly salute the Burlington alum.

dpl85
11-14-2009, 01:24 PM
He publicly stated Favre wasn't even a childhood idol of his nor was he a Packer fan...That said, if he wants to honor the corpse of Brett Favre with a couple INT's I am all for it.
Do you have a link that states that because I've always heard he was a mark for Favre.

TitleTown088
11-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Do you have a link that states that because I've always heard he was a mark for Favre.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ive heard him say that as well.

Packystan
11-14-2009, 01:47 PM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/29337284.html

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 02:20 PM

Packystan's got it for you. For any fan of football to grow up in the 90's and not be a fan of Brett Favre completely baffles me. There was nothing not to like about the guy back then.

Beating addiction, always having "fun, the big arm, goofy celebrations, small town guy, trademark smile, etc. The list is endless.

dpl85
11-14-2009, 02:24 PM
I think he just said that to deflect media attention before we played GB in 07 which coincidentally is still the biggest game Romo and these Cowboys have won. How could a boy grow up in Wisconsin and not be a Packers and Favre fan? I remember Tony doing an impression of Favre the first game he ever started on NBC.

Packystan
11-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Packystan's got it for you. For any fan of football to grow up in the 90's and not be a fan of Brett Favre completely baffles me. There was nothing not to like about the guy back then.

Beating addiction, always having "fun, the big arm, goofy celebrations, small town guy, trademark smile, etc. The list is endless.

It really is. His iron man status, paired with him going through so much adversity made it almost impossible not to like the guy. He was easily the guy most would've wanted as their quarterback in the mid to late 90's. Romo kinda resembles the young Favre with his scrambling ability and creating something out of nothing. I'm really hoping we get home on our pressures tomorrow. Matthews and Jones are in for a good test with Dallas' huge o-line.

M.O.T.H.
11-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Romo wasnt Favre's biggest fan. In fact, basketball was his first love growing up.

Packystan
11-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Romo wasnt Favre's biggest fan. In fact, basketball was his first love growing up.

This is true. Guys a great athlete.

dpl85
11-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I think Tony is full of crap if he want me to believe he wasn't marking out for Favre every Sunday growing up.

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 02:48 PM

The article posted on the previous page states just that, he wasn't a Favre fan.

M.O.T.H.
11-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I believe him, football is also like the last sport he ever tried. He was going to play soccer in high school I heard but, they couldnt get a team together so he played football. Tony has a crazy story behind him....and he was apparently amazing at any sport he ever played. Golden boy. haha.

TitleTown088
11-14-2009, 02:59 PM
he was apparently amazing at any sport he ever played. Golden boy. haha.

What went wrong with football then? ;)

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
What went wrong with football then? ;)

He started wearing his hat backwards and dating Jessica Simpson...That would derail any player. Okay not really, but the guy has got some big ears. That's about the best knock I have on Romo. He's erratic, but a solid QB who I think will keep getting better.

M.O.T.H.
11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey, that is Walter Payton Award winner, Tony Romo, you're talking about there.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/football/college/1aa/romo_awards.jpg

TitleTown088
11-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey, that is Walter Payton Award winner, Tony Romo, you're talking about there.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/football/college/1aa/romo_awards.jpg
Ha. I see you're a Gamecock fan.. How good is this Eric Norwood cat? I haven't gotten to see him play to much aside from today.

M.O.T.H.
11-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Damn near exceptional. He can do everything and anything. He plays outside, inside, with his hand down. He is everything you look for in a 34 OLB prospect. The guy is relentless, non stop motor, all heart. Sounds cliched but he is that good, he doesnt have many flaws. Some say he isnt an amazing athlete but, I do think he'll shine at the combine. He should really stand out in the LB drills. I've also heard some say he's not explosive, which is a fallacy. He is a fine athlete who is actually very good in coverage as well. He's always around the ball. He could certainly work on sealing off the edge better in the run game. But that is something that could def. be taught and applied at the next level. He's going to make some team very happy, he's a weapon.

A glowing endorsement. :)

TitleTown088
11-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Damn near exceptional. He can do everything and anything. He plays outside, inside, with his hand down. He is everything you look for in a 34 OLB prospect. The guy is relentless, non stop motor, all heart. Sounds cliched but he is that good, he doesnt have many flaws. Some say he isnt an amazing athlete but, I do think he'll shine at the combine. He should really stand out in the LB drills. I've also heard some say he's not explosive, which is a fallacy. He is a fine athlete who is actually very good in coverage as well. He's always around the ball. He could certainly work on sealing off the edge better in the run game. But that is something that could def. be taught and applied at the next level. He's going to make some team very happy, he's a weapon.

A glowing endorsement. :)

So I could go ahead and call him Epic Noorwood?

Whistler6
11-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Off to Lambeau...Let's go PACK!

cvv84
11-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Has anyone else ever wondered why McCarthy always chooses to take the ball when he wins the coin toss? We never do anything on our 1st possession on offense so why not take defense and get the ball after the half? Just saying...

cvv84
11-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Nice persuit by Nick Collins to get the sack. Brad Jones was right behind him too.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
McCarthy and Rodgers are doing better so far. But we have abandoned the run already, the line is struggling again and Crosby is a failure.

dpl85
11-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Is Crosby usually pretty accurate?

umphrey
11-15-2009, 03:35 PM
He does pretty well except for outside 40 yards or 4th quarter he has no chance. You know, the ones that matter.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Ah Mason, where has your rookie form gone too?

cvv84
11-15-2009, 03:39 PM
McCarthy and Rodgers are doing better so far. But we have abandoned the run already, the line is struggling again and Crosby is a failure.

Again, we're not calling plays that get the ball out early. You can't sit in the pocket for 5+ seconds and expect the protection to hold every time. I'm sooo sick of peope just looking at the stats and drawing the conculusion that the line is the entire problem...

umphrey
11-15-2009, 03:41 PM
I disagree. I liked the screen call even though it didn't work (this is why we need to draft a running back). We've been calling a lot of quick throws, even to a fault where we called a 3 step drop and a 7 yard pass play on 3rd and 16.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I disagree. I liked the screen call even though it didn't work (this is why we need to draft a running back). We've been calling a lot of quick throws, even to a fault where we called a 3 step drop and a 7 yard pass play on 3rd and 16.

Count the time from the snap to the throw, its 4+ seconds 75% of the time.

Yet another penalty as the crowd begins to boo. Clean this stuff up already McCarthy.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 03:50 PM
No offense but I disagree with your internal clock for this game.

I thought the first possession was full of irony. We did every thing we were supposed to do: run the ball for about 4 yards, Rodgers threw it away to avoid the sack, we used a quick pass. Problem was Rodgers toss was grounding for a big loss to erase the run and the quick pass was on third down and halfway to the marker.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 03:53 PM
No offense but I disagree with your internal clock for this game.

I thought the first possession was full of irony. We did every thing we were supposed to do: run the ball for about 4 yards, Rodgers threw it away to avoid the sack, we used a quick pass. Problem was Rodgers toss was grounding for a big loss to erase the run and the quick pass was on third down and halfway to the marker.

Its not an internal clock, its common sense via watching the game. You look at this offense this year compared to last season and its drastically different.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Playcalling so far is 13 passes 4 runs. Nice balance for a 0-0 game McCarthy.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow that ref looks like he's getting bored calling holding against us

M.O.T.H.
11-15-2009, 04:15 PM
You noticed that too? lol.

jackalope
11-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Huge fumble.

I lost a lot of respect for Trammon Williams, pointing the wrong way.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Hmmm I guess I have no clue what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

LonghornsLegend
11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow that ref looks like he's getting bored calling holding against us

Hahahahahhaha swear I said the same thing, he took a deep depressing sigh right before he made the call.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Crosby made one, I'll eat some crow on that. Offense has been way too sloppy though. Rodgers needs to throw the screen when it's there and throw the ball at his feet if he knows it's gonna be a loss.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I was planning on making a post about Trammon Williams and his inability to tackle and general laziness on special teams. Then he fell down and got stripped by a punter.

princefielder28
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
the punter causing a fumble? what a joke

jackalope
11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
No way that's a fumble.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
We NEED a score here. Let the defense rest and get up by 2 possessions. The D has keep us in the game so far despite the offensive woes and penalties.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Another play that didn't get the ball out quickly results in a sack and a holding penalty. 4th down and another wasted opportunity.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Those WR screens were good play calls. I noticed in the 2nd quarter on a 2nd and 9 Driver had 6-8 yards of space in front of him with Jones on the same side and no one close to him either. I was wondering if McCarthy or Rodgers was the one failing to notice this.

M.O.T.H.
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
down goes Hamlin.

Colombo, Jenkins, Hamlin all out.

princefielder28
11-15-2009, 05:42 PM
McCarthy is an idiot, stupid challenge!

umphrey
11-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Havner FTW!!!

cvv84
11-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I hate you Jarrett Bush. I ******* hate you.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Woodson is a stud, DAAAYAM! 8 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, and 2 FFs

Hawk
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Woodson!!!!!

cvv84
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I'll be at this game on the 50 yard line about 20 rows up...Sitting at home and watching a loss is hard enough on me, so I am praying they come out and take it to the 'Boys

Its official, we need to get you to every single Packers game for the rest of the season.

D-Unit
11-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey congratulations guys. You guys deserved this win. Well planned, well executed and well coached. Today, you were as good on the field as you are on paper.

Dallas continues to be a team that struggles in the cold.

Favre4ever
11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
For the 1st time of the season, we played the 3-4 defense the way its supposed to be played. Nothing against Kampman but hes not athletic enough for this.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Phenomenal game to watch. It doesn't change my opinion of Mike McCarthy though. He should give his game check to Dom Capers. And every check he gets after this year.

TitleTown088
11-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey congratulations guys. You guys deserved this win. Well planned, well executed and well coached. Today, you were as good on the field as you are on paper.

Thanks man. Classy.

That's how you play football. Plain and simple. Team played well.

dpl85
11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I was really impressed with Clay Mathews. He is a stud.

jackalope
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Awesome game. We're right back in playoff contention now. Our defense is so much better when actually blitz.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
For the 1st time of the season, we played the 3-4 defense the way its supposed to be played. Nothing against Kampman but hes not athletic enough for this.

Agreed. I remember taking alot of flack when I said before the season that Kampman was going to be a liability in the 3-4 defense. Brad Jones played descent but having another guy that has played in a simular defense before across from Matthews really helps disguise our pass rush.

Hawk and Barnett played pretty damn well too. Hawk finally blew up a few blockers which freed Barnett up to get to Romo. Defensive line was outstanding, Jolly, Pickett, Jenkins, and Raji were dominant.

Downside was the penalties and Rodgers again taking some sacks that he didn't have to take. The playcalling was a little better though but I'd still like to see more slants and more passes thrown Jennings way. I hate how we paid him top 5 WR money and he's not getting the ball and producing for us.

Crosby needs to be pushed next season. I know its tough to make 50+ yard FGs but every times he lines up for a FG its 50/50 if he makes it in my mind.

Trammon Williams should not be returning kicks and punts. He just doesn't have the field awareness to know when to let a punt go and he's dancing way too much. Hopefully Jordy can take over those roles soon.

I'd like to see tighter coverage in the secondary too. With playing more zone coverage the middle of the field is wide open. I'd like to see a little more of Brandon Underwood, possibly at safety in place of Bigby.

All in all though this is whats frustrating about this team. They are capable of playing at a high level but don't do it on a consistant basis. Big win today to keep the heat off the seat of McCarthy.

PackerLegend
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
WTF we won, championship :D? Wish we were 6-3 though.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Are we gonna bench Kampman for Brad Jones? I hope so. Harris should join him. I have no idea what to think of Bigby this year. Collins, Woodson, Raji, Pickett, Jenkins, Matthews, Jolly, these are the players that I have lots of confidence in. Barnett and Hawk played well today. Kampman and Harris are the two weak spots in the D, maybe Bigby. I want to ride the Brad Jones experiment and see where it takes us.

LonghornsLegend
11-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Great game guys, I expected a great effort after losing to TB and we saw it. The defense came to play and didn't give up much all game, if Rodgers actually had decent time to throw on most of those plays you would be a dangerous team every week.

Congrats. Had a feeling we would be too excited after beating Philly and I didn't expect us to have that killers instinct quite yet.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Good game Dallas and fans. I agree that we played well today but unfortunately I agree that until we get an O Line we won't be a team that can be relied on to show up every week.

This might be a turning point (a good one) for the defense though. We are much more solid on that side of the ball. I loved watching the intensity the DL + blitzers played with today, and of course Woodson.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Are we gonna bench Kampman for Brad Jones? I hope so. Harris should join him. I have no idea what to think of Bigby this year. Collins, Woodson, Raji, Pickett, Jenkins, Matthews, Jolly, these are the players that I have lots of confidence in. Barnett and Hawk played well today. Kampman and Harris are the two weak spots in the D, maybe Bigby. I want to ride the Brad Jones experiment and see where it takes us.

I can't see them benching Kampman but I think they do need to find a way to get the players that fit the scheme on the field more. Bigby has disapointed me too which is why I'd like to see if we have someone else who could potentially give us more consistancy back there. Its going to be an ugly offseason thats for sure.

D-Unit
11-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Will you guys keep both Picket and Jolly?

tjsunstein
11-15-2009, 08:58 PM

I hope we go with Jolly if his legal situation works out.

Just like to point out that Havner also had 4 solo tackles to pair with his touchdown reception. Gotta love the guy.

cvv84
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM

Pickett depends on price and Jolly depends on his legall situation. Pickett is a guy I could see getting the franchise tag. He's been playing very and Jolly has had his moments as well. Depending on the CBA though Jolly could be a restricted free agent. Raji is starting to emerge from his preseason injury and has shown he's capable of playing DE so either way I think we're in good shape no matter who we keep. I'd like to keep both but I'd prefer Jolly if I had to pick one.

Favre4ever
11-15-2009, 09:22 PM

The thing is that its not that Jones had a phenomenal game, (he was good but it also helped that Colombo went down) but its more that the defense looked more athletic than ever. Capers didnt have to worry about Kampman dropping in coverage and protecting him. It made our defense so much more unpredictable with Jones back there who can do everything a 3-4 OLB is supposed to do.

I want to also add that Matthews is turning into something special. He went against one of the best Tackle in the game in Flozell Adams and pretty much had his way with him.

D-Unit
11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
The thing is that its not that Jones had a phenomenal game, (he was good but it also helped that Colombo went down) but its more that the defense looked more athletic than ever. Capers didnt have to worry about Kampman dropping in coverage and protecting him. It made our defense so much more unpredictable with Jones back there who can do everything a 3-4 OLB is supposed to do.

I want to also add that Matthews is turning into something special. He went against one of the best Tackle in the game in Flozell Adams and pretty much had his way with him.
One of the best Tackles in the game? High praise.

TitleTown088
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Pickett depends on price and Jolly depends on his legall situation. Pickett is a guy I could see getting the franchise tag. He's been playing very and Jolly has had his moments as well. Depending on the CBA though Jolly could be a restricted free agent. Raji is starting to emerge from his preseason injury and has shown he's capable of playing DE so either way I think we're in good shape no matter who we keep. I'd like to keep both but I'd prefer Jolly if I had to pick one. I think Kampman is gonna get that tag and be dealt.

I really hope Pickett gets extended, but with Raji he may walk. It's hard to tell with the whole CBA thing going on though... Players aren't going to be extended until that is solved.

PackerLegend
11-15-2009, 10:07 PM

Bibgy hasn't had the knockout hits and big plays but I don't see what hes done wrong? Sometimes its good to go unnoticed back there it means you aren't getting burned. The guy also missed a few weeks at the start of the season. You guys want our backups Jarret Bush or Derrick Martin playing hahahaha. Harris has done just fine for playing out of his norm, again whose better who we have, nobody. Kampman's not an OLB but I the coaches aren't going to bench him.

O and dumb*** Derrick Martin almost hurt Woodson on the opening kickoff by taking out his legs. Guy didn't even looked like he cared. That would have been reall nice.

umphrey
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
My whole point was I don't know about Bigby. He hasn't shown up on highlights or lowlights. I've seen Harris get burned a bunch of times including today but his poor play was mostly masked by drops, a pass rush or other players like Collins.

Whistler6
11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Mike McCarthy was given the game ball...He needs to walk over to Charles Woodson and the defense, hand him the ball, and say thank you. Dallas has a dynamic offense, and Green Bay embarassed them tonight.

Best play of the game, with about 2 minutes left a Cowboy fan in front of me chucked a beer bottle into the endzone. 6 security guards came and took him out as the entire section around us applauded.

Lambeau was electric for the entire game, especially the sidelines. All around awesome win.

D-Unit
11-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Mike McCarthy was given the game ball...He needs to walk over to Charles Woodson and the defense, hand him the ball, and say thank you. Dallas has a dynamic offense, and Green Bay embarassed them tonight.

Best play of the game, with about 2 minutes left a Cowboy fan in front of me chucked a beer bottle into the endzone. 6 security guards came and took him out as the entire section around us applauded.

Lambeau was electric for the entire game, especially the sidelines. All around awesome win.
As painful as that is to hear... and I wanna jump to defense more than you know... but it's true. This was the lowest amount of points we've scored all season. We have the workhorses to put up more points than that and I blame it on Jason Garrett for not knowing how to put them in better position to succeed.

Whistler6
11-16-2009, 08:42 AM
As painful as that is to hear... and I wanna jump to defense more than you know... but it's true. This was the lowest amount of points we've scored all season. We have the workhorses to put up more points than that and I blame it on Jason Garrett for not knowing how to put them in better position to succeed.

It was a weird game. Green Bay completely dominated time of possession and somehow kept Romo off the field. I think Dallas missed about 9-10 3rd down conversions, so their drives were short.

Still at 6-3, after 4 straight wins, I don't think Dallas fans can be too bummed. It was a hiccup. Losing to Green Bay in Green Bay is NOWHERE as near as bad as giving ...Tampa Bay... their 1st win of the season.

drowe
11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Weird game. that's the only way to describe it. I say weird because everything just went the Packers way. And that's weird to see.

But, it was also a situation where everyone who needed to step up stepped up.

-Much improvement for the 0-line. yeah, they gave up some sacks. But, I didn't get the feeling they were being dominated the whole game like most other weeks. there were times where Rodgers had time to look around and go through progressions. This is evidenced by the ten (10) people who caught passes.

-Welcome Rookies!!!!!!! Clay Matthews continued to impress, TJ Lang looked at home at RT, Brad Jones played solid...we even had a couple BJ Raji sightings. great to see.

-The defense as a whole was very impressive. Great pressure on the QB, shut down the running game pretty well and made some great plays. Best performance of the year.

-Having Jordy Nelson back was huge. the offense just seems more dynamic when he's a part of it.

umphrey
11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
My whole point was I don't know about Bigby. He hasn't shown up on highlights or lowlights. I've seen Harris get burned a bunch of times including today but his poor play was mostly masked by drops, a pass rush or other players like Collins.

It just hit me why Bigby has been so invisible. I don't know how I missed it for so long. Correct me if I'm wrong but we've been playing Williams and Harris at the corners and Woodson has been following around the TEs (Witten and Winslow) doing what usually is a safeties job. Bigby has been on the bench a lot and Woodson has been playing sort of but not really the job of a safety.

LonghornsLegend
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I wish I could of seen my boy Finley out there :( hopefully he's back soon, I love the strides he's made this year and he looks like he's added some mass to his frame which could be scary.

TitleTown088
11-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I wish I could of seen my boy Finley out there :( hopefully he's back soon, I love the strides he's made this year and he looks like he's added some mass to his frame which could be scary.
He's playing this week vs San fran.