PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler Arrested for Gambling involvement

DuckHunt
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Chicago Bears Quarterback Jay Cutler has been arrested for illegal activity involving a gambling circuit involving professional athletes. Reports say that Cutler made a telephone call to place a bet, and gambling authorities intercepted the call, and returned it for a touchdown.

saw this on my friends forum thought id post it

brat316
11-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Lies........

no bare feet
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
wow, that was a good one.

11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Haha, you're funny, eh.

EvilNixon
11-23-2009, 09:53 AM
nice (10 characters)

T-RICH49
11-23-2009, 09:57 AM
ok that was pretty good

tjsunstein
11-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Got me good there.

Go_Eagles77
11-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Damn, right when I saw that authorities intercepted the call I was gonna make a joke but it turns out the joke's on me. :(

Borat
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Well played.

Don Vito
11-23-2009, 10:29 AM
That is great.

vidae
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Ok, that got me until I read the last line.

vikes_28
11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
That was pretty funny.

bigbluedefense
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
You know whats sad?

It didn't surprise me when i first read the headline. Like, I could see that happening. Then obviously as I read it I realized it was a joke. But think about that for a second. This was a very believable headline.

Thats not a good thing.

stephenson86
11-23-2009, 11:45 AM
the way he carries himself on the field he constantly looks like hes got some bad **** on his mind, like hes buried someone in his back garden or something

The Unseen
11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah I wasn't too shocked. Then I saw it was a joke. I was honestly disappointed.

I think I'm a tad too sadistic.

Go_Eagles77
11-23-2009, 11:50 AM
the way he carries himself on the field he constantly looks like hes got some bad **** on his mind, like hes buried someone in his back garden or something
That's because he's thinking about the way he's playing.

A Perfect Score
11-23-2009, 12:14 PM
You know whats sad?

It didn't surprise me when i first read the headline. Like, I could see that happening. Then obviously as I read it I realized it was a joke. But think about that for a second. This was a very believable headline.

Thats not a good thing.

you werent alone in this. I believed it as well.

Staubach12
11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
I knew it wasn't real once the word involving was used twice in that first sentence. A for real journalist would have worded it different.

marshallb
11-23-2009, 12:26 PM
You know whats sad?

Thats not a good thing.

Same here.

CC.SD
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Same here.

Samesies. Sorry Jay.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
i thought so too. it wouldve fit how this season went

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I believed it too haha. It would make sense with the like, 4 steps back he's taken this year from last year where he was the AFC's 3rd best QB.

killxswitch
11-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Nice, I"m surprised your rep hasn't skyrocketed.

11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I was also about to post OH ****, we sure won the trade now.

diabsoule
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I knew it wasn't real once the word involving was used twice in that first sentence. A for real journalist would have worded it different.

A "for real" journalist? How does that differ from a real journalist?

CC.SD
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Or a Fo Rizzle journalist?

SFbear
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I was also about to post OH ****, we sure won the trade now.

You definitely won the trade now that our first round pick is going to be a top 12 pick now rather than a late rounder. I don't see us winning any more than 2 more games for the rest of the year. I think regardless if you think Cutler has been exposed or he has just been "Rex Grossmaned" by the Bears, Denver wins hands down. It also looks like McDaniels was able improve Orton's deep ball accuracy significantly so another black mark for the Bears offensive staff in failing to utilize and develop talent. I'm glad to see Orton doing well.

And I also thought the article was legit at first =(. Worst. Season. Ever.

bigbluedefense
11-23-2009, 03:54 PM
You definitely won the trade now that our first round pick is going to be a top 12 pick now rather than a late rounder. I don't see us winning any more than 2 more games for the rest of the year. I think regardless if you think Cutler has been exposed or he has just been "Rex Grossmaned" by the Bears, Denver wins hands down. It also looks like McDaniels was able improve Orton's deep ball accuracy significantly so another black mark for the Bears offensive staff in failing to utilize and develop talent. I'm glad to see Orton doing well.

Orton always threw a decent deep ball in good weather.

Its windy Chicago that gave him trouble. In Denver where the air is thin, and theres no wind, he won't have a problem throwing it deep.

Playing in the AFC West aka warm weather bonanza will surely help as well.

SFbear
11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Orton always threw a decent deep ball in good weather.

Its windy Chicago that gave him trouble. In Denver where the air is thin, and theres no wind, he won't have a problem throwing it deep.

Playing in the AFC West aka warm weather bonanza will surely help as well.

Well he would overthrow receivers by 10-15 yards pretty much his whole career (on the road and home) with us so I don't think it was a wind issue. Basically like all the Cutler overthrows in the last game where the touch isn't there and it's almost like they're scared of throwing a pick.

I know people are sick of Bears fans on this board making excuses for Cutler, but we have seen this all before with Grossman and our other QBs and it's hard for us not to conclude that the Bears have mishandled yet another talented QB. Either that or we're just ******* cursed.

11-23-2009, 04:24 PM

I think with the way the Bears season has gone, we're certainly winnING, but it's not fully over. This isn't like we traded you Brett Favre. Jay's still young, and contrary to what many here would have you believe there was a time he was actually a very good QB. Scrubs don't lead the AFC in yardage and lead one of the top ypg offenses in the league. Also before this season he's never thrown more INTs than TDs, and was never really close to it either, boasting decent ratios. He also had a QB rating in the high 80s every year before this one, and that's a stat that doesn't really favour a QB like him. He did, however always struggle in the red zone and with INTs, but red zone playcalling was a big issue his entire career here, and I think the real lack of run game period in Chicago is hurting him there. You need to be able to actually THREATEN running the ball in the endzone or you sure as **** aren't passing it.

So if he can recapture the abilities that made him look like he was on the cusp of stardom and improve on the decision making, then the Bears can still win the trade. He looked pretty bad last night, he missed those throws to Hester and Olsen that he usually makes. The man has a great deep ball, I dunno what happened.

But yeah, even if you finish 4-12 and give us a great pick, winning the Super Bowl eventually with Jay isn't out of the question. And if you do, you haven't lost the trade. Really you won it unless Denver also won a SB(I can hope).

sweetness34
11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
I believed it too haha. It would make sense with the like, 4 steps back he's taken this year from last year where he was the AFC's 3rd best QB.

I don't think it's a surprise that Orton progressed when he went to Denver and Jay regressed when he came to Chicago. The talent level on both teams offensively (Denver >>> Chicago) and we have a history of killing QB's.

Jay needs an OL, a run game, and a new OC or it's going to be more of the same. He also needs someone to get into his ear hole when he makes dumb decisions and that has not happened here. They let Jay pretty much do whatever he wants.

McDaniels knows how to develop QB's and it's showing with Orton's progression this year. He looks like a more confident QB, his reads are better, his timing is better, and his accuracy improved.

That said, some of Jay's throws this year have been horrible' and when I read the OP I actually thought it was a true story. :(

regoob2
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I almost had a heart attack.

CC.SD
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM

It's gotten a bunch of people...too believable.

Staubach12
11-23-2009, 08:35 PM

Forgive the conversational tone.

wogitalia
11-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I didn't suspect it was a joke at all... kind of sums up Cutler and the public perception of him though.

thule
11-24-2009, 12:03 AM

I think it means he's african american?

DuckHunt
11-25-2009, 09:57 AM

No big deal, Calab Hannie would prevail.

Gay Ork Wang
11-25-2009, 09:58 AM
No big deal, Calab Hannie would prevail.
U mean Caleb Hanie?

BlindSite
11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I was coming in to make an interception joke :(

Jvig43
11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I was coming in to make an interception joke :(

Because Carolina is just so much better in that category eh? :)

thomasstuart
11-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Duck,

That's Juuuust Right! That's great! Pretty good. I thought this was legit at first.

Philliez01
11-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I feel like this is something I'd read in a Bill Simmons column. Only I like this.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any other players that could be as this believable. Unless it was like JaMarcus Russell Refuses Diet.

descendency
11-26-2009, 02:25 PM
This made me LOL pretty hard despite seeing it coming.

BlindSite
11-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Because Carolina is just so much better in that category eh? :)

5 better in fact ! holy ****, 5. Cutler what the hell?