PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron fired

vidae
11-17-2009, 01:31 PM
As per NFLN ticker, the Bills just fired Dick Jauron.. 10 games into the season?

Rosebud
11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TitanHope
Bud Adams has magic fingers!

MetSox17
This is a good thing, right?

Vox Populi
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Yay. I'm guessing Fewell replaces him until the end of the season.

critesy
11-17-2009, 01:36 PM
god dam.

if people want a lnk, its on the front page of www.nfl.com

redbills
11-17-2009, 01:36 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let Fewell be HC.

General Zod
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I got to say its a bit surprising in the middle of the season. Just because theyve stuck with him this long. This is a good move for the Bills.

Gruden screwed up, he could have been coaching next week. :-)

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Just saw this on NFL Network as well, they are saying Perry Fewell is expected to fill in.

Splat
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm never a fan of letting your HC go in the middle of the season in football its kinda pointless.

redbills
11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Just saw this on NFL Network as well, they are saying Perry Fewell is expected to fill in.

cool, I don't know how he gets the D to come and play every week, untill the 4th when they've played the whole game.

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm never a fan of letting your HC go in the middle of the season in football its kinda pointless.

It's a good publicity move for your fans. Let them know that you are ready to move on right now.

BeerBaron
11-17-2009, 01:59 PM

It can sometimes kickstart the team by showing them no one is safe unless they start performing better.

Also, and though a small part, this is probably in the thought process somewhere as well, Fewell is black right? Just interview him after the season no matter what he does and you've fulfilled the Rooney rule and can hire whoever you want.

WMD
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
So does this help Marshawn Lynch any??

fischbowl
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
azziWE8BFUU

In the office, more thoughts later!

Jughead10
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM

What does it matter? The Bills aren't going anywhere this season. Might as well get Fewell several games to see what you have there before going into the head coach hiring process. See if you already have your next head coach on staff.

11-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Buffalo fans need something to cheer about, right?. You never know, this could motivate the team down the stretch and maybe help elevate them to a .500 record, which is far better than anything Jauron would've done at this point.

no bare feet
11-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Interesting. I wonder who they bring in next year. I don't know if they would be a team suited to make a change to a 3-4.

11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Interesting. I wonder who they bring in next year. I don't know if they would be a team suited to make a change to a 3-4.

Not yet, though they have one major piece in Maybin and Stroud could probably do as one of the 5-techs in the short-term.

Rob S
11-17-2009, 02:52 PM
good! I wish Bobby April filled in instead of Fewell tho.

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I guess Bills ownership realized something is way wrong when Bud Adams is dancing around flipping you the bird.

PoopSandwich
11-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Yet Mangini is still coaching... :[

Jughead10
11-17-2009, 03:04 PM

To be fair, Jauron has been coaching for three years now with no results. Mangini has been a joke, but it is still year 1 for him and there is very little talent on the Browns. When you complain that Cribbs was still on the field on the last play of a game, it just shows you how little talent you really have.

Babylon
11-17-2009, 03:07 PM

One guy is at the start of a 4 year deal and the other is at the end of one but your implication that Mangini is terrible is spot on.

DeathbyStat
11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
well its about time, two years too late

DI
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Thoughts on Next Head Coach? I like Jim Harbaugh. Has Stanford rolling the past 2 seasons and coached Trent Edwards in College. Could really give him a nice sense of comfort going forward and can hopefully be the lightning in the bottle type of coach that John Harbaugh was for Baltimore, Mike Smith for Atlanta, etc.

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Thoughts on Next Head Coach? I like Jim Harbaugh. Has Stanford rolling the past 2 seasons and coached Trent Edwards in College. Could really give him a nice sense of comfort going forward and can hopefully be the lightning in the bottle type of coach that John Harbaugh was for Baltimore, Mike Smith for Atlanta, etc.

Rumored to be signing an extension at Stanford, he basically said as much on the radio this morning. Also with teams like Notre Dame in the mix I don't think Buffalo is really a possibility.

redbills
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM

I'd take him. But no way Ralph will do that, he will get some guy for 500K.

DI
11-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah and supposedly Michigan is going to be hot for him too once their season is over and Rich Rodriguez is out of a job.

PoopSandwich
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
To be fair, Jauron has been coaching for three years now with no results. Mangini has been a joke, but it is still year 1 for him and there is very little talent on the Browns. When you complain that Cribbs was still on the field on the last play of a game, it just shows you how little talent you really have.

We weren't complaining that Cribbs was on the field, but that we were running a hook and later with 5 seconds left in the game down 16 points.

What the **** is the point in that? You're asking for someone to get hurt.

Jughead10
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
We weren't complaining that Cribbs was on the field, but that we were running a hook and later with 5 seconds left in the game down 16 points.

What the **** is the point in that? You're asking for someone to get hurt.

To show a little pride and not get shut out?

BufFan71
11-17-2009, 04:31 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he should have been fired after last season...

PoopSandwich
11-17-2009, 04:32 PM
To show a little pride and not get shut out?

Show pride? How are we showing pride? Cause the only way we can score is on a hook and later down 16 points with 5 seconds left when we haven't scored ALL GAME? That's pride?

It was stupid then, before someone got hurt, and it's stupid now, we lost our best threat to score points because of "Pride"?

BufFan71
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM

trent edwards is done in buffalo

the fans hate him....

SuperMcGee
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM

Jauron lost to that team. How disgusting is that?

redbills
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Jauron lost to that team. How disgusting is that?

2 years in a row : (

fischbowl
11-17-2009, 05:41 PM
2 years in a row : (

We always lose the Battle of Lake Erie. And there is never any reason behind it!

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
It is pretty mind boggling that the Browns have a victory this season, courtesy of the Bills. That's probably enough justification right there.

Xonraider
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
I never really understood why he was hired in the first place.

fischbowl
11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Perry Fewell named interim coach, the seemingly obvious choice not named Bobby April

RaiderNation
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM

If Jim Harbaugh comes to the NFL, I think it will be to Oakland. He coached here before leaving to Stanford. Al has tried to get him everytime we fire a coach.

Pat Sims 90
11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
If Jim Harbaugh comes to the NFL, I think it will be to Oakland. He coached here before leaving to Stanford. Al has tried to get him everytime we fire a coach.

I cant see Harbaugh leaving a good situation in Stanford and go to a worst situation in Oakland

bigbluedefense
11-17-2009, 08:47 PM
shouldve been fired last year. this is 10 games too late as far as im concerned.

wogitalia
11-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Perry Fewell... just can't envision a guy with that name being successful.

If you say it fast with a bit of lisp it could be peripheral though, that is kind of cool.

FuzzyGopher
11-18-2009, 09:03 AM
This is obviously all T.O.'s fault.

BufFan71
11-18-2009, 11:18 AM
from Thurman Thomas' twitter

"Nobody is safe at One Bills Drive, they r cleaning house and bringing in a Football guy to run the ship. Jimbo say Ralph wil spend money!!!"

Brent
11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I cant see Harbaugh leaving a good situation in Stanford and go to a worst situation in Oakland
If I were a college coach, I wouldn't bother with the NFL. Les Miles or Pete Carroll are good examples: why leave a job where you continually bring in blue chip/5-star talent to replace people and you can have a team who is so much more talented than another team, you can just roll through half you schedule with minimal effort? You think that guy coaching Boise State loses sleep over his opponents?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-18-2009, 12:24 PM
To steal from a great man's facebook status:

You're ******* out!

http://www.theoffside.com/files/2009/03/kenny.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
If I were a college coach, I wouldn't bother with the NFL. Les Miles or Pete Carroll are good examples: why leave a job where you continually bring in blue chip/5-star talent to replace people and you can have a team who is so much more talented than another team, you can just roll through half you schedule with minimal effort? You think that guy coaching Boise State loses sleep over his opponents?

I agree 100%. If you're the coach of a top flight NCAA program, there really isn't much motivation to leave, unless you get a really good situation from a team that has historically had a lot of stability. In college football, a lot of places go year after year with the same coach. How many coaches in the NFL have achieved that? Shanahan? Fisher? Various Steelers coaches? The NFL is much more of a "what have you done for me lately?" business where it is much harder to sustain that success for a long time. In the NFL, you get worse picks for performing better. You can still get good players yes, but it's difficult to find franchise changing players outside of the top 10. In the NCAA, you're rewarded for great seasons because recruits see that and wanna play for you, allowing you to dominate in the recruiting process and pull in serious talent.

I think especially with recent examples of great college coaches(Butch Davis, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino) laying total eggs in the pros, many probably don't wanna risk the professional ranks and will just stay in college where they can still get paid as much or even more than most pro coaches.

Bills2083
11-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Just as I concluded reading through this thread, I heard these lines on the radio...

"Children laughing
People passing
Meeting smile after smile"

'tis a joyous day in Western New York!

brat316
11-18-2009, 02:22 PM

nah not really sometimes you can find gold with your interm coaches. If you know your team sucks and is gonna tank regardless, why not try and see what you have.

Its the same things coaches do when they shuffle around players when they know the season is gonna tank.

Babylon
11-18-2009, 02:49 PM
I would liked to have sat in on the pre-game meetings. Jauron tells Trent Edwards, "Don't you dare throw the ball beyond 8 yards to the fast receivers we've spent a ton of money on".....somehow i dont think that's how it went.

Bills2083
11-18-2009, 02:50 PM
The Bills have contacted Mike Shanahan per 2 NFL Sources

-per ESPN text

:D

Babylon
11-18-2009, 02:54 PM

-per ESPN text

Not surprised. Jim Brown also insuated that Mike Holmgren has been contacted to head up things at Cleveland. (must like a challenge) Which would beg the questions does he coach and GM?, does he bring in an understudy like Chuckie Gruden?. Does he draft his own QB at the top of the draft?. Interesting to say the least.

redbills
11-18-2009, 03:01 PM

-per ESPN text

Thrums Thomas said he will be with Ralph in a box to watch the game next week vs. the jags.

SuperMcGee
11-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I would liked to have sat in on the pre-game meetings. Jauron tells Trent Edwards, "Don't you dare throw the ball beyond 8 yards to the fast receivers we've spent a ton of money on".....somehow i dont think that's how it went.

Fewell has already benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick.

He's halfway there.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/6568.jpg

CC.SD
11-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Is anyone else a little weirded out that Buffalo's coach was fired and general concensus is that TO had nothing to do with it?

BufFan71
11-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Is anyone else a little weirded out that Buffalo's coach was fired and general concensus is that TO had nothing to do with it?

Jauron has been on thin ice this entire season
T0 had NOTHING to do with it. Our GM wanted to fire Jauron after last season. But RW Jr and Jauron are very good friends. But i guess Ralph got tired of losing

Damix
11-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Fewell has already benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick.

He's halfway there.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/6568.jpg

I remember Peter King listing Trent Edwards as one of his best up and coming QBs during one of his MMQB columns. That guy is such a joke.

D-Unit
11-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I like Shanny's offensive system.