PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson?

bigbuc
11-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I've been watching you guys play this year a lot because I have Cj in fantasy football. I've been thinking would you guys be better with a combo of...

Adrian Peterson and Roy Williams or do you like what you have now with Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith?

noondog
11-26-2009, 09:45 PM
AP would have been good for us, but I'm not sure he would have been as good as he is with the Vikes considering the difference in quality of O-lines...especially in his first two years.

The question really should be AP or CJ...the other two wouldn't sway my opinion one way or another.

Anyways, I'm a Lions lover, so I'll stick with my Megatron...especially because we now have Staff throwing to him.

bigbuc
11-26-2009, 10:35 PM
I put Roy in there because if you guys took Ap and not Cj Roy would still be on your team. And you guys would have not drafted smith

WMD
11-27-2009, 01:03 AM
What about Calvin or Joe Thomas?

detroit4life
11-27-2009, 04:00 PM
well Roy sucks so i wouldnt factor him into the decision at all. The fact is this team would be very different without CJ. sure AP would be great but i think CJ is helping Staffords growth much more than AP which is very important to me

Babylon
11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I've been watching you guys play this year a lot because I have Cj in fantasy football. I've been thinking would you guys be better with a combo of...

Adrian Peterson and Roy Williams or do you like what you have now with Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith?

The pick for Williams was Pettigrew wasnt it? I think they're fine with CJ and Pettigrew long term as opposed to Petersen and Williams (who basically is lousy).

BuffaloBillsFan
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Calvin Johnson all the way, freak athlete.

SINCE1978
11-28-2009, 10:35 AM
With a rookie QB and no deep threat in CJ, combined with a bottom 1/3 rated oline and no Pettigrew @ TE (who came via pick in Roy Williams trade) teams would stack 8 & 9 (no joke) in the box and say our CB's will 1 on 1 with your WR's (Roy Williams & Bryant Johnson)... go ahead and try beating us throwing it, Peterson will not run it! I like Peterson (a ton) but CJ was/is the right pick. Vikes have more weapons to account for and an Oline so not sure if he leads the league in rushing if he is a Lion ... I'm just say'n.

Prowler
11-28-2009, 04:43 PM
peterson would have had a career ending injury by now. heck calvin gets beat up enough as a receiver.

SINCE1978
11-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Aikman made a comment today on air about Peterson ... basically (I'm paraphrasing) not many organizations would tolerate a RB who puts the ball on the carpet as much as Peterson.

Valid point Troy.