PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Day: Raiders @ Cowboys

D-Unit
11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Gobble, gobble... Cowboys usually win on Thanksgiving. I'm gonna love seeing the guys on defense do their turkey wing trot. That dance is hilarious. Trap game? Hell no. I have a feeling it's gonna be a romp! Dallas by over 13 points. One simple key. Easier said than done, but put the gas on early. If we score early and make this a game of catch up for the Raiders then their running game is useless and forcing them to pass will result in sacks, ints and big smiles. Statement game.

They say Jason Witten might be out, but that might not be as bad as it sounds. Bennett has yet to have a chance to shine.

Last 2 weeks, the Cowboys have faced the #1 passing defense (Washington) and the #4 passing defense at the time (Green Bay). This week, Oakland is #12. That's almost like a relief. Expect fireworks in the air and on the ground as Oakland is nearly last at 30th against the rush. Big money, on Big D, on a Big Holiday!

leroyisgod
11-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Gobble, gobble... Cowboys usually win on Thanksgiving. I'm gonna love seeing the guys on defense do their turkey wing trot. That dance is hilarious. Trap game? Hell no. I have a feeling it's gonna be a romp! Dallas by over 13 points. One simple key. Easier said than done, but put the gas on early. If we score early and make this a game of catch up for the Raiders then their running game is useless and forcing them to pass will result in sacks, ints and big smiles. Statement game.

They say Jason Witten might be out, but that might not be as bad as it sounds. Bennett has yet to have a chance to shine.

Last 2 weeks, the Cowboys have faced the #1 passing defense (Washington) and the #4 passing defense at the time (Green Bay). This week, Oakland is #12. That's almost like a relief. Expect fireworks in the air and on the ground as Oakland is nearly last at 30th against the rush. Big money, on Big D, on a Big Holiday!

Ever the optimist, I love it. I expect a tight game for 1 1/2 quarters and then we pull away.

11-25-2009, 07:26 AM
You may be able to pass against us, but the ball sure as hell ain't gonna be going to Bennett. Branch is gonna have him on lockdown!

herniateddisc
11-25-2009, 07:41 AM
A little smack talking to make the tryptophan go down smooth.

Brine the turkey and stuff the Raiders.

Cowboys 72
Raiders 5

11-25-2009, 07:44 AM
The one thing I'll give you guys is that the play of your corners is much improved from the last time we saw you guys in the preseason. You had me fooled thinking Russell was actually in for a breakout season. Silly Cowboys lol.

herniateddisc
11-25-2009, 07:47 AM
The one thing I'll give you guys is that the play of your corners is much improved from the last time we saw you guys in the preseason. You had me fooled thinking Russell was actually in for a breakout season. Silly Cowboys lol.

619, how is Tyvon doing for you guys??

CT guys if I remember.

EvilNixon
11-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Raiders 27 Cowboys 17 :)

11-25-2009, 07:53 AM
619, how is Tyvon doing for you guys??

CT guys if I remember.

Tyvon has been one of our biggest surprises on defense. I never really thought he'd have much trouble converting from corner to SS, but even I've come away mighty impressed by his play. He covers TEs/receivers close to as well as Nnamdi does (I'm not kidding) and he's a tackling machine - second on the team in tackles behind Morrison. The only thing I'd like to see from him is some playmaking ability, which we have yet to see probably due to scheme responsibilities.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
11-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Seriously-this should not be close. Cowboys should easily win. Doesn't mean they will, but we should. I think the talent level favors the Cowboys. I am not saying this WILL be the final score, but this is about what it SHOULD be.

Cowboys-35

Raiders-10

Cowboys are better at ever position.

D-Unit
11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Tyvon has been one of our biggest surprises on defense. I never really thought he'd have much trouble converting from corner to SS, but even I've come away mighty impressed by his play. He covers TEs/receivers close to as well as Nnamdi does (I'm not kidding) and he's a tackling machine - second on the team in tackles behind Morrison. The only thing I'd like to see from him is some playmaking ability, which we have yet to see probably due to scheme responsibilities.
When I watched the Raiders earlier in the year, I was super impressed with Chris Johnson. That guy is underrated. I'm interested to see him match up against Austin. Unless Nnamdi is on Austin which in that case, I'll be even more interested.

The one thing the Raiders do have going for them is Gradowski. I'd rather face Russell.

LizardState
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
They will put Ndami on Austin, count on it. Austin is not a secret anymore, & we've discussed at length how Roy Williams doesn't scare anybody.

Neither is Romo going to Witten on a slant or sideline route on 3rd & long. That's the time for the pump fake to Witten & swing pass or screen to Choice or Barber.

It will be over early if the Cowboys have a 2-score lead, Raiders are worthless at playing catchup.

The fumbled KO return doomed Cincy, again Dallas has to be mindful of ball security & as the Raiders strip ballcarriers on ST & defense.

Prediction: Dallas 34, Raiders 16

11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
It will be over early if the Cowboys have a 2-score lead, Raiders are worthless at playing catchup.

Oh, really? Actually, we can play catchup with Gradkowski under center, in fact, we came back from a two-score deficit last week. I hate to say it, but Dallas' offense doesn't scare me anymore than what we had to go up against Cincy. Nothing special, nothing we haven't seen before. I always had extreme confidence in our defense, as long as they're into the game mentally, which they should be since it's nationally televised.

Nnamdi for the majority of the year has covered the opposing team's second receiver/decoy. I don't know whether that'll be Austin or Williams this week, probably Williams.

FreshBoy!
11-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I hate to say it, but Dallas' offense doesn't scare me anymore than what we had to go up against Cincy.

:) Hahaha, you're going to sit in front of a television and watch the game. They don't need to scare you, or even the Raiders. They just have to play to their level and not Oakland's, and they win this game pretty easily.

This is the game the 'boys offense get their mojo back. Defense continues to play great, I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.

thule
11-25-2009, 06:04 PM
The only reason this game gets out of hand is a west coast team going east with onl hree games to prep

11-25-2009, 08:07 PM
:) Hahaha, you're going to sit in front of a television and watch the game. They don't need to scare you, or even the Raiders. They just have to play to their level and not Oakland's, and they win this game pretty easily.

This is the game the 'boys offense get their mojo back. Defense continues to play great, I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.

That level you speak of apparently wasn't very good the last two or three weeks. I'm not expecting a win, but don't come in here and start telling me you're gonna blow us out of the water. Only way your offense gets that 'mojo' back is when Garrett decides to go run-first. If you think you're gonna expose us through the air all game you got the wrong team. Get used to a lot of three and outs if that's gonna be the case. Once you follow that gameplan you could already tally this one up as another ugly-fought contest. That's the Oakland Raider brand of football of today. Just how we like it. Go ahead, play right into our gameplan.

D-Unit
11-25-2009, 09:04 PM
That level you speak of apparently wasn't very good the last two or three weeks. I'm not expecting a win, but don't come in here and start telling me you're gonna blow us out of the water. Only way your offense gets that 'mojo' back is when Garrett decides to go run-first. If you think you're gonna expose us through the air all game you got the wrong team. Get used to a lot of three and outs if that's gonna be the case. Once you follow that gameplan you could already tally this one up as another ugly-fought contest. That's the Oakland Raider brand of football of today. Just how we like it. Go ahead, play right into our gameplan.
Yesterday I felt a blowout was possible. Today I remembered that Jason Garrett is our Offensive Coordinator. Bah. :(

Xonraider
11-25-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.

You're in for a surprise my friend.

M.O.T.H.
11-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Romo has never lost on Thanksgiving, hopefully it continues.

65-91 832 yards 10 TDS 2 INTS 71% in his 3 games.

Those are his sexy Turkey Day numbers. Hopefully, he plans on topping that 5 TD performance he had against the Bucs a few years ago. :D

NIN1984
11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
of course I don't see the Raiders winning, I never do. But if Oakland just wants to stay in the game, the defense has to play lights out like the did vs the Eagles. The Raiders defense can be great when they want to be. when Aso and Johnson are playing man on man and we start blitzing Howard, Huff, Branch, like we did a few times this season we have a chance to at least make things interesting.

herniateddisc
11-26-2009, 10:23 AM
My keys to having a good O (game) today.

1) Keep Miles on the Left side
2) Keep Witten on the right side and split him out frequently vs Nashumundiotosisu. That is "strand" a unhealthy but dangerous star on thier best cover corner.
3) Run the ball between the tackles with MBIII and Jones
3b) Keep Martellus on the left side and split him out left to force the SS into coverage or the LB mismatch. Helps take a player out of the box for run/pass optionality.
(*** so lots of 2 TE sets with Martellus as the focal point)
4) RB Wheel Route and Screens on 5/7 Step Drops with 3/4 WR sets -- overly aggressive D attacking the QB and you can get their cover guys to turn their backs to the play quite easily.
5) Bench Roy and play the other dudes.
6) D Point: Blitz Gradkowski, play tight man versus their immature WR and Play lots of Cover 1 -- that is create the illusion the "deep pass" is there if only their "really fast" WR can get there and catch it.
7) Fear M Bush if he plays. Hit him hard in the legs.

thule
11-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Bob. Just a question. If Roy put up a big day are you wrong about benchin him. Will you say it's because of how much he was targetted and someone else could have done the same thing. I wanna know before since it seems like you have a few outs on that point.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Awesome commercial.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 03:23 PM
That was all Bennett...but great gain.

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 03:27 PM
If Roy just dropped that pass that Miles dropped, fans would've been hatin'.

PI against Roy. Non-call. eh... could've gone either way.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Well that was just awful. Bob cant even make an excuse about that Austin drop...and yeah, that was PI.

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Ugly game being called by Garrett. Way too much passing. Roy was wide open on that third down.

BleedBurgundy96
11-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Way too much passing.

Yeah the Cowboys get away from their running game way too much.

Even with Owens gone the Cowboys still do it too much.

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah the Cowboys get away from their running game way too much.

Even with Owens gone the Cowboys still do it too much.
But the Raiders are ranked 30th in the league against the rush. Garrett thinks that's a bad idea.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Razor Back for the win. **** the Dolphins!

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Great run by choice. Too bad Garrett doesn't have a redzone offensive plan worth a darn.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 03:52 PM
He's one of the worst red zone coaches in the league, certainly. Especially goal line.

It was pretty stupid to try another razor back run for Choice when he was visually gassed from the first one as well.

Wootylicous
11-26-2009, 03:54 PM
God I dislike Garrett and I'm not a Cowboys fan. ****** endzone playcalling ftw

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Holy crap Ball made a play.

BleedBurgundy96
11-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Funny play by the Raiders there. Slammed right into each other LOL.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Great play by Miles...doesnt look like he got it, though.

edit...yesssssss

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Get The Ball To Felixxxxxxxxxxxx

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Running it right up the gut. Works like a charm. :/

Thank you Felix.

BleedBurgundy96
11-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Great drive there capped off by Felixs TD.

Cowboys 10-0. The game is pretty much over IMO.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Yay Spencer finally got one.

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Spencer got his first sack!

He can than Ware for collapsing the pocket to Spencer's side. ;)

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Our blitz pick up is freaking garbage these last few weeks.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 04:25 PM
http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

critesy
11-26-2009, 04:28 PM
lol at folk. hah.

BleedBurgundy96
11-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Austin is really showing me something today.

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Austin is really showing me something today.
Hopefully the rest of the world is starting to realize it too.

Time for Roy to restructure his contract. LOLz.

MetSox17
11-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Man, Miles is really abusing Chris Johnson.

MetSox17
11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
*sigh*

I sat Miles in D's Auction league. He has 25 points before the half. FML.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
The only thing that sucks...is that the Giants are bound to double him up next week. It was nice for him to see single coverage again this week.

Rolling coverage to Austin and covering Witten with your best cover guy is the template to shut us down. I guess the Raiders didnt get the memo.

MetSox17
11-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Well, when Miles was doubled, Roy went for a buck five and a TD. Asomugha has been on Roy for most of the game today, You can probably expect that to change in the second half. Chris Johnson is getting shat on by Miles.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I have no idea what happened to the edit I did...

But I was going to say....that the Raiders must not have gotten the memo. Because, the template for shutting us down is simple. Roll coverage to Miles, and have your best cover guy on Witten. Roy hasnt been dependable enough to scare anyone. And the two weeks we saw a lot of this...we scored 14 points combined. That's not going to cut it.

Our blitz pickup has been horrible and Garrett's play calling hasnt been adjusted to account for an extra blizter most of the time. It always seems like the opposition has a man running free. So, combining that pressure with the other factors and you have Romo trying to evade on comers while trying to get the ball to Williams, primarily....and it hasnt gone well.

So much of this is on Garrett it's ridiculous.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Not good Dougy.

BleedBurgundy96
11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
That was a huge step up by Grad. Ware was about to kill him.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Ball has been terrible all game...he made one nice play but other than that, just awful. This would have been a nice game to get Mike Hamlin some PT but, for whatever reason he doesnt get to play.

BleedBurgundy96
11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Hopefully the rest of the world is starting to realize it too.

I want to see him carry it into next weeks big game in New York.

He has opened my eyes a little more today. This is the first time this year I came away impressed at his performance.

He has some nice potenial if he can stay consistent.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Spencer, a sack machine. :)

D-Unit
11-26-2009, 06:26 PM
YEeee-yah.

Modano
11-26-2009, 06:37 PM
What a game by Spencer!

FreshBoy!
11-26-2009, 09:03 PM
You're in for a surprise my friend.

Am I? I'm sure you won't be back on this board:(

11-26-2009, 09:13 PM
I gained a greater appreciation for the talent you guys possess on both sides of the ball. The 'Boys have the talent to go as far as they want to go; only coaching could **** this thing up. Forget that you played the Raiders, that was one heck of a collective team effort in domination. The lone unit I would say that could come back to hurt you guys in the long-run is the offensive line, they looked slow and exposed one too many times today.

Anyways, congrats on the victory. The 'Boys definitely have a bright future ahead of 'em.

herniateddisc
11-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Bob. Just a question. If Roy put up a big day are you wrong about benchin him. Will you say it's because of how much he was targetted and someone else could have done the same thing. I wanna know before since it seems like you have a few outs on that point.

What was the question Thule????

As I have repeatedly said, when we run our passing game through Austin we score and get big plays, when we don't and do it through Williams we suck mule bahlz.

For all the Spencer hate, he has been playing really well. It seems to have finally "clicked" in his head. Props to Mohawk man.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Looks like not playing is finally getting to Hurd. Bad body language on the side lines today...he just looks bored, he wants in. I cant blame him, honestly.

edit...how about this Giants game? I wasnt expecting this at all.

herniateddisc
11-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Looks like not playing is finally getting to Hurd. Bad body language on the side lines today...he just looks bored, he wants in. I cant blame him, honestly.

He deserves the #3 role. A shame we have too many of his type. I love Sam but "the good news" he is one injury away from playing. Not saying it but he never knows .....

Look at what it took for Austin .... pretty clear the coaches don't see it or too conservative to make the call but I like him better than Crayton right now and RW.

All for Austin, Hurd and Oggletree.

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 10:35 PM
I just think Garrett is an idiot...plenty of teams go 4-5 deep at WR. In some sort of rotation. Stanback is getting playing time in New England for god sakes. But Sam has been phased out completely. He only comes in on run plays now and on kneel downs. It's awful. And Garrett obviously doesnt know how to use two RBs correctly, let alone the three we have.

I was thinking about this today...I'm pretty close to jumping on the extension for Wade band wagon. Then hopefully some one will take Garrett's ass off our hands and we can find a replacement. I honestly think, that would be our best case scenario. I know a lot of you guys hate Wade but, he has done a fantastic job this year. His defense has been excellent for us, he is so much more valuable than Garrett is. Garrett has full control over that offense...and Wade is pulling double duty as the D Coord...I will not put all the heat on him when our offense fails to do anything. I have been very happy with Wade this year, personally.

herniateddisc
11-26-2009, 10:42 PM
edit...how about this Giants game? I wasnt expecting this at all.

I was, they were crying this week about traveling to Denver on a short week.

thule
11-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Moth I was about to say the same thing. The good thing is if we win a playoff game we will go down with a prolific offense and someone will take Garrett off of our hands. And likely Wade will keep his job.

My crazy idea is Wade head coach and dc
and dan reeves as assistant hc and oc

I think it's possible if Jerry didn't ruin that possibility this offseason

M.O.T.H.
11-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Reeves has been spending a lot of time around the Cowboys the last few weeks. I dont think all the bridges are burned. We need an experienced coordinator in the worst way.

It's funny because, statistically speaking we have like a top 5 offense. But I feel we do this in spite of Garrett calling the plays. He's holding this team back.

thule
11-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Reeves has been spending a lot of time around the Cowboys the last few weeks. I dont think all the bridges are burned. We need an experienced coordinator in the worst way.

It's funny because, statistically speaking we have like a top 5 offense. But I feel we do this in spite of Garrett calling the plays. He's holding this team back.

Tony Romo and talent alone is carrying this offense. Sure Garrett is book smart so that helps but I agree this team should be dominating offensive catagories and we are just a team that gets lots of yards because of scheme IMO.

I just wonder If reeves would want to come back fulltime. I can't think of a better fit right now for an experienced offensive coordinator. Can anyone else?

M.O.T.H.
11-27-2009, 12:35 AM
http://waste5minutes.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/charlie-weis-thumb-520x620-10822.jpg

E-Man
11-27-2009, 01:27 AM
I'd love Weis as a O coordinator. He's done it before on a Super Bowl team, and anything is a step ahead of Garrett's Tecmo Bowl style of play calling.

The win was a good one that we've come to know from the Thanksgiving 'Boys. The defense still has some really bad third downs, and they seem to lapse for a drive or two a game. Beyond that they are a very good unit that's performing well. The pass O surprised me too, because I knew Oakland had a pretty good secondary. This win definitely made the dressing and potato salad taste much better. lol

Modano
11-27-2009, 02:06 AM
http://waste5minutes.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/charlie-weis-thumb-520x620-10822.jpg

That's what I wanted to say ;)

Modano
11-27-2009, 02:10 AM
And anyway, how good is Keith Brooking? He was a huge addiction, it looks like he gets 100 tackles every game and he's also a leader. Also I know Olshansky doesn't do fancy things but I think he's playing good, if we had a Catsillo type of DE next to him and Ratliff our defense would look even more spectacular.

LonghornsLegend
11-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Is it realistic that Garrett gets canned? I'm not asking should he, or does he deserve it, but is it possible it happens? I know it seemed like we were trying to have him take a HC job somewhere else to seemingly fix the problem, but with the connection he has here I don't know if he'll be gone or not.

herniateddisc
11-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Is it realistic that Garrett gets canned? I'm not asking should he, or does he deserve it, but is it possible it happens? I know it seemed like we were trying to have him take a HC job somewhere else to seemingly fix the problem, but with the connection he has here I don't know if he'll be gone or not.

That would require admitting failure dating back to picking him in 2007 and repeatedly implying he was HC-in-Waiting.

M.O.T.H.
11-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't see anyway he gets fired. The Garrett/Jones families are so close knit. Yeah it's a business but, this really strengthens Garrett's chances. The HC job was supposed to be his one day and he's being paid as much as some head coaches. So fired? No. But, I'm beginning to think Jerry would let him walk without fight, if someone came calling. Up until recently, JJ has been full of excuses for Garrett but now you hear him demanding more Felix Jones and the running of the ball lately. Sounds like JG's play calling has at least started to strike a nerve with Jerry. It's evident that he doesnt have full confidence in Jason, if he did, he would have never tried to get Reeves to "mentor" him in the first place, prior to the start of the year. Even though, most think that was more Wade who wanted that but, the papers were all but signed by Jerry.

I have a hard time seeing our 2010 HC not being Wade or Garrett. And I def. would rather have Wade, no question.

M.O.T.H.
11-27-2009, 08:57 AM
And anyway, how good is Keith Brooking? He was a huge addiction, it looks like he gets 100 tackles every game and he's also a leader. Also I know Olshansky doesn't do fancy things but I think he's playing good, if we had a Catsillo type of DE next to him and Ratliff our defense would look even more spectacular.

I love Brooking, he looks as good as he did in his mid 20's, he's a freaky guy. He's all we had going for us in the running game in the 1st half yesterday. Fargas was killing us, unless he got close to Keith.

And yeah, Olshansky started off kind of slow, or at least he was having a real quiet season, we werent hearing his number too much. But lately, he's been making tons of plays in the running game.

herniateddisc
11-27-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't see anyway he gets fired. The Garrett/Jones families are so close knit. Yeah it's a business but, this really strengthens Garrett's chances. The HC job was supposed to be his one day and he's being paid as much as some head coaches. So fired? No. But, I'm beginning to think Jerry would let him walk without fight, if someone came calling. Up until recently, JJ has been full of excuses for Garrett but now you hear him demanding more Felix Jones and the running of the ball lately. Sounds like JG's play calling has at least started to strike a nerve with Jerry. It's evident that he doesnt have full confidence in Jason, if he did, he would have never tried to get Reeves to "mentor" him in the first place, prior to the start of the year. Even though, most think that was more Wade who wanted that but, the papers were all but signed by Jerry.

I have a hard time seeing our 2010 HC not being Wade or Garrett. And I def. would rather have Wade, no question.

You really have to question JG's maturity and judgement at this time.

1) He lets outsiders drive his game plan.
2) He is repeatedly called simplistic
3) His play calling is pass happy
4) He abandons the run in the second half of tight games
5) He has failed to put his PLAYMAKERS in positions to make plays
6) He has not straightened Romo out completely and in fact Romo has regressed since Sparano.
7) His Offense has tanked repeatedly versus some average teams in the last three seasons. (Remember 2007 when we could not score in the first half??)

All strikes. I really think he should be let go. Garrett needs to go learn his craft sitting next to Cameron or similar or Turner. A quality OC who he will respect and listen to.

LonghornsLegend
11-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I gotta admit I was pissed when we signed Brooking and was open about it being a mistake.

The last vivid memory I had of him was the Atlanta playoff game when it was 4th and 20 or something vs the Cardinals, obvious passing down, and he let his man get behind him while he was up playing near the line which basically won the game for Arizona.

Not sure how much was his fault, or if he should of been out in coverage, but it wasn't a fond memory and I figured he was washed up. How wrong was I. He knows this scheme really well and he brings so much more to the team then just being a good football player, all the little things we thought we were getting with Zach Thomas. Now if we can just get a young guy to bring exactly what he does we would be set.

Also, MOTH, anyone, how did Free look again this week? I missed alot of the game with family. I know the Raiders don't have that dominant pass rusher, but still I'm curious to know how he's adjusting and getting more comfortable at the RT spot. Maye we do have a future starter with him? Could be a blessing in disguise getting him starters snaps.

herniateddisc
11-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Free can play. Time to cut Flo if we have a RT.

M.O.T.H.
11-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Free was great in the running game again...he's a very advanced run blocker it looks like. Again, he's no road grader, he's not pushing anyone back too far but, he's opening up holes.

He did give up a sack, though. Most of the time he was giving Romo time from what I saw but, one time, Trevor Scott went extremely wide and some how still got all the way around for a sack. That was strange, really. Free had him out of the play it looked like but, Scott managed to get to Romo. Scott actually had two sacks but, one was at LB, the other at DE on Free.

I've liked what I've seen from Free so far, though.

edit...I forgot, he also had a penalty. So, he obviously hasnt been perfect these two weeks but, his performances show a lot of promise. At the least, you have a starting caliber RT, imo.

EvilNixon
11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Darrius got his first touchdown. I'm certainly pleased.

Modano
11-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Recently the problem with the penalties has been the quality not the quantity. Every team gets its amount of false starts or holding calls, but it seems that we get one of those when we are in a good position, and this kills our drive. It happened two times yesterday. I guess it's also a case of bad luck. For example the holding call on Anderson (which killed our drive IIRC) was pretty "meh". You see a lot of these "holdings" during a game, and the ref do not call all of them. So sometimes you're just unlucky and you get one of these calls in a crucial moment.

LizardState
11-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Recently the problem with the penalties has been the quality not the quantity. Every team gets its amount of false starts or holding calls, but it seems that we get one of those when we are in a good position, and this kills our drive. It happened two times yesterday. I guess it's also a case of bad luck. For example the holding call on Anderson (which killed our drive IIRC) was pretty "meh". You see a lot of these "holdings" during a game, and the ref do not call all of them. So sometimes you're just unlucky and you get one of these calls in a crucial moment.

except when you're discussing Flozell. In his case the false start penalties are all about quantity. He could in fact be working on setting an NFL career rcd.