PDA

View Full Version : Brian Rolle Ohio State OLB

Ozzy
11-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Brian Rolle
Junior OLB
Ohio State
5-11 220

The kid is a really good player, gets to the ball as quick as any and reacts really well in pass coverage. Sure he is a small linebacker but he has come out of nowhere and is a flat out star at times on the field. Reminds me a lot of Clint Sessions on the Colts or a faster London Fletcher.

Had a great game against Michigan and with another year under his belt at Ohio State he could easily be a first day selection. It has to be noted that his front four really helps keep him clean and keep blocks off of him. However Rolle regardless is stout at the point of attack, can get around blocks and make plays with his speed.
http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/BrianRolle-1.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/livingston_impact/photo/rollepickmfjpg-b11a8579c27f057a_large.jpg

ThePudge
11-23-2009, 12:14 PM
First day selection now means first round pick, which Rolle is not. I don't doubt that a team could take a flier on him in the Mid-Late 2nd next year, but I see the 3rd Round as the more likely landing place. Agreed, a very good player. If he were two inches taller and ten pounds heavier we may be talking about a Mid-Late first round pick.

Sniper
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
He's actually their MLB, but he's probably a WLB at the next level. He's very good. Fast, instinctive, aggressive. He tackles well and just seems to have a nose for the ball. One of my favorite non-UM players to watch in the Big 10.

Ozzy
11-23-2009, 01:00 PM
First day selection now means first round pick, which Rolle is not. I don't doubt that a team could take a flier on him in the Mid-Late 2nd next year, but I see the 3rd Round as the more likely landing place. Agreed, a very good player. If he were two inches taller and ten pounds heavier we may be talking about a Mid-Late first round pick.First day now means 1st, 2nd or 3rd round in my book. I do not see how first day means first round.

He's actually their MLB, but he's probably a WLB at the next level.True but just like you move corners to safeties and linebackers to defensive end, moving him to inside just makes the defense that much faster, and yeah he is a outside linebacker in the NFL.

draftguru151
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
First day now means 1st, 2nd or 3rd round in my book. I do not see how first day means first round.

True but just like you move corners to safeties and linebackers to defensive end, moving him to inside just makes the defense that much faster, and yeah he is a outside linebacker in the NFL.

The first day of the draft is only 1 round.

brat316
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
The first day of the draft is only 1 round.

I thought they were still thinking that over, when did they make that offical. Did they also then move it to Thursday.

edit nvm i found it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8116faa2&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Ozzy
11-23-2009, 01:14 PM
The first day of the draft is only 1 round.Well I stand corrected. You are right.

ThePudge
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Well I stand corrected. You are right.

No worries, it's new and it's very hard not to use the phrase "First Day pick" when evaluating 2nd-3rd Round prospects.

gator3guy
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
He impressed the hell out of me against Michigan. 5'11 LB's always have question marks. But if someone overlooks his height, they will get a good player.

SRogers92
11-24-2009, 11:42 AM
4th Rounder IMO ...