PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

CJSchneider
11-26-2009, 09:55 AM
So, what are everyone's plans today?
What are your family's Thanksgiving day traditions?
My wife and daughters are watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which means I am between here and playing with my boy. He and I will take over the T.V at 1:30. We usually eat a huge meal around 3 PM. Turkey, dressing, salad, potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn on the cob, pumpkin and pecan pie.

Thank you to all those service men and women who are unable to be with their families on this day. May you all return home safe and soon.

Happy Thanksgiving SWDC!

Paul
11-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom.

diabsoule
11-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm getting ready to start cooking.

Happy Thanksgiving, SWDC

Brent
11-26-2009, 10:31 AM
11:30a - Lions/Packers game
03:30p - Alternating between Cowboys/Raiders and the A&M basketball game.
07:00p - Aggie football, occasionally checking in on Giants/Broncos

in between: stuffing face with genetically altered turkey; and homemade: rolls, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies and an assortment of other foods.

NIN1984
11-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Lots of food and football. Happy Thanksgiving!

SuperKevin
11-26-2009, 10:48 AM
I will accept your thanks in the form of 5 dollar donations on paypal

Oh and I plan on setting my parents' block on fire with a deep fried turkey

vikes_28
11-26-2009, 10:50 AM
My family usually has a big meal for lunch, and then we eat cold turkey sandwich's for supper. After that, there is a line to take poops.

vidae
11-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We do the usual turkey/mashed potatoes/stuffing/rolls deal and watch football. Not glamorous but it's tradition.

Brothgar
11-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Tryptophan + Alcohol + Lions = three depressants I should be asleep by 4

The_Dude
11-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I will be recovering from "Thanksdrinking" last night....

No turkey for me today, but i will be eating cold turkey sandwiches everyday for the next week.

Let's hope that the football is at least mildly entertaining today.

dpl85
11-26-2009, 11:54 AM
I hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving, better than mine anyway... even the Giants Eagles and Redskins fans lol.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm currently in a slow spot helping my grandmother and have time to post. Were having turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, string beans, cranberry sauce, the works...

Its a tradition for me to help my grandmother with the meal, I've done it ever since I was 6. We've already started the ham and stuffing, while my aunt is bringing the turkey. I will be setting the table soon. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, enjoy the time with your family and eat like you've never eaten before.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm currently in a slow spot helping my grandmother and have time to post. Were having turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, string beans, cranberry sauce, the works...

Its a tradition for me to help my grandmother with the meal, I've done it ever since I was 6. We've already started the ham and stuffing, while my aunt is bringing the turkey. I will be setting the table soon. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, enjoy the time with your family and eat like you've never eaten before.

tjsunstein
11-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm watching football with half the fam as the other half is cooking.

Vikes99ej
11-26-2009, 12:25 PM
I love stuffing.

Crickett
11-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Normally I have Thankgiving with my extended family, but because of the swine flu, I am only having it with my mom and my pop, who also have the swine flu.

Hot wings & out of the bird stuffing (made with chicken broth) for lunch

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweetcorn, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, broccoli and cauliflower for dinner.

Usually we have apple pie and either pumpkin pie or pumpkin cheesecake for dessert, but this year, since we're not having thanksgiving with the rest of the family, we have store bought mini apple/mini blueberry/mini cherry pies, a (not store bought) giant rice krispie treat, mini twix bars left over from Halloween and 3 different types of oreos.

Btw

Home made stuffing >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stove top or other store bought stuffing.

CashmoneyDrew
11-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Gobble gobble bitches!

Todd Bertuzzi
11-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanksgiving already happened!

Brent
11-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Get your jour de l'action de grace out my 'Merica!

rchrd
11-26-2009, 03:37 PM
There was turkey dinner for 'merican mums benefit, tho I'm vegetarian and worked all day so the whole thing kinda passed me by but any excuse for a whole night of NFL is cool with me.

diabsoule
11-26-2009, 04:44 PM

That's in the past.

The Unseen
11-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Just came home from gluttony and laziness at my grandparents. Now I am looking forward to the second half of my day, which will be working midnight-8AM at a clothing store.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
One of my friends ate so much today he threw up. FAIL or WIN?

Todd Bertuzzi
11-26-2009, 07:23 PM

Gonna go with fail.

Vikes99ej
11-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Lightweight.

TheBuffaloBills
11-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Hahaha, that's a fail.

CJSchneider
11-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Definitely FAIL.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Weird thing is, five minutes ago my mom threw up now, what's up with this?

The Unseen
11-26-2009, 08:03 PM
your family got da swine

CJSchneider
11-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Poor waffles.

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2009, 08:11 PM
your family got da swine

Nah, we already had it. In this month I've gotten the swine, larangitis, and my fingers hacked, good month, eh?

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Poor waffles.

Haha, today its not me...

CJSchneider
11-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Nah, we already had it. In this month I've gotten the swine, larangitis, and my fingers hacked, good month, eh?

Only thing left is for you to catch the "clap".

eaglesalltheway
11-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Only thing left is for you to catch the "clap".

Knowing my luck I'll find out I somehow got it from the tetnis shot when I was in the hospital... 6 of the workers at our hospital were just caught in a steroid dealing operation, so maybe I was affected by one of those shady people...

kalbears13
11-27-2009, 12:13 AM
So my family has a tradition of taking shots of this Czech whiskey drink that has anise seed and honey called Yeshishko on Christmas Eve. But to taste if the batch that was made was any good we have "Preseason" where we take a shot on Thanksgiving.

After stuffing myself I got extremely tired and was about to fall asleep on the table. I'm not a big drinker like my dad and brother so they were calling me a lightweight and a girl and whatever. I go to lay down on the couch to watch the game and a few minutes later my brother and dad sit down and pass out. I laughed.

vikes_28
11-27-2009, 12:20 AM
IDK about you guys, but my farts really smell.

steel man
11-27-2009, 12:23 AM
well, just got done eating my 3rd plate for today(Thanksgiving day) started the day off preparing the Turkey about 4:00 - 4:30 so it would be ready on time, continued helping prepare other dishes until the Macy's Day Prerade came on and then watched it with my wife and 3 girls, after that watched a little football and then went to the parents and grandparents house, played sandlot football while the lady's fix the meal then came in to have ( 2 - 24lb) turkeys (we usually go hunting and kill our own, but not this year) fresh green beans from the garden, corn on the cob fresh from the garden, mashed potatoes made with fresh potatoes from the garden, cranberry sauce, macaroni salad, potato salad (also made with potatoes from the garden) dressing , cranberry sausage dressing, slaw, homemade pumpkin raisin bread, homemade cinnamon raisin bread with homemade seafoam icing, apple pie made with apples from the orchards, cherry, pumpkin, 2 - lemon, chocolate, butterscotch, cheesecake, Oreo pie, and Butterfinger pies, sweat potatoes with marshmallow topping, devil eggs, and several fresh vegetables from the garden, and all of the drinks you would want.

awesome time......getting to play sandlot football, watch football, eat like a king, and spend time with my girls and family - i am truly bless

steel man
11-27-2009, 12:32 AM
the sad part is that i have been doing the p90X for awhile to get back in shape and wed we had a dinner at church, then thanksgiving day, fri going to some friend to have dinner and watch the WVU - Pitt game then sat the wife want to have a thanksgiving meal with just me, her and our 3 girls.....so it is like 4 straight days of thanks giving so there goes all of that working out......lol........but well worth it.

WMD
11-27-2009, 01:07 AM
The stuffing was ruined today. It smelled like smoke and tasted like ashes.

FML.

RaiderNation
11-27-2009, 01:10 AM
My thanksgiving wasnt that good......

Last night I was partying with my brother and well I got really drunk. Most drunk Ive ever been. Friend of mine picked me up from a brothers friends apartment and I threw up on the way home. Threw up 3 times this morning too. But atleast now I can eat left overs. Also the raiders lost :(

diabsoule
11-27-2009, 01:10 AM
the sad part is that i have been doing the p90X for awhile to get back in shape and wed we had a dinner at church, then thanksgiving day, fri going to some friend to have dinner and watch the WVU - Pitt game then sat the wife want to have a thanksgiving meal with just me, her and our 3 girls.....so it is like 4 straight days of thanks giving so there goes all of that working out......lol........but well worth it.

How's P90X working out for ya?

Go_Eagles77
11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Eating day old cold turkey, stuffing and crescent rolls right now. Mmmmmm.

fischbowl
11-27-2009, 11:43 AM
It was one of the worst days of my life

steel man
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
How's P90X working out for ya?

"it it what i thought it was" (making fun of the Dennis Green quote) if you stick to it it does really work. i have not stuck to the eating 100%, i have watched what i ate but not like the program tells you to and i still have lost a good amount of weight. i am not a fat person i just do not have the 6 pack any more and i am not as ripped as i once was so i will not loose pounds fast or a lot of pounds but what i can tell the most is that my arms, chest, ect is rock hard again in just 3-4 weeks so by 90 days i will be happy. my face and abs have slimmed up also. it is a program that does work, beach body the makers of P90X also has a program out called Insanity and it is insane it does the same but in 60 days, the only difference is that P90X adds strength. Insanity is all about cardio and P90oX is about both, that why it takes 90 days but with P90x you will be ripped and stronger.....if you want more details PM me and i will give them to you