PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Inside Linebackers

rumfinator
03-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry if this has be discussed, but what will the chargers do with their inside linebackers. Edwards is gone, Godfrey is out. I assume Cooper will start, but who will be next to him? thoughts?

JK17
03-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Matt Wilhelm, he was going to start this year if Donnie had contract issues.

bergo23
03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Dobbins will backup Cooper, Wilhelm needs a backup, and my guess is they take one at the end of the 3rd, maybe a guy with good speed who can cover, they will not find a guy with Edwards' pass D ability........Dobbins could even find his way into being a starter, I know AJ loves him!

sdpads24
03-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Are you sure Godfrey is out? I though there was still a posibility he could be back

BoltHype
03-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Wilhelm is the front runner, but he will have to earn the job. If we draft a Paul Posluszny, for example, it could be a tight race.

bergo23
03-20-2007, 07:14 AM
I am hoping for DeOssie with one of our 3rd round picks......he looks like a player, and has good size for an ILB with decent speed for the position. I really think Dobbins might play his way into PT, maybe over Wilhelm...cuz I think Cooper is the next star in waiting, ala "the other guy" Shaun Phillips.

BoltHype
03-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I am hoping for DeOssie with one of our 3rd round picks......he looks like a player, and has good size for an ILB with decent speed for the position. I really think Dobbins might play his way into PT, maybe over Wilhelm...cuz I think Cooper is the next star in waiting, ala "the other guy" Shaun Phillips.

his size suggests he would play outside. I think he would be a great pickup for the team, especially considering our need for depth at OLB and his long-snapping skills.

reese
05-17-2007, 02:42 AM
i played in hs with dobbins...u think he will ever start for yall?

JK17
05-17-2007, 05:44 AM
i played in hs with dobbins...u think he will ever start for yall?

Apparently he is doing pretty well, and progressing nicely. I don't know if he'll ever start, Wilhelm and Cooper are pretty solid players, and Siler and Waters we just brought in, but he's a great special teams guy and backup/situational player.

San Diego Chicken
05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Apparently he is doing pretty well, and progressing nicely. I don't know if he'll ever start, Wilhelm and Cooper are pretty solid players, and Siler and Waters we just brought in, but he's a great special teams guy and backup/situational player.

He's easily the best athlete of our ILB's. I hope he gets a chance.

reese
05-19-2007, 04:09 AM
He's easily the best athlete of our ILB's. I hope he gets a chance.

yea he was crazy good is hs...same exact size he is now is what he was when i was a freshman and he was a junior and i was a db on scout team as a freshman and sophmore..had to go against his big ass everyday...he was a fullback back then too