PDA

View Full Version : Joe Haden

bigbuc
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I haven't seen a lot of the guy but what I have seen the kid looks great. Plays the ball in the air beautifully, always looks under control and can tackle. I know he plays for the number 1 D in collage football. But to me, he looks the best player on that D and that has to say something. He's just joe cool when he's on the field. Its crazy to think that there has not been a top ten CB in the last four drafts. I think with the pass rules in the NFL now a days, you need guys like this. Having good Cb's that can run in man to man just opens up all those blitz packages.

CC.SD
11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I haven't seen a lot of the guy but what I have seen the kid looks great. Plays the ball in the air beautifully, always looks under control and can tackle. I know he plays for the number 1 D in collage football. But to me, he looks the best player on that D and that has to say something. He's just joe cool when he's on the field. Its crazy to think that there has not been a top ten CB in the last four drafts. I think with the pass rules in the NFL now a days, you need guys like this. Having good Cb's that can run in man to man just opens up all those blitz packages.

I like Haden a lot, definitely had not realized we had gone 4 straight years without a top 10 CB. It's been close a couple times thanks to Buffalo, NO, etc. That could get broken this year with Haden. If Tye Hill can go #9...

BUC backer
11-16-2009, 08:37 PM
I like Haden a lot, definitely had not realized we had gone 4 straight years without a top 10 CB. It's been close a couple times thanks to Buffalo, NO, etc. That could get broken this year with Haden. If Tye Hill can go #9...

I believe that Tye went later like 15. The Rams traded back with Denver who then got Cutler.

hagy34
11-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I'd love Haden in purple....

wordofi
11-17-2009, 12:16 AM

I'd have to agree. I also liked the analysis during their last game when the color commentator said that Haden plays very relaxed.

Flyboy
11-17-2009, 12:31 AM

Damn, has it really been that long? Didn't even realize it.

P-L
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
I thought Haden was overrated coming into the year, but I've come around to him lately. He's been playing really well.

Ravens1991
11-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I got a question, Greg Mattison the ravens DC was the DC at FL when Haden was there. He recruited Haden to Baltimore, CB is obviously a big need do you think the Ravens will show a lot of interest to him and possibly trade up for him? My friend thinks I am overrating the fact that mattison recruited him

dex
11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I thought Haden was overrated coming into the year, but I've come around to him lately. He's been playing really well.

As a Gator fan i also believe he was over-rated last year and much of the start of this year. He would get burned alot, he tried to fool the QBs too much and flip his hips too early or too late.

But as the season has gone by he really has improved. At the start of the year i never thought he was worth a 1st round pick, but if he keeps playing like he is he could be. But as a lions fan i wouldn't want him that high. Wouldn't mind him in the 2nd round if he fell that far.

I still do like Pat Peterson and J. Jenkins more though. I really do hope the Lions grab one of them in 2011.

Cigaro
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I got a question, Greg Mattison the ravens DC was the DC at FL when Haden was there. He recruited Haden to Baltimore, CB is obviously a big need do you think the Ravens will show a lot of interest to him and possibly trade up for him? My friend thinks I am overrating the fact that mattison recruited him

? I can't make sense of any of your post, but maybe it's just me. Charlie Strong has been the DC at UF since long before Haden go there.

But yeah, I thought he was also overrated, but he's won me over this year.