PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Williams Rb... VT

bigbuc
11-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Have you guys seen this kid play? He runs like an 18 wheeler. He's only a Freshman... Guys got 4 Td's today. If he doesn't get hurt he'll be a big time player and in two years should be a first rounder. Kid looks like he could be a great back.

murdamal86
11-28-2009, 05:08 PM
He's a beast. I've seen enough of him to be convinced

etk
11-28-2009, 05:14 PM
One quarter was enough to convince me.

He can declare next year and he's a top 15 pick imo.

murdamal86
11-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Have y'all noticed that every time FSU gets tackled, it's always by atleast 2 people?

etk
11-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Have y'all noticed that every time FSU gets tackled, it's always by atleast 2 people?

Football is supposed to be like that.

Wrong thread btw.

bigbuc
11-28-2009, 05:30 PM
One quarter was enough to convince me.

He can declare next year and he's a top 15 pick imo.

I'm with you on that one etk.

ThePudge
11-28-2009, 05:40 PM

What does this have to do with Ryan Williams, who is playing Virginia?

ATLDirtyBirds
11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
The man is a goddamn machine.

murdamal86
11-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Football is supposed to be like that.

Wrong thread btw.

What does this have to do with Ryan Williams, who is playing Virginia?

lol my bad brethren it was suppose to be in the game day thread.

JRTPlaya21
11-28-2009, 06:03 PM
He is kinda nice...tell me something new guys :) ;).

Duffman57
11-28-2009, 06:42 PM
All i gotta say is watch this run at about 30 seconds into the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrMgAGXcRc

He gives the guy a sled ride on his backside for about 15 yards.

But anyway, this kid is a monster and he will be a great player in the NFL whenever he comes out.

phlysac
11-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Will be very interesting to see what happens when Darren Evans returns to the lineup.

BamaFalcon59
Some of the best leg drive I have seen. Loves to deliver the blow, not receive it. Very rarely takes a big hit. Runs low and has excellent vision.

Great hands, changes direction on a dime.

I haven't seen a weakness in his game, and the only things keeping him from being a AP type prospect are speed (4.50 IMO) and height (5'9"/5'10").

BamaFalcon59
Will be very interesting to see what happens when Darren Evans returns to the lineup.

Nothing.

DE is a good back, but he has zero on RW.

dex
11-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah i live 30 minutes from blacksburg and they talk about him all the time on the radio. I've been on his bandwangon from the start of the season.

I believe he and Richardson are the best backs in the nation.

I'd love to have one of them on the Detroit Lions.

phlysac
11-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Nothing.

DE is a good back, but he has zero on RW.

I agree that Williams is a better talent but you can't ignore that Evans held the ACC Freshman rushing record prior to Williams this season. Much credit to the VT OL.

BamaFalcon59
11-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I agree that Williams is a better talent but you can't ignore that Evans held the ACC Freshman rushing record prior to Williams this season. Much credit to the VT OL.

I watched every game.

Yes, Evans was good a good back for us last season. Ryan Williams should be an All-American for us this season.

Dumb that CJ Spiller is a Doak Award Finalist and not RW.

And the OL is decent, not what I would call good though. It's been mostly the backs.

ImBrotherCain
11-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Ive been high on the kid since the day he committed. He has a great burst and deceptive power. He looks like a duche but i have only heard good things about his character. http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/RYANWILLIAMSARMY08150.JPG

I am really interested to see how the team performs with Tyrod in his final year, RW and DE holding down the fort in the backfield and then the WR having one more year to mature.

I have high expectations for what they can accomplish

redbills
11-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I watched his 1st game and parts of others, man that guy is a fing god.

JRTPlaya21
11-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Ive been high on the kid since the day he committed. He has a great burst and deceptive power. He looks like a duche but i have only heard good things about his character. http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/RYANWILLIAMSARMY08150.JPG

I am really interested to see how the team performs with Tyrod in his final year, RW and DE holding down the fort in the backfield and then the WR having one more year to mature.

I have high expectations for what they can accomplish

How could you forget about David Wilson? Smh. lol.

P-L
11-28-2009, 10:04 PM
This question is probably more suited for the college football forum, but what is Darren Evans' workload going to look like next year?

JRTPlaya21
11-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Hmm I am thinking they will ease him back in slowly, but expect him to split carries with Williams & Wilson mainly. I just don't see him being the outright starter again.

FUNBUNCHER
11-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Va Tech almost has TOO many RBs.

Next season they'll have three guys on the roster with 1st team ability. Evans, Wilson, and Williams could start for practically any team in the country.

D-Unit
11-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Ryan Williams has been on my NCAA fantasy team all year... so you know how much I love him. He's fast as hell too. Chris Johnson 2.0???

Thumper
11-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Ryan Williams has been on my NCAA fantasy team all year... so you know how much I love him. He's fast as hell too. Chris Johnson 2.0???

No way. You got Williams all wrong, he is in no way shape or form anything like Chris Johnson, he is more like 60% Marion Barber and 40% LT. Your not going to find a more prototypical RB in college than Williams, he is going to be a workhorse in the NFL.

Next years RB class is going to be so sick with Williams and Ingram

LonghornsLegend
11-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Didn't he end up as a starter by default? I remember VT having alot of RB injuries which pushed him into the starting line-up and he hasn't looked back since. He's a beast, but I always wonder how much he would have gotten to play immediately if there weren't so many injuries.

BamaFalcon59
11-29-2009, 03:00 AM

RW has a great burst, but his top speed isn't anything like Johnson's. He has amazing open field skills though.

Didn't he end up as a starter by default? I remember VT having alot of RB injuries which pushed him into the starting line-up and he hasn't looked back since. He's a beast, but I always wonder how much he would have gotten to play immediately if there weren't so many injuries.

Considering how much DE is loved by coaches, teammates, and fans, coupled with a freshman All-American/ record breaking season, it is unlikely RW would have reached this point without the injury.

VT folks really have a thing for DE. I've always thought him a very good back- good power, decent straight line speed, a great blocker, good vision- but he doesn't have what Williams has.

jimbo
11-29-2009, 09:56 AM
No way. You got Williams all wrong, he is in no way shape or form anything like Chris Johnson, he is more like 60% Marion Barber and 40% LT. Your not going to find a more prototypical RB in college than Williams, he is going to be a workhorse in the NFL.

Next years RB class is going to be so sick with Williams and Ingram

I thought Williams was only a true freshman? And you're completely right about Williams being nothing like CJ. CJ's like the fastest guy in the NFL, while Williams is no slouch, I'd be surprised if he didn't run around 4.40-4.45 in his 40.

dex
11-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I thought Williams was only a true freshman? And you're completely right about Williams being nothing like CJ. CJ's like the fastest guy in the NFL, while Williams is no slouch, I'd be surprised if he didn't run around 4.40-4.45 in his 40.

He is a RSFreshman.

I hope he stays for another 2 years then comes out with Trent Richardson. Forget Ingram, Richardson will be the better one.

Then i hope the Lions can get Williams or Richardson.

etk
11-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Some of the best leg drive I have seen. Loves to deliver the blow, not receive it. Very rarely takes a big hit. Runs low and has excellent vision.

Great hands, changes direction on a dime.

I haven't seen a weakness in his game, and the only things keeping him from being a AP type prospect are speed (4.50 IMO) and height (5'9"/5'10").

This sums it up well, especially the last part.

Va Tech almost has TOO many RBs.

Next season they'll have three guys on the roster with 1st team ability. Evans, Wilson, and Williams could start for practically any team in the country.

Most teams have more talented backs than Evans.

If you think VaTech is loaded at RB, check out Miami's roster.

SenorGato
11-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Guy is a tank...he could probably well in the pros now. He's an extremely impressive prospect...

SeanTaylorRIP
11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
It might be cause his number but when he plays he reminds me of Deangelo Williams. He's definitely more physical than Deangelo though, but doesn't nearly possess the breakaway and playmaking ability of Deangelo especially what he did at Memphis breaking off 70 yard runs all day.

JRTPlaya21
11-29-2009, 03:40 PM
It has gotta be the hair too STRIP.

FUNBUNCHER
11-29-2009, 06:03 PM
This sums it up well, especially the last part.

Most?? What's that, 70% of college football teams have better RBs than Evans??
Maybe you think so, but I don't.

ThePudge
11-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Williams, Evans, Wilson > Cooper, James, Berry. I think most non-Miami fans would agree with that statement.

ImBrotherCain
11-29-2009, 06:38 PM

Williams, Evans, Wilson > Cooper, James, Berry. I think most non-Miami fans would agree with that statement.

Haha i was just gonna say... Coming from a Miami fan :p

etk
11-29-2009, 10:50 PM

Evans is horrible. We've been through this a million times on this board. His only positive attribute is his power. He won't get many carries next year.

He was talking about next season. We have:

Damien Berry - SR
Graig Cooper - SR
Mike James - SO
Lee Chambers - JR
Lamar Miller - FR

plus Storm Johnson and Eduardo Clements could see action. Watch their film, especially Johnson's.

It doesn't get much more loaded than that - only USC comes to mind right away. Our RB depth is ridiculous.

JRTPlaya21
11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Ridiculous depth indeed. And Miami didn't even want Gore for next season. Now let's see who can produce out of all of them.

etk
11-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Ridiculous depth indeed. And Miami didn't even want Gore for next season. Now let's see who can produce out of all of them.

Chambers and James haven't been super-effective so far this year, but both are good athletes and runners.

Miller is the best athlete of them all and has the most upside.

Storm Johnson is like a power back version of Noel Devine. Eduardo Clements is a great receiver.

This is why I've repped the sig for 2 years.

FUNBUNCHER
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Etk, Most teams have RBs better than Evans??
Now Evans is horrible?

You just keep digging that hole deeper! LOL

Never fails, start a thread about Va Tech skill players and Canes fans will come trolling.

CLong4Heisman
11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Ryan Williams= Deangelo Williams

D-Unit
11-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Ryan Williams = Ryan Williams. Nobody else like him.

etk
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Etk, Most teams have RBs better than Evans??
Now Evans is horrible?

You just keep digging that hole deeper! LOL

Never fails, start a thread about Va Tech skill players and Canes fans will come trolling.

Not true at all. Evans could play for any team in the world and he'd still have extremely limited talent. We shut him down (and won) when we played them 2 years ago. Evans did his damage against weak teams (like Maryland) and averaged about 3 YPC the rest of the way. He's complete and utter garbage....I can word that a million different ways for you if you'd like.

Contrast that to an incredible talent like Williams - who gashed us time and time again - where I'm 2nd only to VT fans in supporting his ability.

Same thing goes for VT's WRs from a couple years ago. I was a big fan of Eddie Royal but wasn't high on Justin Harper. Blaming it on my fanhood or bias is just a lazy and ridiculous argument.

Since you think Evans is so good....care to explain what makes him such a special back? Have you seen him plod through the whole like a cow, or are you basing your opinion off stats and accolades?

BamaFalcon59
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Also forgot to mention he is a complete back. Didn't play as a true freshman due to his inconsistencies in pass protection, but now he excels in it.

Also has great ability in the passing game.

BamaFalcon59
11-30-2009, 07:16 PM
The Miami (Fl.) fans have an unnatural hate towards Evans. Don't worry.

He's not near as good as Williams, or as good as VT fans seem to think. But he has very good vision, good power, decent straight line speed, and is a great pass protector. His role is probably more secured, though, by how much fans, teammates, and coaches love him.

Hurricanes25
11-30-2009, 07:19 PM
I actually like Evans a lot but the guy to pay attention to is Ryan Williams. I usually don't like Tech players but he is phenomianal. He is one of my favorite players that is not a Cane or a Scarlet Knight.

Philliez01
11-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Ryan Williams = Ryan Williams. Nobody else like him.

Eh, I mean that's a decent comparision. Williams has much more power though than Williams. I kinda think that if you put Williams in VA Tech's system, he'd be just as good as Williams. But then again, he does have great character unlike Williams. Tebow.

ImBrotherCain
11-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Eh, I mean that's a decent comparision. Williams has much more power though than Williams. I kinda think that if you put Williams in VA Tech's system, he'd be just as good as Williams. But then again, he does have great character unlike Williams. Tebow.

Thanks Madden... we're all a bit dumber for that :p

FUNBUNCHER
11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Since you think Evans is so good....care to explain what makes him such a special back? Have you seen him plod through the whole like a cow, or are you basing your opinion off stats and accolades?

You the one who called him garbage and said most teams have RBs better than him.

Hmm, ACC frosh rushing record, MVP of the Orange Bowl, 114 yards against BC in the ACC championship.

IMO you sound like a random hater, etk, to call Evans 'utter garbage' and 'horrible'.

Overrated if you like, but you went way beyond that, like you have something personal against him.

All I said was that Va Tech had three backs capable of starting in 2010, next thing I know you're posting in a thread about Ryan WIlliams about how great Miami's depth is at RB!!

Insecure much???

He must have turned down a scholarship to the U to play for Beamer.:rolleyes:

Philliez01
11-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks Madden... we're all a bit dumber for that :p

ahaha I know it was quite worthless, I just think it's kinda overzealous how far we go in comparing others. Not a knock on anyone, since we all follow the draft extensively; just a little metaphor....analogy....something similar to that.

Race for the Heisman
12-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't think Evans is awful, but I did come away with the fact that he wasn't really explosive and didn't really have more than one gear. So while he's got numerous other good attributes, he will always be limited in that regard.