PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles will not recover

D-Unit
11-16-2009, 08:23 PM
2 Team Race. The fight for the NFC East Crown will boil down to 2 teams. The Dallas Cowboys and the NY Giants. If I think I know, what I think I know, then the Dallas Cowboys will win the division. Go ahead. Call me a homer. I can take it. However, I'm not an overboard homer. There is a strong chance that if NY sweeps the Cowboys this year, then the title could be theirs. But I stand by what I thought before the season began... and that is that I thought we would split the series with them. Which means that if we do split, then the tie breaker (which is your W/L record versus Division opponents) will go to the Cowboys because NY already lost to Philly and I'm predicting a revenge win in Week 17 Dallas vs Philly. If Dallas goes 12-4, the crown is completely theirs. If Dallas goes 11-5, and beats NY then the crown is theirs. If Dallas loses to NY, then NY could take the crown because they swept the series. Both Dallas and NY have favorable schedules down the road and I don't see more than 2 losses for either team.

Dallas will enjoy safe weather. If it wasn't apparent before, does the Green Bay loss convince you? Dallas' offense simply struggles to move the ball in cold weather. Garrett has designed a finesse passing attack sprinkled in with runs. But the schedule favors us to play indoors the rest of the way and that plays right into our strength.

Dallas
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Washington W - A Gimme.
12 Thu, Nov 26 vs Oakland W - 2 full weeks sleeping in their own bed = win
13 Sun, Dec 6 @ NY Giants W - Split the series prediction.
14 Sun, Dec 13 vs San Diego W - Home field advantage. Check.
15 Sat, Dec 19 @ New Orleans L - Both teams like to play indoors, but NOR has home field advantage.
16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Washington W - No December slump this year.
17 Sun, Jan 3 vs Philadelphia W - Revengance.

Dallas finishes 12-4 in that scenario. 11-5 and they may not win the division. A lot rides on the Giants game. Philly on the other hand will be crawling into Week 17.

Week 17 - Revenge Game. That Week 17 game will be just as meaningful as it was last year. I'm sure nobody around here underestimates the feeling of revenge and hatred that the Cowboys have for the Eagles and vice versa. In yet another classic NFC East duel, it will come down to the last week of the season to figure out playoff seeding. But Dallas should be victorious this time around. For one, it's a home game in their brand new warm and fuzzy stadium with the home crowd behind them and safe from frigid weather. Secondly, Philly could be without Westbrook and Brian Dawkins will NOT show up. Philly might have some new young weapons, but it is still too early for them to beat this veteran Cowboys group.

New York is gettng healthy, while Philly is getting hurt. The Giants are coming off a much needed Bye week and look to have the horses ready to gear up for a second half swoon on the season. The injuries are piling up for the Eagles and Westbrook's career is in jeapardy. Andy Reid said, "Football right now for Brian Westbrook is not the important thing." Sad to hear for such a warrior, but his demise is also a reflection of the Eagles, the rest of the way: Respectable, but not enough.

NY
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Atlanta W - Bye Week came at a great time & ATL is reelin'.
12 Thu, Nov 26 @ Denver W - No Orton, no win. A team that loses to WAS should be ashamed.
13 Sun, Dec 6 vs Dallas L - Split the series prediction.
14 Sun, Dec 13 vs Philadelphia W - Philly is on the road for a 2nd week in a row and IN New York.
15 Mon, Dec 21 @ Washington W - A gimme.
16 Sun, Dec 27 vs Carolina W - This is a tough tough match, but Carolina's RBs could be beat up by now.
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Minnesota W - A gimme as Minnesota rests it's stars for the playoffs.

In this scenario, NYG finish the season strong going 6-1 and finishing 11-5. I think that is a possibility, but the Giants will have to work hard for it to happen. It could easily go south, but I sense them being more healthy than they were to start the season. They are getting healthy, while everyone else is getting hurt. Predicting them to make a big time comeback finishing the season as NFC East Champs or Wild Card winners. 10-6 still gets them in.

Coaching. The Andy Reid hot seat is burning and Philly fans are back to their normal, "Get that guy outta here" mood. It doesn't matter who that guy is.... There is always someone that Philly fans want to blame. It's just a natural feeling that puts them at ease. Maybe it's time for Reid to focus on loosing weight, family, giving up coaching and try GM'ing as a full time gig.

The new DC *name escapes me* seems to be on the right track, but it still is just his first season behind the reigns. JJ RIP. You are missed.

Homefield Disadvantage. Now, I'm not saying that the Eagles have a Homefield Disadvantage and will lose at home. Because if they do, then they are toast. Week 17 won't even matter if that's the case. I actually have the Eagles winning the rest of thier home games. But this is what I am getting at. Going into Week 17 for the Eagles is a tough road. Of the 3 relevant NFC East teams, Philly has 4 out of the last 7 games on the road. Giants and Cowboys only have 3 out of the last 7 on the road. So they have the disadvantage of the number of home games left.

I'm sure in the next 2 weeks, I'll be blasted in this thread though because the Eagles will reel off 2 straight wins. Yeah... Chicago and Washington don't appear to be much of a fight. But come December, Philly will have it's hands full and if they go 2-3 the rest of the way, then they'll finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Atlanta (5-4) L - This is probably the most pivotal game for Philly the rest of the year. Win this and this post prediction could blow up.
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ NY Giants (5-4) L - Giants on the road? Not buying it.
15 Sun, Dec 20 vs San Francisco (4-5) W - A good win at home.
16 Sun, Dec 27 vs Denver (6-3) W - Orton may be out as well as Denver's chances of making the playoffs.
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Dallas (6-3) L - Riding a 2 game winning streak will give the Eagles confidence, but it's not going to happen again. Stealing a line from Creek's sig, "This is our year!" :D I miss that guy.

9-7 is a respectable season, but ultimately leave the Eagles at home in the playoffs.

Rosebud
11-17-2009, 04:40 AM
I think you're counting Philly out way too soon. I don't think they can win a superbowl but even without westbrook that team could get to the playoffs and win a game or two. I think they can definitely beat the falcons, us again and the cowboys in a re-match, especially if you guys keep racking up injuries.

bigbluedefense
11-17-2009, 10:02 AM
I would love for this to be true, and you were dead on last time, but the only thing holding me back from agreeing is Philly ALWAYS finishes the season strong. Even when they have brutal schedules.

Reid has a great December record. So I can't count them out yet.

To me, theyre still the most talented team in the East on paper.

I love bold predictions ;)

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I would love for this to be true, and you were dead on last time, but the only thing holding me back from agreeing is Philly ALWAYS finishes the season strong. Even when they have brutal schedules.

Reid has a great December record. So I can't count them out yet.

To me, theyre still the most talented team in the East on paper.

I love bold predictions ;)
No doubt, Philly has a tradition of finishing out strong, but they are lacking some things this year that they usually have had in the past.

1) Leadership - Starting from the man... Jim Johnson. He was a master coordinator with the experience to know what to do in all situations. That expertise is now gone. Coach Reid has lost a confidant and the truth is that he's made some questionable game time decisions and has uncharacteristically mismanaged the game clock in JJ's absence. While I'm just taking a guess on how much of a factor JJ is in all of that, the fact remains that Reid has not looked like a genius this year.

Gone are Philly icons Brian Dawkins and Tra Thomas. Big time force, Shawn Bradley was lost before the season started. Brian Westbrook sits on the sidelines and while sideline cheerleading is nice, it's not the same kind of leadership he could provide on the field. Sheldon Brown suffered a hamstring injury and is out for this weekend's game. We all know hammys tend to linger, so I'm doubtful he'll ever be 100% the rest of the year. Ellis Hobbs is on IR. Asante Samuel plays like a scared cat in run support ever since his concussion. Jason Peters missed last week's game with swelling in his sprained ankle. Kevin Curtis has surgery on his knee last month. Akeem Jordan missed the SD game with a hyperextended knee. That was an ugly injury to watch. Ouch. Jeremiah Trotter is a vocal leader, but a liability on the field. So much so, that OLB Chris Gocong was tried at MLB, so there is a lot of shuffling and new position learning going on. The Eagles have managed to keep a winning record this far into the season, but if they are counting for history to be on their side, then they may be mistaken considering how many pieces of their history are either gone or hurt.

2) Lack of Quality Wins - Out side of beating a banged up Giants team, the Eagles have wins against Carolina (who was horrendous to start the season), Kansas City, Tampa Bay, and Washington. Those are all weak wins. Add that they lost to the Raiders and got blown out by New Orleans, lost to Dallas at home.... This ain't the typical Philly team of yester-year.

3) Terrible Red Zone offense - Opponents Red Zone defense is simple. Shutdown Celek and you keep them from scoring TDs 95% of the time. Desean and Maclin are not red zone targets. They are deep threats, but don't have the size to match up well in the endzone. Westbrook is out of the picture and McCoy hasn't established himself as a tough inside runner. A lot of times he bounces outside and when you're in the red zone, you need to go more North-South and less East-West. 6 FGs to 3 TDs in the last 2 games.

Giantsfan1080
11-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Just like the Giants the biggest problem for the Eagles is their red zone offense.

Thumper
11-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Hmm.. Okay.. You should re-title this to something Cowboys related because this just seems like an opportunity to brag.

First, Dallas always has a December slump and I see no evidence pointing to them not having one. The Eagles on the other hand are in familiar territory, they always start of this way, in fact if you look back a majority of Eagles teams are 5-4 at this point and they always finish strong.

Also you seem to take the most negative stance you can on the Eagles, I know you hate them but come on. You think the Cowboys are finishing 12-4 now that is homer, in fact you only have them losing one game for the remainder of the season, not happening and I'm surprised no one has called you on it yet. I doubt the Cowboys win against the Chargers, Eagles, Giants and Saints all are losable games for the Cowboys who always have a December collapse. In fact I highly doubt they beat the Chargers, Eagles and Giants just because all 3 of those teams have a pension for finishing strong while the Cowboys finish weak. And again, I guarantee that the Eagles win in week 17, they'll split the series as they always do and I'd like to point of that revengance isn't a word, it is either vengeance or revenge, not both.

And on to your second post:
Leadership = clock management? and Jim Johnson was responsible for clock management? You're waayy off there, JJ had nothing to do with clock management and Andy has always been an idiot with clock management, nothing new.

And I hate to break it to you but the Eagles did a more than adequate job of replacing Tra Thomas, Jason Peters is in and has been brilliant aside from the Giants game and as you have seen for yourself, he is incredibly tough and finished the game with his ankle injury and shut out the game's best 3-4 OLB. And Brian Dawkins was replaced by Macho Harris and Sean Jones, hardly big names but replacing his leadership has been up to Asante Samuel (who is a very vocal leader and well respected in the locker room), Quintin Mikell and Sheldon Brown, three veteran backs who are great leaders, sure they aren't crazy like Dawkins was but they are great leaders, in fact Asante Samuel played a large role in the development of DeSean Jackson, in his rookie season he told DeSean what players would try to do to him and challenged him every play and the two are close friends off the field now, Sheldon Brown leads by example, he tells you how it is and that is it, no fluff and he is very well respected because he is one of the best tackling corners in the NFL and he is one of the best man to man corners in the NFL and Quintin Mikell is widely considered the leader of the defense as he is the player who actually has the headset on and he does a lot of things for the defense.

And you again are being too negative, yes Stewart Bradley is gone but what you fail to mention is the fact that Will Witherspoon is now in his spot and is doing a better job than he did last season. Brian Westbrook isn't as big a loss as you make it, he has been very ineffective and in 3 starts, LeSean McCoy has 300 yards (all purpose), 2 touchdowns and is averaging 5.7 yards a touch and when you toss in Leonard Weaver, the Eagles have prepared for the loss of Westbrook. Asante Samuel never had a concussion, Akeem Jordan is coming back. And, did you really just cite Kevin Curtis as a loss? He hasn't done anything for nearly 2 seasons and is clearly a worse option than Maclin and Avant at X and Y receiver spots. Gocong is moving back to SLB with Jordan coming back and Witherspoon is moving back inside. Trotter is only a locker room guy now that helps teach everyone.

And lack of quality wins? You must have forgotten who the Cowboys have their victories against, the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Carolina, Seattle and Atlanta, hardly a tough stretch and that Eagles game is looking less and less impressive. Don't fault the Eagles for that, you're in the same boat.

And while you're right about red-zone offens being a problem the reasoning is bad, you seem to equate size with being a red-zone target when in reality the best thing in red-zone is having the ability to create seperation and Maclin, Jackson and Celek are all capable of doing that it is just a matter of play calling. Also Maclin isn't just a deep threat and neither is Jackson, they're quite good at it but both are adept at dink and dunk routes as well.

Sniper
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ NY Giants (5-4) L - Giants on the road? Not buying it.

Me neither. The Eagles never win at Giants Stadium. It's not like they've won there two straight, including a playoff win or anything.

Giantsfan1080
11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Jackson is not a red zone threat. He has 1 catch for 4 yards in the Red Zone this year. He didn't score a TD on that play either.

Sniper
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Coaching. The Andy Reid hot seat is burning

I also predicted 9-7, but you're awfully good at saying dumb things to get the pot stirred up. As much as I'd like the hot seat to be burning, Philly's FO is in talks with Reid to extend his contract.

It doesn't matter who that guy is.... There is always someone that Philly fans want to blame. It's just a natural feeling that puts them at ease.

If someone's not winning with that talent base, there's reason for blame.

The new DC *name escapes me* seems to be on the right track, but it still is just his first season behind the reigns. JJ RIP. You are missed.

I'm sure in the next 2 weeks, I'll be blasted in this thread though because the Eagles will reel off 2 straight wins. Yeah... Chicago and Washington don't appear to be much of a fight. But come December, Philly will have it's hands full and if they go 2-3 the rest of the way, then they'll finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

They'll lose to Chicago.

17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Dallas (6-3) L - Riding a 2 game winning streak will give the Eagles confidence, but it's not going to happen again. Stealing a line from Creek's sig, "This is our year!" :D I miss that guy.

Didn't we hear this last year before the jailsexing occured?

9-7 is a respectable season

It's not.

but ultimately leave the Eagles at home in the playoffs.

Agreed.

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Hmm.. Okay.. You should re-title this to something Cowboys related because this just seems like an opportunity to brag.

First, Dallas always has a December slump and I see no evidence pointing to them not having one. The Eagles on the other hand are in familiar territory, they always start of this way, in fact if you look back a majority of Eagles teams are 5-4 at this point and they always finish strong.

Basing your logic on history is a mistake. Plain and simple.

Also you seem to take the most negative stance you can on the Eagles, I know you hate them but come on. You think the Cowboys are finishing 12-4 now that is homer, in fact you only have them losing one game for the remainder of the season, not happening and I'm surprised no one has called you on it yet. I doubt the Cowboys win against the Chargers, Eagles, Giants and Saints all are losable games for the Cowboys who always have a December collapse. In fact I highly doubt they beat the Chargers, Eagles and Giants just because all 3 of those teams have a pension for finishing strong while the Cowboys finish weak. And again, I guarantee that the Eagles win in week 17, they'll split the series as they always do and I'd like to point of that revengance isn't a word, it is either vengeance or revenge, not both.

Yup 12-4 is homer, I labeled myself one in that prediction. Doesn't mean it's not possible. Also, I said Dallas might lose 2 games. But that still leaves them at 11-5. Say they lose 3... 10-6 still gets them in the playoffs. So you see... Dallas would have to lose 4 out of the next 7 games to miss the playoffs. With 2 games against Washington and 1 against the Raiders... I'm not bragging... but if you're telling me history says the Cowboys will slump, that's just not good enough substance.

And on to your second post:
Leadership = clock management? and Jim Johnson was responsible for clock management? You're waayy off there, JJ had nothing to do with clock management and Andy has always been an idiot with clock management, nothing new.

If you have a leader with bad clock management, you think that's not a bad sign of leadership? OK, I never said JJ was in charge of clock management. Stop reaching. If I'm wrong about JJ ever telling Andy that he doesn't need to go for it on 4th down and to just let the D handle the situation on the field, then I guess I'm wrong. I'll say that I'm wrong and I'll just call Andy an idiot for not leaning on JJ for in game suggestions like that.

And I hate to break it to you but the Eagles did a more than adequate job of replacing Tra Thomas, Jason Peters is in and has been brilliant aside from the Giants game and as you have seen for yourself, he is incredibly tough and finished the game with his ankle injury and shut out the game's best 3-4 OLB. And Brian Dawkins was replaced by Macho Harris and Sean Jones, hardly big names but replacing his leadership has been up to Asante Samuel (who is a very vocal leader and well respected in the locker room), Quintin Mikell and Sheldon Brown, three veteran backs who are great leaders, sure they aren't crazy like Dawkins was but they are great leaders, in fact Asante Samuel played a large role in the development of DeSean Jackson, in his rookie season he told DeSean what players would try to do to him and challenged him every play and the two are close friends off the field now, Sheldon Brown leads by example, he tells you how it is and that is it, no fluff and he is very well respected because he is one of the best tackling corners in the NFL and he is one of the best man to man corners in the NFL and Quintin Mikell is widely considered the leader of the defense as he is the player who actually has the headset on and he does a lot of things for the defense.

And you again are being too negative, yes Stewart Bradley is gone but what you fail to mention is the fact that Will Witherspoon is now in his spot and is doing a better job than he did last season. Brian Westbrook isn't as big a loss as you make it, he has been very ineffective and in 3 starts, LeSean McCoy has 300 yards (all purpose), 2 touchdowns and is averaging 5.7 yards a touch and when you toss in Leonard Weaver, the Eagles have prepared for the loss of Westbrook. Asante Samuel never had a concussion, Akeem Jordan is coming back. And, did you really just cite Kevin Curtis as a loss? He hasn't done anything for nearly 2 seasons and is clearly a worse option than Maclin and Avant at X and Y receiver spots. Gocong is moving back to SLB with Jordan coming back and Witherspoon is moving back inside. Trotter is only a locker room guy now that helps teach everyone.

Umm... I never said Jason Peters was a problem. I said his injury is. Tra Thomas was a leader for the Eagles for a long time. As was Dawkins... I'm sure you have leadership this year. Guys step up all the time. However, the caliber of leadership isn't the same. Saying this, "Brian Westbrook isn't as big a loss as you make it" is disrespectful and untrue. You'd LOVE to have him back... ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO. ...and you call me negative? If Asante never had a concussion, then maybe I just overrated his tackling, because what I've been witnessing is a guy choosing not to get involved.

And lack of quality wins? You must have forgotten who the Cowboys have their victories against, the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Carolina, Seattle and Atlanta, hardly a tough stretch and that Eagles game is looking less and less impressive. Don't fault the Eagles for that, you're in the same boat.

Justifying it by looking at someone else doesn't help. The quality of wins is still weak.

And while you're right about red-zone offens being a problem the reasoning is bad, you seem to equate size with being a red-zone target when in reality the best thing in red-zone is having the ability to create seperation and Maclin, Jackson and Celek are all capable of doing that it is just a matter of play calling. Also Maclin isn't just a deep threat and neither is Jackson, they're quite good at it but both are adept at dink and dunk routes as well.

I'll give in and say Maclin is a better redzone receiver than Desean, but you're wrong. You need to have a big WR target to do damage in the endzone. Spacing? Spacing is so much more limited in the endzone. That is why your speedy WRs aren't as effective. The have the ability to separate when the field is long, but when you shorten it up, it becomes more difficult for them. Then we hear guys say what you just said... blame the playcalling. Of course playcalling is an issue. You have limited plays to call based on your personnel. You don't have a RB that hits the hole hard. You don't have a big WR. ...and you wonder why it's tough to get TDs in the redzone? You underestimate Westbrook's loss and his impact in the redzone. He was a redzone killer. An absolute headache for us all these years. Totally opened up your playbook down there. Look at what your coach has to work with before you simply blame everything on him.

Responses in bold.

But hey.... If I'm wrong and you're right, then I'll be here to eat my crow knowing full well, that you won't. I know you like your excuses. ;)

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I also predicted 9-7, but you're awfully good at saying dumb things to get the pot stirred up. As much as I'd like the hot seat to be burning, Philly's FO is in talks with Reid to extend his contract.

Which is actually a good thing. Andy Reid is like Bill Cowher. Too good to let go or find too much blame in. Reid will be around as long as he wants to.

If someone's not winning with that talent base, there's reason for blame.

Blame execution.

They'll lose to Chicago.

Yikes. You won't get to 9-7 if you do.

Didn't we hear this last year before the jailsexing occured?

Actually, I didn't have much confidence going into Philly last year. Hopeful? Yes. Certain? Nope.

It's not.

Agreed.
There's my responses. Good convo.

superman8456
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
This has to be a joke with the "we dont play well in cold weather" excuses. Quite pathetic if you ask me, but I'm just one man.

Very bold predictions for a team that hasnt done jack **** the past decade. You're just setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Calling out Asante Samuels tackling is absolutely fine with me. I know he isnt a great tackler, but I've seen him stick some people a couple of times anyway. As long as he is doing what he gets paid to do, which is make big plays when the ball is in the air, then Im all for his poor tackling.

Dont quite understand how saying Westbrook is not that big of a loss is "disrespectful" when hes been a non factor thus far t his season. I also dont understand how it relates to us wanting him back. I think you misunderstand that we would like to have the Brian Westbrook that is a consistent playmaker and just flat out animal, with the current injury prone one.

I also have trouble with the fact that you think we've played absolutely nobody, when the Cowboys have played a cupcake schedule thus far.

Havent really heard any Eagles fans calling for Andy Reid's head? Nice try though. I can throw out random **** about the Cowboys and see if it sticks.

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 07:31 PM
This has to be a joke with the "we dont play well in cold weather" excuses. Quite pathetic if you ask me, but I'm just one man.

Very bold predictions for a team that hasnt done jack **** the past decade. You're just setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Calling out Asante Samuels tackling is absolutely fine with me. I know he isnt a great tackler, but I've seen him stick some people a couple of times anyway. As long as he is doing what he gets paid to do, which is make big plays when the ball is in the air, then Im all for his poor tackling.

Dont quite understand how saying Westbrook is not that big of a loss is "disrespectful" when hes been a non factor thus far t his season. I also dont understand how it relates to us wanting him back. I think you misunderstand that we would like to have the Brian Westbrook that is a consistent playmaker and just flat out animal, with the current injury prone one.

I also have trouble with the fact that you think we've played absolutely nobody, when the Cowboys have played a cupcake schedule thus far.
I dunno if it's a joke, because I sure don't think it's funny watching them struggle in cold weather. As if our past December slumps aren't a telling sign... Garrett loves to pass. Passing is not ideal in cold weather. Is it that hard to grasp? Only reason why I don't see as tough a December is because we play 2 away games in the cold. One against NY (which I mentioned, we could lose) and one in Washington. Keep us away from the cold and we've got a fighting chance.

...and yes. We haven't done jack in the last decade... when it comes to the playoffs. I haven't said anything about playoff predictions. But getting there hasn't really been that difficult. Parcells took us there with Quincy Carter. Then he had his typical 2nd year slump and then Romo has taken us 2 out of his 3 years as starter. Even has an NFC East Division Champ under his belt. This is his 4th year. I like our chances with this team.

Westbrook is a loss even if it didn't appear like he was putting up gaudy stats. Fact of the matter is that he must be accountable and that opens things up for others. He's arguably more important to you guys than McNabb. Look at the difference. 2-1 w/out McNabb. 1-2 w/out Westbrook. Playbook is the same w/out McNabb. Playbook is different w/out Westbrook.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Dallas
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Washington W - A Gimme.

Just thank the good Lord Chris Simms is not your backup QB.

MidwayMonster31
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
At least you're not worried about possibly having to see Caleb Hanie on Sunday night, with Philly's defense needing to come out swinging after last week.

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
I was pretty happy when Jerry traded Anthony Henry for Jon Kitna.

What happened to Cutler???

Non-NFC East fans, feel free to comment.

Sniper
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Look at the difference. 2-1 w/out McNabb. 1-2 w/out Westbrook.

Mighty convenient for your argument to show that one of the games without McNabb was against the Chiefs.

LonghornsLegend
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM

Do you guys ever read post here and try to take them seriously, or do you just see which team the poster roots for and if he says anything positive about his team correlate the two and assume he's bragging or a homer.

Why should he retitle this to something Cowboy related when he clearly talked about the 3 top teams in the division at length? You don't have to agree with it, but always resorting to calling someone a homer is a lazy argument.

He has to live with the aftermath of if his prediction blows up in this face everyone can run in here and point and laugh or do whatever it is they want to do, but I hardly see why this should be titled something Cowboy related.

MidwayMonster31
11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I was pretty happy when Jerry traded Anthony Henry for Jon Kitna.

What happened to Cutler???

Non-NFC East fans, feel free to comment.Forgot a word. I meant possibly having to see Hanie. The reason being that Cutler is going to get clobbered with our offensive line and the Eagles blitzing.

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Mighty convenient for your argument to show that one of the games without McNabb was against the Chiefs.
Well... it is a small sample size, I admit. I'm more interested to know what you think. Bigger impact? McNabb or Westbrook?

Sniper
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Well... it is a small sample size, I admit. I'm more interested to know what you think. Bigger impact? McNabb or Westbrook?

Probably McNabb. Everything runs through the QB, especially in this offense. I've just come to expect very little from Westbrook. He has no burst, quickness or speed left.

D-Unit
11-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Probably McNabb. Everything runs through the QB, especially in this offense. I've just come to expect very little from Westbrook. He has no burst, quickness or speed left.
I could be wrong, but I thought Kolb looked pretty impressive in the time he had. At least you had your full playbook open.

I can't always trust you guys. You said Dawkins was washed up when he left Philly. He's been a big part of the turnaround of the Denver D.

bigbluedefense
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
D has made a pretty damn convincing argument. For the Giants sake, I hope he's right, bc I do NOT want to see the Eagles in the postseason if we make it to the playoffs.

2 teams I fear in the playoffs are the Saints and Eagles. Maybe the Vikings, but I think we can handle the Vikings if healthy.

Auron
11-17-2009, 10:08 PM
The Eagles do scare me a bit.. well you just don't know which team you are going to get.

When that Offense is clicking they are deadly. DeSean Jackson, and Maclin can make Game changing explosive plays, while their Backs can also generate big gains from the screen game if they catch you off guard in a pressure look...

but when they can't get the big play going, they struggle to sustain and build multiple play drives... and generally have issues in short yardage.

I think they have a tough road to climb, as their Line backing core is completely decimated, and they have been having health issues along the Offensive line all year.. but if they do find a way to get in, I can see them knocking a few teams out.

The team that worries me the most in the NFC is actually Minnesota... despite the talk Favre hasn't really shown any signs of a late season breakdown... and they have conserved Peterson and kept him fresh for the the stretch run. Defensively when they get Winfield back I just see them as being very hard to beat even when your team has a good day.

Thumper
11-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Okay lets just agree to disagree on the whole using the past to try and predict the future, I think it does and you don't and I don't think any opinions are going to be changed. Regardless when there is a pattern IMO it should at least hold some weight and Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys are one of the worst teams in December and January while the Eagles are typically one of the best. And, the Eagles and Cowboys are 4-4 the past 4 seasons, so I think the series will split again this season, because as usual the Cowboys start hot and end cold and the Eagles start cold and end hot. Clearly there is a pattern.

If you want to cite the Eagles for losing leadership, I would say that losing Jon Runyan and Brian Westbrook is more harmful than losing Brian Dawkins and Tra Thomas, there is plenty of leadership to go around on the defense with Trent Cole, Brodrick Bunkley, Asante Samuel, Sheldon Brown and Quintin Mikell and losing a limited Brian Dawkins isn't as hurtful as many might think. Jon Runyan was the leader of the Eagles offensive line, not Tra Thomas, Jon was the guy who set the tone with his angry play, veteran savvy and toughness, Thomas was a nice veteran guy but I doubt anyone in the Eagles locker room would say he had a bigger impact than Tra.

And I don't miss Westbrook, he had a nice career but he is useless and injury prone now and Shady McCoy does all the things he does already. Do I want the old Westbrook back? Yes. Do I miss the new Westbrook? Absolutely not. I think Westbrook should retire.

Asante can stick some people when he wants to, but other than that he wants absolutely no part in tackling and has stated publicly that tackling isn't what he is paid to do.

The Cowboys have just as many cupcake wins as the Eagles do, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'm right, I wish I could find the article but I read an article about the most effective red-zone receivers and not one of them was over 6'. Why because like you said the field shrinks and a receiver has less and less room to separate and having receivers that have the ability to separate are more effective than the big receiver that can't separate in tight spaces. In the red-zone people think about size and power when in reality it is all about quickness, the ability to create space in crowded areas, execution and route running. The only time a big receiver is more useful than small ones is on a fade route.

And yes, Brian Westbrook was a red-zone machine but the combination of LeSean McCoy, Leonard Weaver, Brent Celek, Jason Avant, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin is better than Westbrook alone. The Eagles aren't reliant on Westbrook, they've gathered skill position talent and prepared for his departure because based on the last 2-3 seasons it became obvious that Westbrook wasn't going to last much longer and look, they were right. I think the real red-zone problem is that the Eagles run game gets stuffed in the red-zone because the offensive line can't get a push, Nick Cole and Winston Justice is probably one of the worst right sides in all of the NFL and I'd like to thank Shawn Andrews for leaving the Eagles in such a precarious situation, Shawn dominated defensive linemen and the Eagles running game significantly suffers without him, that and the loss of Jon Runyan who like Shawn was a physical presence in the run game who created holes.

I think you're right btw, but I think you're going about it the wrong way because the way your spinning it is that the Eagles are a less talented team and that simply isn't true, they're probably the most talented team in terms of raw talent in the NFL and Andy Reid can't figure out how to use it correctly. Andy Reid is going to be the downfall of the team, not the players or injuries on it because Andy Reid can't manage the clock, can't make decisions, has no feel for the game, can't make adjustments, his offensive staff won't call run plays and he is just too damn stubborn, he refuses to run the ball even when running the ball is clearly working, the Eagles in terms of yardage are 23rd in the NFL in running the ball but if you look at their YPC they're in the top 10, clearly running the ball is working when it is called but Andy Reid absolutely refuses to use it. Andy lacks the patience to run the ball consistently, instead he would rather throw the ball 56 times against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, idiot.

D-Unit
11-18-2009, 06:51 AM
On my iPhone so I'll be brief. No where did I spin anything about the Eagles having inferior talent. Ok, have a nice day. :)

Sniper
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought Kolb looked pretty impressive in the time he had. At least you had your full playbook open.

I can't always trust you guys. You said Dawkins was washed up when he left Philly. He's been a big part of the turnaround of the Denver D.

I never said he was washed up. I just said his role changed dramatically from a coverage FS to a LOS SS. His coverage isn't anywhere near where it used to be.

LonghornsLegend
11-18-2009, 08:12 PM
D has made a pretty damn convincing argument. For the Giants sake, I hope he's right, bc I do NOT want to see the Eagles in the postseason if we make it to the playoffs.

We can almost guarantee there will be at least one NFC east matchup in the playoffs again this year, seems like it always happens and for that reason is why I never feel good about sweeping an NFC east team during the regular season because we know how hard that is to do 3 times.

D-Unit
11-24-2009, 07:08 PM
One week down. Prediction in check.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
One week down. Prediction in check.

Two weeks down. Prediction looking shaky. Week 14 is shaping up to be a huge game with big playoff implications.

superman8456
11-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Two weeks down. Prediction looking shaky. Week 14 is shaping up to be a huge game with big playoff implications.

Eagles going up against a Falcons team that might be without Matt Ryan and Michael Turner.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Actually, I said you'd win these last 2 games. ;)

The way the Giants are looking though, they are making me look bad. LOL.

Thumper
11-30-2009, 04:25 PM
This prediction is skating on thin Ice, your main point was how the Giants would come back and how injuries were piling up for the Eagles (mainly Westbrook). But the Giants have for some reason or another just hit a brick wall that they can't get over and the Cowboys have struggled 2 of the last 3 weeks.

And like I tried to tell you earlier in this thread Westbrook is hardly as important as he used to be, in the 5 games Westy has missed LeSean McCoy has rushed for 395 yards at an average of 4.8 YPC and has collected 105 receiving yards at 8.75 yards a catch, that is 500 all purpose yards in 5 games and he has scored 3 times and converted a 2 point conversion. And Leonard Weaver has 161 rushing yards at 6.44 YPC and he has a TD as well. When you look at the duo that has been responsible for replacing Westbrook they've rushed for 556 yards and 4 touchdowns in 5 games without Westbrook. They're not really missing him, in fact in games where Westbrook doesn't play the Eagles are 4-1.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Actually, I said you'd win these last 2 games. ;)

The way the Giants are looking though, they are making me look bad. LOL.

Yeah that's more what I was referring to lol. To be fair you thought Orton would be out so that does change a lot.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
This prediction is skating on thin Ice, your main point was how the Giants would come back and how injuries were piling up for the Eagles (mainly Westbrook). But the Giants have for some reason or another just hit a brick wall that they can't get over and the Cowboys have struggled 2 of the last 3 weeks.

And like I tried to tell you earlier in this thread Westbrook is hardly as important as he used to be, in the 5 games Westy has missed LeSean McCoy has rushed for 395 yards at an average of 4.8 YPC and has collected 105 receiving yards at 8.75 yards a catch, that is 500 all purpose yards in 5 games and he has scored 3 times and converted a 2 point conversion. And Leonard Weaver has 161 rushing yards at 6.44 YPC and he has a TD as well. When you look at the duo that has been responsible for replacing Westbrook they've rushed for 556 yards and 4 touchdowns in 5 games without Westbrook. They're not really missing him, in fact in games where Westbrook doesn't play the Eagles are 4-1.
Don't worry about it man. The Giants ran into a tough Denver team, but they might beat the Cowboys and that wouldn't surprise a smart man. Then that wall you speak of is all of a sudden not such a wall after all. 2-1 after the bye? I'm more worried about Eli's injury.

Regardless, this isn't about the Giants anyway. They could miss the playoffs and it still wouldn't have much to do about this thread since this is about the Eagles finishing 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

Thumper
11-30-2009, 06:21 PM
My money is on the Eagles closing the season 4-1 (wins against the Falcons, Broncos, 49ers and Cowboys loss to the Giants) and the Cowboys finishing 2-3 (with losses to the Saints, Chargers and Eagles wins against Redskins and Giants). The Eagles stretch run is easier than the Cowboys stretch run IMO because they have to go against 5 very tough teams

Obviously the week 17 game is going to be very important because the Eagles and Cowboys could both easily be heading into that game with 11-4 records.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 06:32 PM
My money is on the Eagles closing the season 4-1 (wins against the Falcons, Broncos, 49ers and Cowboys loss to the Giants) and the Cowboys finishing 2-3 (with losses to the Saints, Chargers and Eagles wins against Redskins and Giants). The Eagles stretch run is easier than the Cowboys stretch run IMO because they have to go against 5 very tough teams

Obviously the week 17 game is going to be very important because the Eagles and Cowboys could both easily be heading into that game with 11-4 records.
Desean Jackson can't afford any more tough hits. Sad to see for such a young player, but his size was always a concern anyways, so it's not surprising. He's not built to go across the middle. Keeping him healthy is a MUST if you plan on going 4-1.

You WILL NOT be 11-4 heading into the Cowboys game. You WILL NOT!

superman8456
11-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Desean Jackson can't afford any more tough hits. Sad to see for such a young player, but his size was always a concern anyways, so it's not surprising. He's not built to go across the middle. Keeping him healthy is a MUST if you plan on going 4-1.

He hasnt missed a game yet in his career and has shown to be extremely durable for his lack of "size". I think he will be fine and his career is not in peril.

11-4 is definitely in reach for this Eagles team. I would mark San Francisco and Falcons down as both wins right now.

Thumper
11-30-2009, 06:52 PM
you never know, with games against Falcons (without Ryan or Turner), 49ers, Broncos and Giants a 4-0 run isn't that crazy, especially considering this is the time of year the Eagles always get hot.

And I knew someone was going to fault DeSean Jackson for getting hurt... He has went over the middle for 2 seasons and has done just fine and he would have been just fine, in fact his frame took no damage from the hit by London Fletcher. His size has nothing to do with the fact that London Fletcher led with his helmet and concussed him, no matter what size the receiver is they would've been concussed with that helmet to helmet contact by Fletcher. And you act like he is done for the season, it was a very minor concussion and he might play against Atlanta and he will most definitely play against the Broncos.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 06:59 PM
you never know, with games against Falcons (without Ryan or Turner), 49ers, Broncos and Giants a 4-0 run isn't that crazy, especially considering this is the time of year the Eagles always get hot.

And I knew someone was going to fault DeSean Jackson for getting hurt... He has went over the middle for 2 seasons and has done just fine and he would have been just fine, in fact his frame took no damage from the hit by London Fletcher. His size has nothing to do with the fact that London Fletcher led with his helmet and concussed him, no matter what size the receiver is they would've been concussed with that helmet to helmet contact by Fletcher. And you act like he is done for the season, it was a very minor concussion and he might play against Atlanta and he will most definitely play against the Broncos.
A "minor" concussion is a concussion that happens to somebody else. If it happens to you, it ain't minor. LOL. Seriously though, he's too young to be experiencing concussions already. I hope he never has another one, but the reality is contrary to that.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
He hasnt missed a game yet in his career and has shown to be extremely durable for his lack of "size". I think he will be fine and his career is not in peril.

11-4 is definitely in reach for this Eagles team. I would mark San Francisco and Falcons down as both wins right now.
You barely squeezed out a win against the Redskins in your own house... Now you're chest bumping about how you have 4 straight wins lined up??? C'mon now.

I will agree that the Falcons and SF look beatable though. I didn't foresee Matt Ryan and Michael Turner not playing. That looks like it will change things.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-30-2009, 07:09 PM
You barely squeezed out a win against the Redskins in your own house... Now you're chest bumping about how you have 4 straight wins lined up??? C'mon now.

I will agree that the Falcons and SF look beatable though. I didn't foresee Matt Ryan and Michael Turner not playing. That looks like it will change things.

See: Cowboys/Redskins, week 11

superman8456
11-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Dont you feel the least bit hypocritical? I mean we won by more than 1 point, right?

Dallas still has at the Giants, at the Saints, and at the Redskins they have to go through, along with playing the seemingly hot Chargers.

Thumper
11-30-2009, 07:17 PM

Hey, a win is a win no matter what. This isn't the BCS, style points don't matter. The Eagles beat the Redskins and so did the Cowboys. And in case you forgot the Cowboys barely slipped out of their house with a win as well.

And we're not chest thumping, the Falcons are missing their best players and their secondary is awful, I think it is fair to assume that game is probably an Eagles win. The Broncos are a tough team but nothing the Eagles can't handle, that is going to be tough. The 49ers is a very winnable game. The Eagles have beaten the Giants three times in a row and they're a worse team than they were last season. The Cowboys game could definitely be winnable, the teams are very evenly matched and anyone could win that. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the Eagles could finish 5-0 but I doubt it, again I am more confident the Eagles can finish 4-1 with an 11-5 record rather than 5-0 with a 12-4 record which would probably take a ton of luck to beat all 5 of those teams in consecutive weeks.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Dallas still has at the Giants, at the Saints, and at the Redskins they have to go through, along with playing the seemingly hot Chargers.
No because Dallas only has to win 2 more games to make it to the playoffs. You guys need to win 3, and since I don't think you're winning in Dallas, that means you need to win 3 out of the next 4. ...with the next 2 on the road. Tough. 9-7 is your fate. Green Bay is taking the Wild card away from you.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 07:33 PM
See: Cowboys/Redskins, week 11
Exactly. We already broke their hearts before they got to you. Several Redskins players said that was the toughest loss they ever had. We broke them in half. You should've given them a worse beat down considering they were byside waste.

If I used your logic to compare wins, then what say you of the Raiders?

Todd Bertuzzi
11-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Exactly. We already broke their hearts before they got to you. Several Redskins players said that was the toughest loss they ever had. We broke them in half. You should've given them a worse beat down considering they were byside waste.

The point is that a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
The point is that a win is a win and a loss is a loss.
...and you have to admit. This thread helps make your season and this forum more fun to talk.

So you're welcome. :D

Thumper
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
No because Dallas only has to win 2 more games to make it to the playoffs. You guys need to win 3, and since I don't think you're winning in Dallas, that means you need to win 3 out of the next 4. ...with the next 2 on the road. Tough. 9-7 is your fate. Green Bay is taking the Wild card away from you.

Ummm... there are two wildcard teams and currently holding those spots are the 7-4 Eagles and the 7-4 Packers the teams behind them are the Falcons who are limping down the final stretch and the Giants who are rapidly sinking.

And you keep bringing up the whole road thing, but the Eagles play the Falcons who are missing Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and have an injured Jerious Norwood, Roddy White and Sam Baker. And the Eagles have won two straight at the meadowlands and the Eagles have won 3 straight against them. After that the Eagles play at home against the Broncos and 49ers and then they go down to Dallas for what could be the division title.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
...and you have to admit. This thread helps make your season and this forum more fun to talk.

So you're welcome. :D

It will be even more fun in week 17 when the Eagles beat the Cowboys and you are forced to eat crow! :D

Thumper
11-30-2009, 07:45 PM

Or perhaps it inspired them to do better against the Eagles...

And that Raiders game was a fluke, the Eagles win that match-up 9/10 times. They beat up on a mismatched offensive line that had King Dunlap playing 3/4 of the game at LT and Nick Cole playing LG (where is doesn't belong). Congrats to the Raiders but that wouldn't happen again.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Ummm... there are two wildcard teams and currently holding those spots are the 7-4 Eagles and the 7-4 Packers the teams behind them are the Falcons who are limping down the final stretch and the Giants who are rapidly sinking.

And you keep bringing up the whole road thing, but the Eagles play the Falcons who are missing Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and have an injured Jerious Norwood, Roddy White and Sam Baker. And the Eagles have won two straight at the meadowlands and the Eagles have won 3 straight against them. After that the Eagles play at home against the Broncos and 49ers and then they go down to Dallas for what could be the division title.
I dunno why I had that brain fart today. Yeah... if the Giants don't recupperate, then this thread = me fail.

BTW, the whole Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, Sam Baker thing is all new info from the time I made this thread. So you got a lucky there. I don't see you beating a heathy ATL club but that idea is gone to the waste side. I'll laugh if you lose to them now.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Or perhaps it inspired them to do better against the Eagles...

And that Raiders game was a fluke, the Eagles win that match-up 9/10 times. They beat up on a mismatched offensive line that had King Dunlap playing 3/4 of the game at LT and Nick Cole playing LG (where is doesn't belong). Congrats to the Raiders but that wouldn't happen again.
Please... at this point, there's no excuses. Bertuzzi said it best... A loss is a loss.

You may be playing a mismatched Atlanta team.... could we see another mishap???

Todd Bertuzzi
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I still blame that Raiders game on Antonio Pierce and that damn pigeon.

Thumper
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I'll laugh if you lose to them now.

I wouldn't... :(

But I'd expect a big day from the Eagles defense, I read today that Chris Redman has poor pocket awareness and that will be a huge problem against the Eagles and their constant blitzing and lets face it, the Bucs are not the greatest at collapsing a pocket or even rushing a passer so the Redman we saw last sunday will not be the one we see this Sunday.

Thumper
11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
I still blame that Raiders game on Antonio Pierce and that damn pigeon.

I second this notion.

Thumper
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Please... at this point, there's no excuses. Bertuzzi said it best... A loss is a loss.

You may be playing a mismatched Atlanta team.... could we see another mishap???

I totally agree, the Eagles have taken the hit and have moved on and it is a loss... oh well. All I'm saying is that the game was a fluke, a product of a bad day for Akers and a seriously deflated offensive line. A loss is a loss but that wouldn't happen again.

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
I totally agree, the Eagles have taken the hit and have moved on and it is a loss... oh well. All I'm saying is that the game was a fluke, a product of a bad day for Akers and a seriously deflated offensive line. A loss is a loss but that wouldn't happen again.
No it wasn't a fluke. You loss because you were not the better team that day. Just goes to show. In the NFL, anyone can beat anyone.

BaLLiN
11-30-2009, 10:01 PM
well the giants don't look like they'll be making the playoffs this season.

D-Unit
12-01-2009, 01:26 AM
well the giants don't look like they'll be making the playoffs this season.
If they beat the Cowboys (and I hope they don't) then you'll be back here taking those words back.

vikes_28
12-01-2009, 01:40 AM
I would be thrilled if the Eagles didn't make the playoffs.

BaLLiN
12-01-2009, 06:01 PM
If they beat the Cowboys (and I hope they don't) then you'll be back here taking those words back.

not to be insulting, but if that happened i really wouldn't. The cowboys have been very unimpressive this entire season. It takes them alot longer to put away games against teams even with a few wins.

The giants entire team looks dead. Our OL gets pushed back in the run game, running backs are injured, but werent really spectacular even when things were going well. Our DL gets no rush nor any push in the run game, our linebackers are missing for most of the game, our CB's do decently but are developing bad habits to compensate for the offense (going for picks to often) and safeties might as well be on the sidelines except for CC Brown and Rouse's efforts in the run game only.

Alot of them are playing injured (more than bruises) i presume, but our morale is 6 feet under.

D-Unit
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
not to be insulting, but if that happened i really wouldn't. The cowboys have been very unimpressive this entire season. It takes them alot longer to put away games against teams even with a few wins.

The giants entire team looks dead. Our OL gets pushed back in the run game, running backs are injured, but werent really spectacular even when things were going well. Our DL gets no rush nor any push in the run game, our linebackers are missing for most of the game, our CB's do decently but are developing bad habits to compensate for the offense (going for picks to often) and safeties might as well be on the sidelines except for CC Brown and Rouse's efforts in the run game only.

Alot of them are playing injured (more than bruises) i presume, but our morale is 6 feet under.
I notice the same thing with your morale. It's extremely down right now. This is a complete 180 from Giants teams of the past decade. You guys always had the leadership to lift up spirits. This Giants team seems to lack that lockerroom leaders that force others to pick their spirits up the same way as the leaders of the past did. Michael Strahan would never have allowed this. Nor would Tiki and Amani. I'd even include Shockey to a degree.

Supporting Caste
12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm entirely more concerned with the Eagles than I am the Giants. I don't quite understand this thread.

D-Unit
12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm entirely more concerned with the Eagles than I am the Giants. I don't quite understand this thread.
This was a bold statement made 3 weeks ago. Outside of the Giants losing to Denver, my assumptions have been correct. But you're right. The way the Giants are looking, my prediction could go to hell.

Sniper
12-06-2009, 02:47 PM
13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Atlanta (5-4) L - This is probably the most pivotal game for Philly the rest of the year. Win this and this post prediction could blow up.

Well, this was pivotal, and the Eagles got the win. To be fair to D, he probably didn't foresee the rash of injuries for the Falcons in his crystal ball.

D-Unit
12-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, this was pivotal, and the Eagles got the win. To be fair to D, he probably didn't foresee the rash of injuries for the Falcons in his crystal ball.
Yeah, but I'll own up cause it's looking more and more clear that I was wrong about the end result.

eaglesalltheway
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but I'll own up cause it's looking more and more clear that I was wrong about the end result.

Crow... nom nom nom nom nom, lol. Its not for certain, but yeah...

Todd Bertuzzi
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Things just got interesting. We could very well have three playoff teams from the NFC East when all is said and done.

Rosebud
12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Things just got interesting. We could very well have three playoff teams from the NFC East when all is said and done.

Having seen a lot of the packers that would not surprise me at all.

D-Unit
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Giants have just made up for last week's loss.

Innnnterrresssstingggg.

Thumper
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Giants have just made up for last week's loss.

Innnnterrresssstingggg.

Please tell me you're not trying to keep this prediction going... The Giants win and all is good? Not really sure how that happens, because the Eagles are 8-4 already with a win in Atlanta and they are tied with the Cowboys for the division lead. And you had the Cowboys winning that game and the Giants losing it, your prediction is way of track now.

Now all three variables in your prediction are wrong. Let me tell you my prediction for the last 1/4 of the season.

Eagles last 4 games:
@ NY Giants: W
SF 49ers: W
Den. Broncos: L
@ Dal. Cowboys: W

Final Record: 11-5

-Why? Andy Reid's teams ALWAYS get hot in December and lets face it, it wouldn't be impossible for the Eagles to run the table in the last 4 games, but I tried not to be too homer. The Eagles have won 2 straight at Giants stadium and what happened against the Falcons and Cowboys is not going to happen to the Eagles because the Eagles defense is better than both of them. The 49ers game is as much of a guarantee as there is in the NFL. The Eagles and Cowboys are 8-8 in the last 4 seasons, the Eagles have taken the past 2 December match-ups. The Eagles get hot in December the Cowboys cool off, just the way things are.

Giants last 4 games:
Phi. Eagles: L
@ Was. Redskins: W
Car. Panthers: W
@Min. Vikings: W

Final Record: 10-6

Why? The Giants have lost 3 straight to the Eagles, twice at home. The Redskins will give the Giants a run but as usual the Redskins will falter. The Giants will beat the Panthers, not really a question for me. The Vikings might be resting their starters so I'll just write that up as a win, plus even if all the starters play, Brett Favre might not play just because he is older and they might want to rest his arm for the playoffs. The Giants could also run the table, they like the Eagles tend to get hot when they're on the ropes and that is exactly what it looks like with a win over Dallas when Dallas had an opportunity to oust the Giants.

Cowboys last 4 games:
SD Chargers: L
@ NO Saints: L
@ Was. Redskins: W
Phi. Eagles: L

Final Record: 9-7

Why? The Cowboys have the misfortune of running up against 3 of the hottest teams in football, the Chargers have rattled off 7 straight wins and they look like a better team than the Cowboys. The Saints are undefeated and seem to have the Cowboys number. The Redskins will have the Cowboys on the ropes but yet again they will fail to deliver the knockout blow. And I already explained the Eagles win in the Eagles description.

Rosebud
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
I do feel good as a giants fan now, especially with Minnesota losing tonight. Even if the eagles beat us I think carolina and Washington are two games we should be able to win, which means we'll have to beat minnesota who very well might not have anything to play for and rest favre and some other key vets.

D-Unit
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Please tell me you're not trying to keep this prediction going... The Giants win and all is good? Not really sure how that happens, because the Eagles are 8-4 already with a win in Atlanta and they are tied with the Cowboys for the division lead. And you had the Cowboys winning that game and the Giants losing it, your prediction is way of track now.

Well, sorry to say to you. Whether I want it to be alive or not. It is.

The Giants winning yesterday was big. Why? Because now the Giants have the tie breaking lead over the Cowboys if they share the same record at the end of the year.

You can feel good about your Eagles team ripping 3 wins of crappy teams, but this week against the Giants will tell me a lot.

Also, the Eagles are NOT tied with the Cowboys for the division lead. Maybe in record, but not in technicality. Since we beat you, we've got that edge over you.

You guys could easily go 1-3 the rest of the season.

Eagles last 4 games:
@ NY Giants: L
@ Dal. Cowboys: L

So we will see... My prediction is still on track.

Sniper
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
You guys could easily go 1-3 the rest of the season.

Eagles last 4 games:
@ NY Giants: L
@ Dal. Cowboys: L

We could do a lot of things. We could go 4-0. We could go 0-4. You're just spinning the word "could" into whatever you want it to be.

D-Unit
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
We could do a lot of things. We could go 4-0. We could go 0-4. You're just spinning the word "could" into whatever you want it to be.
Fair enough. I'm game to watch it play out.

Sniper
12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Fair enough. I'm game to watch it play out.

You're good at what you do, D. It brings up good debates.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 11:36 AM
If GB lost, there wouldve been a legit chance that all 3 of our teams made the playoffs this year.

Now with GB winning, I think its not going to happen. 2 teams will make it though, with 1 missing out.

Its going to be an interesting end to the season. Our division is always the toughest in the league. If our teams didn't beat each other to death every season, just imagine how much more dominant this division would be.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I think we need Dallas to totally collapse. Losses to SD, NO, Philly would be very helpful.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I think we need Dallas to totally collapse. Lossed to SD, NO, Philly would be very helpful.

Realistically, its the best chance for the Giants to make the playoffs. I don't see us making the playoffs if the Cowboys don't choke December. We're the odd team out right now, so unless something gives, we're screwed.

Rosebud
12-08-2009, 12:21 PM
I still think the packers will choke, starting this week with a loss to the bears.

Damix
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Realistically, its the best chance for the Giants to make the playoffs. I don't see us making the playoffs if the Cowboys don't choke December. We're the odd team out right now, so unless something gives, we're screwed.

If we win out, we go to the playoffs. We'll have tie breakers over Philly if we win on Sunday (div record)

D-Unit
12-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Do the Giants have any kind of feelings of revenge after getting humiliated by the Eagles the first time around? Or are they sorta just waiting for another whipping?

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm sure they're not at Giants Stadium waiting for a whipping. They probabaly want revenge but they're not going to come out and say anything publically.

D-Unit
12-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Just sayin'... cause I think Washington really wants revenge on us and we really want revenge on Philly at the end of the year.

Sniper
12-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Just sayin'... cause I think Washington really wants revenge on us and we really want revenge on Philly at the end of the year.

I think you overestimate "revenge". Not that either team can't beat the ones that beat them before, but they're not going to try any harder because they lost the last one.

scottyboy
12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
The Giants need some (more) momentum. Seriously. Hopefully someone on the Eagles will say something dumb and outlandish. I used to be confident because Runyan would run his mouth and Strahan would pwn him. Who knows? Is Winston starting? Maybe that'll get Osi back on track

Sniper
12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
The Giants need some (more) momentum. Seriously. Hopefully someone on the Eagles will say something dumb and outlandish.

All we heard about before the first game was how mad the Giants were that McNabb picked up the phone on the sideline last year. Didn't really do much, did it? The Giants will win, but it won't be because they get mad at anything someone said.

Who knows? Is Winston starting? Maybe that'll get Osi back on track

Justice will be starting, but neither Umenyiora nor Tuck did anything worth a **** last time.

D-Unit
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I think you overestimate "revenge". Not that either team can't beat the ones that beat them before, but they're not going to try any harder because they lost the last one.
They may not think they're trying any less harder, but the want is more. That want can be used as powerful motivation. Good coaches use any kind of motivation possible. I'm a believer that players play better when motivated.

bigbluedefense
12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Us Giants fans need to let the whole Winston Justice thing go. He's been a great RT since that debacle against Osi.

He's starting to become the Tackle we all thought he'd be coming out.

I really hope the Giants keep the passing game short and intermediate. Eli can't throw the deep ball right now. Let's not be dumb and go Air Coryell on em when our qb can't throw it deep.

I just don't see us beating the Eagles though. To be fair, I have lost pretty much most of my confidence in the Giants. They are just not playing the way they should, and I just don't think of this current team in their current situation to be a very good team.

So I expect any good team we go against to beat us.

Thumper
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Can we agree this is done just on the basis that you completely swung and missed on the Cowboys portion of this prediction?

13 Sun, Dec 6 @ NY Giants W - Split the series prediction.
14 Sun, Dec 13 vs San Diego W - Home field advantage. Check.
15 Sat, Dec 19 @ New Orleans L - Both teams like to play indoors, but NOR has home field advantage.
16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Washington W - No December slump this year.
17 Sun, Jan 3 vs Philadelphia W - Revengance

Right now the Cowboys are again failing in December, 0-2 this season in December something is fundamentally wrong with the Dallas team if this is always happening. I think it is a mental thing now, before it was just a few unlucky Decembers but now it is a head game where once the Calender switches to December the team feels extra pressure.

And not only did the prediction miss in terms of Dallas but it has the potential to swing and miss on both the Giants and the Eagles, and I don't think potential is the right word because it probably will miss.

Props on the bold prediction and making the call last season but this one isn't on target.

/end beating a dead horse
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/imadansuer/sp.jpg

FreshBoy!
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Thread should be renamed to "Cowboys will not recover".

sad..

D-Unit
12-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Thread should be renamed to "Cowboys will not recover".

sad..
Recover? Wrong word.

Besides, Cowboys will still make the Cowboys, oh ye of little faith.

FreshBoy!
12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
surely there's some jest in the wording.

I have tons of faith! Probably the most optimistic boys fan here... I also know once the seeds of doubt are planted it becomes much harder to overcome. I was hoping the boys could win 3/5. Not looking that way heading into NO.

D-Unit
12-13-2009, 08:16 PM
surely there's some jest in the wording.

I have tons of faith! Probably the most optimistic boys fan here... I also know once the seeds of doubt are planted it becomes much harder to overcome. I was hoping the boys could win 3/5. Not looking that way heading into NO.
Actions speak louder than words. You're up and down depending on how well they're playing.

FreshBoy!
12-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Show me? Posting logically takes precedence over rooting emotionally.

*shrug*

Thumper
12-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Its dead, Eagles are 9-4 and in order to meet the 9-7 mark you predicted the Eagles would have to lose out which I doubt happens.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-13-2009, 11:06 PM
http://www.coffeytalk.com/games/animalspirits/animalspirits/images/crow.jpg

eat it

D-Unit
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM
http://www.coffeytalk.com/games/animalspirits/animalspirits/images/crow.jpg

eat it
Call me when you beat the 49ers. I said you'd finish 9-7 and I'm still not out of it. ;)

dpl85
12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks for jinxing us D lol.

eaglesalltheway
12-13-2009, 11:57 PM
The crow is being prepared... An appetizer of turd salad is on the table for your pleasure. ;)

D-Unit
12-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks for jinxing us D lol.
Hahaha. It's ALLL MEEEE!!!! Muwahahahaha!!!

LOL. Dallas wins 2 and they're in. Lock it up. @WAS and PHI at home. DONE.

Thumper
12-15-2009, 11:31 PM
So how many wins does Dallas have locked up now? 3 straight to close the season because now, you've said they're going to beat NO, WAS and Phi... Not likely I would put more money on them losing out than winning out, in fact I think that is far more likely.

And your prediction is going down this week, the 49ers are losing. I'd like to thank the scheduling gods who have made it so that the 49ers are on a short week and are traveling across the country.

Sniper
12-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Cowboys will still make the Cowboys

My mind...blown.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Eagles clinch, Cowboys and Packers(assuming they hold off the Steelers) with big wins as well. For all intensive purposes the Giants season is over. Let this thread be hereby known as the Giants vs. Eagles NFC East division championship battle.

eaglesalltheway
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM
D-Unit, could u make a thread named "The Eagles Will Not Win The Superbowl".

Kthnxbye

scottyboy
12-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Eagles clinch, Cowboys and Packers(assuming they hold off the Steelers) with big wins as well. For all intensive purposes the Giants season is over. Let this thread be hereby known as the Giants vs. Eagles NFC East division championship battle.

i could be wrong but can't the giants get the Wild Card if Dallas loses one game and we win out?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-20-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm hoping D makes a thread called "The Broncos will not recover." Also Eagles fans, we gonna beat you next week!!!

I hope.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
i could be wrong but can't the giants get the Wild Card if Dallas loses one game and we win out?

Nvm then. The Packers also lost so the Giants are still very much alive. The point is that the Eagles are in and D was wrong.

scottyboy
12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Nvm then. The Packers also lost so the Giants are still very much alive. The point is that the Eagles are in and D was wrong.

oh well duh. I knew the eagles were gonna make it. they always do. they're a beast in december and always scare me in the postseason

Giantsfan1080
12-20-2009, 07:19 PM
If we don't make the playoffs it will be Eli's first time as a starting QB to not make it.

D-Unit
12-20-2009, 07:31 PM
How would you like to spank me? :p

Sniper
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM

It can wait until the last game of the season. 44-6 Version 2.0 sounds nice. :D

Thumper
12-20-2009, 09:42 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Playoffs? Playoffs? You kiddin' me? Playoffs? Hell yes the playoffs, the Eagles are in, are currently sitting at 10-4 and this thread is duh-duh-dead! Playoffs here come the Eagles!

eaglesalltheway
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM

I'm definitely staying away, lol. Make that thread I asked for, and if for some crazy reason the Eagles would win it all, that'd be punishment enough for you, lol.

Thumper
12-21-2009, 01:34 PM
The Vikings might be resting their starters so I'll just write that up as a win, plus even if all the starters play, Brett Favre might not play just because he is older and they might want to rest his arm for the playoffs.

When I wrote that a few weeks back the Vikings were sitting pretty. Now... Not so much... Lets just say the Vikings aren't going to be sitting any starters in the final two games because if they lose just one game and the Eagles beat the Broncos and Cowboys the Eagles, the Eagles will have the first round bye.

D-Unit
12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
If we don't make the playoffs it will be Eli's first time as a starting QB to not make it.
Remind me what happened last year... I'm drawing a blank.

Thumper
12-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Remind me what happened last year... I'm drawing a blank.

OOooo! I know this one! They made the playoffs but lost to the Eagles.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 12:00 PM
For those that think that Revenge games don't exists...

It does for some...

"It's a big opportunity," cornerback Mike Jenkins said. "We can do something real big this week. Then again, it’s real personal. Last year, we went down there to try to get a playoff berth and we got embarrassed. It’s going to be real personal this week and real physical."

eaglesalltheway
12-28-2009, 05:47 PM
For those that think that Revenge games don't exists...

It does for some...

"It's a big opportunity," cornerback Mike Jenkins said. "We can do something real big this week. Then again, itís real personal. Last year, we went down there to try to get a playoff berth and we got embarrassed. Itís going to be real personal this week and real physical."

Not that I disagree with you, because I feel there definitely are revenge games, especially in the division, but these matchups are always just a little bit extra in terms of physicality and emotion, so I don't really know how much different it would be than any other game between these two.

Thumper
12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
And why the revenge doesn't matter? The Giants were hell bent on revenge both games this season (1st time for beating them in the playoffs and second time for blowing them out) and they won neither. Revenge = non factor.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Just because you want revenge doesn't mean you'll get it. I guess this went totally above your head.

Thumper
12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Just because you want revenge doesn't mean you'll get it. I guess this went totally above your head.

So if wanting revenge has no effect on the game why are you making posts like about how Mike Jenkins wants revenge? To prove it will be a hard hitting game? It is a divisional match-up for the divisional title and playoff seeding I knew it would be a hard hitting game. Apparently what I said went over your head, revenge has no effect on the outcome of games.

D-Unit
12-28-2009, 06:30 PM
So if wanting revenge has no effect on the game why are you making posts like about how Mike Jenkins wants revenge? To prove it will be a hard hitting game? It is a divisional match-up for the divisional title and playoff seeding I knew it would be a hard hitting game. Apparently what I said went over your head, revenge has no effect on the outcome of games.
Where did I say it had no effect on the game? Seems you're having a hard time interpreting. When I said that, even if you wanted revenge, doesn't mean you'll get it... I didn't mean it had no effect. It has an effect. A real effect. It's called motivation. A tool that is often used to pump teams up in all walks of sports. Haven't you felt that feeling while playing sports? How can you not understand then? Hasn't it caused you to play harder when you probably thought you were already playing hard? Hasn't it burned in your belly to want to win that much more? If your answers are no, then well... guess we're at a deadend.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 11:44 PM

http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/15813286.4.gif