PDA

View Full Version : Available QB's change draft outcome

RWills
11-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Before looking at twho is available in the draft there might be a few QB's available by either low value trade, cut or FA...ones that come to mind are

Kyle Orton
Jason Campbell
Trent Edwards
Jamarcus Russell
Marc Bulger
Matt Leinart
Brady Quinn
Michael Vick
Jake Delhomme

if there is anyone else, name them

and the teams looking for QB

Washington
Buffalo
St Louis
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Oakland
Carolina
Arizona-If Leinart leaves
Dallas?

Some of these teams will give those QB's named above a chance to start instead of spending big money to draft on some questionable QB's.

FA will change the draft's first round.

Anyone with any ideas? I could see Leinart or Brady in Washington I can see Jason Campbell possibly in Oakland, Mike Vick will bring revenue to the Bills

Day One Pick
11-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Vick has the best 40 time of these QB's so put him in Oakland.

MetSox17
11-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Before looking at twho is available in the draft there might be a few QB's available by either low value trade, cut or FA...ones that come to mind are

Kyle Orton
Jason Campbell
Trent Edwards
Jamarcus Russell
Marc Bulger
Matt Leinart
Brady Quinn
Michael Vick
Jake Delhomme

Of these, i think Orton, Leinart and Quinn aren't moving from their current teams. Who the hell is gonna want Delhomme as anything more than a backup? Same for Campbell and Bulger. Trent Edwards and J-Roc are broken beyond repair, and Michael Vick hasn't played a season at QB in years. Not a single one of those guys is gonna affect anything that goes on draft day.

11-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Vick has the best 40 time of these QB's so put him in Oakland.

I'm not sure any teams outside of Buffalo view Vick as a starting caliber QB. Jason Campbell has as good a shot as anyone on that list to land in Oakland. As a fan, strangely enough I do believe in Gradkowski and feel he could win games in the right situation, which I feel we could provide him with an improved defense. However, given a shot at Campbell there's no way I'd turn that down. I always felt he got a raw deal in Washington for the talent he was and the WCO really ****** things up moreso.

FuzzyGopher
11-30-2009, 08:31 AM
This is the last year of Tarvaris Jackson's contract. Whether Minnesota re-signs hims is a toss up at this point.

Brothgar
11-30-2009, 08:42 AM
This is the last year of Tarvaris Jackson's contract. Whether Minnesota re-signs hims is a toss up at this point.

Who is going to want T-Jax?

DiG
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
whats the deal with leinart? are the cards likely to release him due to escalators in his contract? ive heard they could owe him like $15 mill next year if they keep him and dont rework a deal.

GaMeTiMe
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Kyle Orton - re-sign in Denver 1 or 2-yr deal
Jason Campbell - Cleveland - 2/3 years, compete with Quinn in one last effort from both guys while Cleveland addresses other needs
Trent Edwards - Buffalo - remains on current contract
Jamarcus Russell - Oakland - remains on current contract
Marc Bulger - Oakland - 1/2 year deal, similar situation to Cleveland but with Bulger as more of a caretaker than long-term possibility in relation to Campbell.
Matt Leinart - Arizona - remains on current deal
Brady Quinn - Cleveland - remains on current deal
Michael Vick - Buffalo - takes a similar contact to the one he took in Philly but for more money and could possibly capture a starting job
Jake Delhomme - Carolina - remains on current deal

and the teams looking for QB

Washington - Rookie (Bradford)
Buffalo - Edwards, Vick
St Louis - Rookie (Claussen)
Cleveland - Quinn, Campbell
Jacksonville - Garrard, Rookie (Tebow)
Minnesota - Favre, Rookie (Mallet, Pike)
Oakland - Russell, Bulger
Carolina - Delhomme, Rookie (Pike, Snead)
Arizona- Warner, Leinart
Dallas- Romo, mid-late round rookie
Denver - Orton, Rookie (McCoy)

That's how I see each team shaking out at QB next year, to an extent. Not sure how the QBs will fall in the draft between Washington and Buffalo and Vick/Bradford I think could both end up on either team. As of right now I don't see Locker coming out although that seems to put me in the minority. and while I really doubt it you never know if Al Davis goes after another top-5 QB this year. A lot of people are starting to mock it but I still find it highly unlikely, with someone like Bulger being a lot more realistic on a 1 or 2 year deal, just to make sure JaMarcus is officially fizzled (and almost finished getting paid) before replacing him with an extremely high pick.

RWills
11-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Other than QB's there might be some RB's available as well. Portis, McGahee, Reggie Bush, Lynch, Washington, T. Jones to name a few

hburn
12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Seahawks need a QB too. But they will try to get locker

KCJ58
12-01-2009, 07:05 PM
sadly Marc Bulger will be a St. Louis Ram next year, i don't see the possibility of releasing him, as it would cost us alot of money for our team

iBoldin
12-01-2009, 07:29 PM
whats the deal with leinart? are the cards likely to release him due to escalators in his contract? ive heard they could owe him like $15 mill next year if they keep him and dont rework a deal.

Leinart looked good in the Tennessee game, although Whisenhunt limited his capabilities in the first half. Still, he put the team in the position to win the football game, and would have if only Vince Young didn't post that miraculous 99-yard drive.

I think a restructured deal would work, Warner looks iffy some weeks and elite others, but if he can't continue to string together a consistent string of starts and by chance we lose the division, the reigns could be handed back over to Leinart.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Even if teams like Cleveland, Denver, or Washington do go ahead and plan on taking a quarterback in the first two rounds, they'll likely want to try and hold onto their current starters for at least one more year, if possible.

dabears10
12-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I may be the only one left, but I think if Jason Campbell was in a place like buffalo he would be a good QB because I do not think that the Redskins use him correctly.

jimbo
12-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Jason Campbell is a good QB he just has the misfortune of having played for like 82394 OC's in his career and has an awful line.

BufFan71
12-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Buffalo will be drafting a QB early

trent edwards is done in buffalo

SwagU
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I may be the only one left, but I think if Jason Campbell was in a place like buffalo he would be a good QB because I do not think that the Redskins use him correctly.

I also think he is just not right for the system more then him being a bad player. If my Raiders don't draft a QB I would love for Campbell to be brought in and compete for the number 1 job.

jimbo
12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
It also doesn't help Campbell when it's clearly obvious his owner has no faith in him, or in his coach. Snyder tried multiple times in the off-season to acquire a QB and deal Campbell, whether it was through the draft or via trade.

GaMeTiMe
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll also voice my support for Campbell, even as an Eagle fan I think he'd be fine on a good team.

adamprez2003
12-01-2009, 09:56 PM
isnt david carr going to be moving. not sure what teams are thinking but i would have him at or near the top of my list. his time in new york has done wonders for him and if your team has a halfway decent offensive line you might get yourself a decent QB

Malaka
12-02-2009, 07:48 AM
isnt david carr going to be moving. not sure what teams are thinking but i would have him at or near the top of my list. his time in new york has done wonders for him and if your team has a halfway decent offensive line you might get yourself a decent QB

That's what Carolina though... and CAR does have a pretty good O-line, New York might have fixed up his mechanics and his confidence a bit, but I honestly would only take him strictly as a high quality back-up

AC IS ART
12-02-2009, 08:13 AM
I see Campbell going to Carolina or Minnesota(If Brett & T-Jack are gone). Good riddance.