PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Morgan

bigbuc
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
This guy is just a monster right now. 7 sacks in the last three weeks. Took over there last two games. Todd McShay is putting him ahead of Dunlap and saying he could be a top 5 pick when it's all said and done. Also can play the run very well. I like him a lot, the only thing that I could say thats bad is that he's only in his 3rd year and this is his first year playing this well. Hope he's not a one year wonder. But the guy just takes over games. The only other player that I've seen take over a game like that on D was Suh.

What do you guys think? Any knocks on his game?

RaiderNation
11-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Seems like a mid 1st to mid 2nd type of guy for me. He should stay 1 more year if alot of Jr DE's declare

FUNBUNCHER
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Doesn't hurt to list the player's school. I'm not familiar with him.

Sniper
11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Doesn't hurt to list the player's school. I'm not familiar with him.

Georgia Tech.

JFLO
11-18-2009, 07:05 PM
At this point in the draft process, he is the best defensive end.

He's productive and doesn't have any serious injury problems (lack there of for Dunlap and Hardy)

IMO, he's a Top 15 pick.

Sniper
11-18-2009, 07:07 PM
At this point in the draft process, he is the best defensive end.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/20081122_Brandon_Graham_and_Terrell_Pryor.jpg/250px-20081122_Brandon_Graham_and_Terrell_Pryor.jpg

draftguru151
11-18-2009, 07:08 PM
This guy is just a monster right now. 7 sacks in the last three weeks. Took over there last two games. Todd McShay is putting him ahead of Dunlap and saying he could be a top 5 pick when it's all said and done. Also can play the run very well. I like him a lot, the only thing that I could say thats bad is that he's only in his 3rd year and this is his first year playing this well. Hope he's not a one year wonder. But the guy just takes over games. The only other player that I've seen take over a game like that on D was Suh.

He was probably the best DL on a team that had 3 DL drafted last year when he was a sophomore.

Babylon
11-18-2009, 07:08 PM

McShay is really going out on a limb there saying he's ahead of Dunlap. Reminds me of Robert Ayers out of Tennessee who was a mid-first round pick for Denver. As for how much of a defensive impact he would make i'd put him behind: Suh, McCoy, Berry and McClain for starters.

JFLO
11-18-2009, 07:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/20081122_Brandon_Graham_and_Terrell_Pryor.jpg/250px-20081122_Brandon_Graham_and_Terrell_Pryor.jpg

No, you're a homer.

Malaka
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
McShay is really going out on a limb there saying he's ahead of Dunlap. Reminds me of Robert Ayers out of Tennessee who was a mid-first round pick for Denver. As for how much of a defensive impact he would make i'd put him behind: Suh, McCoy, Berry and McClain for starters.

Only difference is Derrick Morgan actually gets sacks... Morgan has more sacks this season than Ayers did his entire college career... and for the people who will say Ayers was a back-up, fine I'll give you that. However, Morgan has the same amount of sacks in the last 3 weeks as Ayers did in his Junior and Senior season combined.

Sniper
11-18-2009, 07:15 PM
No, your a homer.

Ohio State education at its finest.

*Looks at national tackles for loss leaders* I'll take Graham's all-around game over any DE in the nation. Morgan's only made five non-sack TFLs.

RaiderNation
11-18-2009, 07:15 PM

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2009/10-18/usc_notre_dame_football_400.jpg

Sniper
11-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Play the run, Everson.

JFLO
11-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Ohio State education at its finest.

*Looks at national tackles for loss leaders* I'll take Graham's all-around game over any DE in the nation. Morgan's only made five non-sack TFLs.

lol, yea i just fixed that your to you're right before you typed that...

thanks though, lol.

FUNBUNCHER
11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Height?? Weight??

Shane P. Hallam
11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
A lot of scouts are listing him as a Top 10 player in this draft as well, not just McShay. Don't be surprised if Morgan is right up there in the conversation for the best DE in the draft.

Sniper
11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Height?? Weight??

http://tinyurl.com/yflemjg

Cicero
11-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Only difference is Derrick Morgan actually gets sacks... Morgan has more sacks this season than Ayers did his entire college career... and for the people who will say Ayers was a back-up, fine I'll give you that. However, Morgan has the same amount of sacks in the last 3 weeks as Ayers did in his Junior and Senior season combined.

My biggest beef with Ayers was if you can't get sacks in college, how do you expect to in the NFL? People had a lot of excuses for his lack of production, but I'm sorry when you can only manage 3 sacks as a Senior starter you don't deserve to go in round 1. Morgan gets sacks, holding calls, and is always getting into the backfield. I would love to have him as a Seahawk although it's not likely to happen.

niel89
11-18-2009, 07:38 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/3357634.jpeg

fenikz
11-18-2009, 08:03 PM
dibbs, been in the sig for a month

Shane P. Hallam
11-18-2009, 08:11 PM
dibbs, been in the sig for a month

Don't think he will be falling to you ultimately my friend.

JFLO
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
What do you guys think about him as a 3-4 Rushbacker? Personally, I think that is one of his flaws (if he were to get drafted as one).

fenikz
11-18-2009, 08:23 PM
What do you guys think about him as a 3-4 Rushbacker? Personally, I think that is one of his flaws (if he were to get drafted as one).

nearly every time he is standing up and rushing the qb he gets pressure

JFLO
11-18-2009, 08:24 PM
nearly every time he is standing up and rushing the qb he gets pressure

Well obvioulsy, but when he is asked to drop back in coverage. I've seen on one occasion (one, mind you) and also read that he isn't the best when he drops back.

BuddyCHRIST
11-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Derrick Morgan is a stud, definitely better than Dunlap because he's actually good at football. He's a definite 1st rounder to me, I thought people had mentioned him a while ago so I didn't bother.

SINCE1978
11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Greg Hardy (Ol' Miss) & Jerry Hughes (TCU) would have something to say about Morgan being the best DE in the country ;o) I say that b/c I would love to see Detroit sang him at the top of rd 2. Kids a gamer. Plays his a$$ off every snap.

bigbuc
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Greg Hardy (Ol' Miss) & Jerry Hughes (TCU) would have something to say about Morgan being the best DE in the country ;o) I say that b/c I would love to see Detroit sang him at the top of rd 2. Kids a gamer. Plays his a$$ off every snap.

I'll give you that Jerry Hughes might give him a run for his money... But Hardy has been hurt a lot, I think he's falling fast.

BamaFalcon59
11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Height?? Weight??

Google. Try it.

FUNBUNCHER
11-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Google. Try it.

If you don't know personally, don't post in response to my question, Mr. Obvious.
Personally I'd prefer when someone starts a thread about a somewhat unknown prospect, they would at least mention his school, h/w.

But that's just me.

Sniper
11-18-2009, 11:29 PM

Greg Hardy can keep his mouth shut until he stops getting hurt all of the time.

SuperKevin
11-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Considering Derrick Morgan went under the radar while having 8 sacks last year with 3 NFL players on the line with him, I'd say he's among the nation's best. He has a lighting quick first step and excellent pass rush technique. He's my top DE and in my last mock I had him going to Tampa Bay in the first round.

BamaFalcon59
11-19-2009, 12:16 AM
If you don't know personally, don't post in response to my question, Mr. Obvious.
Personally I'd prefer when someone starts a thread about a somewhat unknown prospect, they would at least mention his school, h/w.

But that's just me.

Oh, I know Morgan. He's a monster.

The issue is... you ask a school. Then a name. Next would be strengths and weaknesses. Age? Class?

Really. I can get all that info for any given player in <60 seconds.

bigbuc
11-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Considering Derrick Morgan went under the radar while having 8 sacks last year with 3 NFL players on the line with him, I'd say he's among the nation's best. He has a lighting quick first step and excellent pass rush technique. He's my top DE and in my last mock I had him going to Tampa Bay in the first round.

I don't know about him for the bucs. Maybe I'm just still hurt over the Adams pick. I don't know if I would take him over McCoy or Suh but I think he's the 3rd best game changer on D in this draft. Who knows... We need both an impact Dt and De think we need to go back to back picks on the D line in this draft.

FUNBUNCHER
11-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh, I know Morgan. He's a monster.

The issue is... you ask a school. Then a name. Next would be strengths and weaknesses. Age? Class?

Really. I can get all that info for any given player in <60 seconds.

I didn't ask a name because that was printed in the OP. All I wanted to know is where he played and his h/w. Again, I don't know why you're responding to my query,( TWICE!!), other than to be snarky about it.

There is no issue, except maybe with you.

Strange as it may seem, not all of us watch every major conference BCS football game every Saturday.