PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Harper RB, Clemson

Duffman57
11-21-2009, 12:41 PM
This guy hasn't got that many looks at clemson with CJ spiller but he has an amazing combination of size, speed and explosiveness at 6' flat 230 and has been rumored to run in the mid 4.4's and has amazing burst. He is a big guy who kind of reminds me of a Ronny Brown/Jon Stewart type of back, and he has that kind of explosion as well.

bergo23
11-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Is he a Sr. or a Jr?

draftguru151
11-23-2009, 08:38 AM
True sophomore. I really liked Harper coming out of hs but haven't been overly impressed with him so far. Still early though.

Cigaro
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
He's got the physical numbers, but on the field, he's been a complete bust. Ellington will be their main guy next year. He's a decent bit smaller, but he reminds me of Jorvorskie Lane. He's fat by no means(actually pretty ripped), but that's just immediately who I think of when I see his rare touches.

etk
11-23-2009, 07:53 PM
True sophomore. I really liked Harper coming out of hs but haven't been overly impressed with him so far. Still early though.

I was never a fan. Not surprised that he's disappointed so far. I remember our old random Jamie Harper vs. Tommy Streeter debate. Neither have really done much and we have so much depth at those positions that it didn't matter.

Interesting fact: His first college carry resulted in a lost fumble.

Cigaro
11-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I was never a fan. Not surprised that he's disappointed so far. I remember our old random Jamie Harper vs. Tommy Streeter debate. Neither have really done much and we have so much depth at those positions that it didn't matter.

Interesting fact: His first college carry resulted in a lost fumble.

Yep. I pondered that. And that lost fumble was Clemson's first overall offensive play of the season, and effectively the end of their season. Set the tone for the rest of the game versus Alabama, and after the beating, they were never the same. (no, not blaming Harper's fumble for Clemson's dissapointing season)

SeanTaylorRIP
11-24-2009, 09:10 AM
He looks so average everytime I see him run the ball.