PDA

View Full Version : Week 12 Power Rankings

diabsoule
12-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanksgiving week brought us together for several things: family, food, and football. The only good things to be thankful this past Thanksgiving Thursday was the food and family. As usual, the Thanksgiving day games were not much to watch as the Raiders, Lions, and Giants all failed to show up.
There was slight movement in the top 10 in this weeks Power Rankings as the Pittsburgh Steelers fall out of the top rankings for the first time. In the mean time, it was a familiar scene in the top three as the Saints, Colts, and Vikings remain in the top 3.

1. New Orleans Saints (11-0) – CB's Mike McKenzie and Chris McAlister looked like they hadn't missed any time in their performance against the Pats on MNF.

2. Indianapolis Colts (11-0) – Another week and another close call for the Colts. Things don't get much easier when Tennessee comes to town.

3. Minnesota Vikings (10-1) – The last time Minnesota had a challenge was week 7 against Pittsburgh. This week Arizona pays a visit.

4. San Diego Chargers (8-3) – It took the Chargers a while to hit their stride but they have now cranked off six wins in a row.

5. Cincinnati Bengals (8-3) – Back to back games against Cleveland and Detroit should help break Larry Johnson into the offense.

6. Dallas Cowboys (8-3) – The next three games will prove what kind of team Dallas has. First test: against the Giants in Giants Stadium.

7. New England Patriots (7-4) – No one expected that kind of performance on Monday night.

8. Philadelphia Eagles (7-4) – McNabb and Co. have won two close games in a row and are nipping on the Cowboys heels for first place in the NFC East.

9. Arizona Cardinals (7-4) – Matt Leinart played well in a Rose Bowl Rematch but again VY was the hero of the day.

10. Green Bay Packers (7-4) – Packers have found ways to protect Aaron Rodgers and have won 3 in a row. Monday night against Baltimore will be a huge test.

11. Denver Broncos (7-4) – They halted a four loss skid with an impressive win over the Giants.

12. Baltimore Ravens (6-5) – The Ravens need to keep winning in order to stay in the wild card hunt.

13. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5) – Dennis Dixon looked good but that was a costly loss as Pittsburgh will now be fighting for a playoff shot from here on.

14. Atlanta Falcons (6-5) – Late game heroics helped them survive against Tampa Bay but they will not a lot more than that if Matt Ryan can't go against Philly.

15. New York Giants (6-5) – The G-men came out flat against the Broncos but their two next games will determine if they will be playoff bound or stay at home in January.

16. Tennessee Titans (5-6) – Vince Young just wins games but next week in Indianapolis will be a huge test.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-5) – Everything seemed to go wrong for the Jaguars in their loss to the 49ers.

18. Houston Texans (5-6) – They had the Colts against the ropes but couldn't deliver the knockout blow.

19. Miami Dolphins (5-6) – Crucial AFC East showdown against the Patriots looms.

20. San Francisco 49ers (5-6) – Another step towards being undefeated in the NFC West occurs next week against hapless Seattle.

21. New York Jets (5-6) – The Jets are another team that is thankful for Jake Delhomme's decision making.

22. Buffalo Bills (4-7) – Maybe the problem was Dick Jauron as the Bills have been playing with pride and swagger since his departure.

23. Carolina Panthers (4-7) – Looks like Jake Delhomme might finally get benched... not for his poor play, however, but because of a broken finger.

24. Chicago Bears (4-7) – The interception race is the one race no one is talking about. Jay Cutler is in the lead with 20. Next up, Delhomme and Stafford with 18 and the Sanchise with 17.

25. Seattle Seahawks (4-7) – They stopped their road losing streak at five games but it's not a good sign when your QB throws fourteen times for 102 yards.

26. Washington Redskins (3-7) – Their defense is keeping them in games and they will be put to the test when New Orleans comes to town.

27. Kansas City Chiefs (3-7) – The Chiefs came crashing down to Earth this week.

28. Oakland Raiders (3-7) – Who decided to put the Raiders in a prime time Thursday night game?

29. Detroit Lions (2-9) – The last time the Lions won a Thanksgiving day game was in 2003.

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-10) – The defense DID look a lot better with Raheem Morris calling the plays.

31. St. Louis Rams (1-10) – One positive is that they did out gain Seattle in nearly every statistic.

32. Cleveland Browns (1-10) – San Diego gets to scrimmage against the Browns this week.

Splat
12-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Hard to argue with the Saints at #1 after last night.

vikes_28
12-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I think the Patriots should be a bit lower. The Pats got destroyed by the saints, and there were mediocre teams that have put up a good fight. And the Patriots are far from mediocre.

DiG
12-01-2009, 03:25 PM
washington at oakland on 12/13 is going to be epic.

CC.SD
12-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Green Bay v. Baltimore is going to be a terrific game.

Shaun Rogers going down is good news for a certain Ladainian Tomlinson.

I think the Titans joy ride comes to an end this week too sad to say. I remain hopeful though.

Jvig43
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Green Bay v. Baltimore is going to be a terrific game.

Shaun Rogers going down is good news for a certain Ladainian Tomlinson.

I think the Titans joy ride comes to an end this week too sad to say. I remain hopeful though.

Just wins games.....

Unbiased
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM
The Jaguars are 6-5.

tjsunstein
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Glad to see Green Bay in the top 10, again. We're really firing on all cylinders lately. I think if we can contain Ray Rice, we have a serious shot at beating Baltimore.

Don't look now but Green Bay has the #1 Total Defense. Sixth against the pass and fourth against the run.

scottyboy
12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Glad to see Green Bay in the top 10, again. We're really firing on all cylinders lately. I think []bif we can contain Ray Rice[/b], we have a serious shot at beating Baltimore.

Don't look now but Green Bay has the #1 Total Defense. Sixth against the pass and fourth against the run.

we all know that's impossible

Flyboy
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Actually, I wasn't too impressed with Chris McAlister's play last night. Mike McKenzie on the other hand was terrific.

yourfavestoner
12-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Give me my Off Topic privileges back!

Splat
12-01-2009, 04:55 PM

I know its along shot but the Titans winning out and making the playoffs would be a great story.

diabsoule
12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Give me my Off Topic privileges back!

You just assumed I took them away, didn't you?... Well, I didn't. J-Boogie did. You can have them back when you can act like a big boy and post according to the rules of this site. And suppress the urge the next time you feel the need to loud cap a mod in a thread. Instead, send them an PM.

wogitalia
12-02-2009, 12:47 AM
10. Green Bay Packers (7-4) – Packers have found ways to protect Aaron Rodgers and have won 3 in a row. Monday night against Baltimore will be a huge test.

They are finally starting to look like the team that I thought they were, looks a real long shot to win the division from here, but playoffs are certainly a good chance. OL has been a hell of a lot better of late, didn't expect it to have so many troubles. Defense is also starting to really click thanks to Mr Woodson.

NFC North has two guys who are genuine DPoY candidates in Woodson and Allen.

yourfavestoner
12-03-2009, 06:27 PM
You just assumed I took them away, didn't you?... Well, I didn't. J-Boogie did. You can have them back when you can act like a big boy and post according to the rules of this site. And suppress the urge the next time you feel the need to loud cap a mod in a thread. Instead, send them an PM.

http://www.vincentchow.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/serious-cat-joker1.jpg