70 Walter Thurmond, CB, Oregon
71 Jeremy Beal, DE/OLB, Oklahoma*
72 Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri*
73 Lindsey Witten, DE/OLB, Connecticut
74 Reshad Jones, FS, Georgia*
75 Dezmon Briscoe, WR, Kansas*

ironman4579
11-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Brandon Graham at #53? You massively fail..................

ThePudge
11-27-2009, 01:10 PM

Agreed. With a Brandon Graham sig too.

I'd like to hear you views on him, Bryan Bulaga who has done little to deserve more than a pick in the mid to late first, Joe Haden who has played like a Top 15 player the past two years, Greg Romeus who would lkley be a Top 25 pick were he to declare, and Corey Wootton's draft stock.

Tony Pike ahead of Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett is off base, and I'll go ahead an illustrate that as fact instead of opinion.

Nice work though putting together a Top 75 at this point though.

Babylon
11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
I like how you stack the 5 QBs together starting around #23. It's like QBs arent real players so let's just list them and get it over with.

Day One Pick
11-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I like how you stack the 5 QBs together starting around #23. It's like QBs arent real players so let's just list them and get it over with.

The reason I have them like that is because I don't see any of them as top 20 prospects. They just all have too many questions. Obviously I do see potential in all of them because they are all still well within the first round. I also have them listed like that because I see them as all so very close, atleast at this point. What one lacks, another one has and so on.

Colt McCoy just continues to impress me. He went from a player I viewed as a good college QB with little to no NFL future to a great college QB with a very good chance at finding a home in the NFL. Now the thing with Colt is, how high is his ceiling? I can see him as a good, quality starter in a few years but maybe not a star.

Clausen and Locker scare me a little bit because they haven't played at the level they are now for their whole careers. I realize there's a learning curve, but they both took a lot of games to start showing real NFL talent. I would suspect both develope slowly at the next level, but both very easily could have nice overall careers. Just maybe not for the team that drafts them. I still have a hard time viewing Locker as more of a quarterback than an athlete. I still sort of see an athlete with a big arm.

Tony Pike is a kid I really think might have the most upside. The thing is, nobody has really seen an abundance of him. I think if he hadn't gotten injured this might not seem so off-base to some of you.

Ryan Mallett I just simply haven't seen enough of. I realize his talent, but it's hard for me to get too excited over him.

Sam Bradford really scares me. I don't like the arm strength or the system. I'm certain he'll be a first round pick, but I think he has atleast a 50/50 bust factor. I've watched him dink and dunk his way against bad defenses, but I haven't seen him do much of anything that resembles what will be expected of him in the NFL.

Day One Pick
11-27-2009, 02:20 PM

I like Brandon Graham, but I don't know what he is. He's a classic tweener, much more so than some of the other DE/OLB prospects. I can't see myself taking him in the first round as a 4-3 DE, and I couldn't see myself taking him as a 3-4 OLB over some of the players I have ahead of him. 53 is still high considering there are 26 underclassmen ahead of him.

Babylon
11-27-2009, 02:20 PM
The reason I have them like that is because I don't see any of them as top 20 prospects. They just all have too many questions. Obviously I do see potential in all of them because they are all still well within the first round. I also have them listed like that because I see them as all so very close, atleast at this point. What one lacks, another one has and so on.

Colt McCoy just continues to impress me. He went from a player I viewed as a good college QB with little to no NFL future to a great college QB with a very good chance at finding a home in the NFL. Now the thing with Colt is, how high is his ceiling? I can see him as a good, quality starter in a few years but maybe not a star.

Clausen and Locker scare me a little bit because they haven't played at the level they are now for their whole careers. I realize there's a learning curve, but they both took a lot of games to start showing real NFL talent. I would suspect both develope slowly at the next level, but both very easily could have nice overall careers. Just maybe not for the team that drafts them. I still have a hard time viewing Locker as more of a quarterback than an athlete. I still sort of see an athlete with a big arm.

Tony Pike is a kid I really think might have the most upside. The thing is, nobody has really seen an abundance of him. I think if he hadn't gotten injured this might not seem so off-base to some of you.

Ryan Mallett I just simply haven't seen enough of. I realize his talent, but it's hard for me to get too excited over him.

Sam Bradford really scares me. I don't like the arm strength or the system. I'm certain he'll be a first round pick, but I think he has atleast a 50/50 bust factor. I've watched him dink and dunk his way against bad defenses, but I haven't seen him do much of anything that resembles what will be expected of him in the NFL.

I dont have Bradford, Pike and McCoy as 1st rounders. As for Locker and Clausen i think they'll both be top 10 picks. As for them just developing lately i'd rather them being on the rise as opposed to them regressing.

Day One Pick
11-27-2009, 02:23 PM
As far as Greg Romeus goes, shhhh! Don't hype him up too much because I'm a Pitt fan and I would like to see him come back next year.

Honestly though, as a Pitt fan I have a hard time distinguishing my feeling towards their players as real or me just being a fan, if you can understand that.

Day One Pick
11-27-2009, 02:27 PM
I dont have Bradford, Pike and McCoy as 1st rounders. As for Locker and Clausen i think they'll both be top 10 picks. As for them just developing lately i'd rather them being on the rise as opposed to them regressing.

I know they can and very well might be top 10 picks. But do you see their talent and chance to succeed as top 10? I just can't put them ahead of the players I feel very confident have solid NFL careers.

I think it's almost natural to hate on McCoy a little. So often the best QB in the country gets discredited because so often they aren't the best pro prospect. Make sure you aren't just subcontiously doing it, I know I was for his first 3 1/2 seasons. Now I've seen the light, lol.

jth1331
11-27-2009, 02:28 PM

Yeah, Bradford never attempted passes down the field :rollseyes:

jimbo
11-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Colt McCoy as your top QB is laughable. He plays in a spread offense and has zero arm strength. Yeah... definitely a guy I'd want over Clausen, Locker, etc.

Day One Pick
11-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah, Bradford never attempted passes down the field :rollseyes:

He does, but they are floaters that are INT's in the NFL. He has an amazingly accurate are, but those passes don't get there in the NFL. Everyone talks negatively about Colt McCoys arm, but it appears much stronger than Bradford's.

holt_bruce81
11-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Nice job man. My opinion on first glance, Joe Haden is to low and Dezmon Briscoe is to high. But that's just my opinion.

Babylon
11-27-2009, 04:09 PM
I know they can and very well might be top 10 picks. But do you see their talent and chance to succeed as top 10? I just can't put them ahead of the players I feel very confident have solid NFL careers.

I think it's almost natural to hate on McCoy a little. So often the best QB in the country gets discredited because so often they aren't the best pro prospect. Make sure you aren't just subcontiously doing it, I know I was for his first 3 1/2 seasons. Now I've seen the light, lol.

I think there are always risks but QB gets the most attention. I actually feel better about taking Clausen and Locker early than i would about Okung, Hardy, Dunlap and Benn to name a few.

djp
11-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Eric Berry hasn't done anything close to what Ndamukong Suh has this year, and they were arguably equal prospects in most peoples books coming in. I just can't see a scenario where Suh isn't the best player in this draft

Day One Pick
11-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Eric Berry hasn't done anything close to what Ndamukong Suh has this year, and they were arguably equal prospects in most peoples books coming in. I just can't see a scenario where Suh isn't the best player in this draft

I think that's like comparing apples and oranges to be honest. Also, what does what they did this year have to do with their pro career? The two are very close in my eyes, but I feel just a little more confident Berry continues on and gets even better once he's in the NFL.

wicket
11-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I dont get why you have colt mccoy that high. Golden is a bit high on your list, as much as I love him and know he is a great college players his skills dont translate all that well to the pros

Day One Pick
11-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I dont get why you have colt mccoy that high. Golden is a bit high on your list, as much as I love him and know he is a great college players his skills dont translate all that well to the pros

Coming into this season I didn't think either had all that great of a chance to succeed in the NFL. With McCoy, I still felt that way part way though this season.

With Tate, I honestly feel like the #23 on his jersey throws people off. He looks like a RB, but in reality the NFL is full of WR's with his build. I feel he has an uncanny ability to catch the football. He really makes Clausen look better than he really is.

Scroll up a little to read my opinion on McCoy, it would be getting a bit redundant for me to speak on him any more.

wicket
11-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Coming into this season I didn't think either had all that great of a chance to succeed in the NFL. With McCoy, I still felt that way part way though this season.

With Tate, I honestly feel like the #23 on his jersey throws people off. He looks like a RB, but in reality the NFL is full of WR's with his build. I feel he has an uncanny ability to catch the football. He really makes Clausen look better than he really is.

Scroll up a little to read my opinion on McCoy, it would be getting a bit redundant for me to speak on him any more.

Concerning GT: He has a tendancy to drop the easy ones, his YAC ability will suffer in the pros and his size is decent but he is quite short and lacks the elite speed that is usually required with that size. He also has ways to go as a route runner making him a less than ideal slot receiver early on in his career.

The problems I have with McCoy as a pro prospect are actually plenty, in my book he has insufficient arm strength, plays in quite a gimmicky offense that doesnt require him to make pro-style reads. He hasnt played a team that came even close to the talent level texas has outside of oklahoma and they had a down year. Any decent QB should be dominating. He runs cold to often for an entire half of the game. He is quite mobile but his pocket presence is limited. But most of all in my book he is just build to fragile. I wouldnt like my team (regardless of the situation) using a draft pick on him any earlier than the 4th-5th round. He just screams career backup to me.

Day One Pick
11-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Concerning GT: He has a tendancy to drop the easy ones, his YAC ability will suffer in the pros and his size is decent but he is quite short and lacks the elite speed that is usually required with that size. He also has ways to go as a route runner making him a less than ideal slot receiver early on in his career.

The problems I have with McCoy as a pro prospect are actually plenty, in my book he has insufficient arm strength, plays in quite a gimmicky offense that doesnt require him to make pro-style reads. He hasnt played a team that came even close to the talent level texas has outside of oklahoma and they had a down year. Any decent QB should be dominating. He runs cold to often for an entire half of the game. He is quite mobile but his pocket presence is limited. But most of all in my book he is just build to fragile. I wouldnt like my team (regardless of the situation) using a draft pick on him any earlier than the 4th-5th round. He just screams career backup to me.

What are your thoughts on Sam Bradford? Pretty much everything you said above can also be said about Bradford. That said, I think McCoy has the stronger arm of the two and McCoy's intangibles and athletic ability are superior to Bradford as well. At the collegiant level, McCoy also trumps Bradford in experience.

I won't dispute much of what you said, I just think maybe you are going a little too far with some of it. I know McCoy doesn't have the arm strength or the ceiling as say Matt Stafford, but I do believe McCoy has adequate arm strength. As far as the system he is in, sure it's not pro style. But keep in mind that now a days not many college QB's are in a pro style offense. I think McCoy has the mental ability to read defenses at the next level, he just will need coached up and time to develope like any other young QB.

wicket
11-28-2009, 10:24 AM
What are your thoughts on Sam Bradford? Pretty much everything you said above can also be said about Bradford. That said, I think McCoy has the stronger arm of the two and McCoy's intangibles and athletic ability are superior to Bradford as well. At the collegiant level, McCoy also trumps Bradford in experience.

I won't dispute much of what you said, I just think maybe you are going a little too far with some of it. I know McCoy doesn't have the arm strength or the ceiling as say Matt Stafford, but I do believe McCoy has adequate arm strength. As far as the system he is in, sure it's not pro style. But keep in mind that now a days not many college QB's are in a pro style offense. I think McCoy has the mental ability to read defenses at the next level, he just will need coached up and time to develope like any other young QB.

With regards to SB:
In my opinion he has a stonger arm that mccoy.
His system (although also funky) is more pro style that that of texas.
also to fragile
wouldnt touch him that quick either

I dont like to many questions with the same qb.
for colt:
-to fragile/size
-system
-arm strength
thats just 1 question to many for me.

Day One Pick
11-28-2009, 10:29 AM
With regards to SB:
In my opinion he has a stonger arm that mccoy.
His system (although also funky) is more pro style that that of texas.
also to fragile
wouldnt touch him that quick either

I dont like to many questions with the same qb.
for colt:
-to fragile/size
-system
-arm strength
thats just 1 question to many for me.

Well I can respect that. It just drives me nuts when people love Bradford as a pro QB, but hate on McCoy. The two aren't too far apart either way you view them.

Babylon
11-28-2009, 10:58 AM

Second that, even if everything is equal grade wise between the two you go with 6-5 300 with the ability to get to the QB. You have to weigh the improtance of positions and QB, LT and D-linemen that can get a pass rush have to come 1st. Would be nice to have both guys.

Day One Pick
11-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Second that, even if everything is equal grade wise between the two you go with 6-5 300 with the ability to get to the QB. You have to weigh the improtance of positions and QB, LT and D-linemen that can get a pass rush have to come 1st. Would be nice to have both guys.

But are there more Suh's or Berry's in this world? Berry could play SS, FS, or CB and do some kick returning if the need was there. Suh is also versatile, he could be a DT, DE (in a 3-4), and maybe even could play some NT. But that versatility basically just means 3-4 and 4-3 teams will be looking at him, I don't think he would bring multiple options to whatever scheme he ends up in with the exception of DE or NT in a 3-4.

I just see see Berry with about a 99% chance to make it in the NFL. Suh might be 95%. Again, they are close and we're talking apples and oranges here.

I will say Suh has a much better chance to be drafted first.

Babylon
11-28-2009, 11:40 AM
But are there more Suh's or Berry's in this world? Berry could play SS, FS, or CB and do some kick returning if the need was there. Suh is also versatile, he could be a DT, DE (in a 3-4), and maybe even could play some NT. But that versatility basically just means 3-4 and 4-3 teams will be looking at him, I don't think he would bring multiple options to whatever scheme he ends up in with the exception of DE or NT in a 3-4.

I just see see Berry with about a 99% chance to make it in the NFL. Suh might be 95%. Again, they are close and we're talking apples and oranges here.

I will say Suh has a much better chance to be drafted first.

Let's assume Berry could make the same impact as an Ed Reed and Suh the same as Richard Seymour. I think you could make the argument either way. I just see a lot of defenses that cant get to the QB, Suh would be my choice but wouldnt weep over picking Berry.

Day One Pick
11-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Let's assume Berry could make the same impact as an Ed Reed and Suh the same as Richard Seymour. I think you could make the argument either way. I just see a lot of defenses that cant get to the QB, Suh would be my choice but wouldnt weep over picking Berry.

The thing is, in the NFL it's the DE's and 3-4 OLB's who teams depend on most to get to the QB. DT's and 3-4 DE's are more for run support.

Right now there's not a DT in the league I would take over Ed Reed. Decent comparison because I think that's how good Berry potentially can be.

No matter how you slice it, they are two of the better prospects to come down the pike in awhile.