PDA

View Full Version : The best race left in the NFL...

CC.SD
11-20-2009, 02:37 AM
is Peyton Manning vs. Brett Favre to become the first player in NFL history to win 4 MVPs.

Actually, 3.5 :D :D :D

But for real, it's between these two guys and while I think the evidence supports Peyton unquestionably until he loses, both of these Canton bound mofos are having insane seasons.

Brett on the season: 2269 yards, 17 tds to 3 ints, 107.5, 1 loss

next, Peyton's stats: 2872 yards, 20 tds to 7 ints, 104.2

Crazy. Favre the Viking is so old he forgot how to throw picks. Peyton can add another medal to the collection too. NFL is great this year.

KCJ58
11-20-2009, 02:39 AM
also I ponder the fact that "if" this is Favre last season could Manning pass him for most consecutive starts, i know it's far fetched but he is #2 on the list

yo123
11-20-2009, 02:39 AM
I'll give it to Peyton as of now, he's on pace to break Marino's yardage record and hasn't lost yet. Can't really vote against that. The race definitely isn't over yet though.

WMD
11-20-2009, 02:49 AM
If the Titans keep winning, Chris Johnson has to be in the MVP discussion..

yo123
11-20-2009, 02:55 AM
If the Titans keep winning, Chris Johnson has to be in the MVP discussion..

He should be, but unless they somehow make the playoffs he won't win it.

Flyboy
11-20-2009, 02:58 AM
I think Brees would be in the discussion before Favre imo.

vikes_28
11-20-2009, 02:59 AM
He should be, but unless they somehow make the playoffs he won't win it.

If they win their next 6 games. I think he should be.

yo123
11-20-2009, 03:02 AM
If they win their next 6 games. I think he should be.

Well if they did that he would be a lock. But there is now way the Titans beat the Texans, Colts, Cardinals, Chargers, and Dolphins

vikes_28
11-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Well if they did that he would be a lock. But there is now way the Titans beat the Texans, Colts, Cardinals, Chargers, and Dolphins

You are correct sir. I'm feeling too lazy at this point in the morning to look at their schedule.

BlindSite
11-20-2009, 03:48 AM
I like Manning's chances the NFL has a hard on for giving it to QBs. Part of me thinks though, Given Favre's media juggernautness, he'll have to set himself apart a little more.

TitanHope
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Most Valuable Player: Peyton Manning

Offensive Player of the Year: Chris Johnson

If Manning slips up though, Brees and Farve are right behind him...I just don't think he'll mess up. ;)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Brett Favre has forgotten more about interceptions than Jay Cutler himself will ever now.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2009, 02:50 PM
i love how the jets werent allowed to trade favre to the vikings or they wouldve given up 2 1sts to the packers because of the trade, and favre says: **** that, just pulls the same move he did on the packers again just to hurt them more lol

Babylon
11-20-2009, 04:16 PM
is Peyton Manning vs. Brett Favre to become the first player in NFL history to win 4 MVPs.

Actually, 3.5 :D :D :D

But for real, it's between these two guys and while I think the evidence supports Peyton unquestionably until he loses, both of these Canton bound mofos are having insane seasons.

Brett on the season: 2269 yards, 17 tds to 3 ints, 107.5, 1 loss

next, Peyton's stats: 2872 yards, 20 tds to 7 ints, 104.2

Crazy. Favre the Viking is so old he forgot how to throw picks. Peyton can add another medal to the collection too. NFL is great this year.

I thought you were going to say Denver and San Diego? you know you were thinking about it.

TitleTown088
11-20-2009, 04:41 PM
i love how the jets werent allowed to trade favre to the vikings or they wouldve given up 2 1sts to the packers because of the trade, and favre says: **** that, just pulls the same move he did on the packers again just to hurt them more lol

Laugh out loud about it all you want but its hurting the bear's chances at the division right now too.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Laugh out loud about it all you want but its hurting the bear's chances at the division right now too.
its not like we wouldve had any chance with or without favre anyways :P

TitleTown088
11-20-2009, 04:45 PM
its not like we wouldve had any chance with or without favre anyways :P

True true. You are burdened with Cutler. :)

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2009, 04:47 PM
True true. You are burdened with Cutler. :)
if only cutler was our biggest burden

djp
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Favre won't win it because his true value won't be determined until the playoffs. Although I wouldn't put anything past the media. Let's not remember this team won the division without him last year. I think that will hurt him. There's just too much talent around 4.

It's gotta be Peyton or Brees, both teams probably don't break .500 without those 2 respectively. Chris Johnson has gotta be in the discussion, too.

Shiver
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Peyton Manning should not have won the MVP in 2003 (Priest Holmes) or 2008 (Kurt Warner).

Brett Favre should not have won the MVP in 1997 (Barry Sanders!)

Had to get that off my chest.... This year I think if Favre finishes as strong as he has started he should win it. The scale of difficulty for having this kind of season, this late in his career, is off the charts.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Id give the MVP to Favre. Honestly I think the Vikings are better than both the Colts and Saints. Favre is the #1 reason for this.

I see Favre holding up the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the season.

Saints-Tigers
11-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Favre isn't even the best player on his own team, and might not be second.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen are the best players on the Vikings but I think Favre is easily the "Most Valuable".

Without Favre they would be at around .500 right now.

LonghornsLegend
11-20-2009, 06:36 PM
also I ponder the fact that "if" this is Favre last season could Manning pass him for most consecutive starts, i know it's far fetched but he is #2 on the list

I think Peyton would of caught him easily had Favre retired the first time he said he would. With these last 3 or so seasons Peyton is going to have to play for a long time to break that streak.

11-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen are the best players on the Vikings but I think Favre is easily the "Most Valuable".

Without Favre they would be at around .500 right now.

I'd grant you that, but where would they be without AD? a 40-year old Favre being forced to lead the team is a recipe for disaster.

yo123
11-20-2009, 07:18 PM

This argument is brought up every year and it will never make sense to me. Does Favre have any control over whether the team has another player that can make a case for being better than him?

What if Chris Johnson played for the Colts? Then Manning can't win? I don't get it.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2009, 07:28 PM
This argument is brought up every year and it will never make sense to me. Does Favre have any control over whether the team has another player that can make a case for being better than him?

What if Chris Johnson played for the Colts? Then Manning can't win? I don't get it.
Manning > Chris Johnson

besides that, no he has no control, but if we are talking about the MVP and he isnt even the best player or even say the Most valuable player on his team, how can he qualify for the most valuable player of the league

Paranoidmoonduck
11-20-2009, 07:31 PM

You don't understand why a guy not being the most valuable player on his own team would hurt his chances of being proclaimed the most valuable player in the NFL?

yo123
11-20-2009, 07:37 PM
You don't understand why a guy not being the most valuable player on his own team would hurt his chances of being proclaimed the most valuable player in the NFL?

Favre has been by far the most valuable player on his own team. Not even a debate.

I just don't understand why people act like if there is more than one great player on a team none of them can be MVP. So the MVP goes to the best player in the league, except if there is another elite player on that team? Makes no sense.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I'd grant you that, but where would they be without AD? a 40-year old Favre being forced to lead the team is a recipe for disaster.

Favre has 17 TDs and only 3 INTs. His QB Rating of 107.5 is insane when you realize he has never had a season where his QB Rating has been 100 or higher. Hes still making plays but he isnt making the classic Favre INTs. Favre at 40 is having one of his best seasons. The story in itself is valuable.

AD is also a top player on the Vikings. The reason I say Favre is more valuable is simply where the team was last year and where they are this year. Last year after 9 games the Vikings were 5-4. They ended up 10-6 and losing at home in the wild card round to the Eagles.

This season the Vikings are 8-1. Players like Sidney Rice are making plays weekly. Why? Brett Favre is the QB. The Vikings after 9 games IMO have a division title and a first round bye wrapped up. Why? Brett Favre.

Adrian Peterson helped make the Vikings a playoff team. This year Brett Favre has made the Vikings a possible Super Bowl contender. No player on the Vikings or in the NFL has been more valuable than Brett Favre.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Id even go out on a limb and say if Favre keeps playing the way he has been playing this might be the Most Valuable season by a player ever in the NFL. Favre at 40 is playing lights out. He is making plays on a team he joined in August. I dont care if he knew the system. He is literally playing his best football on a team in which he had no time to build chemistry with. Im hard pressed to find a situation like Favres where a player has joined a team right before the season at the age of 39/40 and made his team a Super Bowl contender.

Favres season this year has also changed my opinion on him. Hes easily one of the best QBs to ever play the game. I thought he was a top 10-15 QB all-time. Im starting to believe he should be in the top 5. Hes just a pure gunslinger that no matter what the age can make plays and win games.

Saints-Tigers
11-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Favre's age has no bearing on how valuable he is, damn. This is no where near the best season by a QB ever. You people are watching to much ESPN I think.

Favre has been great, but he hasn't played the best football at his position, and I'm pretty sure teams are gearing up to play Adrian Peterson, not Brett Favre.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
11-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Peyton has had very little help from those around him. The rushing attack is ranked 29th in the league. Even bigger he is on pace to set the record for passing yards in a season without his number 2 wide receiver, having a second year guy and a rookie try to take the place. Collie and garcon have been inconsistent having a case of the drops lately. The colts after 9 games last year were also 5-4 manning started catching fire to finish the season 7-0.

BleedBurgundy96
11-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Favre's age has no bearing on how valuable he is, damn. This is no where near the best season by a QB ever. You people are watching to much ESPN I think.

Favre has been great, but he hasn't played the best football at his position, and I'm pretty sure teams are gearing up to play Adrian Peterson, not Brett Favre.

I never said he was having the best season ever by a QB. I said at his age he is doing great things and Favre is having one of the "most valuable" seasons for any player in NFL history.

How often do you see a 40 year old QB do the things he is doing? Hes got the Vikings as legitimate Super Bowl contenders this season. For what this QB is doing at his age and doing it in different fashion (only 3 interceptions) is just amazing to watch.

How often do you see a QB like Favre (HOF lock) have maybe his best season at age 40?

IMO hes easily the MVP this season. Teams may gear to stop Peterson but without Favre they would be at .500 right now.

Shiver
11-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't see how his age isn't a factor. He has turned the clock back; in fact, he is playing better than he ever has. If* he keeps it up he not only should win it, he has to win it.

* that being said, I don't expect him to keep it up.

Saints-Tigers
11-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh, so being older makes you more valuable now. Does turning 40 give you 8 points per touchdown now?

It's irrelevant, it makes his performance more impressive in comparison that he's doing it at that age, but it doesn't make him more valuable, and voting for him because he's doing this at 40 is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Oh wow, the Vikings would be .500 without Favre. The Colts and Saints would be battling for the top pick without their QB, and they certainly wouldn't be .500

Shiver
11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh, so being older makes you more valuable now. Does turning 40 give you 8 points per touchdown now?

It's irrelevant, it makes his performance more impressive in comparison that he's doing it at that age, but it doesn't make him more valuable, and voting for him because he's doing this at 40 is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

The MVP is more about intangibles than you realize. Brett Favre comes out of retirement, plays the best football of his life at an age most Quarterbacks are retired and they are arguably the best team in the league. The narrative is a factor, trust me.

Oh wow, the Vikings would be .500 without Favre. The Colts and Saints would be battling for the top pick without their QB, and they certainly wouldn't be .500The Saints have plenty of talent: three good runners, Colston and Shockey, a underrated O-Line, and their defense finally playing good football before all of their injuries. They would definitely be a good team, even without Brees.

The Colts, perhaps, but even then you are not giving proper credit to the rest of that team. Their defense has held teams in check most of the season, something which has allowed Manning to push them over the top.

Saints-Tigers
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh, I didn't say the "narrative" isn't a factor, it just shouldn't be.

Either way, if you subtract all 3 QBs from the team, the Vikings are the best, no question.

Brees and Manning don't have a loss yet, and their teams aren't as talented as the Vikings in my opinion, and there is nothing you can say to really change that, because Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen are better than anyone on the Saints or Colts, and Kevin Williams probably is too, but that's just simplifying it.

11-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Favre has 17 TDs and only 3 INTs. His QB Rating of 107.5 is insane when you realize he has never had a season where his QB Rating has been 100 or higher. Hes still making plays but he isnt making the classic Favre INTs. Favre at 40 is having one of his best seasons. The story in itself is valuable.

AD is also a top player on the Vikings. The reason I say Favre is more valuable is simply where the team was last year and where they are this year. Last year after 9 games the Vikings were 5-4. They ended up 10-6 and losing at home in the wild card round to the Eagles.

This season the Vikings are 8-1. Players like Sidney Rice are making plays weekly. Why? Brett Favre is the QB. The Vikings after 9 games IMO have a division title and a first round bye wrapped up. Why? Brett Favre.

Adrian Peterson helped make the Vikings a playoff team. This year Brett Favre has made the Vikings a possible Super Bowl contender. No player on the Vikings or in the NFL has been more valuable than Brett Favre.

I agree with you 100% that Favre is having an absolutely exceptional season. I think a lot of the reason Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin have looked so good is because they have the guy. I just remember last year in NY he really struggled as the season wore on because he didn't have a dominant runner like Adrian Peterson that took a lot of the pressure off of his shoulders. I don't think his stats would be as great without AD.

But that's not to take away from what he's doing. He's a hall of famer doing something he's never done before and excelling at it. He has the efficiency of a game manager and the scoring ability of a top flight passer.

BleedBurgundy96
11-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Oh wow, the Vikings would be .500 without Favre. The Colts and Saints would be battling for the top pick without their QB, and they certainly wouldn't be .500

I think you have to factor his age into it when you realize what he is doing at his age. Both players Favre and Manning IMO deserve the award. Id give the edge to Favre for how he has played, what he has done for the Vikings team, and the simple fact that at age 40 he is playing MVP caliber football.

Age doesnt help you on the actual field. No it doesnt get you 8 pts per touchdown. What he is doing on the field when you realize he is 40 is both valuable and really insane to think about.

Let me put it another way. How rare is it for a 40 year old QB to be playing at Favres level? Its more valuable b/c of how rare it is for a QB to be doing this at his age. Do you think the VIkings actually thought he would be playing this well when the season started? Do you actually think the Vikings thought at age 40 he would be having his best season and only have 3 INTs in 9 games?

I see what you are saying Saints-Tigers. I respect your opinion. Calling other people stupid for their opinions is quite childish though. You are focusing more on the age factor of my post than the overall post. Its not just his age but his age is a factor in why I say hes the MVP as of today.

I just remember last year in NY he really struggled as the season wore on because he didn't have a dominant runner like Adrian Peterson that took a lot of the pressure off of his shoulders. I don't think his stats would be as great without AD.

Thanks for the feedback. I loved reading your post.

This part I kinda disagree though b/c I think Favres injury was the bigger factor in why he struggled in the 2nd half of the season. Thomas Jones had a great season last year. Favre might not of had AP but he did have one of the best RBs in the NFL last season. I think if Favre was healthy he would of put up better numbers and the Jets would of won the division title.

tjsunstein
11-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm rooting for Favre to win it.

tjsunstein
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Favre (9-1):
22-25, 213 yards, 4 TD in win vs. Seattle

Manning (10-0):
22-31, 299 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT in win vs. Baltimore

This is getting very interesting.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Favre (9-1):
22-25, 213 yards, 4 TD in win vs. Seattle

Manning (10-0):
22-31, 299 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT in win vs. Baltimore

This is getting very interesting.

Favre 21 TDs 3 INTs

Hes easily the MVP imo right now.

abaddon41_80
11-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Favre 21 TDs 3 INTs

Hes easily the MVP imo right now.

I disagree. Jackson came in and went 6/8 for 77 yards and a touchdown and the Vikings ran for 160 yards. Favre is not carrying the Vikings like Manning is the Colts. Take Favre away from the Vikes and they are still like 7-3 at this point but without Manning the Colts would be 5-5 at best.

brat316
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Reggie BUSH MVP

tjsunstein
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
I disagree. Jackson came in and went 6/8 for 77 yards and a touchdown and the Vikings ran for 160 yards. Favre is not carrying the Vikings like Manning is the Colts. Take Favre away from the Vikes and they are still like 7-3 at this point but without Manning the Colts would be 5-5 at best.

You can't make assumptions like that and that certainly is not how it works. If that were the case, Manning would have won every year since he was drafted even if the team went 8-8 just because if they didn't have him, they would have a worse record.

abaddon41_80
11-22-2009, 05:30 PM
You can't make assumptions like that and that certainly is not how it works. If that were the case, Manning would have won every year since he was drafted even if the team went 8-8 just because if they didn't have him, they would have a worse record.

I actually could make an argument that he should have won it every year since 2003 except 2007, not that it matters in this conversation. MVP stands for Most Valuable Player and to me it should go to the player that is most valuable to his team, and that is Manning by far.

Staubach12
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Manning is going to win it. He's on top of his game, big time.

Bengalsrocket
11-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Manning is going to win it. He's on top of his game, big time.

Plus, his new commercial where he gives Jeff Saturday (?) a gift wrapped football and tell hims he'll never guess what's inside it, is hilarious. and that's MvP worthy stuff.

tjsunstein
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Still extremely close.

Manning (11-0):
298/423
70.4% completion
3,415 yards
24 TD
11 INT
102.7 Passer Rating

Favre currently has 3 more TD passes with a 14 point lead halfway through the 3rd with 300+ passing yards.

Obviously if the Colts go undefeated, Manning gets it. But what happens if both teams finish with 2 or 3 losses?

Zaytoven
11-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I'd pick Manning over Favre.

Favre isn't even in the top 10 in passing yards right now. Manning is #1 and averaging 317 YPG. He is carrying that (undefeated) Colts team on his back. Look at the combacks he's pulled off this season as well.

Favre has been very efficient but I don't buy that he's more valuable to the Vikings than Manning is to the Colts. You could put a couple QBs onto the Vikings squad that could do as well or better than Favre. There is no QB you could put onto the Colts to outperform or equal Manning.

MetSox17
11-29-2009, 06:20 PM
If you added Favre, Manning and CJ, threw them in a blender, multiplied them times infinity, then squared it, i still wouldn't take that over Vince Young. :D

VY 4 MVP!

yo123
11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
If the Titans make the playoffs he has a case.

abaddon41_80
11-29-2009, 06:53 PM
If the Titans make the playoffs he has a case.

Not if Chris Johnson keeps up his play. 6 straight games with 125+ yards and a YPC well over 5 during that span.

MetSox17
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
This is gonna be a very, very tough MVP race. Peyton is playing like he always does, Brett Favre is playing out of his mind, and Chris Johnson is on pace to break 2,000 yards.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-29-2009, 07:24 PM
This is gonna be a very, very tough MVP race. Peyton is playing like he always does, Brett Favre is playing out of his mind, and Chris Johnson is on pace to break 2,000 yards.

Actually, Johnson is on pace to fall just short of 2,000 yards. That said, considering the rest of the schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to do it.

CC.SD
11-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Actually, Johnson is on pace to fall just short of 2,000 yards. That said, considering the rest of the schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to do it.

He could go for 300 against the Chargers.

But I think the Cinderella juice runs out against Indy and DQs him. It will be Peyton unless he loses, in which case it will be Favre.

MetSox17
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
They said all he needed was 129 and change a game for him to break 2000. His last six games he has never been below 130 rush yards. So...

brat316
11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Why no Drew Brees ?

skinzzfan25
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
FWIW Dungy took Favre on the SNF halftime report.

Raiderz4Life
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
IMO Manning is gonna win the MVP...Farve's been playing great but he's not the heart of the team. Without Manning the Colts wouldn't be much but the Vikings can function without Farve.

P-L
11-29-2009, 10:25 PM
What happened to Drew Brees? Not counting this week (since Manning has played and Brees hasn't) he's played just as well as Peyton and also has an undefeated team. Brees leads in QB rating, is barely behind in completion percentage, has a better yards per attempt, more touchdowns, and the same number of interceptions. Not to mention that the Colts have the #1 ranked defense in football.

I don't like the "well if you take this player away from his team" argument. You can pretty much say that about at least 10-15 players in the league. Sure, take Manning away from the Colts and they are much worse with Jim Sorgi. Anyone think the Saints would still be a good team with Mark Brunell at quarterback? Would the Patriots be as good as they are if you took away Tom Brady and they had to start Brian Hoyer? If we are going to play that game, then I'd say Chris Johnson is the most valuable player in the league. As good as Vince Young has played, that team would be 0-11 if they didn't have Chris Johnson.

Right now Drew Brees is my MVP with Peyton Manning as a very close second. Brett Favre is a distant third, but Chris Johnson will pass him if the Titans keep winning.

RaiderNation
11-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Chris Johnson if Titans make playoffs. If they dont Id take Manning

vikes_28
11-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Please...saying that the vikings can function without Favre is non-sense. Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels can't even touch what Favre has done for this team.

Zaytoven
11-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Not to mention that the Colts have the #1 ranked defense in football.

Better check your stats again.

Saints-Tigers
11-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Drew Brees isn't MY Mvp this year. by the traditional(shittay) voting method, he should be though, considering the last few MVPs, but he hasn't been carrying the team like he was the last few seasons.

Manning is my MVP right now, he's undefeated, and I think the Colts have the least talent around him out of the Saints/Colts/Vikings.

I think Favre has it the easiest personally, and Drew Brees has looked mortal lately, and other facets have saved the Saints.

Brees was my MVP over Tomlinson in 2006, and I thought he had a legitimate case last year, where 4 QBs had more votes than he did(LOL, Chad Pennington? rofl)

aNYtitan
11-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Chris Johnson if Titans make playoffs. If they dont Id take Manning

Depends on:
A) He reaches 2,000 yards this season (currently at 1,396 yards)
B) He keeps up his ridiculous YPC (currently 6.4 YPC)
C) Gets more then 15 TD's rushing (currently at 9)

If he can get these items checked off, I think he has as good a chance as any of the other 3 candidates (Favre, Manning and Brees), the one tough one IMO is the touchdowns. Also, can anyone remember a running back ending a season with more then 6 YPC with more then 200 attempts? The record is 8.48 YPC held by Michael Vick, but he held that in 117 attempts.

11-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Drew Brees isn't MY Mvp this year. by the traditional(shittay) voting method, he should be though, considering the last few MVPs, but he hasn't been carrying the team like he was the last few seasons.

Manning is my MVP right now, he's undefeated, and I think the Colts have the least talent around him out of the Saints/Colts/Vikings.

I think Favre has it the easiest personally, and Drew Brees has looked mortal lately, and other facets have saved the Saints.

Brees was my MVP over Tomlinson in 2006, and I thought he had a legitimate case last year, where 4 QBs had more votes than he did(LOL, Chad Pennington? rofl)

Haha yeah Pennington was a joke. He was a total game manager. That's not an MVP. Brett Favre is kinda a game manager, but he's a game manager who will go out and win you games, so a) he's straddling that line and b) Chad Pennington wasn't that guy. I'm starting to come around on Favre as MVP tbh. If either 10-0 team goes undefeated, their QB gets it, but if not, I'm giving it to Brett, personally. His efficiency is just off the charts right now.

CC.SD
11-30-2009, 12:07 AM

Brees had a great year in 2006 but it's not close compared to what LT did. Plus his team went 14-2 on his back.

abaddon41_80
11-30-2009, 07:13 AM
My list right now,

1. Manning
2. Johnson
3. Favre

MetSox17
11-30-2009, 07:22 AM
I don't care if the Titans go .500 the rest of the way and CJ doesn't score another TD. If he goes over 2,000 yards, he should be the MVP of the league. There's a reason that has only been done six times before, and that's cause it's damn difficult. Every single year we have QBs doing what Manning, Favre and Brees are doing.

Gay Ork Wang
11-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Vince Young is the winning factor!

terribletowel39
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
CJ is currently on pace to have 2,030 yards. If he keeps the pace he has the last few games, he will easily break it.

I agree with MetSox, Peyton almost always carries his team, every year. Brett Favre is playing well but it isn't out of this world. The 2,000 mark has been broken 6 times. That is ridiculous.

falloutboy14
11-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Not sure if this plays a part in the discussion, but Peyton is in range to break Marino's yardage record (5084). He's averaging 310 so far & needs 334 the last 5 games to get it.

11-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Not sure if this plays a part in the discussion, but Peyton is in range to break Marino's yardage record (5084). He's averaging 310 so far & needs 334 the last 5 games to get it.

That's pretty incredible in itself if he does get it. I have Manning winning it with CJ a close second in the first tier of candidates followed by Favre and Brees in the second tier and VY somewhere after that. Breaking that record and remaining undefeated would be impossible to match.

LonghornsLegend
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't care if the Titans go .500 the rest of the way and CJ doesn't score another TD. If he goes over 2,000 yards, he should be the MVP of the league. There's a reason that has only been done six times before, and that's cause it's damn difficult. Every single year we have QBs doing what Manning, Favre and Brees are doing.

If he breaks the all-time rushing record, which while were on the subject of 2000 rushing yards isn't really that far away he's got a great case regardless of record as well and puts him above both QB's unless the Colts go undefeated. 2100 rushing yards happens how often? Yea he'd have my vote pretty easily at that point.

LizardState
11-30-2009, 10:31 AM
1. Brees
2. Manning
3. Johnson
4. Favre

CC.SD
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
All MVP discussion that doesn't have Peyton #1 is moot until he loses a game. CJ could go for 3000 and if the Colts are 16-0 it's no contest.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
All MVP discussion that doesn't have Peyton #1 is moot until he loses a game. CJ could go for 3000 and if the Colts are 16-0 it's no contest.

I think it's really going to be how each candidate finishes the season. If the Colts reach 13-0, their next 3 games are looking pretty simple. They've already locked down the division title and if they win just two more and if San Diego, New England, and Cincinnati lose one more all season, they've locked down the conference. If things fall that way, I'd be shocked if they don't start sitting people, Manning included.

If that happens, and Manning is holding a clipboard while Favre, Brees, and Johnson continue to rack up numbers and win games, it's going to be tough still giving him the award.

Dirk360
11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
My MVPs

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Chris Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. Charles Woodson
5. Antonio Gates

the slobber fest over these qbs is disturbing. you see the top 5 and they are all qbs. why not call it the most valuable qb if the media is going to turn the award into the heisman (aka, the boobie award). how about giving credit to a guy who has mastered his craft when every rule in place is against him. no touching the receiver, breathing on the receiver, or looking at the receiver. thats the nfl though, they want high scoring games and they have to cheat the players, game, and the fans to get them. a complete and utter joke. will someone please remove gene washington from the comp committe? i cant stand it!!

P-L
11-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Better check your stats again.
Reading comprehension is awesome. I clearly stated in my post that I was using stats prior to this past weeks games since the Colts have already played and the Saints haven't. Prior to week 12, the Colts were giving up 15.7 points per game (1st in the league) while the Cincinnati Bengals were giving up 16.7 points per game (2nd in the league). Please do not try and call me out if you have no idea what you are talking about.

The point remains though, the Colts have a top five defense and the Saints defense is outside the top ten. As long as both teams remain undefeated, Brees has the slight edge in my eyes. We'll see what happens after tonight though, it could be a moot point.

11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
My MVPs

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Chris Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. Charles Woodson
5. Antonio Gates

the slobber fest over these qbs is disturbing. you see the top 5 and they are all qbs. why not call it the most valuable qb if the media is going to turn the award into the heisman (aka, the boobie award). how about giving credit to a guy who has mastered his craft when every rule in place is against him. no touching the receiver, breathing on the receiver, or looking at the receiver. thats the nfl though, they want high scoring games and they have to cheat the players, game, and the fans to get them. a complete and utter joke. will someone please remove gene washington from the comp committe? i cant stand it!!

DPOY is the defensive MVP. Defensive guys like LT can win MVP if they have TRULY dominant seasons. Revis isn't having a truly dominant season and his team isn't that good. He's not winning MVP. I really don't know how you don't at least have Drew Brees on that list, either.

descendency
11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
I'll give it to Peyton as of now, he's on pace to break Marino's yardage record and hasn't lost yet. Can't really vote against that. The race definitely isn't over yet though.

Little known fact, Tom Brady has some fairly s*** pass defenses left to play and is playing well enough to break it as well, yet, gets no press for that matter.

I wonder if he will be in the banter at the end of the year if he is 650 or so yards from breaking it. (2-3 games left).

CC.SD
11-30-2009, 06:06 PM
DPOY is the defensive MVP. Defensive guys like LT can win MVP if they have TRULY dominant seasons. Revis isn't having a truly dominant season and his team isn't that good. He's not winning MVP. I really don't know how you don't at least have Drew Brees on that list, either.

Gates is pretty bizarre too...don't get me wrong, Gates is teh beastz and an all pro, but Rivers is the one choking bitches.

Go_Eagles77
11-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Seriously, Revis and Gates are good players, but MVP candidates?

Can't C Me
11-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Reading comprehension is awesome. I clearly stated in my post that I was using stats prior to this past weeks games since the Colts have already played and the Saints haven't. Prior to week 12, the Colts were giving up 15.7 points per game (1st in the league) while the Cincinnati Bengals were giving up 16.7 points per game (2nd in the league). Please do not try and call me out if you have no idea what you are talking about.

The point remains though, the Colts have a top five defense and the Saints defense is outside the top ten. As long as both teams remain undefeated, Brees has the slight edge in my eyes. We'll see what happens after tonight though, it could be a moot point.

You're using point against as the sole definition of defensive ranking? Colts have a middle of the road defense, as evidenced by their yardage statistics.

Can't C Me
11-30-2009, 09:19 PM
yes, it's far more important to keep a team to low yardage then it is to keep them from scoring. that's a far more relevant stat to use as your only metric.

Nah man, you obviously want to use more but yards is typically a better indicator than points if you can only use one. Your offense and special teams has a huge effect on the points allowed, unlike yardage statistics which are completely dependent on the defense.

Splat
11-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Seriously, Revis and Gates are good players, but MVP candidates?

No way what so ever are they even close to being in the MVP mix.

11-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Philip Rivers is having a legit MVP type season. I haven't read through this entire thread, but I'm not sure I've seen his name anywhere. Someone mentioned Revis, Woodson, and Gates before Rivers? Something is wrong here.

Nalej
11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
You watching D. Brees right now? I can't argue against him right now.

Splat
11-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Like other people have said and C.Johnson is having a freak year that you don't see that often he has my vote. (That is if I had a vote):)

11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Philip Rivers is having a legit MVP type season. I haven't read through this entire thread, but I'm not sure I've seen his name anywhere. Someone mentioned Revis, Woodson, and Gates before Rivers? Something is wrong here.

Rivers is putting up yet another great season, but he's totally overshadowed right now. There's no real argument for putting him above Peyton, Brees or Favre.

11-30-2009, 09:45 PM
You watching D. Brees right now? I can't argue against him right now.

This could go down as one of the closest votes in history. I'm seriously torn over at least 3 or 4 legitimate candidates. This has been one hell of a year for the league.

Splat
11-30-2009, 09:49 PM
NFL is by far the best entertainment in sports no question.

(Insert soccer argument here)

I know its huge around the world but it doesn't touch the NFL in my book.

P-L
11-30-2009, 10:47 PM
You're using point against as the sole definition of defensive ranking? Colts have a middle of the road defense, as evidenced by their yardage statistics.
You do realize that purpose of football is to score points, not gain yards. Right? Which defense would you rather have: One that gives up 330 yards and 17 points per game or one that gives up 290 yards per game but 24 points per game? Because it sounds to me that you think the Giants have a top five defense, yet the Colts is "middle of the road."

I don't understand why you think so highly of yourself. It is possible for you to be wrong on occasion, it happens to all of us. But no, not Moses. You'll make absurd arguments even when you are factually proved wrong just because you don't want to admit it to yourself. I'll stop feeding the troll though. If you think you're right, than be my guest.

Mr.Regular
11-30-2009, 10:57 PM
1- Manning
2- Brees
3- Favre

I think those are the only ones with a real shot. CJ, ARod, and Rivers are all having MVP type seasons but I think they'll be overshadowed by the top 3...and understandably so.

Mr.Regular
11-30-2009, 11:00 PM
My MVPs

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Chris Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. Charles Woodson
5. Antonio Gates

You have to understand how important the QB position is in football. A top QB can take a team from mediocre to amazing. A top TE or CB can add some extra dimensions to a team but can't really carry a team to the top alone.

CC.SD
11-30-2009, 11:24 PM

Rivers is the MVP of my heart but not about to win MVP this year. Would've made a decent argument last year since he unquestionably had the best stats but ultimately Hochuli and a couple other bad breaks cost him a winning season and made it impossible.

11-30-2009, 11:28 PM
I was just saying Rivers could be in the discussion, though that list could get extensive with so many stellar offensive campaigns compared to years past. A QB heading one of the top 3 teams in the league is where the MVP will reign. Sorry CJ.

CC.SD
11-30-2009, 11:31 PM
I was just saying Rivers could be in the discussion, though that list could get extensive with so many stellar offensive campaigns compared to years past. One of the QBs heading the top 3 teams in the league is where the MVP will reign. Sorry CJ.

He should be in the discussion but probably not higher than 4. Run the table and get the 2 seed...he could beat out a couple guys. But ultimately it's a media award and Peyton is undefeated/Favre is God. Brees can't be God too so he gets to be the Holy Spirit and the Son.

Chucky
11-30-2009, 11:38 PM
1- Manning
2- Brees
3- Favre

I think those are the only ones with a real shot. CJ, ARod, and Rivers are all having MVP type seasons but I think they'll be overshadowed by the top 3...and understandably so.

Wait what? I hope you are not referring to Aaron Rodgers.

Flyboy
12-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Brees can't be God too so he gets to be the Holy Spirit and the Son.

Um, no. He's Breesus.

RaiderNation
12-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Drew Breeeeeesss

CC.SD
12-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Um, no. He's Breesus.

That's who the son is

TitanHope
12-01-2009, 01:55 AM

Nope, I think he was talking about Andy Roddick.

abaddon41_80
12-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Drew Brees definitely jumped back into the race.

tjsunstein
12-01-2009, 07:44 AM

More passing yards than Brees and Favre.
Better passer rating than Manning.
Less interceptions than Manning and Brees, only two more than Favre (3).
Let's take into account that Rodgers has been sacked 44 times, Manning 10, Favre 22, and Brees just 14. I'm not a fan of the 'What If' game or I'd argue that Rodgers would be a serious contender with a better O-Line.

Where it goes downhill for Rodgers is his team's W/L as well as his completion percentage, as his is worse than the other 3 QBs. Not by much though.
He also has the least TD passes of the other 3 QBs, which happens to put him at 4th best in the league.

P-L
12-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Rodgers is playing great this year but he isn't going to get serious consideration when there are two quarterbacks playing better than him, both on undefeated teams. If the Packers were 9-2 then maybe.

I still don't understand why Drew Brees is getting disrespected. If he isn't the clear favorite right now, he should be a real close number two behind Manning. Yet, after the best performance by a quarterback this season we are getting posts like "he's back in the race." Where did he ever go? Do people just go to the ESPN stats page and see that he's not in top three of yardage and dismiss him?

Look at the numbers closer. Brees is on pace to finish with the highest yards per attempt of any quarterback since Kurt Warner in 2000. He's also on pace to have the fourth best passer rating of all-time. Not to mention that he leads the league in touchdown passes and has two rushing touchdowns. His 29 total touchdowns gives him five more than any other quarterback in football. Oh yeah, the Saints are undefeated too...

BuddyCHRIST
12-01-2009, 10:25 AM
There's just alot of great QB's in the NFL right now (5 guys with ratings over 100) and alot of good stories. I think a major reason there is so many candidates this year is due to the disparity between the great teams and the bad teams. Almost all the playoff teams have viable candidates.

Ultimately I think it comes down to Favre, Peyton and Brees with Favre being the favorite right now. CJ will get some votes if he runs for 2000 and the Titans keep winning.

Gay Ork Wang
12-01-2009, 10:30 AM
if CJ wins for 2000 he will get OPotY for sure

Mr.Regular
12-01-2009, 05:48 PM
What? Why?
I said he was in that second tier of candidates... He's not in serious consideration because of what Manning, Favre, and Brees are doing but the guy is playing lights out and putting up MVP type numbers.

LonghornsLegend
12-01-2009, 06:13 PM
What? Why?
I said he was in that second tier of candidates... He's not in serious consideration because of what Manning, Favre, and Brees are doing but the guy is playing lights out and putting up MVP type numbers.

He's not having an MVP type season no matter how you spin it, not even close really.

Mr.Regular
12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
He's not having an MVP type season no matter how you spin it, not even close really.
Not even close? Perhaps with Brees, Manning, and Favre all doing so well with amazing team records... But you can't discount what he's been doing....same for Rivers actually...both players are having MVP caliper seasons but are being overshadowed, and rightfully IMO, but those big three QB's.

He carries this team, and has superb stats... and this is with an OLine that has been as bad or worse than any other team's has. I'm just saying he deserves some mention in the discussion. Same with Rivers.

Saints-Tigers
12-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I still can't see a compelling argument for Brett Favre, when there are two teams with more wins, and both of the candidates from those teams are the top player on their team. I mean really, you really think switching Favre with Brees or MAnning would make those teams better, or make the vikings worse right now?

CC.SD
12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Not even close? Perhaps with Brees, Manning, and Favre all doing so well with amazing team records... But you can't discount what he's been doing....same for Rivers actually...both players are having MVP caliper seasons but are being overshadowed, and rightfully IMO, but those big three QB's.

He carries this team, and has superb stats... and this is with an OLine that has been as bad or worse than any other team's has. I'm just saying he deserves some mention in the discussion. Same with Rivers.

hahaha hey don't drag Rivers into this, his credibility is his own. :D A Rod(g) is not in the top 4 of MVP candidates (Peyton, Brees, Favre, CJ) so the rest of the discussion doesn't really matter. There's just a lot of really amazing, season long performances this year.

yo123
12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I still can't see a compelling argument for Brett Favre, when there are two teams with more wins, and both of the candidates from those teams are the top player on their team. I mean really, you really think switching Favre with Brees or MAnning would make those teams better, or make the vikings worse right now?

You guys have 11 wins, we have 10. Big deal. If you go undefeated you have an argument there.

And you honestly don't see a compelling argument for a QB that has taken a team from being mediocre to a legitimate contender in one year, taken an underachieving WR in Sidney Rice to top 15 WR status, made Percy Harvin the OROY favorite, and thrown 24 TD's to THREE INT's? Brees has thrown for just 3 more TD's and 6 more INT's. Manning has thrown for the same number of TD's and 8 more INT's. I understand that stats aren't everything, but to say you can't make a compelling argument for him is ridiculous.

CC.SD
12-01-2009, 09:51 PM

The really good argument there is the epic TD:Int ratio. If the undefeated teams drop one and they all finish 15-1 you have to take a good long look at Brett's insane season.

falloutboy14
12-02-2009, 12:01 AM
They're all so even, both as producers, leaders of their team, & record-wise. Favre has the best stats, probably the weakest set of receivers, but has the best set of RBs. Brees has the deepest talent, while Peyton has the best go-to guys of the 3.

Breese may get it since he's yet to win 1, or the other 2 may get it since they're more popular. If 16-0 happens, that QB almost certainly has to have it. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it split 2-3 ways either.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Brees had a season defining performance on Monday. If he can finish the season with more strong performances than game-manager performances (which has been his trouble this year), I say he tops my list. Manning is having a good year and is leading a great team, but I can't make a serious argument for him over Brees right now, all things considered.

Favre has, of course, been fantastic. That said, I can't help but think he needs to finish really strong to pull ahead of the group. As for Johnson, I imagine he'll probably top 2,000 yards, but even then I think he's looking at an OPOY award for his troubles. The quarterback group among winning teams right now is simply too strong for one of them not to win MVP.

Splat
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Chris Johnson vows to launch his "MVP campaign" (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/02/chris-john-vows-to-launch-his-mvp-campaign/)

I really think he should be getting more love when it comes to MVP but I'm sure it will go to one of the big three QB's.

They are not doing any thing that hasn't been done before stat wise but CJ is on pace to have a season that has never been seen before or atleast not for along time.

Gay Ork Wang
12-02-2009, 05:13 PM
he would be in it if the Titans were 8-4 or so. But now its still a longshot to make the playoffs.

On the other side OPotY should be his

Splat
12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
If they some how run the table and make the playoffs (long shot) and he goes over 2000 yards and he doesn't get MVP that will be a shame in my book.

CC.SD
12-03-2009, 02:31 AM
If they some how run the table and make the playoffs (long shot) and he goes over 2000 yards and he doesn't get MVP that will be a shame in my book.

Jamal Lewis only got an OPotY when he got over 2k.

Splat
12-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Jamal Lewis only got an OPotY when he got over 2k.

Chris Johnson is on pace to not only have more yards then Jamal but to do it with less carries that is crazy.

He is leading the league in rushing while having 21 less carries then the guy in second (Steven Jackson) he has 7 runs over 40 yards the most any one else has is 4.

I know I'm just wasting my time since it will go to a QB like always just saying.

MasterShake
12-03-2009, 04:45 PM
The award is for MOST VALUABLE player.

That leaves two real options, Manning and Brees. No other players are more valuable to their teams and the two teams are undefeated.

Manning wins because he is manning unless Brees blows him out of the water....or they could share it.

CC.SD
12-04-2009, 10:06 AM
In his Tuesday Morning QB Column, Peter King admits he voted Carnel Lake for MVP in 1997, causing the split between Barry and Brett. Amazingly stupid.

terribletowel39
12-04-2009, 10:12 AM
In his Tuesday Morning QB Column, Peter King admits he voted Carnel Lake for MVP in 1997, causing the split between Barry and Brett. Amazingly stupid.
Well really, it shouldn't have been that close. But yea, stupid nonetheless.

Flyboy
12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm biased...

CC.SD
12-04-2009, 01:27 PM
is it really amazing? i mean... it's peter king.

Given that it's Peter King it's not surprising, but still amazing.

tjsunstein
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
1a. Peyton Manning
1b. Drew Brees
3. Chris Johnson
4. Brett Favre

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Manning and Brees wind up spliting this thing.

abaddon41_80
12-07-2009, 07:12 AM
1a. Peyton Manning
1b. Drew Brees
3. Chris Johnson
4. Brett Favre

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Manning and Brees wind up spliting this thing.

Pretty much that, now that we have seen Favre without his running game and defense playing well. To tell the truth, I would not be surprised if Rivers and Rodgers pass Favre in my mind by the end of the season.

tjsunstein
12-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Pretty much that, now that we have seen Favre without his running game and defense playing well. To tell the truth, I would not be surprised if Rivers and Rodgers pass Favre in my mind by the end of the season.

If I were to elaborate more on my list then Rivers and Rodgers would be right below Favre at 5 and 6. It's possible at the end of the season that they jump Favre but really it's a moot point.

CC.SD
12-07-2009, 12:23 PM
If I were to elaborate more on my list then Rivers and Rodgers would be right below Favre at 5 and 6. It's possible at the end of the season that they jump Favre but really it's a moot point.

Where does CJ end up in these rankings if he misses the playoffs and 2000? Can't have him ahead of Favre.

Splat
12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
I want to have Chris Johnson's baby.

I have come to grips that the MVP is going to go to a QB but my goodness CJ is having an freaking insane year.

The guy is leading the league in rushing by 347 yards while have 13 less attempts.

12-14-2009, 11:48 AM
This is all Brees' in my mind right now.

Shiver
12-14-2009, 12:33 PM
If the Titans make the playoffs then Chris Johnson should win it.

Gay Ork Wang
12-14-2009, 12:42 PM
If the Titans make the playoffs then Chris Johnson should win it.
i cant see them make the playoffs

12-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Titans have a shot if they win out to get the 6th seed.

vidae
12-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I actually do hope they run the table and make the playoffs but they have to go through the Chargers, who are as hot as it gets right now. It'd be pretty great if they did it though, after starting 0-6. Still, starting 0-6 and battling back to being 6-7 right now is amazing in itself.

Also, if NFL.com is correct, Chris Johnson is at 1626 rushing yards, which puts him 374 off of 2000 rushing for the year. With his upcoming games, I could see him breaking it which is insane.

abaddon41_80
12-14-2009, 01:06 PM
1a. Brees
1b. Manning
2. Johnson
3. Rivers

wicket
12-14-2009, 02:57 PM
at this moment imo it should be brees (I had mannign a few weeks ago but his level dropped a bit and brees picked his game up)
At the moment:
----------Brees... Manning
yards......3832...... 3905
attem..... 432,,,, .. 502
percen.... 69.9..... 68.1
Yrd/A...... 8.9... ... 7.8
TD's........ 32... .... 29
Int ......... 10........ 14
Rate........ 112.3... 98.9
leads NFL
Combine that with the fact that Brees could/should have won it last year but got denied on the back of team performance its hard to not give it to him this time around imo.

Shiver
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
I think Favre has dropped off, Manning has leveled, Brees is the front-runner and Chris Johnson is the dark-horse.

Bucs_Rule
12-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Titans are 3-7 in conference games. They would lose the tie-breaker with other teams. They would have to be the only 9-7 team, thats not going to happen.

CC.SD
12-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I think Favre has dropped off, Manning has leveled, Brees is the front-runner and Chris Johnson is the dark-horse.

I think Rivers is the dark horse and Manning is the winner in a photo finish over Brees. Then again I'm just as sure that the Cowboys beat the Saints on Saturday so what do I know.

Shiver
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Philip Rivers is a victim of timing. Any other year he would be right there, but I just cannot imagine a situation where he would be considered over Manning, Brees or Favre.

CC.SD
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Philip Rivers is a victim of timing. Any other year he would be right there, but I just cannot imagine a situation where he would be considered over Manning, Brees or Favre.

Nope, definitely no chance. Even as recently as a couple weeks ago if the undefeated teams dropped a game, at least an argument could be made. Not that I think about such things...that said I'm sure Rivers will be focused in for a playoff run, that's more important.

bigbluedefense
12-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Id give it to Chris Johnson personally.

But he won't win it. If he reaches 2000 yards though, I don't see how anyone should deserve it over him. The guy already has the record for most yards from scrimmage, and theres 3 games left to play.

12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Peyton Manning is doing his best Jay Cutler impersonation lately. So I have Brees winning it.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Id give it to Chris Johnson personally.

But he won't win it. If he reaches 2000 yards though, I don't see how anyone should deserve it over him. The guy already has the record for most yards from scrimmage, and theres 3 games left to play.

Sorry, if you're referencing my post in the weekly discussion, that's not what I meant to say. He's still about 400 yards off that record, but he's well ahead of where anyone I could find has been with three games to go. At his current pace he will break the record quite easily though.

bigbluedefense
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Sorry, if you're referencing my post in the weekly discussion, that's not what I meant to say. He's still about 400 yards off that record, but he's well ahead of where anyone I could find has been with three games to go. At his current pace he will break the record quite easily though.

aaah. i stand corrected then. i went off your post. my bad.

CC.SD
12-20-2009, 10:09 AM
So Drew is no longer undefeated...if Peyton wins out/sits out is the MVP already decided? Where is Lord Favre...

bigbluedefense
12-20-2009, 10:13 AM
So Drew is no longer undefeated...if Peyton wins out/sits out is the MVP already decided? Where is Lord Favre...

if they go undefeated, it has to be Peyton.

i still think Chris Johnson has a good chance.

CC.SD
12-20-2009, 10:25 AM
if they go undefeated, it has to be Peyton.

i still think Chris Johnson has a good chance.

I wonder what scenario has to unfold for CJ to win it.

2000+ obviously.

Peyton plays and loses one of the next 2 games? Favre too? Even then Brees probably gets the nod. Basically all 3 of the quarterbacks have to stumble down the stretch.

bigbluedefense
12-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I wonder what scenario has to unfold for CJ to win it.

2000+ obviously.

Peyton plays and loses one of the next 2 games? Favre too? Even then Brees probably gets the nod. Basically all 3 of the quarterbacks have to stumble down the stretch.

I think Peyton has to lose a game, and he has to go for 2000+

While all 3 qbs are having great seasons, they aren't eye popping #s like Brady's perfect season. 2000 yards for a RB, especially in today's game of RBCs is MUCH more impressive than any of the numbers the qbs are putting up.

You would only reward one for going undefeated, bc a qb usually gets more credit than he deserves for team accomplishments.

katnip
12-20-2009, 10:29 AM
afc wild card & colts race to perfect 16-0

MasterShake
12-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I think Peyton has to lose a game, and he has to go for 2000+

While all 3 qbs are having great seasons, they aren't eye popping #s like Brady's perfect season. 2000 yards for a RB, especially in today's game of RBCs is MUCH more impressive than any of the numbers the qbs are putting up.

You would only reward one for going undefeated, bc a qb usually gets more credit than he deserves for team accomplishments.

While that tends to be true...I think in Peytons case he gets the correct amount of credit.