PDA

View Full Version : Ravens VS. Steelers game

Ravens1991
11-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Happy thanksgiving everyone. We have the Ravens VS. Steelers today, who do you got, this game is important for our playoff hopes!

dcarey20
11-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Well the game isn't today, I'm sure you know that, just a mistake. But yeah, I feel like we have a great chance to win this game, but after the way we've played against the better teams in the league up to this point, I can't expect us to pull out a win. I just expect us to find ways to lose as usual. This is a must win though, no doubt.

Steelers 27
Ravens 20

EdReedUnstoppable
11-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Steelers 17
Ravens 15

lordquas
11-26-2009, 08:01 PM
haters.
28-20 ravens

Hines
11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I have the Steelers 21-13. I had the Ravens at first but switched due to me being a homer and Ben being healthy. I doubt a lot of people will be healthy after this game. Good day all and hope you all had happy Thanksgiving's.

Ravens1991
11-26-2009, 08:48 PM
we r wearing purple jerseys instead of blacks. thats ***. Its because harbuagh doesnt like the Black jerseys. Way to be a selfish turd and not wear the jerseys the fans love on primtime

EdReedUnstoppable
11-27-2009, 04:23 AM
we r wearing purple jerseys instead of blacks. thats ***. Its because harbuagh doesnt like the Black jerseys. Way to be a selfish turd and not wear the jerseys the fans love on primtime

Harbaugh's a turdface! Why the hell did we wear the hideous all white uniforms on Monday Night against the Browns? Thought we weren't wearing those anymore Harbaugh!

Ravens1991
11-27-2009, 08:46 AM
seriously you see more black jerseys then purple from the fans wtf harbs. I like you as a coach but come one now. The crowd gets so pumped w/ primetime games seeing the black jersey. The Steelers are actually good at getting everyone pumped b4 a primetime game we should try to take a page or 2 out of there playbook

terribletowel39
11-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I hate the Ravens but I love those black uni's. They are so clean looking.

35-13 Steelers. :D Your TD will be a KO return for a touchdown. Fear not, it will happen!!!

terribletowel39
11-27-2009, 03:17 PM
35-20. Polamalu is out, so yall get an offensive TD.

Hines
11-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I read that there will be a Webb, Carr, Walker committee at Foxworth's side.

coordinator0
11-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Webb will be starting alongside Foxworth, pretty sure he's not going to be platooned either. I like him better than Washington actually, but Carr and Walker... :(. But hey, you guys signed Corey Ivy. Hopefully he sees a lot of playing time this weekend ;).

Hines
11-27-2009, 04:50 PM
It wouldn't matter if Ivy played anyways. All your offense is a bunch of dumpoffs to Rice. :D

coordinator0
11-27-2009, 04:56 PM
And my fantasy team loves it (PPR league).

Hines
11-27-2009, 05:01 PM
I am not complaining either. I have him and he has been a gem for me.

Ravens1991
11-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I think Webb will get the vast majority of time, he is thug nasty. We just dont want to key you guys in yet.

so is Polamalu 100% out?

Hines
11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes he is. We get Kirschke(sp) back, though.

Ravens1991
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I see, our main injury is Suggs, I doubt he will be able to come back but it would be nice, he always does goo against you guys. He got 2 sacks w/o being able to move his one arm in the playoff game

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I think Webb will get the vast majority of time, he is thug nasty. We just dont want to key you guys in yet.

so is Polamalu 100% out?

I pray you're right dude. Webb is a straight beast and a great overall football player. However, I've been hearing that Carr and Walker will also be rotating in with him and the thought of that just crushed any hope that I had of us beating Pittsburgh. Walker is garbage and Carr isn't playing as well as he can. Webb needs to start full-time.

Also just saw this on PFT.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/27/roethlisberger-may-sit-out-sunday/

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger might not play on Sunday after all.

IMO, he'll end up playing come kickoff, the man's a warrior.

Hines
11-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Don't listen to that. Big Ben will play. That same guy also reported that Casey Hampton might be cut. Dude is a tool and should be fired from NFLN. It is sad that they went from Adam Schefter to this clown.

Ravens1991
11-27-2009, 06:26 PM
yea Ben will play

Hines
11-27-2009, 06:28 PM
It's gonna take more than a concussion to keep Big Ben out of this game IMO.

Ravens1991
11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
I know Walker isnt good and everyone hates him but I see this guy playing with more effort then anyone else in the secondary, I give him props for that.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I know Walker isnt good and everyone hates him but I see this guy playing with more effort then anyone else in the secondary, I give him props for that.

yeah, I will give him that, and he's a good person off the field, just wished he wouldn't dress out for games.

Also, HinesWardJr. why don't you like La Canfora? just curious?

Ravens1991
11-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Keys to victory

-keep your cool- Yes JJ and Daren Stone cut this stupid sh!t w/ JJ penalty we had a big momentum swing an Daren stone ruined our chances at the superbowl. Anyone know if that idiot got a superbowl ring from Pitt?

hit big ben, I am not saying hurt him but if he can hit him even if he gets a pass off it might be sub consciously effect him.

-protect Flacco- Pitt will bring the blitz and since we are now obsessed with passing we got to keep him upright. I think that ankle injury might be affecting him and Pitt will blitz with very good rushers so we got to keep him standing.

-also hurt Hines Ward, that will help. :)

Hines
11-27-2009, 07:07 PM
yeah, I will give him that, and he's a good person off the field, just wished he wouldn't dress out for games.

Also, HinesWardJr. why don't you like La Canfora? just curious?

Just because he is a tool and isn't that good at being an "insider". He seems to be wrong more than right.

Ravens1991
11-27-2009, 07:39 PM
watching the replay of the Ravens steelers on NFL network is pissing me off. No way was that a 1st ggggrrrrrrr

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Wow, Graham Gano just kicked the game winning FG in overtime to win the first ever UFL championship. I'm not gonna bag the coaching staff for making the wrong choice, but damn, we are a very unlucky team this year.

Hines
11-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Great teams are suppose to overcome bad breaks. I guess the Ravens is no great team then. :D

EdReedUnstoppable
11-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Great teams are suppose to overcome bad breaks. I guess the Ravens is no great team then. :D

Neither are the Steelers! :)

How does 1 lose to Kansas City?

Hines
11-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Neither are the Steelers! :)

How does 1 lose to Kansas City?

By being an inconsistant, overrated bunch.

I don't get it. The Steelers have one of the most talented teams in the league yet 6-4.

dcarey20
11-28-2009, 10:26 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10442146/Roethlisberger-won't-play-Sunday-

Roethlisberger OUT.

I change my prediction:

Ravens 20
Steelers 10

I don't get it. The Steelers have one of the most talented teams in the league yet 6-4.

If anyone understands it, its Ravens fans. We're in the same position.

coordinator0
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I've seen that scrolling across the bottom of ESPNEWS too. I'll believe it when I see him not dressed for the game on the sidelines, but hey we might not get swept by PIT this year now :D.

PalmerToCJ
11-28-2009, 11:07 AM
This game just got really boring.

coordinator0
11-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Schefter is saying that Clayton has confirmed the Glazer report now.

A Perfect Score
11-28-2009, 11:15 AM
By being an inconsistant, overrated bunch.

I dont know about the most talented teams in the league sort of deal. Ive always been a firm believer that scheme plays a big role in your success. Im not saying you dont have talent on your team, you certainly do, but I think the elite talent on your team is the coaching staff. You consistently get great coaching and that allows for some players who I dont consider extremely talented players (a la your OLB's, although I do love Woodley) to put up better numbers then they would in other situations.

You are right though, it has been inconsistency that has screwed you this year.

mikehop05
11-28-2009, 12:02 PM
welp...

being without troy and ben... it seems as though we have no chance

may even sell my tickets to the game tomm

terribletowel39
11-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I still think we have a chance. A guy like Dixon who has been sitting for 2 years. He has learned SOMETHING from Ben and Batch. And he is a huge double threat. Passing and running. I hope.

coordinator0
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
The good thing is that we've got somebody that's similar to Dixon in Troy Smith. He's a pretty good guy to emulate Dixon in practice.

Hines
11-28-2009, 03:40 PM
I am extremely upset that Ben is not playing. Why not say he won't play early in the week instead of the day before a game and we are only with 1 quarterback on the active roster? It's dumb.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I kinda wanted Big Ben to play. It's not the same game when he's out. I hope Dixon will keep it interesting :)

Hines
11-28-2009, 05:34 PM
The good thing is that we've got somebody that's similar to Dixon in Troy Smith. He's a pretty good guy to emulate Dixon in practice.

But with Dixon being better. :D

coordinator0
11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
But with Dixon being better. :D

Maybe at running the ball...

Hines
11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Maybe at running the ball...

When I saw Dixon in TC, he looked a lot better at throwing the ball. I don't want him to throw a lot of deep passes tomorrow, but I do believe he could surprise people tomorrow with how well he can throw. He has an awkward delivery, though.

Steeler option football FTW!

coordinator0
11-28-2009, 06:13 PM
When I saw Dixon in TC, he looked a lot better at throwing the ball. I don't want him to throw a lot of deep passes tomorrow, but I do believe he could surprise people tomorrow with how well he can throw. He has an awkward delivery, though.

Steeler option football FTW!

Haha we can't really say who's better because neither have seen that much action (at least Troy hasn't for the past 1.5ish seasons). I always like seeing new guys play though, adds a bit of mystery to the game.

mikehop05
11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
over / under on amount of hours dixon sleeps tonight...

i think the line should start at 4

Hines
11-28-2009, 07:16 PM
I doubt Dixon sleeps at all. Not the most ideal matchup to go against in his first career start.

But noone has film on him since college so that does not help. That could work in the Steelers' advantage.

coordinator0
11-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I wonder if having Ngata helps at all when scheming against Dixon. Not sure if Dixon was the starter while Haloti was at Oregon, but it could help a little bit. I kind of doubt it though.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-29-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm still picking the Steelers to win......

Reason is with a guy like Dixon we have no professional gaame tape of how he'll react to certain things so we're at a big disadvantage. not to mention we only had today to prepare for him, so needless to say Im not feeling any more confident then I was yesterday.

That said we also don't know if Dixon can respond to adversity and how his teammates will react to him. So thats why Im not changing my score one way or the other.....

Steelers 17
Ravens 15

lordquas
11-29-2009, 07:57 AM
without big ben the steelers won't be able to beat us.
28-21

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
11-29-2009, 08:10 AM
I think without Troy P. roaming we have a good shot at throwing on this defense. I say we win 24-17

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-29-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree with exactly what ERU said, remember our season opener vs. Kansas City? We weren't sure if it would be Cassel or Croyle to prepare for and look how that game turned out. Croyle threw 2 TD's and no picks. If Dennis Dixon can duplicate his success, I doubt I our offense can keep up, let's not forget with or without Polamalu, the Steelers are still the #1 defense.

mikehop05
11-29-2009, 12:28 PM
you guys are selling yourself wayyy short... without poly, ben, smith... our terrible ST's and our 4th quarter non-existent defense + new qb.. i think you guys win pretty easily... 24 - 9

coordinator0
11-29-2009, 12:37 PM
you guys are selling yourself wayyy short... without poly, ben, smith... our terrible ST's and our 4th quarter non-existent defense + new qb.. i think you guys win pretty easily... 24 - 9

We just aren't playing well right now. Sure, on paper it looks like we should win somewhat easily. Our first half offense is in a terrible funk, although our defense has stepped it up as of late. The special teams angle could be interesting though, I think since Webb has been our KR we've been top 5 in that department (don't quote me on it though).

Hines
11-29-2009, 03:37 PM

Even without Smith, no team has been able to run on us. I like Ray Rice and all, but we will be able to stop their run and make the Ravens pass on us.

If Arians doesn't get cute with his game plan(he will by the way), then I think we can escape this week with a win. We just got to play sound football. Dixon hopefully doesn't make mistakes.

I'll say it's a close game. 13-12 or something like that.

I think the defense and vets rally around Dixon and will play pissed off by losing 2 straight and giving up a win against a very beatable team in Kansas City.

Dixon could spring some big runs tonight.

A Perfect Score
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Even without Smith, no team has been able to run on us. I like Ray Rice and all, but we will be able to stop their run and make the Ravens pass on us.

If Arians doesn't get cute with his game plan(he will by the way), then I think we can escape this week with a win. We just got to play sound football. Dixon hopefully doesn't make mistakes.

I'll say it's a close game. 13-12 or something like that.

I think the defense and vets rally around Dixon and will play pissed off by losing 2 straight and giving up a win against a very beatable team in Kansas City.

Dixon could spring some big runs tonight.

Hines...you arent winning with those injuries. Sig bet?

Hines
11-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Hines...you arent winning with those injuries. Sig bet?

I am not saying we are winning and I am not saying we are loosing. I am just saying Dixon could surprise. We've won with Ben and Troy out before. Yeah this game is against the Ravens, but they don't scare me like year's past.

What would be the bet?

A Perfect Score
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I am not saying we are winning and I am not saying we are loosing. I am just saying Dixon could surprise. We've won with Ben and Troy out before. Yeah this game is against the Ravens, but they don't scare me like year's past.

What would be the bet?

If the Ravens win, I get to design a sig for you to wear for 2 weeks. If Steelers win, you get to design a sig for me to wear for 2 weeks. No limitations on what the sig is.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I agree, the Steelers defense is probably going to step it up big-time, and that is bad news for our offense. They have just had no rhyme these past weeks and they aren't going to have it easy tonight. I pray Cameron runs the ball 30+ times and when we do pass, spread the field with Kelly/Demetrius, Mason, Clayton, Rice and Heap.

If we don't win tonight, then, we must win every single game left on the schedule to get to 10-6, so this game is HUGE!

so pumped, this rivalry always gets me :)

terribletowel39
11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I will take it if HWJ doesn't want to.

Hines
11-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree, the Steelers defense is probably going to step it up big-time, and that is bad news for our offense. They have just had no rhyme these past weeks and they aren't going to have it easy tonight. I pray Cameron runs the ball 30+ times and when we do pass, spread the field with Kelly/Demetrius, Mason, Clayton, Rice and Heap.

If we don't win tonight, then, we must win every single game left on the schedule to get to 10-6, so this game is HUGE!

so pumped, this rivalry always gets me :)

Oh I love this rivalry. I would put it in the top 3 rivalries in the game right now.

Thing people like to dismiss is the fact that Tyrone Carter is a way better tackler than Troy. Troy is the playmaker, Carter is the run stuffer. I wished we could try and put Clark at SS and Tyrone at FS because TC always plays well at FS.

Also, the game is in primetime and the Steelers always seem to win on primetime.

But that was with Ben. Cannot wait, though.

Hines
11-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I will take it if HWJ doesn't want to.

I'll let you take the bet. I already have the Bengals in my sig. I don't feel like having the Ravens in it either if the Steelers lose.

Next game I am down for a sig bet, though.

terribletowel39
11-29-2009, 05:34 PM
If the Ravens win, I get to design a sig for you to wear for 2 weeks. If Steelers win, you get to design a sig for me to wear for 2 weeks. No limitations on what the sig is.

I'll let you take the bet. I already have the Bengals in my sig. I don't feel like having the Ravens in it either if the Steelers lose.

Next game I am down for a sig bet, though.
Alright APS, are ya down??

A Perfect Score
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Deal. Sig bet it is, 2 weeks.

coordinator0
11-29-2009, 10:44 PM
KRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGER!!! If anything, take that ERU ;).

It might be petty, but spending a 2nd round pick if even only for a single victory against PIT is worth it to me :D.

mikehop05
11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
gg guys, closer than i thought... but i think id rather have seen a blowout than to lose like that

vikes_28
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Great win tonight. I'm glad you beat the Steelers. Someone had to :rolleyes:

coordinator0
11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Great win tonight. I'm glad you beat the Steelers. Someone had to :rolleyes:

We'll try to beat the Packers next week too :D. Should be the most penalized game of the year.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll post my thoughts later but wow, did yall see how well we ran the ball?? and this was against the NFL's best run defense. We should definetily continue this style of offense. We aren't a run n' gun offense yet, we worked well in this down hill, smash mouth offense with the unbalanced lines and hard play actions. CONTINUE THIS CAM!!

Props out to the defense, they played decent throughout the game, kinda upset with the lack of a sack but they made a play when it mattered.

GREAT WIN, now we HAVE to beat Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, and Oakland to end up 10-6. So the game in Pittsburgh now isn't a must win, so far.

steelernation77
11-29-2009, 11:14 PM
I'll post my thoughts later but wow, did yall see how well we ran the ball?? and this was against the NFL's best run defense. We should definetily continue this style of offense. We aren't a run n' gun offense yet, we worked well in this down hill, smash mouth offense with the unbalanced lines and hard play actions. CONTINUE THIS CAM!!

Props out to the defense, they played decent throughout the game, kinda upset with the lack of a sack but they made a play when it mattered.

GREAT WIN, now we HAVE to beat Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, and Oakland to end up 10-6. So the game in Pittsburgh now isn't a must win, so far.

The Steelers rush D is not the same with Smith and Polamalu out, but the Ravens did do a nice job running the ball. Both teams ran with some success, which is uncharacteristic of this rivalry.

Hines
11-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Good game Raven fans. I cannot blame Dixon at all for this loss. If Ben is in, we win the game.

Ravens1991
11-30-2009, 12:25 AM
yea good game, if we play like this again at PIT PIT will beat us by 30.

-I have came to the conclussion that Lardarius Webb is the definition of swag that guy is a beast

-Krueger I am glad he could come up big

-I think flacco ankle has been bothering him since minnesota and it got worse today.

A Perfect Score
11-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Hmmmm soooooo TT...What kind of sig should I draw up for you :)

EdReedUnstoppable
11-30-2009, 01:19 AM
KRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGER!!! If anything, take that ERU ;).

It might be petty, but spending a 2nd round pick if even only for a single victory against PIT is worth it to me :D.

Yea he really showed me! That 1 play in 12 weeks....wow.

Nah Im happy he made a play, its nice when your 2nd rd pick is actually on the active roster for back to back weeks......pretty much every other team in the NFL's 2nd rd pick is active every single week.

I enjoyed the outcome for about a split second, and couldn't help but realize how counterfeit this win is, but I'll take it for now. Pretty much every week now is win or you're out for us so it'll be exciting at least until next monday night. Maybe against that God awful o line in Green Bay Kruger might get his first career sack!.....but I'll believe that when I see it.

Hines
11-30-2009, 02:12 AM
I am surprised that the Ravens did not get a sack on Dixon yet we had 4 or 5 on Flacco.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Btw Steelers fans your punt coverage is the worst of all-time. You made Chris Carr look like Devin Hester back there, totally unacceptable for you guys!

coordinator0
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Yea he really showed me! That 1 play in 12 weeks....wow.

Nah Im happy he made a play, its nice when your 2nd rd pick is actually on the active roster for back to back weeks......pretty much every other team in the NFL's 2nd rd pick is active every single week.

I enjoyed the outcome for about a split second, and couldn't help but realize how counterfeit this win is, but I'll take it for now. Pretty much every week now is win or you're out for us so it'll be exciting at least until next monday night. Maybe against that God awful o line in Green Bay Kruger might get his first career sack!.....but I'll believe that when I see it.

Haha I know it was only one play, my emotions got the best of me after a looooonng day. Hopefully Suggs will be able to come back for the next game, he might be able to actually do something in the pass-rushing department against GB.

coordinator0
11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
I am surprised that the Ravens did not get a sack on Dixon yet we had 4 or 5 on Flacco.

Welcome to the world of Greg Mattison. Usually rush 4 (even though we don't have a great pass-rushing line), maybe more if he's feeling frisky. We all wish he was gone, kind of like how you guys hate Arians.

Ravens1991
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
and his blitzs consist of Zbi on one side, a nickel back to the other. The guys defense makes me want to puke, there were some plays when he had deep zone with no safety help over the top. I cant stand him.

ccB
11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Good game Raven fans. I cannot blame Dixon at all for this loss. If Ben is in, we win the game. so wait a second... You don't blame Dixon for the loss but if Ben was in you would of won? So which one is it because that sentence completely contradicts itself.

Ravens1991
11-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I think with our rivlary going I think it doesnt matter who is starting it will be a good game. Remember when the Ravens lost 35-7 against the steelers on primetime then our 3rd string QB went on and beat the Steelers in baltimore.

Also has anyone noticed Chris Carr is actually improving, he was nasty on PR but he had some called back for block in the back, which is possibly the worst rule in the NFL it is impossible to not block in the back during a PR

terribletowel39
11-30-2009, 01:15 PM
I think it more has to do with Dixon was the 3rd QB on the depth chart last week. For being the 3rd QB, he did amazing. He didn't take a sack. I think he played really well given the circumstances. But we have seen Big Ben put up 5 TD's on what was a lackluster pass rush and shotty secondary.

trkaline
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
With or without Ben and Troy, a W over the Steelers builds confidence that we despreately need.

A Perfect Score
11-30-2009, 01:17 PM
I think it more has to do with Dixon was the 3rd QB on the depth chart last week. For being the 3rd QB, he did amazing. He didn't take a sack. I think he played really well given the circumstances. But we have seen Big Ben put up 5 TD's on what was a lackluster pass rush and shotty secondary.

This isnt what your new sig will be saying :)

terribletowel39
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
This isnt what your new sig will be saying :)

You better get to creating. Your time is ticking.

dcarey20
11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
ERU you have to admit that while that was maybe Kruger's one good play this season....it was HUGE!

Who would have thought that Paul Kruger is the guy who may have saved our entire season.

Hines
11-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the world of Greg Mattison. Usually rush 4 (even though we don't have a great pass-rushing line), maybe more if he's feeling frisky. We all wish he was gone, kind of like how you guys hate Arians.

But even when you did blitz, Dixon evaded it and got rid of the ball. Dixon played real poised for making his first NFL start. I wished the defense didn't struggle down the stretch of the game and we came out of there with a win.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-30-2009, 04:23 PM
ERU you have to admit that while that was maybe Kruger's one good play this season....it was HUGE!

Who would have thought that Paul Kruger is the guy who may have saved our entire season.

I do admit it, it was a great play by him, but Im not gonna change my belief/disbelief in him until he proves he can consistantly make plays and help this team win. Lets not forget that even Devard Darling had 1 good game, but you wouldn't say he was a great pick would ya? And Kruger didnt even have a good game, he had A good play. Hopefully that 1 play gives him the confidence he needs to really get rolling and start off a nice career as a Raven.

Ravens1991
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
some people on the official RAvens board are saying Troy Smith should start and compared Flacco to Boller. WTF is this world coming 2.

Hines
11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
some people on the official RAvens board are saying Troy Smith should start and compared Flacco to Boller. WTF is this world coming 2.

The same people who said on the official Steelers board that Tomlin should be fired. lol.

A Perfect Score
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
lol TT, I like your new sig man. Classy and accurate.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM

Im not gonna go that far, but Flacco has regressed and at times looks lost out there. His passes are constantly high and behind our WRs, and he's missing alot of open plays. That said he is still the best option at QB on this team, but he certainly doesn't look like he is gonna be an elite QB in the NFL at the moment.

Hines
11-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Flacco never plays well against the Steelers.

terribletowel39
11-30-2009, 08:11 PM
lol TT, I like your new sig man. Classy and accurate.

How does everyone like it??

Ravens1991
11-30-2009, 10:08 PM
OMG this is awesome I love it!!

Ravens1991
11-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Im not gonna go that far, but Flacco has regressed and at times looks lost out there. His passes are constantly high and behind our WRs, and he's missing alot of open plays. That said he is still the best option at QB on this team, but he certainly doesn't look like he is gonna be an elite QB in the NFL at the moment.

he is still a very young QB, and is hurt. Plus the oline looked bad, I still think Flacco can become awesome QB

Hines
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
He won't be good unless you surround him with weapons. Rice is a start, but it seems like you guys rely on him way too much. He's on my fantasy team so I am not complaining too much this season.

coordinator0
11-30-2009, 10:35 PM
He won't be good unless you surround him with weapons. Rice is a start, but it seems like you guys rely on him way too much. He's on my fantasy team so I am not complaining too much this season.

Yep, that's pretty much the gist of it. We've got a good foundation in the offensive line (although they weren't very good last night) and good backs, now it's time to get talent on the outside. WR/TE is easily the biggest need on offense, and one I hope to see finally addressed this off-season.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-01-2009, 02:04 PM

I agree, he is throwing fades to Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason, and it rarely works. We need to utilize Todd Heap more and bring a playmaker at WR. Whether it's a speedy deep threat or a physical big bodied player, he needs someone in the near future. I do think he has the tools and mechanics to become a pro bowl QB though. I'm definitely not gonna give up on him.

Hines
12-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I agree, he is throwing fades to Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason, and it rarely works. We need to utilize Todd Heap more and bring a playmaker at WR. Whether it's a speedy deep threat or a physical big bodied player, he needs someone in the near future. I do think he has the tools and mechanics to become a pro bowl QB though. I'm definitely not gonna give up on him.

IMO, Flacco has one of the best arms in the NFL. I could see you guys getting a deep threat to compliment that arm. Derrick Mason is an ageless wonder and could play till he is 50. Clayton isn't that good. Sucks because I had high hopes for him coming out. Heap isn't as dangerous as he was, but could still be effective if given the targets. He's ailing from the Heath Miller sydrome now.

Ravens1991
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
yea my prediction for the game Clayton dominates was DET but since he put up great numbers against you guys expect 3 catches for 37 yards next game.

Flacco can become a beast if he gets legit weapons

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-01-2009, 06:18 PM
yea my prediction for the game Clayton dominates was DET but since he put up great numbers against you guys expect 3 catches for 37 yards next game.

Flacco can become a beast if he gets legit weapons

he might have one more touchdown this season. just maybe.

Ravens1991
12-03-2009, 08:26 AM
the more I think about it, I am convinced this is the rivlary of the decade, it is either a really close game or a blow out that has a bunch of hits that go on jacked up of the year. Everyone says Pats VS. Colts but thats a Manning VS. Brady thing. If they got traded next season no one will give a crap about pats VS. colts. If Ray, Big Ben, and Troy got traded it would be still be intense rivlary