PDA

View Full Version : Redskins @ Cowboys

D-Unit
11-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Thought I'd make this thread to brighten the mood for this week.

Any doubts???

Macarthur
11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Worried, but I think we win.

D-Unit
11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
A "real" Trap Game?

Brothgar
11-16-2009, 06:40 PM
http://static.velvetcache.org/pages/2007/5/25/its-a-trap/tarp-30198.jpg

DiG
11-16-2009, 06:51 PM
http://static.velvetcache.org/pages/2007/5/25/its-a-trap/tarp-30198.jpg

lol. my prediction:

cowboys: 23
redskins: 17

romo 18-31 230 yards 2 tds, 1 int
barber 65 yards
roy williams 5 for 60 1 td
witten 4 45 1 td

campbell 15-26 175 yards 1 td 1 int
betts 80 yards 1 td
moss 3 catches 60 yards
devin thomas 2 for 35 1 td

stone cold lock: rakpo 2 sacks.

Modano
11-17-2009, 02:25 AM
I still think last game was our trap game.

herniateddisc
11-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Cowboys 63
Redskins 3

Roy makes 15 Catches for 343 Yards and establishes himself as a real #1.
Bradie James has a career day with 6 sacks, 2 INT and 9TFL.
Romo throws for 623 yards and 7 TDs with no turnovers.
Hurd contributes with 230 yards and 2 TDs.
Austin is benched fb/c he doesn't catch everything in his vicinity.
MBIII buys a Power-Scooter to move faster.
Wade brings back Stewart as D Coordinator.
Jerry names Garrett the future HC of Dallas.
Wade moves to All Powerful GM.
Dan Snyder kisses Jerry World turf and Jerry.

Banner day.

leroyisgod
11-17-2009, 08:34 AM
I agree that the trap game was last week. I believe we win 27-16. Score is a lot more lopsided than it looks.

I cannot stress this enough, we NEED to get the running game going again. If we don't get some consistency there, it will make it a lot tougher during the December stretch run.

bigbluedefense
11-17-2009, 10:11 AM
For some reason, the Skins always play the Cowboys close. They usually split the series.

I doubt they win this one though, since you guys came off a trap game already. 2 trap games in a row doesn't happen often.

I could see them winning the game in December though to split the series. They always play the Cowboys tough, even when they suck.

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
The game in Washington scares me more than this one. This is like a Bye week. :D

E-Man
11-17-2009, 12:27 PM
There is no excuse if the Cowboys lose this game. Green Bay was against a decent team in an environment that has only brought one win, so losing that wasn't a big disgrace outside of the bad play. The Redskins however should be a beat down. That team isn't doing so well, your team is superior to them in nearly every way, and they are in such disarray. I know it's an NFC East game, but this shouldn't be close.

diesel
11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Cowboys 63
Redskins 3

Banner day.

This actually made me laugh, good job.

shane_man
11-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Think we will win this game rather comfortably. Austin won't have more then 4 catches but something ridiculous like 150 yards. Hopefully the running game is looked after this week. Wouldn't mind if someone at Cowboys ranch listened to me and actually started Choice before using Felix and Marion where it makes sense to use them.

diesel
11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Alan Ball will be starting this week in place of Hamlin until he gets better. Hope he does good, still worried about Jenkins.

JJJ888
11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Think we will win this game rather comfortably. Austin won't have more then 4 catches but something ridiculous like 150 yards. Hopefully the running game is looked after this week. Wouldn't mind if someone at Cowboys ranch listened to me and actually started Choice before using Felix and Marion where it makes sense to use them.

Totally with you on giving Choice more carries, especially in the first half. To me, he's our most consistent runner, particularly when the defense is fresh, and that's what you need to establish a running game that defenses have to fear. Keep moving the chains with 4 yard gains and you'll see much less attention being paid to Austin and Witten.

leroyisgod
11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Portis is out this week. That's good news for us. He's had a few huge games against us in the recent past. Moss is the only one now that can give us fits.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 01:26 AM
The game in Washington scares me more than this one. This is like a Bye week. :D

Didnt Cowboy fans say that last year when the Redskins went to Dallas? What happened in that game I forget?

Portis is out this week. That's good news for us. He's had a few huge games against us in the recent past. Moss is the only one now that can give us fits.

Betts last week had the best game of any Redskin RB this year. Portis being out isnt that much of a loss when you look at what hes done this season.

leroyisgod
11-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Didnt Cowboy fans say that last year when the Redskins went to Dallas? What happened in that game I forget?

Betts last week had the best game of any Redskin RB this year. Portis being out isnt that much of a loss when you look at what hes done this season.

That was last year and the Skins are far worse than they were then. Betts will be a non-factor come Sunday.

diesel
11-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Haynesworth now is unlikely to play, that is really good news. No excuses not to run.

LizardState
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Cowboys 63
Redskins 3

Banner day.

Well, they say Dreams Are Wishes.....

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 05:47 PM
That was last year and the Skins are far worse than they were then. Betts will be a non-factor come Sunday.

Yes it was last year. It is the same old story though. Cowboy fans didnt give the Skins any chance last year going into Dallas. The same thing is happening this year. The Skins were 11 pt underdogs in the game and won last year. As of today they are 11 pt underdogs once again. Its the same story as last year. This game should be a close one going into the 4th quarter like most Redskin/Cowboy games over the last 5 years. It wont be a blowout or a easy win.

Haynesworth now is unlikely to play, that is really good news. No excuses not to run.

If Haynesworth doesnt play it will be a big blow for the Redskins defense. No excuses though for my team. Even without Haynesworth I still think the Skins can pull the upset.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-21-2009, 05:00 AM
I would have to agree with the opinion that there is no excuse. This should be a beat down. The Redskins may be playing without their two best players? Even with them, the boys are a better team. This should be a slaughter.

If it is not...we are in trouble.

BleedBurgundy96
11-21-2009, 01:11 PM
I would have to agree with the opinion that there is no excuse. This should be a beat down. The Redskins may be playing without their two best players? Even with them, the boys are a better team. This should be a slaughter.

If it is not...we are in trouble.

Im confused. How is this game going to be a slaughter? The Skins have a better defense than the Packers even without Haynesworth. You guys didnt score a point for 59 minutes of that game in GB. The Skins just had their biggest win of the season last week beating a team you guys couldnt (Broncos).

The Skins have no pressure to win this game. The Boys have all of the pressure not to choke like they did last year in Dallas vs the Redskins. So how is this going to be a slaughter? I can see either team winning and I have no problem with anyone predicting a Cowboys victory. I just dont see how the Cowboys are going to slaughter the Redskins tomorrow.

If it does happen ill be the first to say you were right. I just dont see how anyone after what happened last week can actually say one team is going to blowout another. Even more so in a rivalry game where 7 of the last 10 meetings have been decided by 5 pts or less.

dpl85
11-21-2009, 01:32 PM
If JG doesn't remove his head from his ass we're gonna lose just like last year.

D-Unit
11-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Im confused. How is this game going to be a slaughter? The Skins have a better defense than the Packers even without Haynesworth. You guys didnt score a point for 59 minutes of that game in GB. The Skins just had their biggest win of the season last week beating a team you guys couldnt (Broncos).

The Skins have no pressure to win this game. The Boys have all of the pressure not to choke like they did last year in Dallas vs the Redskins. So how is this going to be a slaughter? I can see either team winning and I have no problem with anyone predicting a Cowboys victory. I just dont see how the Cowboys are going to slaughter the Redskins tomorrow.

If it does happen ill be the first to say you were right. I just dont see how anyone after what happened last week can actually say one team is going to blowout another. Even more so in a rivalry game where 7 of the last 10 meetings have been decided by 5 pts or less.
Good luck this weekend. History won't determine the outcome. The game may be close, but there's just no chance that the Redskins win. Props if they do.

BleedBurgundy96
11-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Good luck this weekend. History won't determine the outcome. The game may be close, but there's just no chance that the Redskins win. Props if they do.

Good Luck to you as well. I agree history wont determine the outcome. I think the game will probably be close and im bringing up points from this season and past seasons that support it. I wouldnt say the Skins have no chance. I will say it will be a hard game for the Redskins to win tomorrow.

M.O.T.H.
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I sure as hell hope Ball is a better safety than he is a corner.

diesel
11-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Santana Moss is the only Redskin I really worry about. He does his Randy Moss impression every time he plays us.

M.O.T.H.
11-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I wouldnt worry about any one single player. Campbell sucks but, he's even had some good games against us, Betts could have a good one. I just want to win....just shut down everybody. :)

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 10:39 AM

Update

Albert Haynesworth (ankle) will not play on Sunday against the Cowboys.

Haynesworth didn't practice during the week and was listed as questionable. Kedric Golston will get the start. Haynesworth has been dealing with nagging injuries all season and will miss his first game of the year. Upgrade the Cowboys' Marion Barber in this matchup.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2636

Paul
11-22-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't know what it is, but our short yardage D has been really good this year.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow finally mixing up the backs early for a change.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Free is looking real strong in the running game thus far.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
God dammit Barber.

Paul
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
******* hell.

Paul
11-22-2009, 12:41 PM
WTF is going on with these damn 3rd down conversions.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 12:57 PM
No Austin, no offense.

I just don't understand how people are so blind to the fact when we figure out how to get him the ball -- we move it and score.

The longer the lie continues that Roy Williams is a number 1 and the longer we disrespect Austin b/c he is UDFA -- the worse it gets.

Since Roy Williams complained he is getting more looks and we basically suck. I also blame JG for being so weak and lacking a real personality to say NO. He gets a beat down for not running and now we are running .... too much. If Austin would complain -- he would get 20 passes thrown his way.

How many times are we going to run the 3rd and 1 play with Austin and Barber in the backfield?? Second time in one half.

JG is horrid. He is really bad. Sad.

Paul
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I swear, if Nick misses this.

Edit: I ******* knew it

LizardState
11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
In the Bay Area we're getting the 9ers game & they're getting their asses handed to them in Lambeau.

How good (or bad) so far is it? If 9-point favorite Dallas loses in front of a home crowd to the damn Deadskins the media pressure will heat up the seat under Phillips for the Thxgvg. Raiders game.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Where are the Austin Haters who slammed him for "drops" in the last few games?

Given how Roy Williams and Witten are not making plays and dropping equally easy passes ..... I would expect outrage from the haters.

Oh, and I said Folk has to go.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Roy Williams
Nick Folk

Need to go....... bench them now and cut them tomorrow.

They are costing us games and they are not winning any in return.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Who was slamming him for drops? He hasnt even done anything over the last few weeks.

And I'm def. pissed off about Roy Williams' play and Witten playing sporadic ball this year. Romo has been throwing high today especially after getting injured but Roy still has had opportunities. His hands are garbage.

703SKINS202
11-22-2009, 01:33 PM
what an awful game

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Who was slamming him for drops? He hasnt even done anything over the last few weeks.

And I'm def. pissed off about Roy Williams' play and Witten playing sporadic ball this year. Romo has been throwing high today especially after getting injured but Roy still has had opportunities. His hands are garbage.

You I think were making comments about "how he needs to make those plays" like the over throw last week. But yet, I just don't see the outrage over a clear PIECE OF GARBAGE like Roy Williams not making any plays.

How many momentum negative plays do we need to see from Roy (and Folk now). Jimmy Johnson says BYE BYE tomorrow and doesn't look back!!!!!!!

Again, repeat, the passing game needs to get the ball to Austin FIRST and FOREMOST. He needs to run routes that will see the ball. Screw Roy Williams, he sucks and Jerrah got raped.

Point being stop using your best WR as a g-damn decoy. All these throws to Witten and Williams should be option B.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I hate that Romo is the most blitzed QB in the league and a lot of that is on Garrett's dumb ass.

dpl85
11-22-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm posting from inside cowboys stadium. This offense is pretty pathetic right now. At least the D has been pretty good.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 01:56 PM
I can not believe the Refs allowed Randle El to spot the ball for a first down .. or the no call on grounding.

Wow, that is bad.

crisco0710
11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Our playcalling is horrible. Down 3 and Garrett abandons the run now. Pass on 1st, get 8 yards a pop on 2nd then get stopped on 3rd.

diesel
11-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Coach Jones down there stalking the sidelines to call some plays.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Since RW Complaints pre-Philly, the Roy Williams Offense I call it.

And I blame JG ad Jerrah for keeping Anti-Momentum in the game.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Coach Jones down there stalking the sidelines to call some plays.

The biggest loser of them all. Captain Over-Sell and Over-React.

LizardState
11-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Hate to say I told you so, but Royboy seems like he does need to go back Playing WR 101.

Getting shut out at home, the sports press will barbeque Garrett, Phillips & Co. to build hype for Thursday with the Raiders. This isnt a trap game, it's the Redskins, it's a hell to pay if you lose game.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Losing to the Raiders is sure going to suck. I cant watch this crap. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Sad. And Romo is sucking too.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I have a thought for JG, go to a 2 minute Offense and no huddle.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Romo and JeMarcus on Thanksgiving!!!

Ouch.

dpl85
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
TC should have more carries.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:27 PM

He's the third best RB on our team. Marion and Felix are averaging a combined 5 yards per run.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:28 PM

U watching the same game?

Our problem is we have toooo many guys who think they are the man ....

Bottom line is we have no personality on Offense, Jason Garrett is to blame and Romo is too soft in the head to realise otherwise.

And we keep RW in the 1 WR sets which is a waste. Great, John Phillips spread out wide.

Incredible.

crisco0710
11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Sigh another 1st down pass call and a sack. Then another run which gets us 15.

Then very next 1st down, guess what? An incomplete pass. This looks oh so familiar Garrett.

Edit: Felix 9 yard 2nd down run.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Why are we in shotgun on 3rd and 1!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

crisco0710
How many times this game have we passed 1st down got a long run on 2nd down to make it 3rd and short just to get stopped on 3rd?

Paul
Really Tony? Really?

LizardState
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
And the Vanderjagt Award for Worst Kicker Slump from a former Pro Bowler goes to ..... Nick Folk!

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Nice.

3rd and 1 three straight times and three straight handoffs to MBIII.

INT, even better with Romo ignoring Bennett in the flat for a simple first.

crisco0710
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
If this was any other team we'd be down 35-0

crisco0710
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Nice.

3rd and 1 three straight times and three straight handoffs to MBIII.

INT, even better with Romo ignoring Bennett in the flat for a simple first.

We wouldn't even be in the 3rd and 1 situation if we run on 1st.

LizardState
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Alex Smith just threw another INT in GB, neck in neck today with Romo for overpaid QB ineptitude.

dpl85
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Leonard Davis got beat pretty bad by Griffin earlier.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
We wouldn't even be in the 3rd and 1 situation if we run on 1st.

I am at a loss for words how a team can simply become so pathetic so fast.

I called Romo a flake and he is that.

I am now calling JG among the "too smart to win" OCs.

He has had three 3rd&1 and has called the same play three times. Eventually you get stopped once.

His play calling is schizo and reaks of desperation most of the time.

LizardState
11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
If this was any other team we'd be down 35-0

Not even watching it but I get the feeling that Dallas is mailing it in. Players do that when they feel their coaching leadership is < professional quality

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Here's the game right here.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Hey at least the D is playing well in spite of the HORRID PENALTIES being called by the Refs.

Some very questionable penalties called on the D last two games.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Just win the freaking game, I dont care how it's done.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Classic Romo. That looked EZ.

herniateddisc
0 Targets Roy Williams + 4 targets Austin = 7 Points

Paul
Thank the good lord.

703SKINS202
11-22-2009, 02:52 PM
im gearing up for a meltdown

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I just can't believe Roy Williams is even a 3rd WR.

He clearly sucks. Crayton, Hurd, Oggletree and Austin are MUCH BETTER PLAYERS.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:53 PM

We'll see, on most occasions our 2 minute defense blows.

crisco0710
Yeah bob I posted that 4 attempts for Austin 0 for Roy on another site just now lol.

Did we just see a clutch Romo?!

herniateddisc

Me too. 3rd and 16 goes for like 31 yards.

Kind of this teams MO.

Let us see if we get a GMen repeat.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Roy Williams sucks the life from this Offense.

At best a $9MM decoy and even then Oggletree, Hurd and Crayton are much better.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah bob I posted that 4 attempts for Austin 0 for Roy on another site just now lol.

Did we just see a clutch Romo?!

But we will get some CBoy fan here telling me how great RW is or Hurd or whatever or how "Austin needs to learn how to get open."

Just throw Austin the ball and call routes that are high pot for completions. Stop running him 25 yards downfield every play.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
We're ******. Ball has to play corner now.

crisco0710
11-22-2009, 02:58 PM
But we will get some CBoy fan here telling me how reat RW is or Hurd or whatever.

I don't think Roy should just get dropped from the offense, but it sure would be nice he if could play. Being a UT fan it sucks to see this. He just looks like a big dumb clumsy idiot out there.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Why are we blitzing the edges when they have a 3rd string Guard over your Pro-Bowl NT?

Inside stunt? Overload Gap?

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I dont see this ending well. I hope I'm wrong but, Suisham will probably get a shot with the way Scandrick has been playing lately and Ball in there.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Paul
Thank you. we "win"

M.O.T.H.
Thank you. we "win"

Well said. What a god damn mess.

diesel
11-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Hit em wit the leg Bow! - T Choice =P

herniateddisc
Finally a play by the D that mattered.

Now can someone go over and savagely beat JG so he has to cease coaching? Jerrah too for not doing what he should do and cut RW.

superman8456
I feel bad for the Redskins. Out played the Cowboys the whole game, but bad oline and missing FG opportunities killed them.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Can someone knee cap RW??? One shot with a hammer.

diesel
11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Go Atlanta!

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Garrett seriously is the worst short yardage and red zone situation coordinator I've ever seen. He just doesnt get it. And game management, terrible. I cant take much more of this crap. Let Sherman call the damn plays. ugh.

703SKINS202
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
**** me man

diesel
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Not over yet guys.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
7 seconds...if we lose, I swear to god.

diesel
11-22-2009, 03:09 PM
1 point win counts as much a 35 point win and I'll take 7-3. But there is no way we can get away with playing like this for much longer.

703SKINS202
11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
jason campbell knows how to get it done

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Good win guys. Another close game in the series that goes down to the wire. The Skins had chances but didnt convert when needed. I knew if it was a one score game long enough the Cowboys would pull it out. Congrats on this win and your upcoming Turkey Day crushing of Oakland.

703SKINS202
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Good win guys. Another close game in the series that goes down to the wire. The Skins had chances but didnt convert when needed. I knew if it was a one score game long enough the Cowboys would pull it out. Congrats on this win and your upcoming Turkey Day crushing of Oakland.
It wasn't a good win at all, that's what's so ******* frustrating.

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Good job on the Redskins today. Almost pulled it out. Well fought. I knew we'd win all along though. Reading the last 5 pages sure was funny though. You guys are the best.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
That game wasnt fun to watch at all.

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm glad I only caught the second half.

So... Doug Free... Future RT or LT?

Modano
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM

So I guess I didn't miss anything since I was forced to watch the Giants ;)

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm glad I only caught the second half.

So... Doug Free... Future RT or LT?

lol. You cant tell from one game. But he was beastly in the running game. He wasn't pushing anyone back too far but, he was more than holding his own, he played very well.

LonghornsLegend
11-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone know what the deal was with Newman and Campo?

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
lol. You cant tell from one game. But he was beastly in the running game. He wasn't pushing anyone back too far but, he was more than holding his own, he played very well.
That's why I posed the question now. We all know people make a living off predictions around here. LOL.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
So I guess I didn't miss anything since I was forced to watch the Giants ;)

This game was sickening. Romo was off, Roy couldnt catch anything, Barber fumbled getting Romo hurt in the process, Folk missed again, a bunch of injury timeouts and stoppages, Garrett had a bunch of head scratcher calls as usual. Nope, not fun at all.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Probably had to do with Newman lazily letting Thomas get wide open on that long 3rd down conversion.

Newman made so many bone headed plays today.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
That's why I posed the question now. We all know people make a living off predictions around here. LOL.

I'm not ready to call him the future at LT but, I liked what I saw from him filling in for Colombo. Maybe Dallas even considers moving Colombo over there one day. I just hope we dont put Davis there.

edit... I will add that they did have Phillips or another TE help Free every now and then. But he was very good on his own as well.

Im_a_Romosexual
11-22-2009, 03:39 PM
There was a long delay after Campbell stepped OB and was reviewed. I was at a bar and had no sound, so I was just curious as to what that was all about.

F Garrett
F Folk

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
It wasn't a good win at all, that's what's so ******* frustrating.

Yeah but at least you got the W. Dont worry you guys will kill the Raiders Thursday.

Good job on the Redskins today. Almost pulled it out. Well fought. I knew we'd win all along though. Reading the last 5 pages sure was funny though. You guys are the best.

I felt like this since the 3rd quarter. The Skins let the Cowboys hang around. When you dont put a team away in a rivalry game like this bad things happen. It was a nice hard fought win by the Cowboys. Congrats.

I have no clue. I do know if im Campo and Newman does what he did to me he isnt seeing the field the rest of the game.

Im not saying this b/c im a Skins fan. I would do the same thing to a Redskin player if they put their hands on me.

Paul
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Think it's time to test out some kickers, just to scare folk a bit.

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Probably had to do with Newman lazily letting Thomas get wide open on that long 3rd down conversion.

Newman made so many bone headed plays today.
Watching Jenkins play is such a beauty. His coverage is so tight. Newman ought to make the move to safety in the offseason.

Loved the heavy blitzing that Wade called for today. Absolutely loved it. He really knows his DC stuff. Can't say Ginger knows what he's doing. Bastard is lost as hell.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
There was a long delay after Campbell stepped OB and was reviewed. I was at a bar and had no sound, so I was just curious as to what that was all about.

F Garrett
F Folk

Longest booth review EVER.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Watching Jenkins play is such a beauty. His coverage is so tight. Newman ought to make the move to safety in the offseason.

Loved the heavy blitzing that Wade called for today. Absolutely loved it. He really knows his DC stuff. Can't say Ginger knows what he's doing. Bastard is lost as hell.

Hopefully he is alright. I thought he had a concussion or something but, Aikman said he hurt his shoulder at the end of the game. He's really banged up right now but, he keeps making plays. He's simply a fantastic corner.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Think it's time to test out some kickers, just to scare folk a bit.

Nope.

One...we do have another kicker here first of all.

But two...the guy has been one of the most or the most accurate kicker in the league over his short career. You cant give up on him yet, not at all.

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Nope.

One...we do have another kicker here first of all.

But two...the guy has been one of the most or the most accurate kicker in the league over his short career. You cant give up on him yet, not at all.
I disagree. Time to give that guy something to worry about. If Buehler CAN kick wouldn't it be pretty idiotic for us to keep 2 kickers. Let's find out if we need 2 or not.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 03:54 PM
You guys have been spoiled by Folk. He had hit on 89% coming into this year. That would rank 1st all-time if he played long enough. Even right now, he has the 6th highest % in NFL history. Only 4 guys have a better % that are active in the league.

You have to give it some time still.

I know it sucks but, Folk was automatic at one time....for two years even. He's coming off surgery, it can come back to him. You just dont give him the boot this early.

703SKINS202
11-22-2009, 03:54 PM
[quote=BleedBurgundy96;1889733]Yeah but at least you got the W. Dont worry you guys will kill the Raiders Thursday.
Too bad I'm a Redskins fan...

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Too bad I'm a Redskins fan...

LOL. I wasnt sure if you were a Skins or Boys fan.

I misunderstood your last post.

I guess the Skins in your username should of tipped me off though in hindsight.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I posted it before but Hurd technically got the start today. :D Only because, we came out in a running formation. Forget passing formations...you want a hint of what we're doing? If Hurd is in the offense, we're running. ugh. He's been completely phased out of the pass offense. Happened as soon as he scored that TD against Seattle also. That makes perfect sense, Garrett.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 04:12 PM
You guys have been spoiled by Folk. He had hit on 89% coming into this year. That would rank 1st all-time if he played long enough. Even right now, he has the 6th highest % in NFL history. Only 4 guys have a better % that are active in the league.

Folk is a damn good FG kicker. I honestly would rather have him than anyone else in the NFL. He will bounce back.

dpl85
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
That was a boring game for like 56 minutes. I'm happy we won but the offense's lack of productivity is disconcerting.

703SKINS202
11-22-2009, 05:15 PM
That was a boring game for like 56 minutes. I'm happy we won but the offense's lack of productivity is disconcerting.
Seems like the media is really getting inside the heads of a lot of players and coaches. No reason why you guys should be forcing RW as the #1, he's the biggest waste of talent I've seen in a while. He was even laughing after dropping like his 3rd ball. Garret needs to just let Tony play and roll with whatever is working that day. IMO Witten could have had a much bigger day, he seemed to be open a lot but just wasn't getting targeted.

LonghornsLegend
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Garret needs to just let Tony play and roll with whatever is working that day.

That's what he's doing, he's been doing that every game of the season. Why do you think at the end of the game he connected with Austin 3 or 4 times. Romo has just been finding the open man and going with what the defense gives him, he hasn't been forcing the ball to anyone all year really.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 10:34 PM
My game notes:

1) Pretty clear to me RW as a #1 is a bomb. Frankly, he sucks. I hope we cut him after this year. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
2) Austin running the #1 routes makes more sense. Offense looks smoother. Romo makes faster decisions. Throws the ball with zip.
3) I would prefer Oggletree as the #2 with Hurd and Crayton as 3 and 4. He has phone booth quickness and has some wiggle in the hips that Hurd and Crayton don't have.
4) Free can play. Carter and Orakpo aren't Reggie White and Clyde Simmons but they are pretty good.
5) D played well and nice to see guys noticing that Jenkins is the best corner in the NFC. The PI calls he is getting are horrid. Hopefully the Refs come around. Asante Samuel mugs guys constantly. CONSTANTLY.
6) Campo calling out Newman for being stupid. About time Newman's brains many times is not in the game. Too many times I have seen Newman give guys huge cushions when he knows the team is blitzing. Giving up 8-9 yards routes for no reason instead of playing press and looking to jump a route or jamming the guy in order to facilitate a coverage sack.
7) Spencer is playing well but zero sacks is still pretty bad. He also needs to increase his recognition on pass play. Ball seem to wiz past his head too often for my comfort. But much better.
8) Did we miss Ken Hamlin? No? Yeah, cut him too. Another loser who is so easily replaced as to be sickening.
9) Folk gotta go. I have no confidence he will hit anything beyond 35 yards. Give Beuhler the chance and if good enuff, bye bye Folk.
10) JG gotta go. He is an idiot. Calling the same play on identical 3rd and Short on three separate occasions? That is all I needed to see to know he is contributing mightily to the problems on O and has been for the last 2 years. One thing is to say "Guys Gotta Execute" and another is to say "We are going to keep running the same plays and expect the other team is too stupid to figure it out."

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Your Ogletree love is so unwarranted. Why do you like him so much, because he's fast?

He's not a starting receiver.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
That's what he's doing, he's been doing that every game of the season. Why do you think at the end of the game he connected with Austin 3 or 4 times. Romo has just been finding the open man and going with what the defense gives him, he hasn't been forcing the ball to anyone all year really.

I disagree. Romo started worrying about RW since RW complained and no coincidence we have score 34 points in 3 games.

Romo should simply ignore Williams and make Williams run a Post EVERY PLAY. That way he (RW) won't do harm and actually force the safety to at least take him somewhat seriously.

Roy is a rich man. I really think it best for this team if he suffers a blow-out knee injury. Everyone can say "Oh soooooo sad," be quietly ecstatic, not feel guilty and we can get back to playing winning Offensive Football.

The dude is Anti-Momentum. A loser. A f"ing Cooler.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Your Ogletree love is so unwarranted. Why do you like him so much, because he's fast?

He's not a starting receiver.

This is reminding me of the Austin and Sidney Rice discussion.

Um, Oggletree is a number 2 and he can run YZ route with ease.

You can believe what you want but I won't agree and time will prove me right.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
0 Targets RW + 4 Targets Austin = Game Winning TD Drive.

Im_a_Romosexual
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM

I don't think he'd be ready next year, maybe in 2 years. Give him more snaps next year and ease him into the role.

herniateddisc
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't think he'd be ready next year, maybe in 2 years. Give him more snaps next year and ease him into the role.

He can't be any worse than Roy Williams.

Hurd and Crayton are much better right now than Roy too.

Any of them, just get Roy Williams on Special Teams and 5th WR. He should not be occupying the #1 slot. His play is abominable.

Roy is THE COOLER!

E-Man
11-22-2009, 11:56 PM
What an ugly win. The offense needs to get their stuff together. I know everyone will look for a scapegoat(probably Roy) but the fact is that no receiver played well in the passing game. The running game was really good, but there wasn't anything beyond the tight ends getting love. I know the talk is about how Roy had a crappy game, and he sucks and all that, but what in hell did Miles Austin do? What about Crayton? The receiving core got manhandled today, and they have to fix the problem before December rolls around.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 12:35 AM

Yes, the Gamecocks fan and biggest Sidney Rice fan on the site hates Sidney Rice. :/

Saying Ogletree is our 2nd best receiver and should be starting is completely ludicrous. You seem to like anyone who has speedz. If he passes your eye test, they're sure to be a star. Just like ole Courtney Brown and his speedz.

I'm sure you would have been all over Randal Williams if you posted when he played. He was every bit the athlete Austin was, superior even, but he couldnt put it all together. Just because, your fast doesnt mean your good.

D-Unit
11-23-2009, 12:41 AM

You sure it doesn't remind you of the Justin King discussion? He was the next Deion Sanders according to you. lmao.

Modano
11-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Rob can't you see what pisses people off about you? It's not what you say, it's how you say it. You repeat the same thing over and over again and come back for e-recognition. It's probably the 100th time you say we should cut Roy and start Ogletree. OK!!! We got your point, stop repeating it every two posts!

Back to the Folk discussion: you don't cut a player just because he's having a down season.

thule
11-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Idk if anyone mentioned the romo injury. But once again this caused romo to be inAccurate over he course of the game. Unfortunetly our wrs aren't in the elite or good category. They are mrely average which I think makes for the trouble to connect wih romo when he is off. An elite wr can make up for a qb who is off consistantly. A average wr cannot do it consistantly.

Ya I hate that Roy didn't come down with two off target throws over the middle but romo needs to put that on the body so the wr can brace for impact.

Romps back injury was a huge issue today. Until the addreniline set in and he wasn't thinkng about the back pain.

So ya I think or WRs are average but it is only exposed when Tony is off target. A lower back bruise causes discomfort and that motion lead the ball to sail because he had to try to compensate a bit for the lack of velocity.

On another note Spencer once again turned in a he'll of a game. I'd love to see qb pressures for this season. I'd assume he is right up there. And he is constanly making hustle plays down field. He is a three down player if one of our rushers from the draft step up we will have a great aces package again.

Lastly I just wanna say. I'd rather be a team finding a way to win than pissing games away at the end. Games like this should help in December when it comes to crunchtime.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Coming into the game he was tied with Ware for most on the team.

thule
11-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Spenser has been playing like a man possessed the past two games. If you had to choose a knock I Hess I'd say it seems like he tts worn down at the end of games. But same can be said about ware. Butlers progressiion ahould help that tho as we get furher into the season.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 07:09 AM
....but what in hell did Miles Austin do? What about Crayton? ....

Um, when they got throws, they caught them. Miss the last drive huh?

Will repeat ad-nauseum, the problem with this Pasing Game is Roy "Cooler" Williams is running the hot routes. From the second he complained, his targets are WAY UP, his drops way up and the points scored way down.

Roy is no Mike Irvin, you can't count on him to run them right, run them hard or catch them.

Miles Austin is our BEST #1 and time for Cooler to get on the back of the bus with the other losers like Hamlin.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Yes, the Gamecocks fan and biggest Sidney Rice fan on the site hates Sidney Rice. :/

Saying Ogletree is our 2nd best receiver and should be starting is completely ludicrous. You seem to like anyone who has speedz. If he passes your eye test, they're sure to be a star. Just like ole Courtney Brown and his speedz.

I'm sure you would have been all over Randal Williams if you posted when he played. He was every bit the athlete Austin was, superior even, but he couldnt put it all together. Just because, your fast doesnt mean your good.

Now there is a misrepresentation of anything I ever said. See, this is what bothers me about guys here. Why must you distort and fabricate something in order to pin it on me to score points????

1) I love speed but not at the expense of impactful-football smarts. Don't let the "Hurd is slow" comments fool you otherwise.

2) I liked C Brown for a 7th rounder. What is wrong with that? We needed CB, we needed athlelticism, we got someone at 7 that satisfied those needs.

3) Rice looks pretty good. Who was right???

Be fair or don't play the game.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Rob can't you see what pisses people off about you? It's not what you say, it's how you say it. You repeat the same thing over and over again and come back for e-recognition. It's probably the 100th time you say we should cut Roy and start Ogletree. OK!!! We got your point, stop repeating it every two posts!

Back to the Folk discussion: you don't cut a player just because he's having a down season.

..... Yeah ...... anyway ....... how is Sardinia?

See Sidney Rice play lately? I was a real MORON for wanting him instead of trading all those picks for Spencer huh? Worse yet, then b/c of poor drafting, and blindness of the GM (missed Austin) spending more draft picks on Roy Williams. HUH?????????????

Imagine a WR core of Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, Hurd, Crayton and Oggletree????????? ..... and the extra 1 Rounder, Second and Third we gave away???????

And, um, Kickers get cut all the time when they have down season b/c you can snap your fingers tomorrow and find 10 kickers who can hit 80% between 35 and 45 yards.

Got a SIG for me?

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Idk if anyone mentioned the romo injury. But once again this caused romo to be inAccurate over he course of the game. Unfortunetly our wrs aren't in the elite or good category. They are mrely average which I think makes for the trouble to connect wih romo when he is off. An elite wr can make up for a qb who is off consistantly. A average wr cannot do it consistantly.

Ya I hate that Roy didn't come down with two off target throws over the middle but romo needs to put that on the body so the wr can brace for impact.

Romps back injury was a huge issue today. Until the addreniline set in and he wasn't thinkng about the back pain.

So ya I think or WRs are average but it is only exposed when Tony is off target. A lower back bruise causes discomfort and that motion lead the ball to sail because he had to try to compensate a bit for the lack of velocity.

On another note Spencer once again turned in a he'll of a game. I'd love to see qb pressures for this season. I'd assume he is right up there. And he is constanly making hustle plays down field. He is a three down player if one of our rushers from the draft step up we will have a great aces package again.

Lastly I just wanna say. I'd rather be a team finding a way to win than pissing games away at the end. Games like this should help in December when it comes to crunchtime.

Our WRs are fine and Austin is a star on any rationally coached team who knows what a #1 is (and is not -- RW).

Last two wins are proof when you throw him the ball -- you win. When you irnogre him your passing game grinds down.

This reminds me of the conversations about how Minnesota's WRs sucked and Atlanta's WR sucked. Randy Moss sucked in Oakland. When those WR get a decent QB it all changed.

Need I go further?

When your QB is wild or OC is simplistic, you simply have problems no matter how talented the WR are. BIYAM, solving Romo's wild problem is as simple as getting Roy Williams out of his head. Tony is a flake and soft in the head. He can't have people telling him do this or that. He freaks when people have expectations of him. Roy gone means Tony can be himself .... which is better than when he tries to be Tom Brady or Romo tries to please Red by going to his "hot read".

Bench Williams and get results. He throws SO MUCH BETTER when Williams is not running the Hot Routes and Austin is.

E-Man
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM

Yes you do cut them. Geez. Don't you know anything about football? You cut a player after every bad season. C'mon man get with the program. /sarcasm

Modano
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
..... Yeah ...... anyway ....... how is Sardinia?

See Sidney Rice play lately? I was a real MORON for wanting him instead of trading all those picks for Spencer huh? Worse yet, then b/c of poor drafting, and blindness of the GM (missed Austin) spending more draft picks on Roy Williams. HUH?????????????

Imagine a WR core of Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, Hurd, Crayton and Oggletree????????? ..... and the extra 1 Rounder, Second and Third we gave away???????

And, um, Kickers get cut all the time when they have down season b/c you can snap your fingers tomorrow and find 10 kickers who can hit 80% between 35 and 45 yards.

Got a SIG for me?

Ok, imagine that WR corp but also with Bobby Carpenter starting in place of Spencer. And who call you a moron for that? Disagreeing on something doesn't mean thinking the other guy is a moron. The problem is that e-recognition is useless and childish. Ok, you were right on Austin, props to you. I'm pretty sure there are lot things you were wrong about. Is anyone saying to you "yes! you were WRONG that time!!!!"
I hope that Ogletree can turn into something special, but right now he's just a rookie with great speed. It's pretty early to call him a starting receiver. Also because we can't see him in practice.
And you forget that Folk has been also very clutch. Yes, he's missing more than you'd like this year, but we can't give up on him.

D-Unit
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Everyone notice how Bob ignored the Justin King comment I made? Bob can't acknowledge he was wrong about Justin King or it would ruin him forever.

King is a **** down corner who possesses Deion Sanders speed.

TNew and King would be sick athletically speaking.

In fact I would go as far as saying, Phillips and King maybe be two of the best DB prospects to come out in some time.

TNew, Phillips, King and Hamlin/Watkins. Henry and Reeves as nickel and dime.....

Wet dream. Not happin.

Thule,

King is a pure press corner like Sanders. A shut down corner. A guy who has the speed and quickness to line up in front of a WR and cover him real good for 2-3 seconds.

That to me is a WP Corner in his modified 46, 3-4 scheme with the push on getting to the QB. With respect to run support, he is also fine. \

Plus, you are not going to find the field at PSU in the Big Ten unless you display some toughness and brains.

The word "poohsay" and PSU star have never been a concern of mine. King is no exception.

But him and Williams. My god. If they only had Chad Henne instead of Morelli!!!!!!!!!!! And I hate Henne.

Plus not sure what you mean by "Physical Corner for the WP system."

To me that translates into Good Press, Man Corner who can tackle.

King is all that.

As I said, talent wise? Maybe top corner in the draft.

Oh and you sure were on a roll that day... this was just a few posts down...

The trade proposal from hell...

Trade Proposal .....

Bobby Carpenter and Marc Colombo (replace with 2nd rounder) for DeAngelo Hall?

We have enuff wackos here why not another one. Him and TO can spit on each other and then claim "disappointment" in each other's profesional behavior.

Hall seems to hate Petrino. Petrino wants fat guys for the OL and need D help too.

Thoughts?????????????
rr

Now take credit for THAT!

It's always about how you were right about things and how everyone was wrong. Well how does this taste? Welcome to our world. ...where we're all wrong sometimes.

Sniper
11-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. D's on a roll lately. Must be the new kid or something.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Now there is a misrepresentation of anything I ever said. See, this is what bothers me about guys here. Why must you distort and fabricate something in order to pin it on me to score points????

1) I love speed but not at the expense of impactful-football smarts. Don't let the "Hurd is slow" comments fool you otherwise.

2) I liked C Brown for a 7th rounder. What is wrong with that? We needed CB, we needed athlelticism, we got someone at 7 that satisfied those needs.

3) Rice looks pretty good. Who was right???

Be fair or don't play the game.

Constantly patting yourself on the back for thinking Rice would be good just sounds silly. Errrrrm....he was a 1st round pick, his success was "predicted" by a lot of people. So congrats on being right with thousands of others. yay?

The whole Ogletree thing also sounds ridiculous. Which one of his 4 career receptions showed you that he was the 2nd best receiver on our team? Come on now. geez.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I like how Landry called, Williams "scared". Said he was giving up on routes and wanted no part of the ball across the middle. Roy is basically matching Joey Galloway's numbers in his first full season in Dallas.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Everyone notice how Bob ignored the Justin King comment I made? Bob can't acknowledge he was wrong about Justin King or it would ruin him forever.

Oh and you sure were on a roll that day... this was just a few posts down...

The trade proposal from hell...

Now take credit for THAT!

It's always about how you were right about things and how everyone was wrong. Well how does this taste? Welcome to our world. ...where we're all wrong sometimes.

So the best you can do is Justin King coming out of Penn State before the combine results?

Or getting rid of Colombo and Carpenter for a CB we needed in 2007?

Shall I do I D-Unit and saying I wasn't being serious like when you said Roy Williams was the BEST SAFETY in football in spite of what you wrote and repeated?

Or your passionate defense of TO and how critical he was to the Offense last year??

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Still take my record over yours!!! Any day.

ANd their were rumors coming out of Penn State (wrong ones) that he ran a 4.25. That was pure bullocks.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Constantly patting yourself on the back for thinking Rice would be good just sounds silly. Errrrrm....he was a 1st round pick, his success was "predicted" by a lot of people. So congrats on being right with thousands of others. yay?

The whole Ogletree thing also sounds ridiculous. Which one of his 4 career receptions showed you that he was the 2nd best receiver on our team? Come on now. geez.

Sidney Rice was a first round pick????

Oggletree can play. Just watch.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok, imagine that WR corp but also with Bobby Carpenter starting in place of Spencer. And who call you a moron for that? Disagreeing on something doesn't mean thinking the other guy is a moron. The problem is that e-recognition is useless and childish. Ok, you were right on Austin, props to you. I'm pretty sure there are lot things you were wrong about. Is anyone saying to you "yes! you were WRONG that time!!!!"
I hope that Ogletree can turn into something special, but right now he's just a rookie with great speed. It's pretty early to call him a starting receiver. Also because we can't see him in practice.
And you forget that Folk has been also very clutch. Yes, he's missing more than you'd like this year, but we can't give up on him.

I was right about lots of things. If it was only Austin.

Worse yet, it takes a verbal joust to get you to admit so.

I would be willing to admit I am an a** if you and other would admit I am right on plenty of my insights.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM
lolz...totally did that on accident. Wow, he was a 2nd round pick who many had going in the 1st. You're far from the only person that thought he'd be good. Anyone could see he could be special...he had to play with freaking Blake Mitchell and still lead the SEC in receiving. He was fantastic and many people thought he'd be good. Is normally the case with 1st/2nd round picks. :/

As for Ogletree, I bet you probably never even saw him play in college. Thus you've probably only seen him in the preseason and a very minor role in our offense. And even if you did see him play in college, saying he should start right now sounds ridiculous any way you spin it.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 04:10 PM
lolz...totally did that on accident. Wow, he was a 2nd round pick who many had going in the 1st. You're far from the only person that thought he'd be good. Anyone could see he could be special...he had to play with freaking Blake Mitchell and still lead the SEC in receiving. He was fantastic and many people thought he'd be good. Is normally the case with 1st/2nd round picks. :/

As for Ogletree, I bet you probably never even saw him play in college. Thus you've probably only seen him in the preseason and a very minor role in our offense. And even if you did see him play in college, saying he should start right now sounds ridiculous any way you spin it.

I know I am not the only person who thought Rice would be good. That has never been the point MOTH. The point is many on this board thought I was nuts to call for Rice instead of the Spencer trade. I think time is proving me right .... so far. All I futher stated was that trade hurt us b/c we gave up a bit too.

Oggletree can be a starter right now but will never know b/c we have an unimaginative coaching staff. Much like it injuries, cuts, and big mouths to clear the path for Austin when I "crazily" said he had #1 skills. Our coaching staff, GM and fans pretty much sat by and murdered him for his drops but not "imagine" what he could deliver otherwise given opportunities.

Oggletree has it. He reminds me of Steve Breaston.

D-Unit
11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
So the best you can do is Justin King coming out of Penn State before the combine results?

Or getting rid of Colombo and Carpenter for a CB we needed in 2007?

Shall I do I D-Unit and saying I wasn't being serious like when you said Roy Williams was the BEST SAFETY in football in spite of what you wrote and repeated?

Or your passionate defense of TO and how critical he was to the Offense last year??

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Still take my record over yours!!! Any day.

ANd their were rumors coming out of Penn State (wrong ones) that he ran a 4.25. That was pure bullocks.
LOL. What is this 5th grade? I find this post absolutely priceless. This is just funny as heck.

What's next? You gonna tell me that your dad can beat up mine??? LMAO. You're awesome Bob!

D-Unit
11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Still don't get it do you... Roy was the best Safety in football? LOL. NO. He was uncuttable because of his cap hit and he was not responsible for some of the stuff he was being blamed for. He made too much money and the best we could do is hide his weaknesses which is what the coaching staff tried to do before finally cutting him was doable against the cap.

Sidney Rice??? A TON of people liked Sidney Rice. You often like to think of yourself in the minority when you are not.

Miles Austin??? Why don't you go back to the thread where it was first announced that we signed him. A LOT of us were thrilled about that. The more we heard of him the more we liked him too. Yes, there was a developmental period where he dropped a lot of balls, his route running was terribly criticized (esp by the staff), and he often ran east-west after the catch for which the coaching staff got on him for as well. All apart of his development. For you to say that you're the only one who can like him is absurd. Just because some may have criticized him for his weaknesses doesn't mean that gives you an open window to somehow tell your mind that you're the only one who can ever get credit for seeing something special in him. You act like you're the damn GM who signed him for crying out loud.

Also, we ALL think that Roy Williams was overpaid and the trade has some cons.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 04:48 PM
LOL. What is this 5th grade? I find this post absolutely priceless. This is just funny as heck.

What's next? You gonna tell me that your dad can beat up mine??? LMAO. You're awesome Bob!

I just like the fact you are mining threads to find the an example I was wrong about a college player nonetheless. No need to search I can tell you myself ...... did not like Felix over Mendenhall. Turned out fine. Solaiai, wanted him too.

I just have to scroll down this thread to find clearly wrong comments. Not much to search.

And, BTW, my father just died. Thanks.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
...Also, we ALL think that Roy Williams was overpaid and the trade has some cons.

I love when people hedge their comments so that way they can claim ....

Some cons???? Just some?????

I only see one positive for the trade -- a clearly stupid Jerrah Botox Jones had the idiotic belief Roy was a #1 like TO was and he then cut the loud mouth jerk out of misplaced confidence.

That is the only positive to the trade .... an inflated moron Jerrah got the courage to do what he should have done 12 months previously.

For this I am grateful but it cost alot of money anf draft picks.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
The thing that just annoys me is the the whole Austin thing. Did I think he'd be this good? Nope. Did I like Hurd better? Yes but, that wasnt the norm on here. More liked Austin better and you act like you're the only one who liked Austin. I remember a post by LL, saying that Austin would exceed 1,000+ yards this season....at the time, I thought that was a crazy prediction, but honestly, a lot of posters on here liked Austin.

They dont however, all have a major man crush on him, though. Austin can do no wrong, apparently.

As for Roy...there were also a bunch of us that hated the trade. Not only do I agree that the contract is insane....I never wanted him the first place, personally.

D-Unit
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I love when people hedge their comments so that way they can claim ....

Some cons???? Just some?????

I only see one positive for the trade -- a clearly stupid Jerrah Botox Jones had the idiotic belief Roy was a #1 like TO was and cut the loud mouth jerk.

That is the only positive to the trade .... an inflated moron Jerrah got the courage to do what he should have done 12 months previously.
You can't have one without the other. You can't like TO being gone and Roy being here. If Jerry didn't do the trade, then TO would be here today. No way he goes with Crayton the #1 and Austin the #2 going into the season.

The mistake was giving Roy that contract.

D-Unit
11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I just like the fact you are mining threads to find the an example I was wrong about a college player nonetheless. No need to search I can tell you myself ...... did not like Felix over Mendenhall. Turned out fine. Solaiai, wanted him too.

I just have to scroll down this thread to find clearly wrong comments. Not much to search.

And, BTW, my father just died. Thanks.
Mining threads... LOL. I stumbled across your posts after YOU resurrected the thread!!! Ironic, huh.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 06:53 PM
You can't have one without the other. You can't like TO being gone and Roy being here. If Jerry didn't do the trade, then TO would be here today. No way he goes with Crayton the #1 and Austin the #2 going into the season.

The mistake was giving Roy that contract.

Oh we agree, Jerrah is such a dope that unless he screws up the Roy Williams trade Miles Austin is still on the bench and we are 4-6 with TO crying like a fuh-hag-ut.

herniateddisc
11-23-2009, 06:54 PM
The thing that just annoys me is the the whole Austin thing. Did I think he'd be this good? Nope. Did I like Hurd better? Yes but, that wasnt the norm on here. More liked Austin better and you act like you're the only one who liked Austin. I remember a post by LL, saying that Austin would exceed 1,000+ yards this season....at the time, I thought that was a crazy prediction, but honestly, a lot of posters on here liked Austin.

They dont however, all have a major man crush on him, though. Austin can do no wrong, apparently.

As for Roy...there were also a bunch of us that hated the trade. Not only do I agree that the contract is insane....I never wanted him the first place, personally.

LL did not say that.

Austin can do no wrong as far as I am concerned. U got that right.

Give me 52 Miles Austin's and we win a SB every year.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 06:59 PM
LL did not say that.

Austin can do no wrong as far as I am concerned. U got that right.

Give me 52 Miles Austin's and we win a SB every year.

LL did say that, it's in an nfl thread some where.

BleedBurgundy96
11-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I like how Landry called, Williams "scared". Said he was giving up on routes and wanted no part of the ball across the middle. Roy is basically matching Joey Galloway's numbers in his first full season in Dallas.

I wouldnt listen to Landry much. He is running his lips b/c yesterday was the first good game he has had all season.

M.O.T.H.
11-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I wouldnt listen to Landry much. He is running his lips b/c yesterday was the first good game he has had all season.

lol. I'm just saying, it's not really surprising to hear the opposition say these things.

LonghornsLegend
11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
LL did say that, it's in an nfl thread some where.

Don't pay any attention to him, he's the only one that can be right about anything Cowboys related, Bob tells us all how it's going to be before hand. He's always by himself with thoughts, how dare you try to give credit to someone else!!! lol.

I sig quoted Burns in my sig the very same day he made this comment, had I not felt that strongly about Austin it would have never been there. Of course I thought Hurd was on his way to breaking out too, but again there is only so many balls to go around, Hurd could be a beast somewhere like Miami where they can use a WR who knows how to run routes and catch.

But of course, Bob is the only one who can be right about anything around here, how silly of us to forget that.

LonghornsLegend
11-23-2009, 08:26 PM
LOL, i just realized he's still talking about Sidney Rice. SMH. Didn't Ward say he brings something new and refreshing to the forums awhile back? Why is it everytime I stumble into a thread with this guy were either talking about Parcells, Sidney Rice, how he was the only one who wanted Roy Williams(the safety gone), or how he wanted to move Spears to NT?

LMAO. Seriously, I have heard the same stuff so many times from him it's not even funny. But I guess some people have to make themselves feel better everyday. This is starting to get sad at this point.

thule
11-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Guys I've restricted myself from getting involved the past month.

But I feel that this is slowly ruining the board.

Yes there is an ignore function...yes some people use it. But really...can't we all act like grownups?

Everywhere in the world there are people we wish we had an ignore function for...but it's not like we have a remote control to push fast forward or mute.

If someone is bugging you or saying stupid things...IGNORE it. If you chose to reply...reply to the parts of the post that you want and leave it at that. If it is against the board rules notify a mod or admin. The bickering in this forum section is done.

This board has more bickering in it than actual posts. From this point forward if I see a post that I don't assume fit for the discussion or thread I'm going to delete it. And that means the good content in the post as well.

D-Unit
11-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Guys I've restricted myself from getting involved the past month.

But I feel that this is slowly ruining the board.

Yes there is an ignore function...yes some people use it. But really...can't we all act like grownups?

Everywhere in the world there are people we wish we had an ignore function for...but it's not like we have a remote control to push fast forward or mute.

If someone is bugging you or saying stupid things...IGNORE it. If you chose to reply...reply to the parts of the post that you want and leave it at that. If it is against the board rules notify a mod or admin. The bickering in this forum section is done.

This board has more bickering in it than actual posts. From this point forward if I see a post that I don't assume fit for the discussion or thread I'm going to delete it. And that means the good content in the post as well.
So basically as long as everyone ignores Bob for the rest of the entire time they post here, then things will be fine. I'm not sure that's what Bob even wants. LOL.

I applaud the effort, but we all know one thing solves all.

E-Man
11-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Thule is right. Apathy is the best way to handle a problem.

MetSox17
11-24-2009, 02:47 AM
So basically as long as everyone ignores Bob for the rest of the entire time they post here, then things will be fine. I'm not sure that's what Bob even wants. LOL.

I applaud the effort, but we all know one thing solves all.

Do it D. Do it!!!! Save us all!

D-Unit
11-24-2009, 03:05 AM
I think we all like the insightful points of views that Bob makes. But I think I'll just delete anything if he starts to talk about himself or others. Ward has given me the ok to ban him if it gets to be too much.

MetSox17
11-24-2009, 03:12 AM
I think we all like the insightful points of views that Bob makes.

Don't count me in on the "we".

M.O.T.H.
11-24-2009, 03:18 AM
In other news...Rudy Carp was claimed by the Bucs for whatever reason. They sure do like to stockpile crappy Qbs.

And we signed Cletis Gordon and cut Rossum.

MetSox17
11-24-2009, 05:35 AM
I remember when the Texas defense introduced itself to Rudy Carpenter. It wasn't pretty.

herniateddisc
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Don't pay any attention to him, he's the only one that can be right about anything Cowboys related, Bob tells us all how it's going to be before hand. He's always by himself with thoughts, how dare you try to give credit to someone else!!! lol.

I sig quoted Burns in my sig the very same day he made this comment, had I not felt that strongly about Austin it would have never been there. Of course I thought Hurd was on his way to breaking out too, but again there is only so many balls to go around, Hurd could be a beast somewhere like Miami where they can use a WR who knows how to run routes and catch.

But of course, Bob is the only one who can be right about anything around here, how silly of us to forget that.

Just go find the post if you know where it is and I will call you FOOTBALL GOD for a week.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-24-2009, 11:51 AM

See? Dont question me again. I told you it would be a beat down and it was. Not even close.

I love those barnburners. Absolutely riveting football.

herniateddisc
11-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Um, when they got throws, they caught them. Miss the last drive huh?

Will repeat ad-nauseum, the problem with this Pasing Game is Roy "Cooler" Williams is running the hot routes. From the second he complained, his targets are WAY UP, his drops way up and the points scored way down.

Roy is no Mike Irvin, you can't count on him to run them right, run them hard or catch them.

Miles Austin is our BEST #1 and time for Cooler to get on the back of the bus with the other losers like Hamlin.

Ahem. Miles, number #1 that delivers.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Well today it was all single coverage...we know what he can do when he's not respected as much...next week should be a challenge, as he'll gain more focus once again, like these previous two weeks. Dont be surprised if he has another quiet one, hopefully not, but these are the normal bumps in the road or growing pains for budding young receivers. We saw how he was a lot less productive when coverages were being rolled to him.

I was actually really surprised they decided to play so much single coverage and man against us. Bump and run in there as well. If they just did what we've been seeing the last two weeks, it probably would have been much of the same. It's not like Garrett knows how adjust ever. We'll see, I'm expecting some offensive struggles next week. I sure as hell hope not, though. When our offense is sputtering, these games are hard to watch.