PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts Thread

kwilk103
11-23-2009, 04:36 PM
post here if you need help shopping, or putting things on your list

only things i have are modern warfare 2 and a demarcus ware jersey

know what im getting my dad, but need help with my mom and my brother (18)

im 21 and am graduating college in may, if that helps

tEk
11-23-2009, 04:42 PM
gift for a girlfriend, not jewelry or clothes...? any ideas?

CJSchneider
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM

What does he like and dislike?

Shane P. Hallam
11-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I always have trouble coming up with ideas for myself. Have to send out my list tonight, and I have nothing.

SwagU
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Depends, how long have you two have been dating?

Shane P. Hallam
11-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah, plenty of romantic things you can go with.

djp
11-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Just a short list that I made today...

1. External Hard Drive (My current one is only 120GB, its close to full)
2. Tuition money ... lol
3. Best Buy Gift Cards (these never fail)
4. Nice knit cap for the winter, I have a Miami one that's starting to fail me since it's been worn so much
5. Blu-ray player (Some stupid cheap ones on NewEgg and on Black Friday)

vikes_28
11-24-2009, 12:17 AM
I can never think of what I want. I asked for Madden 10 and a Vikings jersey, as well as some CD's. I also asked for Best Buy gift cards so I can buy an external hard-drive as well as a bigger battery for my laptop. I asked for visa giftcards so i can go buys clothes, cause I hate nothing more than when people buy me clothes and I am burdened with the hassle of exchanging them. Especially blue-jeans.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Last year I got lucky and found things for all members of my family while I was out and about. I have two younger brothers (5 and 8 now) and last year found sets of really powerful magnets. I got them both two sets of those and each their own silly putty. All of those I got at the dollar store. The magnets were the biggest hit of all their toys, for everyone in my family, lol. I got my younger brother a 5 pack of hot wheels in addition to the magnets and silly putty, and my older brother got an educational computer game. My sister (was 13 last Christmas) is an artist, so I got her some drawing notebooks, as well as an eisel and some pastel markers. I got my dad a multi-tool for work and all the other various things he works on. My mom got a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond, as well as some scented candles. (its kind of a tradition, the candles, lol).

This year i'm kind of stuck... I'm thinking about a gift card to AutoZone for my dad, and I'm sure I'll find something for my brothers. My sister is hinting that she needs new paintbrushes, so I'm set this year for her. I can't think of anything for the life of me for my mom or my gf right now. I'm thinking about a foot massage/heat unit, but that is kind of boring. As for my gf ,(its a new relationship, just a little over a month) I'm real stuck. I'm thinking about a necklace with her birthstone, but that also is a little overdone...

Brent
11-24-2009, 12:45 AM
my family is the worst about this, no one gets any one gifts any more because it's like, "if you want something go get it, who needs a ******* holiday?"

CashmoneyDrew
11-24-2009, 01:11 AM
my family is the worst about this, no one gets any one gifts any more because it's like, "if you want something go get it, who needs a ******* holiday?"

Same here pretty much.

SuperMcGee
11-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Sounds terrible.

I should stop buying things for myself at this point. I just bought 5 books and all seasons of Arrested Development, which could've been an easy gift from anyone in my family. I also can't be spending all this money on myself.

Brent
11-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Same here pretty much.
I blame it on my brother and my growing up. We've passed that point where x-mas is about presents and have gotten to where it's more about family than anything.

M.O.T.H.
11-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Last year was easy, this year not so much. I'm buying my sister a camcorder and season 1 of True Blood. And that's all I've got...I have no idea what to buy my parents or some friends. My mom is impossible to buy for. She always wants like kitchen stuff or something along those lines. But yeah, I dont want to buy my mom a new set of pots and pans or I dont know, a mop. lol.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Last year was easy, this year not so much. I'm buying my sister a camcorder and season 1 of True Blood. And that's all I've got...I have no idea what to buy my parents or some friends. My mom is impossible to buy for. She always wants like kitchen stuff or something along those lines. But yeah, I dont want to buy my mom a new set of pots and pans or I dont know, a mop. lol.
you can buy her:
http://goodbadandugly2.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/shamwow.jpg

CJSchneider
11-24-2009, 06:55 AM
I blame it on my brother and my growing up. We've passed that point where x-mas is about presents and have gotten to where it's more about family than anything.

That's the way it should be.

ironman4579
11-24-2009, 07:37 AM
My wife wants either an original Nintendo (which would be cheaper but more difficult to find) or a Wii (more expensive, possibly easier to find). And yes she's a girl, douchebags. I'll probably go with the Wii and the new Mario Game. So that's easy.

My dad and mom are impossible to buy for. My dad reads a ton, but if I buy him a book, he probably already has it. The last 2 years I've bought him a Chapters bookstore gift card, but he ended up using the giftcard to get me whatever books I wanted for Christmas, so basically I ended up buying my own present. My mom lives far enough away that I have to get something I can send in the mail or have delivered.

I also have to get my sister in law something based on a gift exchange. I have no idea. She's got three kids, so I should probably just get her a ticket to Mexico so she can GTFO. ;)

Seriously, I'll probably get her some pink oven mitts or something. More than likely my wife will just end up buying for her.

I'm asking for a bluetooth headset, some books, PS3 games, DVD's, or giftcards.

fischbowl
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Sounds terrible.

I should stop buying things for myself at this point. I just bought 5 books and all seasons of Arrested Development, which could've been an easy gift from anyone in my family. I also can't be spending all this money on myself.

Yeah I do that as well. It's now like I have to buy stuff for other people and it ******* sucks.

vikes_28
11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
I also asked for a snuggie for christmas.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-24-2009, 04:18 PM
1. Assassins Creed 2
2. Inglorious Basterds

That's all I can think of...

tjsunstein
11-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I want a new TV for my room but I don't want to put that on my list for my parents. I'll just buy it on my own after Christmas. I have a couple boring things such as books and select DVDs that I want but again, I'll just buy that on my own in the next couple of weeks.

My parents are so hard to buy for. It's almost annoying.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 01:05 AM
I just bought my sister an HD camcorder...one of those early bird online Black Friday deals. On sale from $139.99 for $69.99, so that wasnt bad. Doesnt have to be top of the line...just something she can use to follow her newborn around with. Now, I'm looking for the cheapest place to buy Dexter season one or True Blood season one. That will probably be Amazon, since I want to buy them new of course.

HawkeyeFan
11-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Sounds terrible.

Haha, I do the same thing!

Brent
11-26-2009, 01:14 AM
That's the way it should be.
definitely, we are a social creature, spending time with those we love and are related to is more important that trivial, material things.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 01:30 AM
That's all true but, I still actually like going out of my way to buy things for loved ones on the holidays. I think I'll end up spoiling the childrens If I ever have any though.