PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Robinson?

TheFinisher
11-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Is it just me or has this guy been getting burned week in and week out? Riley Cooper flat out ran by him yesterday and to me it seems like this is becoming a common theme with Robinson.

How far has he fallen this season, because pre-season he looked like the sure #2 corner in the draft??

jimbo
11-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I like Haden, Lindley, Kareem Jackson and Donovan Warren all more than him.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
He's being picked on because he has NO help. The safeties are garbage, don't help at all, the pass rush is horrible. Robinson is a great cover guy but if the QB has 5+ seconds to throw, you're covering a guy that has 3-4 inches on you expecting safety help but not getting it, then you will look bad.

princefielder28
11-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I just made a top 50 seniors list and i had Robinson come in at #50. I'm not into his hype. While I'll admit he does have good cover skills, he doesn't have ball skills worth a damn. I have Kyle Wilson, Brandon Ghee, Perrish Cox, and Alterraun Verner all ahead of him as corners. I also have Myron Lewis ahead of him but I think his best fit is at safety.

dex
11-29-2009, 10:40 AM
It wasn't just Cooper. Robinson couldn't even cover Hernandez to save his life. Hernandez is a TE!

Just a flat out awesome game, i loved it. Time to beat up Bama next week.

Babylon
11-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Is it just me or has this guy been getting burned week in and week out? Riley Cooper flat out ran by him yesterday and to me it seems like this is becoming a common theme with Robinson.

How far has he fallen this season, because pre-season he looked like the sure #2 corner in the draft??

I'm not sure what it means when Riley Cooper runs by you because he's run by just about every corner in the SEC.

ThePudge
11-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Robinson's coverage as a whole was pretty good, dare I say Tim Tebow fit the ball into some very tight spots yesterday. He got matched up in single coverage with some athletic players with some big-time size advantage over him. He doesn't have the best ball skills, as has been said. Still, he's an experienced cover corner, a decent tackler, and an elite athlete. He's going to test very well, and I could see him blanketing him competition at the Senior Bowl. Still an early 2nd Round pick to me at this point.

11-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Strictly cover corners have a tendency to drop during the evaluation process (see Lindley, Trevard). It seems like every time I watch Robinson he's exposed by receivers of every size. I wasn't overly impressed by his make-up speed and the angles taken on a few passes in yesterday's game, although I acknowledge that Tebow put up one of his better statistical passing games this season, while fitting in tight passes everywhere. Still, this a guy I'll continue to monitor because he himself could be in for his own fall down boards, maybe out of the first two rounds altogether.

Cicero
11-29-2009, 02:48 PM
He hasn't impressed me at all this season. You can complain about the rest of the secondary all you want but this guy was the #1 CB on a lot of people's boards on here and he has not looked anything like the best corner in the draft. If you're the top draft eligible CB you should be able to lock down a college receiver 1 on 1 point blank.

Rosebud
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought Robinson was the only guy on that D to show a pulse, sure he got beat and there was another ball that Cooper dropped on Robinson, but that hole D was pathetic and Robinson looked like the only guy who still gave a damn.