PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Vikings at Cardinals game flexed to SNF

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 02:07 PM
The NFL announced that the Week 13 game between the Vikings and Cardinals will be moved to Sunday night with the Patriots-Dolphins switching to a 1:00 ET start.

The Pats-Dolphins game isn't bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to the NFC North leaders meeting the NFC West leaders. A game featuring a 40-year-old MVP candidate in Brett Favre against a 38-year-old Kurt Warner is sure to drive up the ratings as well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Im kinda torn on this. The Vikings/Cardinals game is the better game but theres a chance the Patriots/Dolphins game could mean alot more if the Pats lose to the Saints and the Dolphins beat the Bills this week.

vikes_28
11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Two old asses going against each other. Its intriguing. Not to mention, Brett Favre is a fantastic prime-time QB.

FlyingElvis
11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
jeebus you're fast.

Good move by the league. The Pats/Phins game is no where near as sexy. It may turn out to be a good game since Miami plays NE tough.

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
jeebus you're fast.

Good move by the league. The Pats/Phins game is no where near as sexy. It may turn out to be a good game since Miami plays NE tough.

Thanks lol. Right when I saw it I made the thread.

If the Pats lose and Phins win this week it could set up a game for 1st place in the AFC East. The Vikings/Cardinals game is a better matchup for ratings so I see why they made the move. Both teams though pretty much have their divisions wrapped up.

It probably wont matter and will end up being the right move. I have a feeling the Patriots beat the Saints this week.

fenikz
11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
The Beantower will out rush AD in this game

vikes_28
11-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Don't flatter yourself.

djp
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
That means 3/6 games remaining for the Vikings are on primetime. I feel like I'm a fan of an NFC East team with all the primetime games.

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
That means 3/6 games remaining for the Vikings are on primetime. I feel like I'm a fan of an NFC East team with all the primetime games.

LOL welcome to the club.

The Dynasty
11-24-2009, 03:20 PM

Haha yeah very true. I was a little surprised they picked this game and not the Bengals @ Vikings game on 12/13 I think. But then I saw the Sunday night game and it was I think the Eagles and Giants playing and thats why.

FlyingElvis
11-24-2009, 03:24 PM

Favre is like crack for the networks.

Splat
11-24-2009, 03:27 PM

My FF team would be fine with that but unlikely.

fenikz
11-24-2009, 03:38 PM
odds are Cardinals choke on primetime as usual

djp
11-24-2009, 03:45 PM

Or they remember the ass kicking they got from TJack and the Vikings last year and come out inspired. That is if Warner is playing. Leinart just seems like he is a zombie out there.

fenikz
11-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Warner will play this week, and I don't think Leinart looked that bad, 10/14 for 75 yards, I mostly just blame the play calling for being way too conservative, and the 4 incompletion seem like they were all communication stuff

plus we clinched like week 8 last year, and played you week like 16?

dolphinfan2k5
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
This sucks. I hate Brett Favre.

vikes_28
11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Warner will play this week, and I don't think Leinart looked that bad, 10/14 for 75 yards, I mostly just blame the play calling for being way too conservative, and the 4 incompletion seem like they were all communication stuff

That's cause your division sucked last year. And not much has changed since then. It doesn't take much to win a division when you have the rams, 9ers, and seahawks. I guess the same is true for the NFC North. I know I'm stoked for this game. Can't wait.

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 04:43 PM

If you mean the division you didnt clinch that til week 14.

fenikz
11-24-2009, 05:13 PM
If you mean the division you didnt clinch that til week 14.

lol sure, cus the 9ers were gonna win out

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 05:43 PM
lol sure, cus the 9ers were gonna win out

We both know they werent. Im just stating the fact that your team didnt clinch til week 14 not week 8.

Crazy_Chris
11-24-2009, 06:06 PM

Now that they flexed the Vikes @ Cards game I'm pretty sure they will end up flexing out of the Vikes @ Panthers game in week 15. They may not if the Panthers end up right in the mix for a wildcard. However there are a couple other matchups that will probably be more meaningful GB @ Pit or CIN @ SD.

djp
11-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Now that they flexed the Vikes @ Cards game I'm pretty sure they will end up flexing out of the Vikes @ Panthers game in week 15. They may not if the Panthers end up right in the mix for a wildcard. However there are a couple other matchups that will probably be more meaningful GB @ Pit or CIN @ SD.

They won't flex out of that, I'm guessing. They don't care about the best "games", they care about the best ratings, and judging from previous games, Favre and the Vikings give the networks the best ratings.

Brent
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
I am torn, I want both teams to lose. I guess.... go Vikings?

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2009, 11:58 PM

You kicked our ass on the road this year.

Bucs_Rule
11-25-2009, 10:06 AM
What happens if New Orleans loses to New England and than wins out and Minnesota wins out? Both teams would be 15-1 with the only lose being out of conference.

FuzzyGopher
11-25-2009, 10:08 AM
What happens if New Orleans loses to New England and than wins out and Minnesota wins out? Both teams would be 15-1 with the only lose being out of conference.

I'm pretty sure they go off strength of schedule, although I think that scenario is highly unlikely.

Here's all the info, I'm to lazy and tired to decipher it all.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Gay Ork Wang
11-25-2009, 10:54 AM
yea strenght of schedule, and since the NFC North is weaker id think the saints would be higher

Bucs_Rule
11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Accordingy to the website, Its actually Strength of victory. If thats tied than strength of schedule.

The North and South are about in the same with records. Packers/Falcons are similar, Bears/Panthers are about the same and so are the Bucs/Lions.

The North played the NFC West which is a lot weaker than the East.