PDA

View Full Version : What is the #1 key for a Redskin upset win Sunday in Dallas?

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 01:45 AM
What is the #1 key for a Redskin upset win Sunday in Dallas? I have a poll question up and id like to hear what you guys think.

Heres whats to choose from.....

Campbell having a big day
Betts getting over 100 yards
The OLine keeping Campbell upright
Our DLine shutting down the 3 headed monster
Pressure on Romo from Orakpo and Carter
Redskins DBs dont give up the big plays
Either a KO or punt return for a TD
Suisham continues his red hot FG kicking
Hunter Smith throws another TD pass (LOL)

For me its between Betts getting over 100 and the Redskins DBs not giving up the big plays. If Betts gets over 100 it means we are controlling the game and also setting up time for Campbell to pass. If the DBs shutdown the big plays and can contain guys like Miles Austin and Jason Witten we should be able to have a shot.

Im going to go with Betts getting 100 yards. If the OLine and Betts can make some plays and keep our defense fresh we should have a good shot at pulling the upset. If the running game gets shutdown the Cowboys pass rush will have a big day. Guys like Ware and Ratliff will be all up in Campbells grill.

Bottom line if Betts gets 100 yards we win Sunday. Thats my prediction. Whats yours?

treyskins
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
The pressure is all on the cowboys after last weeks loss.

So pressure romo into coughing up the ball and it could all fall apart again.

But then again it zorn's redskins they are playing against.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 05:41 PM
But then again it zorn's redskins they are playing against.

Over the last 3 weeks I have liked Sherm Lewis' playcalling over what Zorn was doing. This team is better than it was over the first 6 games. After the way the Skins played last week I have some new found faith in our team.

critesy
11-20-2009, 06:09 PM
i think its all about not giving up the big play. if you look back to basically every game, we give up like 2-4 big plays. if we can keep that at 0 or even 1 we win i think.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 08:39 PM
i think its all about not giving up the big play. if you look back to basically every game, we give up like 2-4 big plays. if we can keep that at 0 or even 1 we win i think.

Yeah containing guys like Miles Austin and Jason Witten will be a huge factor on if we win or not. Even a guy like Felix Jones who can take one to the house at anytime.

skinzzfan25
11-20-2009, 10:23 PM
No big plays. Aside from a key few big plays, when we keep things in front of us we hold defenses down.

Sherms playcalling looked solid, hopefully it'll keep truckin

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Sherms playcalling looked solid, hopefully it'll keep truckin

Amen my Redskin brother.

critesy
11-21-2009, 12:02 AM
i actually definitely agree with sherms calling as weird as that sounds. its been pretty solid. im imspressed.

skinzzfan25
11-21-2009, 06:51 PM
i actually definitely agree with sherms calling as weird as that sounds. its been pretty solid. im imspressed.

It's not anything super-original or complex. He just keeps defenses more honest and knows when to risk a little.

treyskins
11-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Over the last 3 weeks I have liked Sherm Lewis' playcalling over what Zorn was doing. This team is better than it was over the first 6 games. After the way the Skins played last week I have some new found faith in our team.

From what i have heard Sherm is only involved in the pass offense,not the running game(props to bugel/the o-line and betts being in sync.).
Were not the skins garbage in the first half against denver,relying on trick plays from hunter the punter to stay in the game?
Were not the skins garbage in the first half against atlanta,and that was coming off the bye week?

Campbell doesnt look any better(yoder did well to catch that touchdown),the running game and two T.E. sets with sellars on the line could have come straight from Gibbs.

Sherm Lewis is getting too much credit here from the media,-i mean the plays he does call come from Zorns playbook.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
From what i have heard Sherm is only involved in the pass offense,not the running game(props to bugel/the o-line and betts being in sync.).

Sherm Lewis is getting too much credit here from the media,-i mean the plays he does call come from Zorns playbook.

Sherm calls the plays. Since he has been calling them the offense has been alot better. Sherm isnt getting enough credit IMO.

Check this....

Now that Lewis has had three games to call Washington's plays, check out how the Redskins' offensive production compares. In the first six games of the season, the Redskins averaged 12.4 points per game; in the past three games, they have averaged 20.3. In the first six games, the Redskins averaged 16 first downs per game; in the past three games, they have averaged 20. In the first six games, the Redskins averaged 294 yards per game; in the past three, they have averaged 336.

The average rank of the defenses the Redskins played in the first six weeks was 21st; the average rank of the defenses the Redskins played in the past three weeks was 13th. And in the past three weeks the Redskins have been without offensive linemen Chris Samuels and Randy Thomas, tight end Chris Cooley and running back Clinton Portis for one game. So when the Redskins brought aboard Lewis to call plays, there really was one word to describe it -- bingo. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=4668347

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Good game guys. I felt a little bad... only when that camera shot that one Redskins guy crying. Yeah, that made me feel bad. If you guys play this hard next time, you'll win.

treyskins
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM
The skins battled hard to drag the cowboys down to our level of ineptitude!
3 points in the first half...
3 points in the second...

Dont see this offense improving much,so much for Betts(and rinehart).We are cursed this season for injuries.
AND the t.v.commentators said sherm lewis DOES NOT call the running plays.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Good game guys. I felt a little bad... only when that camera shot that one Redskins guy crying. Yeah, that made me feel bad. If you guys play this hard next time, you'll win.

Thanks dude.

On a sidenote it looks like the key to a Redskin win was Suishams FG kicking LOL. He reminded me of the old Suisham today. The one I love to hate.

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I feel bad for your defense. The offense is so atrocious. I think fixing the OL and only the OL would be all you basically need.

D-Unit
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks dude.

On a sidenote it looks like the key to a Redskin win was Suishams FG kicking LOL. He reminded me of the old Suisham today. The one I love to hate.
Wouldn't be a bad investment to use a 4th/5th rounder on grabbing the best one in the draft.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
AND the t.v.commentators said sherm lewis DOES NOT call the running plays.

Damn well I must of missed that. If that is the case then I think Lewis as playcaller is ignorant. I thought he made the calls and they got sent down to Sherman Smith and they got sent to Campbell.

If you have a link to this id love to see it. Either a article or a video. I find it weird that he would only call pass plays.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Wouldn't be a bad investment to use a 4th/5th rounder on grabbing the best one in the draft.

Agreed. Suisham has kicked well this year but he seems to choke in the clutch.

2 Live Crew
11-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Damn well I must of missed that. If that is the case then I think Lewis as playcaller is ignorant. I thought he made the calls and they got sent down to Sherman Smith and they got sent to Campbell.

If you have a link to this id love to see it. Either a article or a video. I find it weird that he would only call pass plays.

I don't have the video. But the announcers did say that when Sherm Lewis wants to run the ball, he tells Sherm Smith, who then calls a running play. Seems kind of bass ackwards doesn't it?

Too bad Suisham couldn't make another FG. Losing to the Cowboys sucks, but really I don't care at this point.

DiG
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I don't have the video. But the announcers did say that when Sherm Lewis wants to run the ball, he tells Sherm Smith, who then calls a running play. Seems kind of bass ackwards doesn't it?

yea i heard the same thing. lewis calls all pass plays and decides when to run. if he wants to run than he radios to smith and smith makes a run call. seems weird to me i agree.

BleedBurgundy96
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah treyskins was right. I saw it last night on a different site after I left this thread. Its not often I dont know something up to date about the Skins. I guess I missed that when they gave Lewis the playcalling. I knew he didnt know certain things about the running game. I didnt realize he didnt call the running plays though.

Thanks for the heads up treyskins I didnt know that. I would of heard it yesterday but I try not to listen to the announcers during the game. They drive me nuts. Even more so when a ex-cowboy QB is calling a Redskin/Cowboy game LOL.