PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Campbell

mancl
11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I really don't know anything about this guy other than his basic size info off of the school web site. He seems to be a 'hot prospect" and I'd appreciate some info on him, strength, weakness, projected round etc.

Thanks.

DiG
11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
He has the potential to be a long term franchise player but he is still very raw. At this point I would say he is a better pass blocker than run blocker which has a lot to do with his insane athleticism. His biggest weaknesses are his technique due mostly to his lack of experience at the position. He's young and hes had a couple minor nagging injuries that have kept him out of the lineup some this year.

I actually think he may have played better last year as a sophomore in the second half of the year when he was healthy and started the last 6 games of the year. He has a great work ethic and should be easily coach-able at the next level. Overall this year his play has been inconsistent. Some days hes the best player on the field but he cant always get by purely on strength and athleticism.

As a pro, I think he still needs 2 or so years to develop. He may struggle early on in his career if he is drafted into a situation where he has to start right away but I dont doubt that he will excel down the road with good coaching. He's a pure LT imo. I wouldnt bother putting him on the right side. I dont think he is at a point in his development where he is worth a top 15-20 pick. From what I've seen, he's an early second rounder.

my post from earlier this week on him.

D-Unit
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
A part of me is unsold that he would be a Top 20 pick, but on the other hand I know how NFL teams go ga ga goo goo over athletic specimens like him. IMO, he needs to show that he can dominate still.

Crickett
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.fuenf-filmfreunde.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bruce-campbell-evil-dead.jpg

I'm worried the chainsaw for a hand might turn teams off. And last I checked, they don't allow you to bring your BOOMSTICK! onto the field.

Brent
11-20-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm worried the chainsaw for a hand might turn teams off. And last I checked, they don't allow you to bring your BOOMSTICK! onto the field.
I honestly had no idea there was a prospect named Bruce Campbell, so my only thought was of him.

princefielder28
11-21-2009, 06:48 PM
my post from earlier this week on him.

I'd have to agree for the most part with your assessment of him. I'd say the bottom of round one will be his landing spot for a team who is willing to be patient with a player who has some crazy potential.

foozball
11-21-2009, 07:21 PM
18-25 range

Raw like Duane Brown a few years ago but with better measurables, so he goes a few spots ahead of where Brown went.

SuperKevin
11-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Probably the least sure thing LT of the junior OTs that might declare. Personally I think the guy is more likely to be be Langston Walker than Jared Gaither

SenorGato
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Probably the least sure thing LT of the junior OTs that might declare. Personally I think the guy is more likely to be be Langston Walker than Jared Gaither

+1

He's extremely overrated right now.

I'm not such which JR tackle I lost most, though Anthony Davis comes close.