PDA

View Full Version : Gruden was Buffalo's first choice

redbills
11-21-2009, 09:26 AM
According to WIVB-TV, the Bills "went after [Jon Gruden] hard." The efforts reportedly included a face-to-face meeting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/20/report-gruden-was-buffalos-first-choice/

Man I love Gruden.

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2009, 09:37 AM
this couldnt have fit into the fire Jauron thread?

whats with all these senseless Bills threads?

A Perfect Score
11-21-2009, 10:01 AM

Where was I when you became a mod?

The Bills are awesome. They will be even more awesome in Toronto haha.

I really like Gruden, and always have. I said in a few other threads that if I was looking for a coach last offseason, I would of looked no further then Gruden. I have enjoyed hearing him on Monday Nights, but Id like to see him on the sidelines again.

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2009, 10:14 AM
you dont have to be a mod to tell people that a thread is worthless.

besides, when did u become a mod telling me im not allowed to. jeez, no wonder no one likes you <.<

bored of education
11-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I care about the bills, ill make bilsl threads until they are closed and I am banned. Go Bills. If the Bills take Cowher out to dinner then I'm making a ******* thread in the Pro Football forum!

stephenson86
11-21-2009, 10:39 AM
i miss grudens banter with the refs, i hope he comes back one day

General Zod
11-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Gruden first day as the Bills head coach...

1. Sign 8 QBs to the roster.
2. Find the oldest active WR and sign them.

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Gruden first day as the Bills head coach...

1. Sign 8 QBs to the roster.
2. Find the oldest active WR and sign them.
no need for 8 Qbs. they have brian Brohmzzzzz

CC.SD
11-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Not a great fit IMO

Job
11-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Gruden is a great fit anywhere.

CC.SD
11-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Gruden is a great fit anywhere.

Exactly, so why stick him in Buffalo. I want to see him out and about wreaking havoc.

RaiderNation
11-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Gruden to Oakland please!!!!!!!!!!

CC.SD
11-21-2009, 11:24 AM

MNF receives 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders?

SuperMcGee
11-21-2009, 12:05 PM
I would've loved this soooo much.

Poop on you, Renji.

Raider_fan_Canada
11-21-2009, 01:46 PM
MNF receives 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders?

How about they NEVER get the Browns again!!!!???

Vox Populi
11-21-2009, 01:51 PM

This was the first one... The other might not be about a big time QB and just a practice squad player, but considering this is a draft site and that Brohm was a really big name QB prospect that everyone here knows about, I'm sure its relevant to people on this board. If you count them firing their head coach as senseless, well... m'kay...

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2009, 02:08 PM
This was the first one... The other might not be about a big time QB and just a practice squad player, but considering this is a draft site and that Brohm was a really big name QB prospect that everyone here knows about, I'm sure its relevant to people on this board. If you count them firing their head coach as senseless, well... m'kay...
the practice squad thread was really really useless and this thread is pretty useless too, the info couldve been just posted in the firing thread

redbills
11-21-2009, 02:12 PM
GayO just has a stick up his ass I think.

I really like Gruden so since he said not to BLo I hope he stays on MNF.

LonghornsLegend
11-21-2009, 02:40 PM
the practice squad thread was really really useless and this thread is pretty useless too, the info couldve been just posted in the firing thread

Worthless threads usually die after a few post, if that. The Brohm thread is on page 4 now, somehow I don't see that as useless and obviously lots of other people didn't either.

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Worthless threads usually die after a few post, if that. The Brohm thread is on page 4 now, somehow I don't see that as useless and obviously lots of other people didn't either.
thing is, these are things that dont affect the NFL at all. Brian Brohm signing is like nothing, they are discussing the monotheistic something something.

Splat
11-21-2009, 02:46 PM
I hope he stays on MNF a few more years I like his work.

Edit: Yes I know he got a new new will ESPN but that really means nothing.

Vox Populi
11-21-2009, 02:51 PM
thing is, these are things that dont affect the NFL at all. Brian Brohm signing is like nothing, they are discussing the monotheistic something something.

No, they're discussing it because this is a draft site and Brohm was kind of a big deal in the draft, especially at this forum and it was only a year and a half ago that people thought he might be a great pro prospect and people like to cling to that still despite the fact that no NFL team even bothered to sign him after he was cut and then the Packers still managed to get him back onto their practice squad. Mountains out of molehills, but someone like him is relevant to a decent amount of the community at a draft site.

LonghornsLegend
11-21-2009, 03:08 PM

And it bothers you that much? Obviously the thread was important enough to have a good enough discussion about it, and this is the NFL forum you know. But hey, who am I to stop you from playing moderator around here.

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2009, 03:11 PM
And it bothers you that much? Obviously the thread was important enough to have a good enough discussion about it, and this is the NFL forum you know. But hey, who am I to stop you from playing moderator around here.
who are you to be playing a mod and telling me what to do?

BleedBurgundy96
11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
This thread is epic.

We all know Gruden is going to DC anyways once Zorn is canned.

Why would he want to coach the Super Bowl 26 losers when he can coach the winning Washington Redskins LOL.

Staubach12
11-21-2009, 03:42 PM

I mean... I would consider an offer for the HC job in Oakland, but I'm not sure I'd take it. And I've never coached. And I have no job. So I'm not sure someone with things like experience would even think about considering taking that job... IMO.

PoopSandwich
11-21-2009, 07:05 PM

why the **** do you ever care jesus christ you never stop complaining

Vox Populi
11-21-2009, 08:10 PM
why the **** do you ever care jesus christ you never stop complaining

Stop complaining about his complaining or I'll report you! :P

Babylon
11-21-2009, 08:14 PM
This thread is epic.

We all know Gruden is going to DC anyways once Zorn is canned.

Why would he want to coach the Super Bowl 26 losers when he can coach the winning Washington Redskins LOL.

I think he'll follow his old mentor Holmgren to Cleveland.

BleedBurgundy96
11-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I think he'll follow his old mentor Holmgren to Cleveland.

Yeah he probably wont go to Washington. I was just joking around LOL.

Shane P. Hallam
11-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Their second choice is Charlie Weis ;)

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports Charlie Weis may not stay in Notre Dame for much longer, and the Bills may be looking to hire him. He was a finalist for the job when the Bills hired Mike Mularkey and could be a candidate again

wicket
11-22-2009, 11:34 AM

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports Charlie Weis may not stay in Notre Dame for much longer, and the Bills may be looking to hire him. He was a finalist for the job when the Bills hired Mike Mularkey and could be a candidate again

please hire him now, NOW. Takes the buyout out of the equation. pretty please

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 11:35 AM

I cant tell if this is serious or a joke LOL.

If the Bills hire Charlie Weis after what he did in Notre Dame id be shocked. Then again it is the Bills.

Shane P. Hallam
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Got it from The Red Zone. They cited Mort, gotta think it has at least a little bit of legs.

http://theredzone.org/Default.aspx?TabID=61&EntryId=1063

wicket
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM

If the Bills hire Charlie Weis after what he did in Notre Dame id be shocked. Then again it is the Bills.

they referenced it in the espn pregame show

Sniper
11-22-2009, 11:39 AM

Weis' coaching style is more suited for the pro game.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
they referenced it in the espn pregame show

I didnt watch the ESPN pregame show. Thanks for the heads up.

Weis' coaching style is more suited for the pro game.

Maybe it is. I dont think Weis is a good Head Coach. If the Bills hire Weis they wont win for a longgggg time IMO.

Sniper
11-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe it is. I dont think Weis is a good Head Coach. If the Bills hire Weis they wont win for a longgggg time IMO.

I don't think he's a good coach, either. However, I do think he'd be a better pro coach than a college coach.

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 11:47 AM
I don't think he's a good coach, either. However, I do think he'd be a better pro coach than a college coach.

Yeah id agree with that. Some coaches are better for the pro game and some are better for the college game.

I think Weis is best as a coordinator in the NFL.

EDIT - Nice avatar.

SuperKevin
11-22-2009, 11:50 AM
If getting Weis ensures we go after Jimmy Clausen then I guess I'm cool with that

BleedBurgundy96
11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
If getting Weis ensures we go after Jimmy Clausen then I guess I'm cool with that

Whats up with your location LOL???

SuperKevin
11-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Whats up with your location LOL???

I was raised in and now live in the DC area

Babylon
11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
i'm sure there's some reason why people other than bills fans would care who they really wish they could've signed until he signed with the network....

I think the interest is in Chuckie not the Bills.

Babylon
11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
i still can't figure out why.

Really, i like him a lot better as a commentator than as a head coach but that might be just me.