PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Bowe suspended

T-RICH49
11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
4 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy just broke on ESPN.WONDER-FREAKING-FUL

TitanHope
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
It's for his eyesight... *cough*

BoneKrusher
11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
i didnt see this thread.

the mods can delete the one i posted in the Chiefs forum

man o man.

Splat
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo...

vidae
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
What the ****? I've never heard anything about him being connected to any kind of drug. Does it say what it was exactly?

SuperKevin
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Probably a situation like most people seem to be having. Took some supplements without carefully reading the ingredients

A Perfect Score
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
God ******* dammit. Hes on my fantasy team in my money league. I just lost Turner, now Bowe. Right in the middle of my playoff push. Ahhh.

LonghornsLegend
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Damn, this is unexpected. Hasn't been the best year for Bowe when I really thought he would take off in Haley's offense.

FUNBUNCHER
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Probably a situation like most people seem to be having. Took some supplements without carefully reading the ingredients

RIIIGHHHTT.

That's what happened.

The NFL gives these guys a list of preferred supplements every year so there's no reason to ingest contaminated products.

Dwayne got pinched, it's not the end of the world.

Not like the Chiefs were on the verge of a playoff run!!!:rolleyes:

vidae
11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Oh hey, the Chiefs are awful. We get it, but this goes beyond that. He has had a case of the drops but he was a bright spot on a team without bright spots.

Until I see he KNOWINGLY he took steroids, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he did it, he did it, but I never thought he was the kind of person to take steroids and until it's proved that he did I still won't.

FUNBUNCHER
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Taking steroids doesn't by definition make you a bad human being. Just means you made a really bad decision.

I still like Bowe as a player, but he needs to do it clean.

WMD
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
ESPN said it's because he used a diuretic to lose weight in training camp.

vidae
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
ESPN said it's because he used a diuretic to lose weight in training camp.

I could EASILY see that. Todd Haley wanted the team to lose weight across the board. It was still stupid, but I never thought he would take steroids.

If it's true, I wonder if he appeals like some others have recently.

Shiver
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
If your not cheating, your not trying.

yo123
11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Sweet. Now I have to start Donnie Avery. Thanks Dwayne.

WMD
11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
I could EASILY see that. Todd Haley wanted the team to lose weight across the board. It was still stupid, but I never thought he would take steroids.

If it's true, I wonder if he appeals like some others have recently.

"From what I gather," Schefter tweets, "Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was trying to lose weight in training camp and took a diuretic. Bowe found out about his suspension earlier this month and has decided not to appeal it. He knows those are battles players don't win."

yo123
11-17-2009, 02:03 PM
"From what I gather," Schefter tweets, "Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was trying to lose weight in training camp and took a diuretic. Bowe found out about his suspension earlier this month and has decided not to appeal it. He knows those are battles players don't win."

Kevin and Pat Williams are winning right now. Maybe he really did it and knows he doesn't have a case?

wicket
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
dammit i have him in my fantasy team

AntoinCD
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
If your not cheating, your not trying.

Ah the Patriot way. The Chiefs are screwed now they're not making the playoffs... Oh wait....

no bare feet
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Sucks for Dwayne.

vidae
11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Ah the Patriot way. The Chiefs are screwed now they're not making the playoffs... Oh wait....

WOAH THERE GUY! Are you insinuating the Chiefs aren't making the playoffs anyway?! You are quite cunning and witty. Well done.

Jvig43
11-17-2009, 02:55 PM
I feel Bad for Cassell.

Babylon
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
And somehow Matt Jones cant get a gig for using recreational drugs. Where's Tony Dungy when we need him?

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
WOAH THERE GUY! Are you insinuating the Chiefs aren't making the playoffs anyway?! You are quite cunning and witty. Well done.

oh ho! A touch, a touch.

DeathbyStat
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
sweet..for the steelers

vikes_28
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Damnit. I hate you Bowe.

DiG
11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
someone convince me that diuretics should be illegal???? he forced himself to piss. i know this isnt the first time. i believe deuce mccallister and will smith were suspended for the same thing.

FUNBUNCHER
11-17-2009, 07:14 PM
someone convince me that diuretics should be illegal???? he forced himself to piss. i know this isnt the first time. i believe deuce mccallister and will smith were suspended for the same thing.

Diuretics are a masking agent, used to flush your system when you don't want the water soluble steroids to show up in a drug test, or street drugs.

I doubt Bowe was under any severe weight restrictions with the Chiefs that required him to lose major poundage.

Testing positive for diuretics usually means you were doing something else much more serious that you didn't get caught for.

LonghornsLegend
11-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Kevin and Pat Williams are winning right now. Maybe he really did it and knows he doesn't have a case?

Their the exceptions, alot of other players in that same boat lost out. Also you have to keep in mind if you go the appeal route and prolonge it, the suspension could take place next season and he'd miss the first 4 games of the season, which I really think he'd rather take those games now.

Also Haley was strict on him losing weight so it's really not all that surprising. I never felt he was that big before hand anyway so I don't know why it was a big deal to lose all this weight. If he was at 220, I can see trying to lose 5 lbs or so, but I can't really imagine him much bigger then that.

vidae
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Diuretics are a masking agent, used to flush your system when you don't want the water soluble steroids to show up in a drug test, or street drugs.

I doubt Bowe was under any severe weight restrictions with the Chiefs that required him to lose major poundage.

Testing positive for diuretics usually means you were doing something else much more serious that you didn't get caught for.

Or it could mean that Haley was insane about the team as a whole losing weight, especially his WRs. He is insane when it comes to their conditioning, even going so far as to make Bowe get his eyes examined to see if that's why he had the drops so bad (it wasn't apparently).

He has never struck me as the type of person to use steroids and until they prove he did that won't change.

bigbluedefense
11-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Picking up Chris Chambers on the waiver wire last week is looking like a pretty sweet move right about now.

bored of education
11-17-2009, 08:46 PM
i agree bbd. im sick to my stomach. ******* ****!

Splat
11-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Or it could mean that Haley was insane about the team as a whole losing weight, especially his WRs. He is insane when it comes to their conditioning, even going so far as to make Bowe get his eyes examined to see if that's why he had the drops so bad (it wasn't apparently).

He has never struck me as the type of person to use steroids and until they prove he did that won't change.

You can not blame Haley I love Bowe but if he did this its on him and no one else.

Job
11-17-2009, 09:42 PM

After the Alex Rodriguez debacle, I thought I'd stop seeing that kind of thinking. There's no such thing as a type of person who takes steroids and a type who doesn't. Ultimately it all hangs on the people who surround the athlete.

Not saying Bowe did or didn't. Just pointing that out.

WMD
11-17-2009, 09:47 PM

I think Bowe already had LASIK eye surgery anyways..

Scotty D
11-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I have lost all sympathy for players that test positive, be it for a supplement or steriods. I believe steroid use is way more rampant in football then a lot of us believe. They are not normal people when you look at them, I'm sorry I don't buy it.

wogitalia
11-18-2009, 12:34 AM
God ******* dammit. Hes on my fantasy team in my money league. I just lost Turner, now Bowe. Right in the middle of my playoff push. Ahhh.

Feeling you, throw in Portis, Calvin Johnson and the fact that pretty much everyone not named Dallas Clark is stinking it up and you have my team...

vidae
11-18-2009, 12:34 AM
You can not blame Haley I love Bowe but if he did this its on him and no one else.

I wasn't even blaming Haley a little bit. I was merely stating that Haley was really pushing the conditioning/losing weight across the board (good thing) and Bowe did something stupid (diuretics) to help him make weight. It is all on Bowe, pure and simple.