PDA

View Full Version : Danario Alexander 1st day pick?

holt_bruce81
11-23-2009, 12:17 AM
I want peoples honest opinion on him. He's been absolutely tremendous this season. 92 rec, 1411 yds, 12 tds. I know stats in college for a receiver mean little when your talking about them as a prospect. but he's shown very good speed, not elite speed, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he ran a 4.45-4.50 at the Combine which is pretty dang good for a 6'5 215 pound Receiver. That with his 46 inch vertical........Is it to insane to consider this guy a 1st day pick?

MiWolves
11-23-2009, 12:32 AM
well in my opinion if he never got injured for his whole college career he would be a first round pick. he'll probably be a 3-4th round pick and whoever picks him will get a really good player. To be honest i dont even think hes at 100% yet so if he sits out for a year he'll be more of a beast then he already is.

JFLO
11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
I don't think he'll run in the 4.45-4.50 range. He's never had that type of speed, however he does have the massive body of a solid possession receiver at the next level.

He's most likely in the 4.55-4.60 range, but I don't think you can deny, 1) his hands, 2) his size 3) his toughness to come back from a couple knee surgeries

I think he is and he will remain a 3rd rounder until April. His injury history is pretty scary while he isn't going to put up gawdy workout numbers. I really like him though at the next level, if he can stay healthy.

11-23-2009, 08:41 AM
If his injury history becomes an issue at any point until the draft then this could be another Malcolm Kelly situation (for a similar type receiver), and I don't think teams will be as kind this time around. For his sake I hope not because he's super talented and productive at his size. Personally, that 46 inch vertical (if anywhere close to true) matters more than his 40 time. We know he's probably not going to run a sub 4.5 time.

regoob2
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
He's not as good as Malcolm Kelly was. Not real athletic or fast. Mid rounder. Can be a situational red zone guy.

holt_bruce81
11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
He's not as good as Malcolm Kelly was. Not real athletic or fast. Mid rounder. Can be a situational red zone guy.

He's very athletic.

Splat
11-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Isn't the first day of the draft only going to be the the first round?

If so then no he won't be a first day pick but I do feel he could shoot up some draft boards.

brat316
11-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Nah he won't be able to go 1st round.

ToldLikeItIs
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
He's going to have a Brandon Marshall-like impact for somebody.

lod01
11-23-2009, 06:41 PM
He's going to have a Brandon Marshall-like impact for somebody.

That's a far better comparison than malcolm kelly.

11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
That's a far better comparison than malcolm kelly.

I never compared him to Malcolm Kelly, just said he could be in for a similar situation and fall in the draft.

Shane P. Hallam
11-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Could happen. As said, obviously not a first day pick (i.e. first round pick). He could go as high as Late 2nd IMO. Could fall though as mentioned before, speed will be the key factor. Great hands and route running are his moniker.

regoob2
11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
He's very athletic.
If athleticism is quickness, long speed and change of direction then no he's not. He's more athletic that you or me but not when talking NFL starting WR.

Shane P. Hallam
11-23-2009, 07:04 PM
If athleticism is quickness, long speed and change of direction then no he's not. He's more athletic that you or me but not when talking NFL starting WR.

His ball adjustment skills are very good though, and some may consider that athleticism.

adamprez2003
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
well in my opinion if he never got injured for his whole college career he would be a first round pick. he'll probably be a 3-4th round pick and whoever picks him will get a really good player. To be honest i dont even think hes at 100% yet so if he sits out for a year he'll be more of a beast then he already is. thats my feelings exactly on the guy. a potentially amazing pick with fantastic upside and who's downside is a decent possession receiver at worse. Probably a 4th rounder but wouldnt fault a team for grabbing him in the 3rd. The combine will be huge for him

regoob2
11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
His ball adjustment skills are very good though, and some may consider that athleticism.
Id call that ball skills.

Sarcastro
12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Has Alexander been caught from behind this season? He is averaging 48 yards per touchdown reception, and he is outrunning the entire defense and beating guys that have angles on him for most of those TDs. I think people might be surprised at his combine.

ElectricEye
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I always fall for big receivers and sometimes I get burned, but I really like Alexander. Knee issues aside, I think he is athletic enough to be an NFL receiver. He's more straightline fast than people are giving him credit for. Don't think he'll have the ability to create separation as much as he did in college, but he should be able to get enough at the next level. Very complete receiver.

JhawkFitness
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Other than his injury woes its hard to find a knock on him. He's a 1st day pick in my book and I severely dislike Mizzery

ElectricEye
12-02-2009, 12:12 PM
To dispel the athleticism concerns; in his newest blog Scott called him "an amazing athlete with outstanding leaping ability".

regoob2
12-02-2009, 09:08 PM
To dispel the athleticism concerns; in his newest blog Scott called him "an amazing athlete with outstanding leaping ability".
That dispels nothing. He mas mediocre speed and quickness. "IF" he checks out medically after 2 serious knee injuries, he MAY be selected AS EARLY AS round 3. Hardly the guy Mizzou homers are making him out to be. Sorry for the caps.

holt_bruce81
12-02-2009, 09:14 PM
That dispels nothing. He mas mediocre speed and quickness. "IF" he checks out medically after 2 serious knee injuries, he MAY be selected AS EARLY AS round 3. Hardly the guy Mizzou homers are making him out to be. Sorry for the caps.

NFL scouts at the Mizzou/Kansas game told Bryan Burwell that because of the knee concerns, right now he's a 2nd maybe Early 3rd round pick.

And Mediocre Speed? lol have you seen his Touchdowns? He's not going to be the fastest Receiver in the draft but he'll have a 4.4 40 yarder.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 09:15 PM
NFL scouts at the Mizzou/Kansas game told Bryan Burwell that because of the knee concerns, right now he's a 2nd maybe Early 3rd round pick.
Ya Ive heard you say that before, you're stretching that for all you can.

When I see him play I see any early day 2 WR thrown into a productive system.

ElectricEye
12-02-2009, 10:12 PM

It's not just Mizzou fans who are saying that. Looks fast on film. Not quick, but not many guys his size are.

JhawkFitness
12-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Let me first state, I hate Mizzwho with a passion. That said, Alexander has more than adequate speed. Anyone who saw him late in the season saw him pulling away from defenders on long touchdowns runs that were off hitch routes so there was a lot of YAC yardage. My guess it he will time in the low-4.5's/high-4.4's. I actually think he got faster as the season went on due to his knee recovering from the injury. The last 3-4 games of the season he and Shipley were the best WR's in the Big XII.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I'll eat my hat if he runs a 4.49 or faster.

ElectricEye
12-02-2009, 11:35 PM

Might be a safe bet that he won't, but low 4.5 is a legit possibility.

TACKLE
12-02-2009, 11:37 PM
The guys got some speed.

(0:38 - 0:51)
xk_0xB437dA

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Might be a safe bet that he won't, but low 4.5 is a legit possibility.
I dont see him running a 4.5. 4.6 or higher imo with poor 3 cone and shuttle times. I just dont see it.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:39 PM
The guys got some speed.

(0:38 - 0:51)
xk_0xB437dA
That DB stopped running. lol. I remember saying that when I first watched that. Not gonna have 30+ yards to get to your top speed in the NFL like you have against Kansas State.

JhawkFitness
12-02-2009, 11:39 PM

Will you eat just the bill of the hat is he runs 4.53 or below? To be honest it doesn't really matter as long as he runs below 4.6. He is what he is, a tall receiver with good speed and jumping ability. Brandon Marshall ran a 4.56 and he seems to be doing ok in the NFL.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Will you eat just the bill of the hat is he runs 4.53 or below? To be honest it doesn't really matter as long as he runs below 4.6. He is what he is, a tall receiver with good speed and jumping ability. Brandon Marshall ran a 4.56 and he seems to be doing ok in the NFL.
He is absolutely no Brandon Marshall. You cant honestly think that.

JhawkFitness
12-02-2009, 11:43 PM

Was I comparing the 2? No. I simply stated that Marshall ran a 4.56 and he's doing ok in the NFL. Speed isn't everything in this game. Stop being so defensive.

ElectricEye
12-02-2009, 11:44 PM
He reminds me TONS of Kenny Britt. The fact he played in a very different offense means he isn't as much of a threat on go routes and such, but the physical profile is pretty similar. Britt is a tick faster and Alexander is a bit bigger, but the separation in both of those categories isn't much.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Was I comparing the 2? No. I simply stated that Marshall ran a 4.56 and he's doing ok in the NFL. Speed isn't everything in this game. Stop being so defensive.
Why would you mention a player if youre not comparing the two? Dont just say random things.

JhawkFitness
12-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Why would you mention a player if youre not comparing the two? Dont just say random things.

Ok, let me rack my brain for other WR's who have been successful in the NFL with mid-4.5 (or slower) 40's. Well Austin Collie comes to mind, Anquan Boldin too.

ElectricEye
12-02-2009, 11:48 PM

He's probably a bit faster than Marshall. Speed was never his game.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Ok, let me rack my brain for other WR's who have been successful in the NFL with mid-4.5 40's. Well Austin Collie comes to mind, Anquan Boldin too.
Those players have far better acceleration and lateral quickness. Alexander also doesnt appear to have natural hands. Bobbles a lot of balls. Dont forget the injuries and the system. Jerry Rice also didnt have great long speed. You forgot to mention him.

JhawkFitness
12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Those players have far better acceleration and lateral quickness. They're also 5-6 inches shorter.....ever try swerving really fast in a car? Ever try it in an SUV?

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:55 PM
They're also 5-6 inches shorter.....ever try swerving really fast in a car? Ever try it in an SUV?Not really the same thing there.

JhawkFitness
12-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Not really the same thing there.

Physics is physics. But Im gonna let this go, it's bugging me to defend an mU player.

regoob2
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Physics is physics. But Im gonna let this go, it's bugging me to defend an mU player.
Your not doing a very good job of defending him.

12-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Not really the same thing there.

It doesn't apply for everyone. Too much generalization in his statement.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 12:05 AM
It doesn't apply for everyone. Too much generalization in his statement.
Im a fan of a lot of big bodied WRs. Just not him. I dont see a starting NFL WR. Being 6-5 with a 46" vertical can help him out in the red zone but thats likely it. He better learn how to tackle.

JhawkFitness
12-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Your not doing a very good job of defending him.

I don't really have to, your argument is fairly redundant. "He's not very fast". Ok, well he was fast enough to average 15+ yards per catch against defense likes OSU, UT, and NU with 6 TD's longer than 60 yards. The point is, it doesn't really matter, like I said, speed isn't everything and his is more than adequate.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't really have to, your argument is fairly redundant. "He's not very fast". Ok, well he was fast enough to average 15+ yards per catch against defense likes OSU, UT, NU and Vtech. The point is, it doesn't really matter, like I said, speed isn't everything and his is more than adequate.
Ok but his quickness is below average, as well as his change of direction, bobbles a lot of passes, system, huge injury concerns, limited production to go along with poor speed. Not all 6-5 WRs are good. Heck most arent.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
double post.

JhawkFitness
12-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Ok but his quickness is below average, as well as his change of direction, bobbles a lot of passes, system, huge injury concerns, limited production to go along with poor speed. Not all 6-5 WRs are good. Heck most arent.

Limited production? 1600+ yards on 107 catches is limited production? WOW! He also must've hung on to a lot of those bobbled balls.

Did you actually see him play the last half of 2009?

12-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Limited production? 1600+ yards on 107 catches is limited production? WOW! He also must've hung on to a lot of those bobbled balls.

I think he meant before this year. Nevertheless, had he stayed healthy all four years we could be talking about a top 10 talent here.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 12:23 AM

How many seasons of high production has he had?

JhawkFitness
12-03-2009, 12:30 AM

The same number as Greg Matthews, Riley Cooper and Nyan Boateng.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 12:40 AM
The same number as Greg Matthews, Riley Cooper and Nyan Boateng.Who said they were day one picks?

JhawkFitness
12-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Who said they were day one picks?

Well, since only the 1st round will be on Day 1 in 2010 I'm guessing only the people clamoring for Cooper a few threads below this one. I actually didn't pay attention to the thread title and hadn't noticed the "1st day pick?" addendum. IMO, no, he's not a 1-3 round pick. If he is there in the 4th though I'd snatch him up. If he tests well at the combine (4.5X 40 and a 40+ vert) I could see him sneaking into the 3rd.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Well, since only the 1st round will be on Day 1 in 2010 I'm guessing only the people clamoring for Cooper a few threads below this one. I actually didn't pay attention to the thread title and hadn't noticed the "1st day pick?" addendum. IMO, no, he's not a 1-3 round pick. If he is there in the 4th though I'd snatch him up. If he tests well at the combine (4.5X 40 and a 40+ vert) I could see him sneaking into the 3rd.I forgot only round one will be day one this draft. I meant top two rounds. If he tests out so well and you're so high on him then why sneak into round 3? If he's 6-5 215 with a 46 inch vert and 4.5 speed coming off of a 1,600 yard 100+ catch season.

JhawkFitness
12-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I forgot only round one will be day one this draft. I meant top two rounds. If he tests out so well and you're so high on him then why sneak into round 3? If he's 6-5 215 with a 46 inch vert and 4.5 speed coming off of a 1,600 yard 100+ catch season.

I'm not really high on him, like I said I severely dislike Mizzwho and it'd be foolish to think NFL teams won't be scared away by his injury history. I just wanted to interject that he's not as unathletic as you're making him out to be. The mU S&C staff does very very good work with these guys and I fully expect him to run a 4.5X based on what I've seen over the years. I don't know about the 46" jump but if you tell me you have a 6'5" WR w/ even a 38" vertical jump I'll take a swing at him in the 4th just because of the RZ target he'd make.

Sarcastro
12-03-2009, 02:56 AM
He averages 46 yards for his 13 TD receptions this season, and he is constantly outrunning every defender to the end zone and beating them even when they have angles on him. The guy is not slow.

CC.SD
12-03-2009, 03:02 AM
I don't really have to, your argument is fairly redundant. "He's not very fast". Ok, well he was fast enough to average 15+ yards per catch against defense likes OSU, UT, and NU with 6 TD's longer than 60 yards. The point is, it doesn't really matter, like I said, speed isn't everything and his is more than adequate.

It's better than the 'bring up random successful players and wonder why people think I am making comparisons' argument. Terrible.

Alexander is a good prospect I see a little of the Patriot version of David Givens in him every time. Not a first rounder though.

jnew76
12-03-2009, 01:06 PM

About as many as your man crush, Arrelious Benn.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
About as many as your man crush, Arrelious Benn.

What? I don't think I've ever made a post about Benn on this site. Where did you get that from? I hate most Illini players of late.

nofalcons10
01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
drew brees would love to have alexander as another big target next year to throw to opposite marques colston.

alexander is alot like larry fitzgerald in open space and is more like colston in build.

people question his routes but i don't see it. when i watch his run-after-catch ability it reminds me so much of fitzgerald.

fitz
http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-cardinals/09000d5d80e3399c

alexander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maT76lC-L3g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bfEqi1BkqM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4505288&categoryid=null

i don't believe for one moment that he has a 46 inch vertical like they claim at missouri but he is another prospect that i really like.

TheSlinger
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I think danario's speed is underrated because he is a long strider and just doesn't look that fast when he runs, but he can move.

Megatron
01-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Deckerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Shipleyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz & Cooperzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz rules!

brasho
01-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I want peoples honest opinion on him. He's been absolutely tremendous this season. 92 rec, 1411 yds, 12 tds. I know stats in college for a receiver mean little when your talking about them as a prospect. but he's shown very good speed, not elite speed, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he ran a 4.45-4.50 at the Combine which is pretty dang good for a 6'5 215 pound Receiver. That with his 46 inch vertical........Is it to insane to consider this guy a 1st day pick?
The 1st day these days is the 1st round only... and there's no chance. If you're talking about him getting into the old days when the 1st day was 3 rounds, then absolutely. His measurables and production should be on par with Jordy Nelson's a few years back and he was high 2nd round. I would think Alexander would start getting serious looks halfways though round 2.

nofalcons10
01-10-2010, 04:01 PM
The 1st day these days is the 1st round only... and there's no chance. If you're talking about him getting into the old days when the 1st day was 3 rounds, then absolutely. His measurables and production should be on par with Jordy Nelson's a few years back and he was high 2nd round. I would think Alexander would start getting serious looks halfways though round 2.

jordy was only 6'2 and posted a mere 31 inch vertical.

marcus colston, vincent jackson, calvin johnson only posted in the 39"-42" range.

missouri claims that alexander posted a school record 46.5. (which i believe is impossible for a guy his size)
http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=898&CID=694292

alexander is also 6'5 and looks like he runs in the 4.48-4.5 range.

marques colston is 6'5 and ran a 4.5 and had a 39" vertical.

his YAC yards is phenomenal. the routes he runs are ver similar to terrell owens and L. Fitz(though i hate to name-drop).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbbaDcyR0-4

the saints would love to have him.

nofalcons10
01-12-2010, 05:40 PM
new danario alexander video fresh out of the oven.

enjoy folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfO3XOv0oEw

brasho
01-12-2010, 09:29 PM
jordy was only 6'2 and posted a mere 31 inch vertical.

marcus colston, vincent jackson, calvin johnson only posted in the 39"-42" range.

missouri claims that alexander posted a school record 46.5. (which i believe is impossible for a guy his size)
http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=898&CID=694292

alexander is also 6'5 and looks like he runs in the 4.48-4.5 range.

marques colston is 6'5 and ran a 4.5 and had a 39" vertical.

his YAC yards is phenomenal. the routes he runs are ver similar to terrell owens and L. Fitz(though i hate to name-drop).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbbaDcyR0-4

the saints would love to have him.

Calvin Johnson jumped 45... then Chaz Schiliens jumped something like 46 ay his pro day at nearly the same size as Calvin Johnson.

Alexander supposedly runs in the 4.6 range, Jordan ran something like a 4.49-4.51. despite being expected to run in the 4.6 range. When I said their measurables were comparable, I mean their height, weight, speed... and yes, I know Alexander is bigger, but they are both bigger WRs that run ok but not great and both had well over 100 catches in their last season in college. I expect Alexander to run about 4.55 and I think he is pretty cmparable to Nelson.

I don't care about VJ with WRs nearly as much as I care about it with DL, CBs, and RBs.. I pay more attention to the 3-cone with WRs.... though most guys with the explosion to run a good 3-cone have decent VJs.

Scott Wright
01-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I am actually working on Alexander's scouting report as we speak.

Look for it within the hour.

holt_bruce81
01-12-2010, 11:27 PM

Woohoo! Can't wait!

JHL6719
01-13-2010, 12:27 AM

I'm always leary of these "big" 6'5" WR's that aren't good route runners...have inflated stats.....catch 95 screen passes a year in college...and won't create much seperation against NFL DB's...

In your opinion....how does Alexander compare to guys like Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, Patrick Turner, Ramses Barden, etc?

All "big" guys with basically the same characteristics that were drafted too high...

Scott Wright
01-13-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm always leary of these "big" 6'5" WR's that aren't good route runners...have inflated stats.....catch 95 screen passes a year in college...and won't create much seperation against NFL DB's...

In your opinion....how does Alexander compare to guys like Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, Patrick Turner, Ramses Barden, etc?

All "big" guys with basically the same characteristics that were drafted too high...

Of that group I'd say he's closest to Barden. Much better athlete than the others.

nofalcons10
01-13-2010, 12:40 AM
alexander is the best of them all.

better than dez bryant. better than brizcoe. better than lafell.

i am a saints fan who watched terrell owens develop in san fransisco before he became terrell owens and this guy is very close to owens and fitzgerald on the slant and post.

i can tell you now that he is faster than marques colston who i see at training camp and at games. he can get deep like robert meachem.

i posted that video to show folks that he runs alot of the short routes that owens and fitzgerald runs in the middle of the field and takes them the distance. just like they do. but can also catch the deep passes just like they do.

as someone mentioned before, if you watch closely many defenders have an angle on him but he has a hidden gear that he turns on when he's open.

he may fall because of the injury but i tell you what, danario alexander is the best reciever in this class!

LickaMahfeetz
01-13-2010, 02:05 AM
alexander is the best of them all.

better than dez bryant. better than brizcoe. better than lafell.

i am a saints fan who watched terrell owens develop in san fransisco before he became terrell owens and this guy is very close to owens and fitzgerald on the slant and post.

i can tell you now that he is faster than marques colston who i see at training camp and at games. he can get deep like robert meachem.

i posted that video to show folks that he runs alot of the short routes that owens and fitzgerald runs in the middle of the field and takes them the distance. just like they do. but can also catch the deep passes just like they do.

as someone mentioned before, if you watch closely many defenders have an angle on him but he has a hidden gear that he turns on when he's open.

he may fall because of the injury but i tell you what, danario alexander is the best reciever in this class!
I wouldn't say he has a hidden gear. He's just deceptively fast. It's those long legs and long stride. Guys like that will always appear "slow" no matter how fast they really are.

baronzeus
01-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Lots of teams can use big, strong wide receivers like Alexander. Look for teams that struggled in the Red Zone last year to pick up a threat like him in the early/mid rounds.

FUNBUNCHER
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM

If you're a Bears fan, you may have to learn to love Alexander. Cutler needs a big target other than Olsen, and if Alexander is a 4th rounder and checks out healthy, he could be in Chicago.

The kid looks like a special talent, and even if his vert is 'only' 40 inches, at a height of 6'5 very few if any DBs will outjump him for balls.

I'm really curious to see what kind of speed he times out with prior to the draft.

nepg
01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't see why he isn't a first round prospect. He's got everything. He went all year without an injury issue, and a lot of people are saying he wasn't even 100%

kmartin575
01-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Ok, let me rack my brain for other WR's who have been successful in the NFL with mid-4.5 (or slower) 40's. Well Austin Collie comes to mind, Anquan Boldin too.

Larry Fitzgerald (I'm pretty sure), Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Chad OchoCinco. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all of them ran 4.5's or slower.

matts22
01-14-2010, 01:49 AM
Scott, I agree with most of your assessment of Alexander.

However, he did not "tear his ACL twice." This is a common misunderstanding, so I understand how you could be confused, but I think that reports like this are potentially damaging to his reputation because it makes him seem more injury prone.

The truth is that he tore his ACL and the ligament was reconstructed with a graft. The "second time he tore his ACL" was simply a graft failure. In other words, the problem was with the graft and it has nothing to do with Alexander or him being more prone to injury. Grafts do occasionally fail, but this should not make Alexander's ACL injury any worse than someone like Maclin's his freshman year, aside from missing additional time on the field.

Sorry if this is picky, but I wanted to point it out to you.

regoob2
01-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Larry Fitzgerald (I'm pretty sure), Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Chad OchoCinco. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all of them ran 4.5's or slower.
Are there any WRs who ran slower than a 4.5 who didnt make the pro bowl?

nofalcons10
01-15-2010, 08:25 AM

wes welker, sidney rice and brandon marshall are the only ones.

however, rice, cris carter, and tim brown were some of the greatest receivers of all time who made numerous pro bowls and are hall of famers.

JhawkFitness
01-15-2010, 04:53 PM

You wouldn't be implying that speed is overrated now would you?

regoob2
01-15-2010, 08:23 PM
You wouldn't be implying that speed is overrated now would you?Im implying that every WR that runs slower than a 4.4 everyone wants to compare to Jerry Rice or Fitzgerald.

JhawkFitness
01-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Im implying that every WR that runs slower than a 4.4 everyone wants to compare to Jerry Rice or Fitzgerald.

I really don't think people compare them so much as use their names as examples of WR's w/out "blazing" speed who have had success.

FUNBUNCHER
01-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Marques Colston is a pro bowl WR with 'slow wheels'. Michael Crabtree is another WR who many doubt could ever break 4.50 flat also.

Raw speed is just one part of the equation, but the ability to run crisp routes and sharp cuts - cutting in the open field is what really creates separation for the majority of NFL WRS, is even more critical.

And remember what the 40 really measures; how fast a player can accelerate on his towards reaching top end speed. I don't think any WR in the NFL accelerates faster than Wes Welker, but his top end speed is poor, ( i.e., he doesn't have another gear).
Larry Fitzgerald has average initial acceleration, but as he showed in last year's SB, once he gets up to full speed, he has the ability to blow through a secondary.

I haven't seen Danario Alexander play enough football to break down his game, but his stats tell me he should probably go not later than the 4th.

If he can handle the press and master NFL route running, he should have a career in the NFL.

holt_bruce81
01-22-2010, 03:27 AM
cTDP19DFQjk

um.....Super Nario!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superman8456
01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Eagles need that 6'4 receiver that can go up and get jump balls. Alexander in the 3rd to the Eagles, book it.

GoRavens
01-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Raiderzzz 1st Round Pick

JhawkFitness
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Alexander underwent surgery on his left knee today, he won't recover in time to workout for scouts prior to the draft.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Wow that sucks.

...for him. Id have no problem with Chicago taking him in the 7th now :)

ElectricEye
02-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah, that drops him a round or two. Not a day one pick anymore...

regoob2
02-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, that drops him a round or two. Not a day one pick anymore...
He never was.

GoRavens
02-18-2010, 08:26 PM
I see Alexander going in round 2 for sure.
Dez Bryant
Golden Tate
Arrelious Benn
Mardy Gilyard
and Brandon Lafell should all be gone in round 1/early second.
that leaves;
Jordan Shipley
Demaryius Thomas
and Danario Alexander for the second round.
- Teams will love his height/speed/vertical combination and draft him earlier than he should go. He'll need a lot of development in refining his game, but definitely has high potential

regoob2
02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
I see Alexander going in round 2 for sure.
Dez Bryant
Golden Tate
Arrelious Benn
Mardy Gilyard
and Brandon Lafell should all be gone in round 1/early second.
that leaves;
Jordan Shipley
Demaryius Thomas
and Danario Alexander for the second round.
- Teams will love his height/speed/vertical combination and draft him earlier than he should go. He'll need a lot of development in refining his game, but definitely has high potentialIf Gilyard goes in round 1 and Alexander in round 2 I will leave this forum forever.

ThePudge
02-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Alexander underwent surgery on his left knee today, he won't recover in time to workout for scouts prior to the draft.

I'd be surprised if he were drafted. NFL teams will just not be that interested in that weak set of knees. He's 7th-UDFA now after a poor Senior Bowl and now this.

GoRavens
02-19-2010, 07:17 AM
If Gilyard goes in round 1 and Alexander in round 2 I will leave this forum forever.

I didn't realize Alexander was injured.. That'll definitely hurt his stock and drop him down some rounds.. But Gilyard in the 1st could definitely happen. Teams will love his versatility.. Wait until the combine..Gilyards stock is on the rise.

Splat
04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Is it to insane to consider this guy a 1st day pick?

I guess so.

Has any one signed him?

RealityCheck
04-25-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuE-51d4zTk&feature=fvst

Cicero
04-25-2010, 06:56 PM
I was hoping someone would bump a Danario Alexander thread. Good times.

armageddon
04-25-2010, 07:53 PM
1st round talent. Too bad he was injured. I doubt he could pass a physical.

Supporting Caste
04-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Dude was slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. 7th rounder before the injuries.

armageddon
04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Dude was slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. 7th rounder before the injuries.

No slower than Fitzgerald.

armageddon
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Straight line speed is overrated unless you are a track star. Give me a guy who run 4.6 that runs great routes, has great hands and is illusive any day over a 4.3 guy who doesn't have these. I will take the Bolden, Fitzgerald, Vjax, Marshall and AJ over the DeShaun types all day.

brasho
04-27-2010, 01:06 PM

Jerry RIce running 4.6's is a myth, Gil Brandt said he ran 4.4. Terrell Owens was drafted out of UTC because of his size-speed ratio. He was definitely not considred slow. Fitzgerald was suppsed to run slow but then at his pro day he got under 4.5. OchoCinco was very fast when he came out, despite being 178 lbs he was still drafted early 2nd because of his speed.

If you want to point to guys that didn't run very well, look at Marshall (4.55), Colston (4.55), Boldin (4.68), and Cris Carter (4.7).

holt_bruce81
04-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Rams are interested in Super-Nario but aren't willing to sign him until he can pass a physical. I feel bad for him, 3 knee surgeries in 3 years.

baronzeus
10-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Danario just got his first NFL game. He has three catches for 59 yards and a touchdown in the first half.

ThePudge
10-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Danario just got his first NFL game. He has three catches for 59 yards and a touchdown in the first quarter.

I corrected it for you. The way it looks, Alexander may be the missing piece to St. Louis' offense this year. Big downfield threat. Just needs to stay healthy.

jnew76
10-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I am so happy right now. As a Mizzou graduate I have seen a lot of players go though our program and none of them worked any harder and overcame more than Danario. I could not be happier for a great young man and athlete who has never quit and never asked anyone to feel sorry for him in the process.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
10-17-2010, 01:13 PM
I wanted Danario so bad. I was so excited the Bears were talking to him. I was so disappointed when we passed. Now Im so nauseous.

Best of luck to you, Danario. You son of a *****.

niel89
10-17-2010, 06:38 PM
If he stays healthy is still a big if. In 5 weeks if he is still healthy I would really take notice. I hope he does well though.

ElectricEye
10-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Glad to see he's doing well. Hopefully the knees hold up because he's got one of the best skillsets out of most of big receivers to come out in the past few years.

V.I.P
10-17-2010, 09:10 PM
I wanted Danario in the 5th round soooooo bad, but instead we go with a punter Brent Bowden who isn't even on the roster anymore. I wish Danario the best of luck just NOT against Tampa next week. ;)

Scott Wright
10-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Really happy to see Danario doing well!

If not for the injury I think he would have at least been a mid-round pick.

holt_bruce81
10-18-2010, 01:50 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_d1b987ce-5d38-57fc-ac67-849bda3dc72d.html

I love it.

regoob2
10-18-2010, 10:38 AM
We'll see...... Haha

LonghornsLegend
10-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I guess it's not this thread, but it was another regarding the WR's and during the draft process I said I felt Danario Alexander would end up a better pro WR then Arrellious Benn. Obviously health is a big issue for him, but he understands the little things about playing the position of WR that Benn still has yet to learn even though he has alot more ability.

armageddon
10-23-2010, 01:05 PM
1st round talent easily. St.Louis reporters said he beat Marty Gilyard in a race recently. If the knees hold up, he could be special. I really want AJ Green too, but it looks like the Rams will win too many games this year with Bradford. The Rams completely manhandled the Chargers last week. That's a good sign. The score was closer than the actual play.