PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor

JAMON TAYLOR
11-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Credit to JT Jag for bringing this up in the Weekly Discussion thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread.

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/sean-wallpaper-470.jpg

It's been 2 years. I truly believe he had the chance to be one of the best to play the position.

regoob2
11-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I think he was one of the best to play the position. No doubt about it.

yourfavestoner
11-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I remember Sean Taylor.

Don Vito
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
He was amazing, so sad his life was cut short. Incredible football player.

TACKLE
11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
One of my favorite players ever and my favorite Cane ever. RIP Sean. You will never be forgotten.

http://insidetheu.com/images/newspics/172844212144365seancopy.jpg

stephenson86
11-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Never forgotten, I can't believe how long it has been.

JT Jag
11-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I remember Sean Taylor.

FUNBUNCHER
11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Too depressing to even discuss.

If you were watching TV in D.C. that night, the last report you heard was that Sean had opened his eyes and was responding to visitors.
5 minutes later it was reported he was dead.

He definitely was a Next Level football player.

RIP ST.

703SKINS202
11-27-2009, 01:59 PM
RIP Sean Taylor, never forgotten.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Too depressing to even discuss.

If you were watching TV in D.C. that night, the last report you heard was that Sean had opened his eyes and was responding to visitors.
5 minutes later it was reported he was dead.

He definitely was a Next Level football player.

RIP ST.

I remember that. I went to bed when I heard that he had opened his eyes, and I assumed he would be okay. But then I woke up in the morning and was greeted with the terrible news. It's so sad to see him go down like that after he had made such a concious effort to turn his life and his career around.

Splat
11-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Ya, I never thought for a second he was going to die when I heard he got shot in the leg I was thinking he woul be fine pretty sad waking up to the news.:(

TACKLE
11-27-2009, 04:52 PM
One thing I always kind of felt bad about is that I was more upset when Sean Taylor died than I was when some of my relatives died. Oh well. I remember vividly when I found out. Heard on NFLN that he got shot and that he was in the hospital. You just kind of assume that guys are going to recover. I was shocked when I heard he passed the next morning. And that day, I had to a slide show presentation at school on concussion and I had a picture of Sean laying some guy out on the title page. That was weird.

tjsunstein
11-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Rest in peace. I really can't believe that it's been so long.

Thumper
11-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Feels like it has been longer than 2 years to me, I hate it when people always talk about how they really loved a player after they died and never said anything about them prior to their death, but this is different. No matter what team you were a fan of you respected Sean Taylor, you loved his mentality on the field and you feared for your receivers. It is truly sad to see a player maturing on and off the field, really putting his life together and then poof gone. I remember when I found out and I didn't believe it, one of my friends told me at school and I didn't believe him, I literally thought he was kidding and I said "He was only shot in the leg and he was moving and awake last night, he isn't dead." only to turn on Sportscenter when I got home to see he was actually gone.

He was a Redskin, but I truly respected him and enjoyed him as a player and let me tell you, Sean Taylor and Brian Dawkins are a great safety duo in Madden. I still wonder how good Sean could have been, he could have been a hall of famer. It still feels awful to think about Sean Taylor leaving at such a young age and just entering the prime of his career on the field. Rest in peace Sean.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Man, He definitely comes up in my thoughts every so often. I doubt I will ever forget him. Such an intimidating force on the football field, was in his prime and was just starting to turn around his life with his wife and daughter. I will never forget him.

Rest in Peace, Sean Taylor.

D-Unit
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
God's Gift to football. There was nothing he couldn't do at the position.

CC.SD
11-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Terrible, definitely could have been one of the best ever.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Would have been the best Safety ever, IMO. Terrible tragedy.

JRTPlaya21
11-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I remember first hearing about this from one of my good friends and I thought he was joking. Then when Sean died I gave him a big hug because that was one of his favorite players. I've always been a VT fan but Sean was one of my all time favorite Miami players and he made Redskins games so enjoyable.

Bengals78
11-27-2009, 08:15 PM
This guy could have been considered the gold standard for safeties. He would be the icon of his positions.

21ST
11-27-2009, 10:17 PM
my favorite player ever the reason i changed my number to 36 rip sean

thebow305
11-27-2009, 11:27 PM
God's Gift to football. There was nothing he couldn't do at the position.

I second this. My thoughts exactly. I also feel he would have been the greatest safety ever to play the position and a first ballot Hall of Famer.

He was my unquestioned favorite player of all time regardless of sport. I never knew Football before I heard Sean's name and the game will never be the same without him. I became a fan of football after watching him play and have been an absolute fanatic of it ever since.

I feel selfish in that I am angry that I will be deprived of watching him ever play the game again, because his daughter will never even have the chance to know him as a man and as a father. It is for this reason I also feel just as proud and lucky to have witnessed the greatness that was Sean Taylor.

R.I.P. Sean R.I.P.

WMD
11-28-2009, 03:12 AM
He was definitely on his way to being an All Time great at the position.

Haven't changed my sig in 2 years.. He was awesome, I wish he could've played for the Lions in his short time in the league.

RaiderNation
11-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Would always get this guy in Madden. Simply was a beast when he played. Too bad to see him gone. Not alot of safetys that could play to his level( Ed Reed,Troy Palamalu, Adrian Wilson only ones Id say that are elite right now)

SeanTaylorRIP
11-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Also it's no coincidence that since Sean passed LaRon Landry has gotten progressively worse.

T-RICH49
11-29-2009, 09:54 AM
WOW!2 years.still seems like yesterday the news broke.

R.I.P to the most talented defensive player I've ever seen

critesy
11-29-2009, 09:58 AM
rip sean, miss ya.

MarioPalmer
11-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Sean was a legit Hall of Fame safety. He and Ed Reed were going to be the 2 best safeties of this decade. Its a shame that 3 losers ************* had to take his life. I wish to God that those 3 bitches could be put in a room with the entire 2003 Miami U team for 10 minutes with the door locked.

CC.SD
11-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Also it's no coincidence that since Sean passed LaRon Landry has gotten progressively worse.

Hm not so sure this is a fair thought but I can't deny I am disappointed in Laron.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Sean is still my desktop background, it's been 2 years wow...

21ST
11-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Its a shame Landry isnt even a top 2 saftey on his own team

jayceheathman
12-03-2009, 11:08 PM
One of my favorite players ever and my favorite Cane ever. RIP Sean. You will never be forgotten.

http://insidetheu.com/images/newspics/172844212144365seancopy.jpg

Mine is 1a) Andre Johnson 1b) Sean Taylor.

Hines
12-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Was absolutely in shock when this happened. Easily one of my favorite players in the NFL at the time. Still sad to think about him being gone. I watch his highlights from time to time and just watch how much of a player he was.

RIP Sean Taylor

katnip
12-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Sean Taylor was the main reason I rooted for the Redskins.

Da-Phins
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I really cant believe its been 2 years since his passing. Sean was a guy that was lost and confused. He had many struggles in his life and then once his little girl was born, his life changed completely. He become a better and matured to a man and a father. He really turned his life around and he's a type of guy you got to look up to and respect. its hard for guys to change their life around as much as he did. He was a great football player but an even greater person and thats what important. Im not ashamed to admit I tear up but when Lavar Aarington spoke at his funeral that really got to me. Esp the part when he said" when he came to the redskins i was his guardian angel and the way the advents went and god would have it, he turned out to me one of mine"

RIP SEAN TAYLOR

You was a hero to your family

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 08:06 PM
It's so sad :(

It's weird that a few weeks ago, my buddy from Miami ( he grew up there, and is friends with Dwayne Bowe, knew Santana Moss and a few other Canes and his cousin is Chad Simpson, RB for INDY ) were talking about it at work. And he told me the real story, about how it was Taylors cousin and his friends who robbed and murdered him.

Such a horrible story.

RIP homie.

aNYtitan
12-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Could hit like a mack truck, had the vision of a hawk and moved like a deer in the open field. Was as complete a safety in the league at the time, and he would be right up there with Polamalu and Reed for best safety in the league.