PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the Suh love?

dex
11-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Good player, but seriously i don't get the top 2 talk at all.

When was the last time this guy has taken over a game at the DT position vs a good team? Never? Has he ever?

These last few games haven't been all that great, looks like the guy is playing alot of contain. He just sits there on his block.

G. McCoy had one great game vs Florida in the championship game. I'm a Gator fan i was very impressed by what he did.

I will keep and eye on Suh when he goes against Texas but i must say, UT's front line isn't that great.

When it comes to big games, breaking double teams and showing up game in and game out give me G. McCoy everytime.

Almost seems like McCoy has been having to do almost everything. Have you seen the Sooners this year? The backend of that defense has showed no effort to even try to tackle. It's like they don't even care.

I know there are alot of Suh fans on here so i hope i didn't hurt your feelings.

Tell me i'm wrong, prove me wrong.

Babylon
11-28-2009, 12:49 PM
^
I think it's easier to double teams inside guys and that's pretty much what happens on every play to Suh. I'm a little surprised that they dont move him around more on that defensive line to free him up more.

I think the size, strength and motor are pretty special with both McCoy and Suh and i would really be surprised if both are around after the 5th pick.

I wouldnt worry about hurting anyone's feelings concerning Suh, they and him will probably be smiling on draft.

LonghornsLegend
11-28-2009, 12:57 PM
All you really have to do is watch the guy play. There is always going to be at least one guy going against the grain, but honestly I don't see a very good case against him as a top 2 pick, he's about as dominant as they come.

Babylon
11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
All you really have to do is watch the guy play. There is always going to be at least one guy going against the grain, but honestly I don't see a very good case against him as a top 2 pick, he's about as dominant as they come.

Same here, i dont have a problem with calling some guys overrated (Dunlap, Okung, Tebow) but Suh just doesnt seem to have any weekness.

Shane P. Hallam
11-28-2009, 12:59 PM

Exactly. Sounds like you haven't watched him much. McCoy is great, but Suh has changed games for Nebraska. If they don't have him, I think they lose about 2 extra games, no joke. Can't say that about McCoy. Both are Top 5 picks.

bigbuc
11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Good player, but seriously i don't get the top 2 talk at all.

When was the last time this guy has taken over a game at the DT position vs a good team? Never? Has he ever?

These last few games haven't been all that great, looks like the guy is playing alot of contain. He just sits there on his block.

G. McCoy had one great game vs Florida in the championship game. I'm a Gator fan i was very impressed by what he did.

I will keep and eye on Suh when he goes against Texas but i must say, UT's front line isn't that great.

When it comes to big games, breaking double teams and showing up game in and game out give me G. McCoy everytime.

Almost seems like McCoy has been having to do almost everything. Have you seen the Sooners this year? The backend of that defense has showed no effort to even try to tackle. It's like they don't even care.

I know there are alot of Suh fans on here so i hope i didn't hurt your feelings.

Tell me i'm wrong, prove me wrong.

The fact that you need two O linemen to block him helps everyone on the D line become better. The fact that your telling me that the Texas has not that good of an O line? Isn't Texas second in scoring in all of football? Wouldn't you need a pretty good O line to do that?

Bengals78
11-28-2009, 01:35 PM
The fact that you need two O linemen to block him helps everyone on the D line become better. The fact that your telling me that the Texas has not that good of an O line? Isn't Texas second in scoring in all of football? Wouldn't you need a pretty good O line to do that?

Stop the logic please..where is starheather?

wicket
11-28-2009, 02:06 PM
he is so dominant that the guy next to him actually looks like a pretty good player as well cuz he is always going head2head against just 1 guy. despite being double covered AT LEAST, Suh still manages to produce a lot of tackles and stuff

etk
11-28-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't like Suh, but it's ridiculous to say that he's never taken over a game. He's one of the most dominants DTs ever to play CFB.

FUNBUNCHER
11-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Suh single-handedly ***** slapped Va Tech's Oline this year; he couldn't be blocked with double-teams and flowed to the ball like a 'backer.
Va Tech has an outstanding weight and conditioning program and their Olineman are among some of the strongest and more athletic front fives in the country.
Until they played against Suh.

That's when I became a believer and understood this was a different cat playing the DT position.

Maybe he doesn't flash in every game, but I don't think he's given the green light to penetrate blindly upfield either.
I think Pellini has Suh reading and reacting more than just attacking upfield and locating the football.

How he measure and tests pre-draft will have the final say, but regardless I don't see how he falls from the top 3.

eagles6606
11-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Check out the film vs. Missouri for Suh. He absolutely dominated that game. He was in the backfield every play pressuring their QB. He was getting sacks, hurrying the quarterback, stuffing the run, and even had a pick. He is incredibely strong and can do it all. He could
play 4-3 DT in the NFL or 3-4 DE. Suh is definately a top 2 pick, competing with Eric Berry

P-L
11-28-2009, 05:01 PM
What's your definition of a "good" team? He completely took over the games against Virginia Tech, Missouri, and Oklahoma.

dex
11-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Check out the film vs. Missouri for Suh. He absolutely dominated that game. He was in the backfield every play pressuring their QB. He was getting sacks, hurrying the quarterback, stuffing the run, and even had a pick. He is incredibely strong and can do it all. He could
play 4-3 DT in the NFL or 3-4 DE. Suh is definately a top 2 pick, competing with Eric Berry

Yeah i watched that game, but Mizzou is just plain bad. When i say a good team, i mean a good team. When i saw that game, alot of the plays he was getting man on man. Double teams from time to time but not alot.

Lets see what he does vs Texas.

dex
11-28-2009, 07:03 PM
What's your definition of a "good" team? He completely took over the games against Virginia Tech, Missouri, and Oklahoma.

I saw him vs OU, i didn't think him or McCoy had great games. Good but not great. Suh may of had the better game but i didn't see him take over in that game.

OU has been very bad this year. Have you seen them this year? They didn't seem like the team from last year and i'm not talking about just the offense but defense too.

ThePudge
11-28-2009, 07:21 PM
OU has been very bad this year. Have you seen them this year? They didn't seem like the team from last year and i'm not talking about just the offense but defense too.

He cited three bowl teams. Missouri is an 8 win team, Tech is a 9 win team, and OU is still a solid team. Suh played a big part in determining each of those games.

descendency
11-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Suh is a potential 34 DE and he is projected as a Warren Sapp level DT.

I can't say I've seen a lot of him, so I go on what scouting friends of mine and internet scouts I know say about him, which is that he's a top 3 pick in the NFL draft.

Suh is definately a top 2 pick, competing with Eric Berry
With all due respect, a safety will not end up in the top 2 overall. He is top 2 talent, but his positional value is in the tank. He would be the highest paid safety ever without playing a single down. That shows you it is too high for him.

edit: I was considering removing Eric Berry from my mock because of the special upcoming announcement that he has for UT fans. I think it's his coming back message (I'd want to stay under Montey Kiffin if I could...)

FUNBUNCHER
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I saw him vs OU, i didn't think him or McCoy had great games. Good but not great. Suh may of had the better game but i didn't see him take over in that game.

Be careful not to confuse a 'down' OU team with Oklahoma having a bad Oline.

Their Oline isn't the problem, so to gauge Suh's play against them is a fair measure.

eagles6606
11-28-2009, 10:33 PM
I disagree about Eric Berry. Whether he comes out or not remains to
be seen, though he would be an idiot not to. A team like Cleveland or Tampa Bay could definately take a very hard look at Berry in the top 5. Especially Cleveland. Berry has the skills to be a difference maker in the NFL and safeties are very important parts of a defense.

RaiderNation
11-28-2009, 10:43 PM
From the games Ive watched, and youtube clips Ive seen, all I can say is who ever drafts him will have a beast on their dline. Pretty much can play any position you want and produce. 6'4 300lbs and as strong as any guy who there. I hope he somehow ends up in Oakland.... we will probably just get Dunlap though

Thread Killer
11-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Suh is a bit overrated to me.

291 pound DT with a knee injury history. Seems to be the stud DTs in the NFL are much bigger.

- Stands up at the snap and out muscles and hustles his opponents. Can he be as effective doing this in the NFL? Most of the plays he makes is simply due to hustle. Not bad, but top pick worthy?

- Big 12 teams have most of the OLines playing with wide splits for their spread offenses. Will he be as effective vs. bigger, stronger, NFL linemen in tighter splits?

Babylon
11-30-2009, 10:35 PM

291 pound DT with a knee injury history. Seems to be the stud DTs in the NFL are much bigger.

- Stands up at the snap and out muscles and hustles his opponents. Can he be as effective doing this in the NFL? Most of the plays he makes is simply due to hustle. Not bad, but top pick worthy?

- Big 12 teams have most of the OLines playing with wide splits for their spread offenses. Will he be as effective vs. bigger, stronger, NFL linemen in tighter splits?

I probably like him better as a DE in a 3-4. Havent heard about any knee problems????

FUNBUNCHER
11-30-2009, 10:37 PM

Where did you read he weighs 291??

11-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Where did you read he weighs 291??

Didn't you know? It makes his argument ever more convincing. Let's not make him another product of over-analysis here. He is the top talent available, particularly for a defense that likes to use multiple fronts.

ThePudge
11-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Didn't you know? It makes his argument ever more convincing. Let's not make him another product of over-analysis here. He is the top talent available, particularly for a defense that likes to use multiple fronts.

Suh said his current weigh was 291 about a week or two ago. I'll find a link if I can, it was around here somewhere.

RaiderNation
12-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Suh said his current weigh was 291 about a week or two ago. I'll find a link if I can, it was around here somewhere.

I think he told a ESPN announcer guy and they said it during one of his games. Im sure he will put on some weight for the draft though

etk
12-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Suh is very lean with a strong upper body. I'm always gonna have a problem with his lack of strength and power in the lower body, regardless of his weight.

CC.SD
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Suh is teh dominant. UT or 3-4 DE and definitely a top 5 pick.

JhawkFitness
12-01-2009, 04:05 PM
As long as Suh keeps that inner fire and drive he should be a successful player in the right system. He has a great motor.

Dennis Moore
12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
I've been watching him at Nebraska every game since he was a freshman, and predicted two years ago that he was a top 10 pick. The complaint that he mostly reads and reacts is valid, although that isn't his fault. He occupies two blockers and holds them both at the line, eating the run and freeing up other defenders. There's a reason he's number #2 on the team in tackles... second only to his fellow DT, who sees only one blocker on Suh's account. If he was told simply to pin his ears back and rush the QB, he'd have way more sacks and forced fumbles, but Nebraska's defense would be weaker as a result. He's strong enough to do this in the NFL, too, and I think the results will mostly be the same. Not to mention how intelligent and eloquent he is, and the discipline it takes to be open to that kind of coaching, even if it may hurt his stats. I only pray Denver has enough smarts and ammo to make a trade up and take him.

bigbuc
12-02-2009, 01:07 AM
KC Joyner from ESPN did a Draft Lab on Suh and here are some of the things that came from that break down.

Joyner said from watching film that he has only seen two defensive players carry their teams the way skill position players do, Dwight Freenwy in 2003 and Jason Taylor in 06 till he put on tape of Suh this season.

He also talks about runs directed at Suh's Point of Attack which gained only 116 yards or 2.3 YPC. He also brings up splash play totals ( defender does something to negatively impact a passing play ) McCoy had 10 in five games Suh had 25 in five games.

Joyner then says that if he had a vote for the Heisman Trophy he would vote Suh without hesitation.

This coming from the guy who did a Draft Lab on McCoy and said that he should be a top 5 pick and after doing one on Suh he's saying that Suh should go number one.

Malaka
12-02-2009, 07:25 AM
KC Joyner from ESPN did a Draft Lab on Suh and here are some of the things that came from that break down.

Joyner said from watching film that he has only seen two defensive players carry their teams the way skill position players do, Dwight Freenwy in 2003 and Jason Taylor in 06 till he put on tape of Suh this season.

He also talks about runs directed at Suh's Point of Attack which gained only 116 yards or 2.3 YPC. He also brings up splash play totals ( defender does something to negatively impact a passing play ) McCoy had 10 in five games Suh had 25 in five games.

Joyner then says that if he had a vote for the Heisman Trophy he would vote Suh without hesitation.

This coming from the guy who did a Draft Lab on McCoy and said that he should be a top 5 pick and after doing one on Suh he's saying that Suh should go number one.

Um, that's because Suh has a very strong possibility of being the #1 pick... and McCoy without a doubt will be a top 5 pick... I don't like to watch ESPN for info on prospects too much, because they usually talk good about every player, but I think this guy has a point here...

no bare feet
12-02-2009, 09:14 AM
To think Suh is not a top 10 pick is crazy. He has the skillset, the motor, the football intelligence, the stats, the film to be worthy of a top 3 pick. He could play 5 tech or UT and be dominant at both, but I think he would be best at UT.

Sarcastro
12-02-2009, 11:02 AM
As far as I am concerned, Suh won the MU game for Nebraska. Without him, MU probably would have been up 20 something to zip going into the fourth quarter. He was by far the most disruptive and active player on the field that game.

bigbuc
12-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Um, that's because Suh has a very strong possibility of being the #1 pick... and McCoy without a doubt will be a top 5 pick... I don't like to watch ESPN for info on prospects too much, because they usually talk good about every player, but I think this guy has a point here...

If it helps this guy calls out players.

Patrick Robinson- he calls overhyped.
Brandon Lang- he says will never be like Ware or Osi but if you want a run stopping 3/4 backer he'll be a good pick for that.
Trent Williams- He says should not be a first rounder
Terrence Cody- Says if you take him as a two down player that will only play 50% of the snaps he's good but anything else and you're pushing it.

Malaka
12-02-2009, 01:20 PM

Brandon Lang- he says will never be like Ware or Osi but if you want a run stopping 3/4 backer he'll be a good pick for that.
Terrence Cody- Says if you take him as a two down player that will only play 50% of the snaps he's good but anything else and you're pushing it.

Isn't that what every single person on this board does...................

CC.SD
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Suh's motor alone makes him an elite prospect. You just don't see DTs pushing it on every snap as often as you'd like. It's a big character plus IMO.

jimbo
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM

I fail to see what you're getting at. All of these statements are true.

etk
12-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Subjective>Objective in football/. All those numbers don't tell you that Suh can't anchor and isn't explosive off the snap.

FUNBUNCHER
12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Subjective>Objective in football/. All those numbers don't tell you that Suh can't anchor and isn't explosive off the snap.

I haven't seen any evidence to support the claim that Suh has poor lower body strength, and none at all that Suh can't anchor.

I've never seen him blown off the LOS, even when he's doubled. That's speaks to outstanding lower body power, and how would you know how explosive Suh is off the snap when the Pellini's defensive scheme apparently doesn't ask him to penetrate upfield at the snap??

Suh's positives so far outweigh any negatives, etk, it comes across like you're nitpicking flaws in an elite prospect by anyone's measure.

LonghornsLegend
12-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Yea, what is with all the Suh love? That guy is overrated!

ThePudge
12-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Yea, what is with all the Suh love? That guy is overrated!

Is he playing tonight? You'd hope to see him step up and do something special in such a big game.

redbills
12-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Yea he sucks. He only has 3.5 sacks and is killing run plays. I thought he'd be better.

bored of education
12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
he is just destroying it tonight.

DeepThreat
12-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I have never seen a more dominant player.

TACKLE
12-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I have never seen a more dominant player.

Let's not overreact here.

Day One Pick
12-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I really think he'll be the first overall pick. If Cleveland stays in the #1 spot, I think Suh will be a Brown. He could be such a dominant 3-4 DE. I just don't think the Browns go QB. They can't miss with that pick, and I think Suh is a can't miss prospect.

tjsunstein
12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't even know who this guy is.

P-L
12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Let's not overreact here.
As far as tonight's game goes, I have never seen a defensive player take over a game like Suh has tonight. He is single-handedly keeping Nebraska in this game. He is in the backfield every single play. Texas has 20 total rushing yards in this game.

DeepThreat
12-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Well I'm only 16 so it isn't overreacting. Should have said prospect instead of player.

DeathbyStat
Suh is going number 1 regardless of who has the pick

ElectricEye
The dude is an absolute ******* monster. There's no other way to describe him. Complete animal. He's outright unblockable at times. He's the best player in the draft and I don't think it's even close. For all of McCoy's talent, he's not as much of an impact player. Not a slight at all, but Suh is destructive.

DeepThreat
12-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I can't see the Browns taking him. They need a face of the franchise, and with how the quarterbacks have played, it's the most likely scenario.

Day One Pick
12-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I can't see the Browns taking him. They need a face of the franchise, and with how the quarterbacks have played, it's the most likely scenario.

They also can't afford to miss with the pick. I wouldn't call any of the QB's in this class a "can't miss prospect." Cleveland drafting history is aweful. The fans have had it. Suh could be atleast one step in the right direction. A run stuffer like him could make their defense.

DeepThreat
12-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Trust me, I want the Browns to draft him (I'm a Browns fan) but I just don't see it happening.

ElectricEye
12-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Anybody who can draft Suh that doesn't is foolish. He almost singlehandedly beat a top three team tonight.

fenikz
12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Anybody who can draft Suh that doesn't is foolish. He almost singlehandedly beat a top three team tonight.

its amazing how close to being true that is

FUNBUNCHER
12-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Suh IMO could be a dominant player at any D-line position in any scheme.

He reminds me of a young Richard Seymour, but much more physical. It's kinda weird to say about a DT, but Suh has incredible instincts for the position, run and pass.

He friggin BEASTED the Texas Oline.

The way Suh dominates the LOS looks a lot like Reggie White did playing for the Eagles when he was literally held on every snap of the ball.

Suh plays like a number One rated overall NFL prospect at DT is supposed to look like. You don't have to be a scout to watch Suh play and understand this dude is not like anyone else currently in college football.

IMO Suh's the type of player that could make a bottom third D in the NFL automatically a top 10 ranked unit in 2010.

Prophet
12-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Anyone that passes on Suh would be foolish to do so.
He is an absolute beast undoubtedly the best overall player in the draft.

P-L
12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Honest question, has any defensive end had 4.5 sacks in one game this season? It is absolutely absurd that a defensive tackle can put up those numbers. I'm pretty sure that Suh had more sacks tonight than at least 85%-90% of the starting defensive tackles in college football have had all season.

Duffman57
12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
yah, he's so overrated, he only had about 15 tackles and 5 sacks today...:rolleyes:

LonghornsLegend
12-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Honest question, has any defensive end had 4.5 sacks in one game this season? It is absolutely absurd that a defensive tackle can put up those numbers. I'm pretty sure that Suh had more sacks tonight than at least 85%-90% of the starting defensive tackles in college football have had all season.

That, and the fact that he was doubled so frequently, it's not like these were stats do to attention being on someone else.

Brent
12-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I dont think there is even a doubt he's the best player in this draft. Tonight was further proof. Unreal performance.

fenikz
12-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I've determined the Cardinals need to throw their game vs St. Louis, I don't wan't to see Suh 2x a year

holt_bruce81
Come on Rams! 1-15 baby!

Babylon

I think his teammate Jared Crick had 5 against Baylor. Of course he benefits from teams doubling Suh.

Beans
12-05-2009, 11:02 PM
i swear to god tampa better draft suh

P-L
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
That, and the fact that he was doubled so frequently, it's not like these were stats do to attention being on someone else.
Yeah and at least two of the other sacks Nebraska recorded came when Suh was triple-teamed. So crazy.

etk
12-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I've been saying for a while that Suh is one of the most dominant players ever in CFB.

Still unsure about his draft prospects: His strengths are enormous but he has more weaknesses than McCoy and may struggle with the transition to the pros.

I missed most of the Texas game though so I'd like to see film of his big plays.

holt_bruce81
12-05-2009, 11:14 PM
i swear to god tampa better draft suh

No! Don't you want to win one more game this year? come on man! 2nd overall pick is still going to give you a heck of a player.

dex
12-05-2009, 11:19 PM
The UT o-line was worse than i thought.

But i will give Suh some props, he played one great game. I never doubted that he was a great player but the way he played tonite wasn't consistant with some other games i've watched of his.

I hope he continues to be more cosistant.

As a Lions fan i'd be happy with Suh, McCoy, Berry or Okung. Really wouldn't matter to me.

ThePudge
12-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I missed most of the Texas game though so I'd like to see film of his big plays.

Well, I'll tell you that you won't have to work very hard to find them if/when you watch. He's a lineman you can watch every play and not lose track of the ball or play. That's unbelievably rare and something I can't say about McCoy, Cody, or Marvin Austin.

He had the most disruptive game I've ever seen from an interior lineman on any level. I find it very, very hard to believe that he won't carry over his success to the NFL level. Michael Huey may cry himself to sleep tonight.

ThePudge
12-05-2009, 11:36 PM
The UT o-line was worse than i thought.

The same one McCoy put up 3 Tackles, 2 TFL, and 1 sack against. Certainly not a bad game, but Ndamukong Suh is in his own league and I'm sure many here will tell you there may never have been a more dominant force at DT in college football.

ThePudge
12-05-2009, 11:40 PM

Some here have disagreed with your comment here, but I've watched the Browns play all season and you're absolutely right. If I were a Browns fan, I'd love to have Suh, but in all likelihood they'll target a Quarterback to be the new face of the franchise, and man do they need that... Jake Locker is looking better and better, could be the next Cleveland Top 3 pick joining Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Braylon Edwards, and Joe Thomas in the last decade.

Ward
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Michael Huey may cry himself to sleep tonight.

Or he'll do what most football players do after winning a conference title...

eagles6606
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Anyone who had questions about Suh just need to put on the Texas film tonight. Suh absoulutely DOMINATED the third best team in the country. 11 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and countless pressures. Completely unblockable right until the last play of the game. He is definately the best defenssive player in the country and is easily the #1 player on my board. He is one of those talents that does not come along very often. Gerald Mccoy is a very good player, but Suh is in a class of his own. Which ever team has the first pick in the draft should give Mr. Suh a very long look.

BeerBaron
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Suh is simply ridiculous. I think he can make a greater impact as an interior lineman than any other one in the game right now. Top 3 pick for sure, and I think he has a legit shot at #1.

It's just going to boil down to how the top few picks fall. I can't see the Rams or Browns taking him...the Browns for reasons stated here.

But if the Bucs keep on losing, I doubt he falls past them. Perfect landing spot and perfect fit. They need someone just like him to anchor the middle of their defense.

ThePudge
12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Or he'll do what most football players do after winning a conference title...

Probably, I wasn't very serious about the comment and didn't mean it literally. The Nebraska film session won't be fun though as Huey was beaten like a dirty rug by Suh all day.

Hines
12-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Kid was flat out unbelieveable tonight. Wow is all I can say about him. I have him a better prospect than any of the DTs that have come out in the past 5 years.

GoBroncos
12-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Any Suh haters need to **** after tonight. The original poster should probably go back to his own hiding place, and not come out for a while.

TACKLE
12-06-2009, 12:48 AM
More embarrassing SWDC moment...

dex's "Whats with all the Suh love?" followed up by Suh having one of the most dominant defensive performances ever.

vs.

Blindsite's "Jake Delhomme is a great post-season QB" followed up with a 5 INT game.

Who ya got?

thebow305
12-06-2009, 01:02 AM
I'd give the kid the Heisman after tonight's performance.

Sure his team didn't win, but who cares? He was the greatest player in college football this year.

If it's between him and Colt, it's him for sure. But I could also see Ingram or Spiller getting it after today's performances as well.

I think the fact that he's a Senior should also play into it. My vote would be for Suh, then Ingram, then Spiller.

RaiderNation
12-06-2009, 01:56 AM
So pretty much if you say Suh isnt the best prospect in this years draft you need to GTFO

This guy is simply great. He has the film, stats and hype to be the #1 guy taken. From all the interviews Ive seen he seems like a smart guy who isnt going to come in and be a lazy ass. At 6'4 300lbs, he can play any position and be atleast decent. Id say he is perfect for either UT in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4. Personally Id like to see him in a 4-3 so I hope Cleveland doesnt draft him

KCJ58
12-06-2009, 01:58 AM
If the Rams do draft him I WILL buy his jersey

sup3rdup3r
12-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Carolina needs to lose out so the 49ers have some possibility of a chance at him...although our defensive line is already pretty stout as it is right now. Still, I pray he doesn't go to the rams.

Sarcastro
12-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Suh's 12 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and 7 TFL last night puts his totals at 82 tackles, 12 sacks, and 20.5 TFL for the season. What's the big deal?

TheSlinger
12-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Suh's 12 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and 7 TFL last night puts his totals at 82 tackles, 12 sacks, and 20.5 TFL for the season. What's the big deal?

He's a defensive tackle?

yo123
12-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Carolina needs to lose out so the 49ers have some possibility of a chance at him...although our defensive line is already pretty stout as it is right now. Still, I pray he doesn't go to the rams.

Even if they lose out, 4-12 isn't going to be bad enough to get Suh.

Bengals78
12-06-2009, 03:46 AM
I think the Bengals should offer this years and next years and some more to get him. He is the only player I would really do this for in this draft.

DeepThreat
12-06-2009, 08:01 AM
I think I'm getting a Suh jersey regardless of who drafts him. If it's the Browns or Rams, I am definitely getting one.

Sniper
12-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Dear God, what a player. The guy is simply amazing.

ClayMiller4
12-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Suh almost single-handily shut down a top three team and the best BCS offense and nearly created BCS chaos. Absolutely stunning performance. I'd grade six DTs as first rounders this year, with Suh and McCoy my top two prospects overall.

Larry121283
12-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I put this in the D-Tackle thread...

Ndamukong Suh is the best defensive tackle prospect I've ever seen actually play.

I'm not lucky enough to see Reggie White at Tennessee...Lee Roy Selmon at Oklahoma...Bruce Smith at VaTech...The Fridge at Clemson...the legends...but I can not imagine them being MORE dominant than Suh (I've seen a lot of Jerome Brown, and Suh looks on par with Brown, to me). He is unblockable 1-on-1. His activity level in the middle is better than any LINEMAN I've ever seen. He is OX strong. INSANE quickness off the snap.

How he is anything less than a consensus best player in the draft is beyond me.

LonghornsLegend
12-06-2009, 09:37 AM
More embarrassing SWDC moment...

dex's "Whats with all the Suh love?" followed up by Suh having one of the most dominant defensive performances ever.

vs.

Blindsite's "Jake Delhomme is a great post-season QB" followed up with a 5 INT game.

Who ya got?

LOL. Oh the irony in those two threads you just can't ignore. I can't pick one though, but those are 2 classic threads already.

FUNBUNCHER
12-06-2009, 10:05 AM

Ndamukong Suh is the best defensive tackle prospect I've ever seen actually play.

I'm not lucky enough to see Reggie White at Tennessee...Lee Roy Selmon at Oklahoma...Bruce Smith at VaTech...The Fridge at Clemson...the legends...but I can not imagine them being MORE dominant than Suh (I've seen a lot of Jerome Brown, and Suh looks on par with Brown, to me). He is unblockable 1-on-1. His activity level in the middle is better than any LINEMAN I've ever seen. He is OX strong. INSANE quickness off the snap.

Washington Huskies Steve Emtman ('88 - '91)was probably the most dominant DT I've ever seen play in college, another 6'4 monster who was unblockable with any combo of Olineman.

Suh is equally disruptive, although I can't remember an interior lineman putting up stats like Suh. His nose for the football and his ability to put the QB on his butt while defending the run is more reminiscent of a MLB or DE, not a biggol' DT.

IndyColtScout
12-06-2009, 11:16 AM
I think he plays alot like Richard Seymore, he's not as tall but same player. He can be a dominant inside 4-3 or outside in a 3-4. He's got it all. Lets just hope the spirit of Dan Wilkinson doesn't creep up on him.

Babylon
12-06-2009, 11:52 AM

Some of those guys you mentioned like Bruce Smith and Lee Roy Selmon were guys that came off the edge, i think it's a little easier to do damage on the QB from out there. Suh reminds me of Reggie White. If you go back to the greatest that ever played inside he is right there with White, Bob Lilly and Mean Joe Greene at a similar stage. Not basing that on just one game either, he's been a beast all year. Anyone that doesnt take him #1 is out of their minds.

Borat
12-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Dex's next thread: Why do people think the sun is hot?

dex
12-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Dex's next thread: Why do people think the sun is hot?

Oh, you are so funny...

I didn't say the guy wasn't a 1st round pick, i was just saying i didn't see where he was worth a top 2 pick as most DTs are just not. DT is not a franchise position.

It would be like the Detroit Lions taking Aaron Curry #1 overall. Name me some #1 overall DTs that had multiple Pro-bowl years. You won't find many.

He has alot of potential no doubt but i'd like to see more consistancy from him. I'm not saying he is like Shaun Rogers but if he can dominate those double teams then he should be able to dominate a game when he is getting 1 vs. 1 all day.

Taking a DT #1 or #2 overall is very risky.

Borat
12-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh, you are so funny...

Da truth. ...

MiWolves
12-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Darrell Russel #2 overall pick 1997 2 Pro Bowls
Merlin Olsen #2 Overall Pick HoF
Buck Buchanon #1 Overall pick HoF
Theres only been about 11 DT drafted #2
3 out of 11 DTs been to multiple Pro bowls who've been drafted number 1 or 2 thats a pretty high percentage rate if you asked me.

phlysac
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh, you are so funny...

I didn't say the guy wasn't a 1st round pick, i was just saying i didn't see where he was worth a top 2 pick as most DTs are just not. DT is not a franchise position.

It would be like the Detroit Lions taking Aaron Curry #1 overall. Name me some #1 overall DTs that had multiple Pro-bowl years. You won't find many.

Considering there have only been TWO DT's EVER taken #1 overall. It would be difficult to find many. But of those two, one was a Pro Bowler.

He has alot of potential no doubt but i'd like to see more consistancy from him. I'm not saying he is like Shaun Rogers but if he can dominate those double teams then he should be able to dominate a game when he is getting 1 vs. 1 all day.

Only SEVEN DT's have been taken #1 or #2. They combined for 12 Pro Bowl appearances and one Hall of Fame selection.

Here are every single DT selected in the Top-5 in draft history.

22 players - 64 Pro Bowl Appearances - 3 Hall of Famers

Pretty good odds.

1951 - 5 - Bob Gain - 5 Pro Bowls
1961 - 3 - Joe Rutgens - 2 Pro Bowls
1962 - 3 - Merlin Olsen - 14 Pro Bowls - Hall of Fame
1963 - 3 - Jim Dunaway - 4 Pro Bowls
1964 - 4 - Scott Appleton
1969 - 4 - Joe Greene - 10 Pro Bowls - Hall of Fame
1970 - 2 - Mike McCoy
1970 - 4 - Phil Olson
1973 - 5 - Dave Butz
1974 - 5 - John Dutton - 3 Pro Bowls
1975 - 2 - Randy White - 9 Pro Bowls - Hall of Fame
1976 - 2 - Steve Niehaus
1985 - 3 - Ray Childress - 5 Pro Bowls
1986 - 2 - Tony Casillas -
1990 - 3 - Cortez Kennedy - 8 Pro Bowls
1991 - 1 - Russell Maryland - 1 Pro Bowl
1992 - 3 - Sean Gilbert - 1 Pro Bowl
1994 - 1 - Dan Wilkinson
1997 - 2 - Darrell Russell - 2 Pro Bowls
2001 - 3 - Gerard Warren
2003 - 4 - Dewayne Robertson
2008 - 5 - Glenn Dorsey

MiWolves
12-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Darrell Russell was a beast when he was alive for all we know he was going to be 10x pro bowler if he didn't abuse substances. In his 2 pro bowl seasons he averaged 10 sacks then he started to abuse substances.

FUNBUNCHER
12-06-2009, 04:34 PM
In a year where there isn't a legitimate franchise QB, big time WR prospect, a dominant LT, or a Mario Williams type DE, what two prospects would you select before Suh??

In this draft at least, Suh IMO is a clear cut #1 selection.

FUNBUNCHER
12-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Some of those guys you mentioned like Bruce Smith and Lee Roy Selmon were guys that came off the edge, i think it's a little easier to do damage on the QB from out there. Suh reminds me of Reggie White. If you go back to the greatest that ever played inside he is right there with White, Bob Lilly and Mean Joe Greene at a similar stage. Not basing that on just one game either, he's been a beast all year. Anyone that doesnt take him #1 is out of their minds.

Bruce was a DT at Va Tech who was an insane pass rusher, if a I recall correctly.

Saints-Tigers
12-06-2009, 04:39 PM
If a team had an amazing D-Line and a practice squad for a secondary, I could justify taking Berry.

But if someone takes one of these offensive linemen or QBs over Suh, I'm gonna laugh my Ndamukong off.

FUNBUNCHER
12-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh, you are so funny...

You're looking for perfection out of Suh, when in reality no prospect is without flaws.
It's not a crime if a player gets up for big games more so than a mediocre conference opponent.

Since the NFL is a league of 'big games' every Sunday, I'm more than satisfied with his intensity level.

Look at his stat line for the year, 82 tackles, 12 sacks, and 20.5 TFL, and realize that those numbers reflect the output of a DE/OLB, not a DT.

Babylon
12-06-2009, 04:58 PM
You're looking for perfection out of Suh, when in reality no prospect is without flaws.
It's not a crime if a player gets up for big games more so than a mediocre conference opponent.

Since the NFL is a league of 'big games' every Sunday, I'm more than satisfied with his intensity level.

Look at his stat line for the year, 82 tackles, 12 sacks, and 20.5 TFL, and realize that those numbers reflect the output of a DE/OLB, not a DT.

Clearly the number one pick to me no matter who's picking.

Saints-Tigers
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Suh's numbers look like a 5 star DT in high school kind of ****.

I can't wait till the post season where guys start trying to pick at his flaws more, haha.

RaiderNation
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Suh leads his team with 82 tackles, 23 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, 1 interception, 10 passes broken up, 24 quarterback hurries, 1 forced fumble, and 3 blocked kicks... decent

katnip
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
reminds me of kevin williams of the vikes, cept in college

P-L
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Only five defensive ends have more sacks than Ndamukong Suh this season. I still can't fathom that.

Don Vito
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM
The Pats have a lot of holes right now, but if I could take anyone in this class it would be Suh. Our DL is hardly our weak point, but he is just a force. The guy can do it all.

Nalej
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM
The Pats have a lot of holes right now, but if I could take anyone in this class it would be Suh. Our DL is hardly our weak point, but he is just a force. The guy can do it all.

That goes without saying. I would LOVE for the Pats to draft him but I'll settle for a pass rusher at the bottom half of the 1st rd.

Suh in NE would not be right though. I can see him being more disruptive then Seymour in our scheme.
No knock to Seymour who's great... Suh is just inhuman though

RaiderNation
12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Imagine... Seymour next to Suh.... I really hope we trade up for him. We could put Seymour at UT and Suh at NT with Ellis and Shaughnessy/Richardson/Scott at DE. Man the dline could be nasty if we stop running some stupid ass defenses

TACKLE
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Suh leads his team with 82 tackles, 23 tackles for loss, 12 sacks, 1 interception, 10 passes broken up, 24 quarterback hurries, 1 forced fumble, and 3 blocked kicks... decent

With a good combine, he might even be able to sneak into the first round.

Nalej
12-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Imagine... Seymour next to Suh.... I really hope we trade up for him. We could put Seymour at UT and Suh at NT with Ellis and Shaughnessy/Richardson/Scott at DE. Man the dline could be nasty if we stop running some stupid ass defenses

That'd be scary. Really. A sick ass DLine with Aso taking out half the field.
Suh'll be gone before you pick though... Maybe you can do that with G. McCoy?
Not Suh but not a bad plan B either way though

With a good combine, he might even be able to sneak into the first round.

You're pushing it now. Let's not get crazy

ElectricEye
12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Is this Dex dude really saying he isn't consistent? Look at the numbers. He shows up ALL the time. Even when he's not putting up scary stats, he's impacting the game by the way teams HAVE to block him.

There's no way not to like him. He's the Adrian Peterson of defensive tackle prospects.

dex
12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Suh's numbers look like a 5 star DT in high school kind of ****.

I can't wait till the post season where guys start trying to pick at his flaws more, haha.

Suh is a elite talent no doubt but i still like G. McCoy over Suh. My thinking is that when it's all said and done and everyone is picking apart their games they will see that McCoy is better in technique, quicker off the line, more burst, more athletic and better at spliting double teams.

I also think McCoy has been better for a longer period of time. McCoy was just so dominate vs Florida in the championship game. That was vs the Pouncey twins, two guys that have bright futures in the NFL.

I'd love to have Suh or McCoy next to Sammie Hill. That would be awesome.

dex
12-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Is this Dex dude really saying he isn't consistent? Look at the numbers. He shows up ALL the time. Even when he's not putting up scary stats, he's impacting the game by the way teams HAVE to block him.

There's no way not to like him. He's the Adrian Peterson of defensive tackle prospects.

Looking at stats will do you no justice in scouting a player. You need to watch the games. I'm no scout by any means but i like to watch college players. Especially the ones that i think the Detroit Lions might select.

Suh has dissapeared from time to time, he does have a great motor for a guy his size though. Not saying he should dominate every game, just saying in some of those games he didn't make much of a impact.

We shall see when it's all said and done.

LonghornsLegend
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM

This is just his way of trying to save face after Suh made this thread look ridiculous.

Any problems you have with Suh your purely nitpicking, but if you have a problem with him then you shouldn't like any other DT prospect, ever. The motor this guy has is unheard of, I literally don't see him take any plays off.

RaiderNation
12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Looking at stats will do you no justice in scouting a player. You need to watch the games. I'm no scout by any means but i like to watch college players. Especially the ones that i think the Detroit Lions might select.

Suh has dissapeared from time to time, he does have a great motor for a guy his size though. Not saying he should dominate every game, just saying in some of those games he didn't make much of a impact.

From the games Ive watched Suh is pretty much doing the right thing every play. He may not be getting the tackle but he takes up 2 blockers and allows his teammates to attack the ball carrier.

aNYtitan
12-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Whoever posed this question should have seen last nights game and EDITED his topic cause Suh basically kept the Cornhuskers in the game against the 2nd best team in the nation. He wasn't going against some WAC or Big East tackles

Hines
12-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Suh is terrible. Shouldn't be drafted.

Saints-Tigers
12-06-2009, 11:51 PM
I can't see how someone can consider Suh inconsistent(and say McCoy is more consistent in the same breath). He's about the most consistently dominant defensive player we've seen in college in a while.

ElectricEye
12-07-2009, 12:14 AM

The ironic part of this is that the stats are the icing on the cake. Anyone who watched him play this year, aside from you, thinks he was the best player on the field at all times. He was absolutely dominant. Sort of the opposite of inconsistent. Watch the Texas game. Watch the Missouri game. Those are his two best, but watch any. It's easy to come on here and say "oh he's inconsistent" with anyone but Suh. That argument doesn't fly for him.

RealityCheck
12-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Suh is terrible. Shouldn't be drafted.
Lol good use of sarcasm, Hines.

Suh is without a shade of doubt the best player in this class, and he proved this against Texas.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
For the bowl game Nebraska should just be called the Nebraska Suh. No Cornhuskers.

dex
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
From the games Ive watched Suh is pretty much doing the right thing every play. He may not be getting the tackle but he takes up 2 blockers and allows his teammates to attack the ball carrier.

Not from what i've seen. I've seen multiple games where he is only getting taking on 1 person. Not every game does he get double teamed.

I think McCoy gets doubled more often than Suh does. I think once the combine comes around, interviews are done, scouts are down breaking down the game tape then i think McCoy could actually be the one graded higher.

But i do hope Suh gets picked 1st. I really want the Lions to take McCoy. He uses better technique than Suh does and is a better pass rusher.

I think McCoy would be the better fit at the UT for the Lions while Sammie L. Hill is the NT. Hill sure has been a surprize for us lions fans. I believe he was a true steal. During pre-season he was getting pushed back and in the 1st game but this guy has been improving every game. I don't even see him get pushed back anymore. He actually gets more push foward now and it showed vs the Bengals.

Yeah i'd love it. Hill and McCoy in the middle. Great combo.

I do wonder though.

Who was better coming out of Oklahoma?

G. McCoy or T. Harris?

FUNBUNCHER
12-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Dex, if you're high on McCoy, start a thread about why you think he should be the #1 overall or first DT taken off the board. It seems like you're obsessed with repping McCoy by tearing Suh down.

No one here believes McCoy is an inferior prospect, only that over the 2009 season, Suh in the opinion of many has been the more impressive football player.

And trust me, when you observe Suh being 'blocked' by one player and not penetrating, that's more a reflection of Pellini's defensive scheme and not a lack of ability on Suh's part.
At the snap Suh IMO isn't coached to simply penetrate into the backfield, often he holds the LOS, reads the play, run/pass, the makes his move.

I don't believe there's an Olineman in college football who can block Suh one on one.

gutman54
12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Really dex? I have watched every single minute of every Nebraska game, aside from T-Tech, this year. You couldn't be anymore wrong in your little breakdown of Suh vs. McCoy. McCoy is great, fantastic even, but Suh just takes that to a whole different level. You also claim that McCoy is a better pass rusher, who has more sacks, quarterback hurries and pass break ups? Thank you very much. You also state that Suh doesn't have as good of technique as McCoy, but would you also state that McCoy has better technique than Dorsey? If not, then I doubt you can state that he has better technique than Suh, they were taught by the same coach, in-fact I would argue that Suh may have an advantage over Dorsey in that Carl Pelini, who is a fantastic defensive mind in his own right, is paired up with his brother in mentoring Suh. Think what you would like, but it is absolutely ridiculous that you are sitting there stating that Suh should be ranked below McCoy. And for one more thing, against the same Texas line, McCoy had 3 TOTAL tackles, and 1 sack. Suh had 4.5 sacks, .5 sacks more than McCoy's total numbers. I really think you're just looking for attention, and after that Texas game you seem to be trying to take it back somewhat, realizing how good Suh is.

RealityCheck
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
I agree with everything the previous posters said. McCoy is nowhere Suh's league. Nobody in the draft is.

dex
12-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Really dex? I have watched every single minute of every Nebraska game, aside from T-Tech, this year. You couldn't be anymore wrong in your little breakdown of Suh vs. McCoy. McCoy is great, fantastic even, but Suh just takes that to a whole different level. You also claim that McCoy is a better pass rusher, who has more sacks, quarterback hurries and pass break ups? Thank you very much. You also state that Suh doesn't have as good of technique as McCoy, but would you also state that McCoy has better technique than Dorsey? If not, then I doubt you can state that he has better technique than Suh, they were taught by the same coach, in-fact I would argue that Suh may have an advantage over Dorsey in that Carl Pelini, who is a fantastic defensive mind in his own right, is paired up with his brother in mentoring Suh. Think what you would like, but it is absolutely ridiculous that you are sitting there stating that Suh should be ranked below McCoy. And for one more thing, against the same Texas line, McCoy had 3 TOTAL tackles, and 1 sack. Suh had 4.5 sacks, .5 sacks more than McCoy's total numbers. I really think you're just looking for attention, and after that Texas game you seem to be trying to take it back somewhat, realizing how good Suh is.

Look at who gets double teamed more, it is clearly McCoy. McCoy shows that he is more athletic and quicker as Oklahoma lines him up at DT and DE sometimes.

Like i said, i don't pay attention to the stats. I just watch the games.

We shall see when it gets closer to the draft. I realize alot of you dissagree, thats what this forum is for. I'm not bashing or trashing your guy's opinions like alot of people are doing to mine.

I say again, UT's o-line was literally trash. I was so wrong about them, alabama is going to have a fun day against them.

Watch this game. McCoy is actually going up against a decent interior line. This game is much more impressive than Suh's game vs Texas who's o-line is just flat out terrible.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/52078/bcs-national-championship-fedex-national-championship-game-oklahoma-vs-florida

Like i have said, I view them both as top 5 picks for sure but i'd rather have McCoy for my Lions. I just view him as the better fit. Suh will be a great player.

With Clausen declaring, I'm hoping he goes very high to help the Lions' chances of getting McCoy.

Edit : On a side note. Use some spaces next time. It isn't fun or easy to read when you bunch a long post like that.

LizardState
12-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree with everything the previous posters said. McCoy is nowhere Suh's league. Nobody in the draft is.

No one else is, true enough. He had one of those rare DT domination of an entire game vs. the Horns. 4 & 1/2 sacks, absolutely unblockable.

I started my 1st mock this morning with Suh 1st overall to the St. Louis Rams & a 1-15 rcd. b/c :

It will be the latest iteration in the Rams seemingly eternal need to stop the run, which they haven't done in the pre-Martz era, in actually forever (or since leaving California)

The Rams will chg. ownership this offseason & in the down economy they can't afford a QB replacement for Bulger in the absence of a rookie cap, it could bankrupt them

The Rams are hardwired into the Nebraska program.

HawkeyeFan
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
McCoy is good, and probably better than Suh. Dan Williams will end up better than Suh as well. The thing I don't like about Suh is how dominate he is, and how well he uses his hands and leverage. I'd prefer him to be coachable, not godly...

RealityCheck
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
No one else is, true enough. He had one of those rare DT domination of an entire game vs. the Horns. 4 & 1/2 sacks, absolutely unblockable.

I started my 1st mock this morning with Suh 1st overall to the St. Louis Rams & a 1-15 rcd. b/c :

It will be the latest iteration in the Rams seemingly eternal need to stop the run, which they haven't done in the pre-Martz era, in actually forever (or since leaving California)

The Rams will chg. ownership this offseason & in the down economy they can't afford a QB replacement for Bulger in the absence of a rookie cap, it could bankrupt them

The Rams are hardwired into the Nebraska program.

I've never looked into those three points you just mentioned, good job.

dex
12-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Dex, if you're high on McCoy, start a thread about why you think he should be the #1 overall or first DT taken off the board. It seems like you're obsessed with repping McCoy by tearing Suh down.

No one here believes McCoy is an inferior prospect, only that over the 2009 season, Suh in the opinion of many has been the more impressive football player.

And trust me, when you observe Suh being 'blocked' by one player and not penetrating, that's more a reflection of Pellini's defensive scheme and not a lack of ability on Suh's part.
At the snap Suh IMO isn't coached to simply penetrate into the backfield, often he holds the LOS, reads the play, run/pass, the makes his move.

I don't believe there's an Olineman in college football who can block Suh one on one.

We shall see if that is true when the combine rolls around or if he plays in the senior bowl.

I'd like to see Iupati and Suh go at it at the senior bowl, if they both go.

FUNBUNCHER
12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Dex, Texas' Oline isn't terrible, far from it. Suh just made them look that way.

Alabama won't have nearly the same success against the Longhorns front five that Suh had, simply because Alabama doesn't have Suh on their roster.

gutman54
12-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Look at who gets double teamed more, it is clearly McCoy. McCoy shows that he is more athletic and quicker as Oklahoma lines him up at DT and DE sometimes.

I say again, UT's o-line was literally trash. I was so wrong about them, alabama is going to have a fun day against them.

Edit : On a side note. Use some spaces next time. It isn't fun or easy to read when you bunch a long post like that.

Considering Suh was pretty much double teamed all year this year, it is probably safe to say that they were both double teamed about the same, moot point.

You also like to say that McCoy is quicker and more athletic, citing that they line him up at DE sometimes. They do the same with Suh, and I think the fact that you see Suh a lot down field making tackles if the play goes the other way, etc. proves his athleticism.

If UT's line is so trash, why couldn't McCoy put up similar numbers if he is as athletic and quick? While i agree Alabama will have a field day, I still am wondering why McCoy didn't have a field day against them?

I guess we will see during the combine/senior bowl who the more elite prospect is, but I'd be willing to bet my Mother it'll end up being Suh, close, but still Suh

RealityCheck
12-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Dex, Texas' Oline isn't terrible, far from it. Suh just made them look that way.
Extremely well put.

If Suh isn't a top player, then why many people (including me) are having him as the 1st overall pick?

KennyPowers
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
If Texas' Oline is so bad, why didn't Oklahoma get a sack when they played Texas?

dex
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
If Texas' Oline is so bad, why didn't Oklahoma get a sack when they played Texas?

Not sure what other players did but McCoy did get a sack vs UT.

McCoy got 1 sack and 2 tackles for loss vs UT this year.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2009&org=522&player=93

Also to the other guy talking about the quickness between the two.

It is very clear when you watch them both. It's not just that OU lines McCoy at DT and DE, i also see that McCoy is just quicker off the LOS and has a better burst. That is why i said he was quicker and a better athlete.

Don't get me wrong, both of these guys are elite athletes for their size.

Like i said, we shall see when the time gets closer. But apparently so many people think i'm ******** and i have no clue what i'm talking about with all the negative rep i've gotten on this thread. LOL

I see i have made several people upset.

Mr.Regular
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Suh is such a stud...I've never seen a non QB take a over a game like that on any top level...pretty remarkable. And hes been a stud all year...

Question, when was the last time a DT prospect was rated as highly as him? There aren't any in my mind that are even close.

RaiderNation
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Your the only person on here that thinks McCoy is a better prospect that Suh. McCoy is a great player and should be a top5 or 10 pick for sure, but there is no way Ive seen him take over a game like Suh has this year.

bamatitan81
12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Dex..........are you Gerald McCoy?

dex
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Your the only person on here that thinks McCoy is a better prospect that Suh. McCoy is a great player and should be a top5 or 10 pick for sure, but there is no way Ive seen him take over a game like Suh has this year.

For awhile Scott Wright had McCoy over Suh. I'd like to hear his opinion now.

Also i think alot of you will be happy about this.

http://stiffarmtrophy.com/

Suh really has a chance at the heisman.

DeepThreat
12-07-2009, 07:02 PM
From his twitter, on November 8th, "I don't care what underclassmen come out, it's going to be real tough to knock Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh out of the top spot in my rankings."

RaiderNation
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
For awhile Scott Wright had McCoy over Suh. I'd like to hear his opinion now.

Also i think alot of you will be happy about this.

http://stiffarmtrophy.com/

Suh really has a chance at the heisman.

As the twitter update above says, Suh is most likely Scotts #1 guy right now. Alot of people had McCoy over Suh at the beginning of the year, including myself. From what Ive seen from both this year and some last year I will take Suh over any player in this draft.

Suh should win it IMO, Heisman should go to the best player in the NCAA, and Suh is that

dex
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
As the twitter update above says, Suh is most likely Scotts #1 guy right now. Alot of people had McCoy over Suh at the beginning of the year, including myself. From what Ive seen from both this year and some last year I will take Suh over any player in this draft.

Suh should win it IMO, Heisman should go to the best player in the NCAA, and Suh is that

I don't know man, did you see Gerhart vs USC and ND. Just wow. I know he isn't the NFL prospect that Suh is but Gerhart just flat out dominated in those games. Those were the only ones i got to watch of him.

I remember a few times where he would drag a couple of ND defenders and another guy would jump on his back as if he was a daddy of 3 boys and he was giving them a ride. It was just hillarious. He really made that defense look like a bunch of little boys.

Dragging people, trucking people, plowing people, and out running them. Name it and he did it.

I think it should be Gerhart #1 and Suh #2. Both guys dominated this year.

FUNBUNCHER
12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't know man, did you see Gerhart vs USC and ND. Just wow. I know he isn't the NFL prospect that Suh is but Gerhart just flat out dominated in those games. Those were the only ones i got to watch of him.

I remember a few times where he would drag a couple of ND defenders and another guy would jump on his back as if he was a daddy of 3 boys and he was giving them a ride. It was just hillarious. He really made that defense look like a bunch of little boys.

Dragging people, trucking people, plowing people, and out running them. Name it and he did it.

I think it should be Gerhart #1 and Suh #2. Both guys dominated this year.

Are you making a funny, dex??

You're comparing Suh to a guy that's a marginal 1st rounder??

Again, I don't see why the fact others are really positive about Suh, which had nothing at all to do with McCoy, ( very few are comparing Suh to anyone in college ball, except himself and previous greats), yet you still are taking cheap shots at him like he's overrated.

Point blank, Suh has had a season for the ages at DT. McCoy has not.

I still expect MCCoy to eventually develop into a pro bowl type player, but this season in college football, Suh alone has been the MAN.

Both will probably end up gone in the first 6 picks, but only Suh has the best chance to go #1 overall, as of right now.

Stop dissing Suh before he knocks your block off!!!:mad:

dex
12-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Since when does the heisman voting have anything to do with draft status?

Come on....

FUNBUNCHER
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM
You're talking about RaiderNation saying Suh should win the Heisman??

Dang, man, you're just looking for things to be pissed about. I don't think RaiderNation was saying that Suh should be the #1 overall pick because he thinks he should win the Heisman too.

His point was, I think, that since Suh is arguably the best player in college football, and the best pro prospect available in the draft, the powers that be should give Suh the Heisman for his general brilliance on a football field.

How's that??

dex
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
You're talking about RaiderNation saying Suh should win the Heisman??

Dang, man, you're just looking for things to be pissed about. I don't think RaiderNation was saying that Suh should be the #1 overall pick because he thinks he should win the Heisman too.

His point was, I think, that since Suh is arguably the best player in college football, and the best pro prospect available in the draft, the powers that be should give Suh the Heisman for his general brilliance on a football field.

How's that??

I know exactly what he was talking about. No clue what you were talking about.

Draft status and getting voted for the heisman are 2 totally different things. I was just talking about the Heisman voting and who should win it. Suh has dominated on the defensive side and Gerhart did it on offense. Really hard to say who did more for his team.

But i do like Gerhard to win it but if Suh wins it that would be cool also. It's been a long time since someone won it on defense and that guy also returned kicks so that helped Woodson.

Looking for things to be pissed about? Um ok? Looks like i have offended you, thats the only thing i can think of.

I have nothing against Suh as i have said repeatedly. I'd love to have him on my Detroit Lions but i just like McCoy slightly better. It is ok for people to have different opinions... Is it not?

FUNBUNCHER
12-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I thought you were being sarcastic about Suh winning it, or that he should win.

My bad.

RealityCheck
12-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Draft status and getting voted for the heisman are 2 totally different things.
Troy Smith anyone?

Also, I really want Suh to win the Heisman.

stephenson86
12-08-2009, 09:15 AM
i really want suh

dex
12-08-2009, 09:34 AM
It is going to make me sick if Ingram wins it, it really should go to Suh or Gerhart.

I can't believe McCoy and Ingram are that far up there. I'd be willing to bet it's because they are on a team that has a chance to win a title.

I think they had it right when Tebow won it, he sure wasn't on a team that was about to win a title.

Give it to the guy that had the best year, give it to the guy that dominated the nation.

That should be Suh or Gerhart. Not McCoy, not Ingram and not Tebow.

If Ingram winds up winning it, this award means nothing.

From the stiffarmtrophy site they have Ingram in the lead now. Disguisting.

RealityCheck
12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
That should be Suh or Gerhart. Not McCoy, not Ingram and not Tebow.
For the first time ever, I agree with you.

FUNBUNCHER
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
IMO Ingram just hasn't had the type of season you would expect from a Heisman trophy winning RB.

I have no clue who's going to win. This year's class is a little soft, it could be the year someone like Suh sneaks into the top spot.

Logically, it's probably a three horse race between Ingram, McCoy, and Gerhart.

DeathbyStat
12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
If this was truly about who the best player in college football is its suh hands done.

If its the best running back I'm going to say that Spiller and Toby are better than Ingram because everyone running back that Alabama puts out there has success

GoBroncos
12-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I am a DIE HARD Sooner fan, and I would take Suh over Gerald McCoy everyday of the week and twice on the weekends. GM is good, Suh is a GOD!

JFLO
12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I am a DIE HARD Sooner fan, and I would take Suh over Gerald McCoy everyday of the week and twice on the weekends. GM is good, Suh is a GOD!

Yea, I've pretty much convinced myself that Suh is the best defensive tackle to enter the draft in the past decade. He still has some small nit picky things to work on but he has the potential to be the best defensive lineman in the league, let alone defensive tackle.

Borat
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
He's the best college DT I've ever seen. That honor previously belonged to Warren Sapp.

Fly_EaglesFly
12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Suh is a beast, enough said. he prob wont win the heisman, but he will anchor a dline for years to come

FUNBUNCHER
12-10-2009, 07:42 AM
ESPN had a segment with Gerhart and McCoy about the Heisman trophy award and both players were asked who they felt was the best player in college football.

Answer? SUH.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-13-2009, 11:39 AM

You're just a normal guy with exceptional hair.