PDA

View Full Version : Will both 10-0 teams lose this week?

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 02:50 PM
After all of the feedback from the Upset Special thread last week I have decided to ask another question up for debate heading into week 12.

Will both 10-0 teams lose this week?

The Colts after four straight games where they have won by 4 or less (including a 20-17 win over Texans in week 9) head to Houston to face a Texan team reeling after back to back heartbreaking losses after a 5-3 start.

The Saints after having four straight games where the games were undecided until late beat the Bucs 38-7 this past Sunday. Now they setup a huge matchup on Monday Night Football in New Orleans against the 7-3 Patriots.

Both games should be great games that are close til the very end. The Texans need this game to stay in the playoff chase in the AFC. While the Patriots even though they beat the Jets 31-14 are still trying to get the bad taste out of their mouth from their last primetime loss in week 10 to the Colts.

Even though the Texans are 1-14 in their games against the rival Colts I have a feeling the Texans will win this game. This game could end up being the biggest game in their franchises history. They played the Colts close in week 9 and the game should of went into OT. I look for a insane crowd in Houston to be pumped as the Texans give the Colts their first loss of the season.

The Patriots even though they are 7-3 have as much talent as any Bill Belichick team IMO. They still have Tom Brady who has been in as many big games as any QB in NFL History. I think his leadership will help lead the Pats past the Saints on MNF.

What do you guys think? Will both the Colts and Saints lose this week? Or will just one of them lose? Maybe you think both teams will win and move to 11-0? Tell me what you guys think.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I actually was thinking about the same think and i think the Colts will win another one while the saints lose.

vidae
11-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I think they both win.

Flyboy
11-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Ehhh, all I know is this is one of biggest games in the history of the Saints in the Dome minus say 2006 against the Eagles. It'll be definitely rockin' for sure - haven't been this amped for a game in a long, long time.

tjsunstein
11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I think 1 of the 2 lose. Not sure which 1.

diabsoule
11-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Ehhh, all I know is this is one of biggest games in the history of the Saints in the Dome minus say 2006 against the Eagles. It'll be definitely rockin' for sure - haven't been this amped for a game in a long, long time.

You and me both, brotha.

UKfan
11-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I think the Colts will lose, we have been so lucky the last few games something has to give...

sbh15
11-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I honestly don't see much resistance to the Colts going 16-0.

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
After 17 votes in im the lone guy taking both the Texans and Patriots.

I feel so lonely. :(

I picked the Pats but I will be rooting hard for the Saints. I dont like the Pats and I like teams that have a long history of losing.

Id like to see a team like the Saints win the Super Bowl. Their fans deserve it.

Gay Ork Wang
11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Saints and Colts can both clinch the division with a win and Jags/Atl loss

Brothgar
11-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Texans can't close and Saints don't lose at home. So both will remain undefeated.

Rosebud
11-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Was talking about this at the gym today. I've got the pats upsetting the Saints, but the Colts are going to beat the Texans, it'll be a close game and if they win it wouldn't be a shock, but I don't think the texans will pull it off.

Crazy_Chris
11-24-2009, 06:16 PM
After 17 votes in im the lone guy taking both the Texans and Patriots.

I feel so lonely. :(

I picked the Pats but I will be rooting hard for the Saints. I dont like the Pats and I like teams that have a long history of losing.

Id like to see a team like the Saints win the Super Bowl. Their fans deserve it.

I went with both losing aswell, although I am not so sure on the Colts losing. I think the Saints are definatly going to lose though.

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I went with both losing aswell, although I am not so sure on the Colts losing. I think the Saints are definatly going to lose though.

Welcome to the minority LOL.

JT Jag
11-24-2009, 07:25 PM
I honestly don't see much resistance to the Colts going 16-0.I could definitely see the Colts locking up a bye and then cashing it in during December. The biggest threat would be the Jaguars game, at Jacksonville--- the Colts won't have much motivation, because they should have a bye locked up and may even own the first seed, but the Jags will be playing for their playoff lives in front of national TV.

MetSox17
11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I think the Patriots are gonna trash the Saints. The Colts should win handily in Houston also.

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I think the Patriots are gonna trash the Saints.

I hope not. Im looking forward to a high scoring game that is decided in the final minutes.

marshallb
11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the minority LOL.

I joined the club too. I think the Colts luck will run out and I think the Pats will be pissed about not taking the Colts undefeated season from them and will make sure they get the Saints.

BleedBurgundy96
11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I joined the club too. I think the Colts luck will run out and I think the Pats will be pissed about not taking the Colts undefeated season from them and will make sure they get the Saints.

Sounds good. Welcome to the club. On a different note thats a sweet sig dude.

marshallb
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Sounds good. Welcome to the club. On a different note thats a sweet sig dude.

Glad to be in it, and thanks on the sig. steel man made it for me a couple weeks back and did an incredible job on it.

Saints-Tigers
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Can't see the Saints losing at home if they continue to take games seriously.

That said, we may need a wakeup call to show us that we are vulnerable, but I think we come out to play this week, and get caught in a trap game. I can't see the Saints getting blown out, but that's why we play the games, and as long as it's close, we are always capable of quick scores :D

LonghornsLegend
11-24-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm silently hoping the Saints don't lose until they play the Cowboys, but that's just wishful thinking :( Still like the Saints and Pats this week, Saints can run the table with that offense, the Colts won't go 16-0, if it was just this easy they would have done it a long time ago after they always start off 7 or 8-0. They will hit a bump in the road pretty soon like always, it's not really anything new for them to start a season off undefeated and they haven't accomplished the feat before so eventually they'll lose a few.

CC.SD
11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Kind of an interesting thought but very doubtful.

Dude Longhorns I'm not so sure the Cowboys want the Saints right now after putting up 7 against the Skins-who-lost-to-the-Lions

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Kind of an interesting thought but very doubtful.

Dude Longhorns I'm not so sure the Cowboys want the Saints right now after putting up 7 against the Skins-who-lost-to-the-Lions-but-then-somehow-beat-the-Broncos-by-10-damn-you-Chris-Simms-and-Brett-Kern!

I think the Saints lose. That said, I only see two outcomes for that game, TBH. Either Saints wake up and play a complete game against a non-trash opponent for the first time in a long time and win, or the Pats win by at least two scores. I really don't see a close Pats victory in this one.

I think the Colts win. Texans aren't good enough. Maybe if they drafted Vince instead of Mario.

[/baiting MarioPalmer]

Auron
11-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately I think the Saints will lose this week, I believe they are bound to lose at some point in this season and honestly if they are going to drop a game I'd prefer it be this one... if given the choice.

Obviously New England is an elite team and I don't believe there will be any shame in losing to a team like that unless it looks like there is no effort at all. It goes a little bit beyond that.. though although we've faced some good QBs... Brady is really the first truly elite QB we're going to face and our Secondary has been banged up lately.... I just don't know if we have enough out there against Welker & Moss. If the Saints do play a complete game, (which is what I feel they need to beat the Pats) then I can be pleasantly surprised.

As for the Colts I can't see them losing to the Texans... yes the Texans have a shot they are at Home.. but after what I saw Tennessee do to them I'm just really iffy on their chances.... unless Indy comes out really flat, and plays a terrible game.

TitanHope
11-24-2009, 09:27 PM
I think the Saints lose. That said, I only see two outcomes for that game, TBH. Either Saints wake up and play a complete game against a non-trash opponent for the first time in a long time and win, or the Pats win by at least two scores. I really don't see a close Pats victory in this one.

I think the Colts win. Texans aren't good enough. Maybe if they drafted Vince instead of Mario.

[/baiting MarioPalmer]

They would've never had to trade those two 2nd RD'ers for Schaub, and could've invested them on an OL and DB... /baiting MarioPalmer ;)

I don't see the Colts losing to the Texans. I actually think that one won't even be close. The MNF loss to VY and the Titans is a will breaker, and they'll be without FS Eugene Wilson who'll miss 3 weeks.

Saints vs Patriots is a toss up. Really have no idea who'll win.

But anyway, no, I don't think both will lose.

Saints-Tigers
11-24-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm just prepared for whenever the saints do lose, that we'll be bombarded with Saints are overrated/exposed, etc etc.

11-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I honestly don't see much resistance to the Colts going 16-0.

They play the Brett "Just wins Games" Kern led Titans after the Texans.

Auron
11-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm just prepared for whenever the saints do lose, that we'll be bombarded with Saints are overrated/exposed, etc etc.

Even though this game will be hyped to no end... it really is the least important regular season game left on the Saints schedule.

An AFC opponent, Non conference game is lower on the ladder of tie-breakers when deciding Home Field advantage.. and Minnesota's only Loss this season came to an AFC opponent (Pittsburgh) So if we drop one to the Patriots it won't kill us, where as Conference games have a lot more importance.

Obviously I'd rather not see them lose, but again if they had to lose one realistically.. I'd rather them lose this one vs. the Patriots... then if they beat the Pats and then came out emotionally flat the following week and lost on the Road to the Redskins.

P-L
11-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I can't see the Colts going 16-0. It takes luck to go 16-0 and it seems like the Colts are running out of it. That said, I don't think New Orleans will either.

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2009, 10:13 PM
I can't see the Colts going 16-0. It takes luck to go 16-0 and it seems like the Colts are running out of it. That said, I don't think New Orleans will either.

The Colts schedule is pretty easy down the stretch but they will start to sit players when they clinch home field. I can see them losing when Sorgi is QB in Week 15 or 16.

MetSox17
11-24-2009, 10:17 PM
The Colts schedule is pretty easy down the stretch but they will start to sit players when they clinch home field. I can see them losing when Sorgi is QB in Week 15 or 16.

If they're undefeated, no way in hell they just pack it in at the end of the year.

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2009, 10:26 PM
If they're undefeated, no way in hell they just pack it in at the end of the year.

That's always been their mantra.

MetSox17
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
That's always been their mantra.

How many times have they been 14-0?

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2009, 11:11 PM
How many times have they been 14-0?

Never but when they were 13-0 in 2005 they said they would not play to go undefeated.

yo123
11-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Never but when they were 13-0 in 2005 they said they would not play to go undefeated.

That was with Dungy though.

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2009, 11:14 PM
That was with Dungy though.

I'm sure Caldwell feels the same way. It also seemed like it was an organizational thing more so than Dungy. Polian was pretty adamant about it.

yo123
11-24-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm sure Schwartz feels the same way. It also seemed like it was an organizational thing more so than Dungy. Polian was pretty adamant about it.

You mean Caldwell, but I see what you're saying. That would be pretty lame though, I'd like to see them go for it. The schedule is definitely in their favor.

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2009, 11:16 PM
You mean Caldwell, but I see what you're saying. That would be pretty lame though, I'd like to see them go for it. The schedule is definitely in their favor.

Haha yeah. No idea why I had Detroit on the mind there. I think Peyton would start and play a half later in the season but be gone by the 2nd half.

BleedBurgundy96
11-25-2009, 12:19 AM

Honestly I never believed that. I think they would of played for the record. We will never know though.

Giantsfan1080
11-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Honestly I never believed that. I think they would of played for the record. We will never know though.

I guess this year we'll see.

CC.SD
11-25-2009, 12:22 AM

lol yeah because the Chargers went into their dome and beat them. It's not like they were 13-0 and decided they didn't want to win 3 more games.

Giantsfan1080
11-25-2009, 12:24 AM
lol yeah because the Chargers went into their dome and beat them. It's not like they were 13-0 and decided they didn't want to win 3 more games.

I know this but even before the game they were saying they didn't care about being undefeated. It could have been lip service but it seemed genuine. I think the craziest thing is that this might end up being the best regular season Colts teams the last 10 years. I don't know if it's the product of an easy schedule but I can't believe this team is undefeated.

BleedBurgundy96
11-25-2009, 12:26 AM
I guess this year we'll see.

Yeah I guess we will if they dont lose to the Texans this week like I think.

I would of really liked to see what that Colts team in 2005 would of done if they did beat the Chargers to go to 14-0.

CC.SD
11-25-2009, 12:30 AM
I know this but even before the game they were saying they didn't care about being undefeated. It could have been lip service but it seemed genuine. I think the craziest thing is that this might end up being the best regular season Colts teams the last 10 years. I don't know if it's the product of an easy schedule but I can't believe this team is undefeated.

Hm definitely up there but they have gotten out of some ridiculous scrapes, I don't think they make it to sixteen wins.

Giantsfan1080
11-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Hm definitely up there but they have gotten out of some ridiculous scrapes, I don't think they make it to sixteen wins.

Who do you think gives them their 1st loss?

billybeejr
11-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Didnt indy say they wouldnt play for 16-0, d it anyway, and get blown out? and mivhael turner had a career game? IDK I dont remember.

BleedBurgundy96
11-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Didnt indy say they wouldnt play for 16-0, d it anyway, and get blown out? and mivhael turner had a career game? IDK I dont remember.

They didnt get blown out. The Chargers were leading 19-17 late in the 4th quarter and Michael Turner had a 83 yd TD run. The Chargers won 26-17.

Heres the video....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005121805/2005/REG15/chargers@colts/analyze/box-score#tab:watch

11-25-2009, 11:01 PM

Patriots did the same thing in their undefeated season though. Anyone remember Bart Scott's hilarious meltdown in the Pats-Ravens game? Hahahaha. Also the Colts game saw Peyton Manning go down the field for a potential game winning drive before he was sacked+fumbled.

Also, people don't mention it often, but the Pats had an absolutely ridiculous schedule that year. They did get off a little bit easy because their own division sucked and the AFC North wasn't that good, but they played six playoff teams. The Chargers, the Steelers, the Colts, the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys. The Eagles were 8-8 that year, too. That's a damn impressive schedule for going 16-0 against. Average for 13-3, but exceptional for 16-0.

11-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Haha yeah. No idea why I had Detroit on the mind there. I think Peyton would start and play a half later in the season but be gone by the 2nd half.

Maybe you were thinking of when the Lions said when they were 0-13 that they weren't gonna play to stay winless? haha.

datchapin
11-27-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm sure both teams are aware of their streaks. I think the Saints aren't used to the situation and play a tougher opponent. I think N.E. pulls this win off.

The performance of the Texans was sub-par on MNF. They frustrate me with their jekyll and hyde identity. However they need this game badly and should be motivated after laying an egg. They should beat the Colts this weekend. Though we placed our starting FS on IR it will make it tougher. If the Texans don't win this game our seasons pretty much done except the waiting. Kubiak will probably be out the door and pursuing of another HC will commence.

Also to you guys trying to bait Mario/Palmer.... please don't. The guys not even a Texans fan and it really aggravates me as a Texan fan how you try to bait the guy.

LonghornsLegend
11-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Also to you guys trying to bait Mario/Palmer.... please don't. The guys not even a Texans fan and it really aggravates me as a Texan fan how you try to bait the guy.

He hasn't even posted in this thread at all, not sure why that was relevent here. I also haven't seen anyone 'baiting him' into anything, he's just a huge Mario Williams homer and he acts like VY stole his girlfriend since he can't seem to make a comment about him without sounding legitimately angry and jealous.

Seasonticketholder
11-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Saints 48 Patriots 31

Texans 27 Colts 23

Those are my predictions.

Nalej
11-27-2009, 10:35 PM
The Saints will not score 48 points on the Pats.

Xonraider
11-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I REALLY want a 16-0 vs 16-0 super bowl. Unlikely but it would be awesome!

Brent
11-28-2009, 11:56 AM
SAINTS ARE OVERRATED! THEY HAVE AN AWFUL DEFENSE BLAH BLAH BLAH.

like that?

11-29-2009, 02:43 PM

The Colts are just amazing. If you scrape through one of these types of games once or twice, that's luck. But to win 5 straight(looks like they'll win today) while trailing in the 4th is not luck. That's taking care of business when the game is on the line. They might not go 16-0 but I think they'll win the SB. Hopefully it's against the Saints because that will be an exceptionally awesome game.

LonghornsLegend
11-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Who didn't know the Texans were losing that game? Seriously. I saw how much they were up at halftime and had 100% complete confidence they would find a way to lose, 50% of it was the way the Texans or Kubiak finds ways to lose games, and the other half was how the Colts can just put together a few streaky drives in the 2nd half like nothing.

vikes_28
11-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Go New England!!!!

B-Dawk
11-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I REALLY want a 16-0 vs 16-0 super bowl. Unlikely but it would be awesome!

especially since it would be 18-0 vs 18-0

killxswitch
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
What's the status of Greer, Sharper, and Porter tonight?

edit: ok I looked it up myself - Greer and Sharper seem like they're good to go, and Chris McAllister was signed to take Porter's spot. I wonder if he'll have a career revival like Sharper did in NO.

I think the Saints will win. The passing offense is even, NO's rushing attack is better, and I think NO's defense has better players. NE might out-scheme or out-coach but NO has more talent IMO and should win.

Saints-Tigers
11-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I think the Patriots are gonna trash the Saints.

Back to the drawing boardddd