11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
and just when I thought our season can't get any worse

Vikes99ej
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Good thing I didn't trade for him then!

terribletowel39
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Good thing I didn't trade for him then!
Haha, I just traded him away for Garrard and the Redskins D.

Giantsfan1080
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Think the Cheifs try to deal him in the offseason?

General Zod
11-17-2009, 12:52 PM
To bad those drugs didnt help his preformance.

Zing!!

Splat
11-17-2009, 12:52 PM
With the first pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Chiefs pick...

T-RICH49
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
With the first pick in the 2010 NFL the Chiefs pick...

Dez Bryant, WR, Ok State

HawkeyeFan
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I still want St. Louis to get him!

Gay Ork Wang
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
trade him to chicago

DiG
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
doesnt this guy know what hes doing to fantasy leagues around the country! guess i gotta roll with james jones in his place now this week. maybe ill get lucky and jennings will take the week off.

General Zod
11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
He'll be in Cincinatti next season.

terribletowel39
11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
doesnt this guy know what hes doing to fantasy leagues around the country! guess i gotta roll with james jones in his place now this week. maybe ill get lucky and jennings will take the week off.

Jennings has taken the week off every week. He has only gotten more than 10 points like ONCE. WHAT IS THAT??!!

Gay Ork Wang
11-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Jennings has taken the week off every week. He has only gotten more than 10 points like ONCE. WHAT IS THAT??!!
the way a packer should play?

vidae
11-17-2009, 01:02 PM
If we take Dez Bryant first overall I'll **** bricks.

Is it steroids? Could it be possible that with all the weight loss Haley was pushing that he took some diuretic or something, or was it a straight steroid?

This comes as a shock because I've never heard about him connected with anything close to this and I never pegged him as that kind of player.

Splat
11-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Dwayne Bowe suspended for violating steroids policy (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/17/dwayne-bowe-suspended-for-violating-steroids-policy/)

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 01:07 PM
He'll be in Cincinatti next season.

Cincinnati. A helpful tip my teachers taught me in 1st grade: Break it up into 3 parts, cin - cin - nati.

And while I get the joke, we're fine on receivers, even if we lose Coles.

Brodeur
11-17-2009, 01:07 PM
He's welcome in Detroit because the receivers here suck outside of InjuredTron.

Splat
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't think I have ever been closer to finding a new team.

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
This is the sound of a thousand clicks picking up Chris Chambers.

btw, Jamarcus 'Ryan' Russell, PED Bowe-flex, Absentee Bust Davis, not-good-enough Jacob Hester, and underachieving Laron Landry...Geaux Tigers.

FUNBUNCHER
11-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Just goes to show you how extensive the use of PE drugs are in football, if a WR gets busted for juicing.

It's not the same as a .310 contact hitter who goes on the gear to add exponential power to his swing and hit 55+ HRs, football is about so much more than raw strength and bodyweight.

But I would not be surprised if the amount of players who use/have used in the NFL dwarfs anything we've read about in MLB.

IMO Bowe is just lazy.
Show some more commitment in the weight room and you won't need to go on the juice, Dwayne!!!

Splat
11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Chris Chambers has been playing pretty well with the Chiefs but with him being the only WR now I look for that to stop.

vidae
11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
It isn't even certain he was on any juice. I'll believe it when I see something concrete that says exactly what it was.

Splat
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
It isn't even certain he was on any juice. I'll believe it when I see something concrete that says exactly what it was.

I don't think it really matters it was some kinda of PED.

General Zod
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Cincinnati. A helpful tip my teachers taught me in 1st grade: Break it up into 3 parts, cin - cin - nati.

And while I get the joke, we're fine on receivers, even if we lose Coles.

Whats really funny is, I live about 35 mins from there. Shows how much I care I guess.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6Y3Zpc38DQo/Scub6TBZo4I/AAAAAAAAAPQ/1lOKSomzDYQ/s320/Grammar+Police.png

SuperKevin
11-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Just goes to show you how extensive the use of PE drugs are in football, if a WR gets busted for juicing.

It's not the same as a .310 contact hitter who goes on the gear to add exponential power to his swing and hit 55+ HRs, football is about so much more than raw strength and bodyweight.

But I would not be surprised if the amount of players who use/have used in the NFL dwarfs anything we've read about in MLB.

IMO Bowe is just lazy.
Show some more commitment in the weight room and you won't need to go on the juice, Dwayne!!!

Do you not remember David Boston? In my opinion he was the one who started this whole steroids mess in the NFL like 8 years ago. Something about getting up to 250 lbs and still running a 4.4 40 yard dash over the course of like a season and a half

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you not remember David Boston? In my opinion he was the one who started this whole steroids mess in the NFL like 8 years ago. Something about getting up to 250 lbs and still running a 4.4 40 yard dash over the course of like a season and a half

Yep David Boston actually invented steroids. :D

FUNBUNCHER
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM

Maybe Boston broke the seal for skill players regarding anabolics, but a percentage of lineman and LBs have been using IMO for decades.

Like I said, it's not as big a deal in football because taking 'roids without having position skills won't make you a pro football player. Same deal in baseball, if you can't hit a curveball, no steroid will teach you how to do it.

I just think it puts pressure on clean players to do something because they feel they're at a competitive disadvantage playing against dirty players.

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Whats really funny is, I live about 35 mins from there. Shows how much I care I guess.

I was just trying to be helpful :p

BlindSite
11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
He was banned for four games for using a weight loss supplement that contained a diuretic.

As I've pointed out a thousand times they're banned because they can lead to a player having heart palpitations and being dehydrated and they've actually contributed to deaths in other athletes.

This isn't a "performance enhancer" since all it would do is help lower his weight. This is a "banned substance". There's a monumental difference between what Bowe has taken and what Merriman did.

CC.SD
11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
He was banned for four games for using a weight loss supplement that contained a diuretic.

As I've pointed out a thousand times they're banned because they can lead to a player having heart palpitations and being dehydrated and they've actually contributed to deaths in other athletes.

This isn't a "performance enhancer" since all it would do is help lower his weight. This is a "banned substance". There's a monumental difference between what Bowe has taken and what Merriman did.

Everyone knows you are just laying groundwork to protect Peppers.

TitleTown088
11-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Uh.... How does he get suspended and the Williams bros didn't? B/c They live in Minnesota...?

yo123
11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Uh.... How does he get suspended and the Williams bros didn't? B/c They live in Minnesota...?

Yeah, because the NFL has such a bias towards the Minnesota Vikings. :/

He's not even appealing it, if he did he might not get suspended either.

Shiver
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM
dbowe=dbag

regoob2
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Trade him to Minnesota. That state allows steroid use.

BlindSite
11-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Everyone knows you are just laying groundwork to protect Peppers.

If you can't see the difference between steroids and diuretics then you are beyond help.

One is performance enhancing and that's why it's banned, the other has caused deaths and severe dehydration, that's why it's banned.

Apples and Oranges.

CC.SD
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
If you can't see the difference between steroids and diuretics then you are beyond help.

One is performance enhancing and that's why it's banned, the other has caused deaths and severe dehydration, that's why it's banned.

Apples and Oranges.

A little touchy, eh? Hit a little too close to home with the Peppers connection? :D Given that I said absolutely nothing about the drugs, I don't think THAT is the reason I'm beyond help. There are plenty of others.

B-Dawk
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
aren't the diuretics masking agents, and that's why they're banned