PDA

View Full Version : Where does Bush land in 2010? A Humble 2010 Prediction

CC.SD
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I believe Reggie Bush will be a Charger in 2010. Here is why:

1. 8 million cap hit before the season will probably lead to a cut from the Saints. Here is a link in which Loomis is said to not be interested in keeping him around with players like Colston to pay:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/130230-saints-to-dump-bush-in-2010?eref=sihp

2. There will be a huge opening for him in SD. LT may be asked to restructure once again or in fact depart altogether. Let's not talk about that too much right now. Sproles is on the Franchise Tag right now and will probably not be retained with guys like McNeill, Merriman, Floyd, and Jackson set to become FAs as well. AJ Smith has also talked about giving Gates a new deal.

The opportunity to excel in a Philip Rivers' aerial offense for Bush is obvious as well. With a surprising number of needs in the draft a young FA running back with a bit of splash is a perfect fit. Reggie needs a fresh start and if you look at the huge amount of success Norv's system has had with Sproles I think Bush's skillset matches up very well. Maybe not as a feature back but definitely as an impact player.

3. http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/11/29/sports/bush.184.2.jpg

Reggie is a loyal and loving son of Diego and a former Helix High star. Before the draft he was actually quoted saying he would love a chance to play for the Chargers someday. He and LT have also worked out together for years.

4.http://www.gossipcheck.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kim-kardashian2.jpg

This ridiculous set of curves is Reggie's long term girlfriend and perpetually bound to LA due to her show/stardom. They have broken up in the past...due to being too far apart. But they couldn't stay apart. SD is the closest NFL team to LA by far.

I think I am Nostradamus with this one looking at the upcoming hole in the SD RB corps and Bush's imminent availability, but am admittedly biased towards Trojans and Bolts. what do you think? Is there another destination out there? How much $ is Reggie going to need to sign somewhere?

Shahin
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I could see that happening.

phlysac
12-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Would be interesting to see him reunited with his Highschool quarterback Alex Smith in San Francisco. If the 49ers continue to grow their utilization of the shotgun offense, Bush would fit in nicely as the teams change-of-pace/swing back, along with Gore. He also fulfills a HUGE need in the return game.

vidae
12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I could see it happening for sure but as a Chiefs fan I really hope Reggie Bush stays the hell out of the AFC West! Why must you torment me like this CC :O

Mr.Regular
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
San Diego makes a ton of sense... I'd love him on the Packers. He'd be a perfect compliment to Grant... we need someone to open up the screen game and add a better passing option out of the backfield..but I really doubt he'd want to come to Green Bay.

It'd be awesome to see him go to Houston though!

Brent
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Why would he do that when he can come to SF and play with his old HS quarterback, and be our speed back?

Maybe I'm still just a fan...

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't think he's leaving to be honest. I think the Saints value him more than other teams will.

I don't have a link saying how much more they love him, but the way they protect him when we have big leads is a stark contrast to how they treat the other runningbacks.

No one else is going to give him 8 million, i think the Saints will offer him more than the market, and I don't think both of Thomas/Bell are going to return.

I think Colston has like 3 years left on an 18 million dollar deal anyway, I don't think he's going to be making a big stink any time soon.

soybean
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I can honestly see him as a new england patriot.

12-02-2009, 02:42 PM
SD almost makes too much sense. LT, I believe, was one of Bush's mentors coming out of HS. I don't know how much they remained in contact during his college years, though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YBHvrishzbQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YBHvrishzbQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Remember, Marshall Faulk never truly realized his potential until he left a bad situation in Indy. I'm not saying Bush is in a 'bad' situation, but it's obvious he needs a fresh start on things. Neither am I saying that he'll ever be anything close to Faulk in his prime, and will probably be more reminiscent of Faulk much later in his career when he had the same ongoing knee issues Bush has dealt with since his second year in the league.

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
I also think it's interesting that he's at 5 yards per carry and a touchdown on about every 10 carries, and he isn't even a year removed from microfracture surgery.

That's a phenomenally fast recovery, compared to what we have seen from athletes in the past.

LonghornsLegend
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Seeing Kim Kardashian made me not even want to discuss football anymore, lost my entire train of thought, son of a ***** she's so fine.

As far as Bush, I don't know why anyone would be excited to throw alot of money at him, his knees haven't been right in years now(I think both are going bad), eventually it's going to lead to him being slower and slower and makes him less effective at returning punts also.

He's a nice gadget player, but will he get paid like one? I'd MUCH rather have Sproles honestly, even if he cost more, Bush just doesn't excite me with all the question marks of his knee injuries and how he can't seem to ever hit the hole up the middle still.

Pats make alot of sense because they pass so damn much he fits right in, but I can see him wanting to go to the LA area definately for most of the reasons you listed.

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Bush's lingering injuries worry me more than anything, I think he'll be a fine player, and the Marshall Faulk "breakout" is an apt comparison IMO, backs like these guys aren't meant to run behind finesse offensive lines, but even still, he's been running really well this year.

This swelling in the knees isn't a large worry, and I think this time next year is when we'll see how strong he's really going to be, because that will be the two year mark (almost) of his surgery.

i know he's going to blow up if he leaves the Saints, I think if he leaves, he'll go to a team that wants to utilize him heavily. Everyone blows up when they leave the Saints.

terribletowel39
12-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Post more pictures of the girlfriend!!!!

I also don't think he will go anywhere.

NOLAFan
12-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Bush's lingering injuries worry me more than anything, I think he'll be a fine player, and the Marshall Faulk "breakout" is an apt comparison IMO, backs like these guys aren't meant to run behind finesse offensive lines, but even still, he's been running really well this year.

This swelling in the knees isn't a large worry, and I think this time next year is when we'll see how strong he's really going to be, because that will be the two year mark (almost) of his surgery.

i know he's going to blow up if he leaves the Saints, I think if he leaves, he'll go to a team that wants to utilize him heavily. Everyone blows up when they leave the Saints.

Not everyone breaks out when they leave the Saints. Stalworth and LeCharles Bentley didn't and they were considered good players during their tenure with the Saints.

My problem with Reggie is i see him improve in one facet of his game but then take a step back in another area. He can't seem to not go side to side. He is a great receiver out of the back and can somewhat run the ball but with Thomas and Bell playing great he really hasn't had a chance to get the ball alot.

His knees consider me too. They hold him out for swelling all the time and from what we know thats all. I know he had microfacture surgery and that it takes up to 2 years to fully recover from. Idk i just think unless he is in pain he should play on swollen needs. When they say he has swollen knees only thing i can think is he is dinged up nothing big.

But even in all that mess i don't think the Saints cut him. I think he stays. We all know he is never gonna be a 1000 yard back but he does bring a dimension to our offense and can be a great receiver for us if he is willing

Splat
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
If he takes a pay cut I could see him staying but I don't think he is worth that price tag.

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't **** around with swollen knees like that though, especially right now, with how well we are playing, we don't have to risk a players long term or short term health at all.

He's definitely not worth the price tag, he hasn't proven he can stay healthy at all yet.

I honestly do think he could be a 1000 yard back if he stayed healthy, but that's a big big if at this point.

I'd hate to let such a player go though, even the way we use him, he totally warps a defense in our favor when he's out there, and he's a mismatch nightmare.

tjsunstein
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
San Diego makes a ton of sense... I'd love him on the Packers. He'd be a perfect compliment to Grant... we need someone to open up the screen game and add a better passing option out of the backfield..but I really doubt he'd want to come to Green Bay.

Green Bay was voted 3rd least desired place to play by players.

yo123
12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I'd love him in Minnesota as a replacement for Chester Taylor, but I really doubt he would take such a limited role.

vikes_28
12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
San Francisco says welcome Reggie.

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Just a quick factoid about Reggie's running this year, for those that haven't gotten to see him much.

The heavy package has really helped him a lot this year, we aren't getting big runs at all (outside of Bush's big 55 yard run, the longest run by a RB is 35 yards) but we are consistently moving the ball.

Taking out Bush's long run, the 55 yarder, his yards per carry is 4.2 yards per carry, with a long of 19 yards. That seems bad, but for no runs over 20 yards to pad that stat up, he's doing most of his damage just moving the chains.

I think a misconception is that Reggie only plays well on speed plays(tosses, sweeps, etc) but those really have had 0 success in our offense, with any back, we just don't run those well, all of his damage has been between the tackles.

I think he still has a ton of potential that is going unused on those speed plays that create opportunities outside better on tosses and sweeps.

As good as he is as a dump off receiver, we haven't utilized him as a downfield guy at all really, and he has big time potential there.

In hindsight, it's very possible the Saints are not using him as much this year both to not damage the knee, and to keep him "under wraps" and resign him easier.

He had 8 touches for 98 yards and two TDs against the Rams, and they pulled him from the game, that's about status quo.

I'd hate to see any of our backs go to be honest, I really like them all.

DiG
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
im hoping washington. saves us from having to find a compliment to portis in the draft and gives us the extra dimension of a playmaker on offense that we lack. hed be a huge upgrade in our return game and would be great out of the backfield as a receiver. id love to pick him up and even cut randel el altogether. play reggie at rb and wr. hed have the chance in dc to play a huge role in our offense.

RaiderNation
12-02-2009, 03:54 PM
For some reason, I see him ending up in Arizona. On the west coast, Is this Warners last year? If so Leinart could be starting. Bush and Wells combo seems pretty good.

D-Unit
12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I see Reggie Bush ending up in New York. Either team.

Sniper
12-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Please bring him to Philly. Please bring him to Philly. Please bring him to Philly.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Bush to SD make some sense, but you mentioned all the those players who are going to need new contracts on the Chargers. Bush as the lead runner is still basically an unknown and will cost more than drafting a runner likely would. It would probably make more sense for the Chargers to keep their players and draft a halfback rather than pay Bush's price tag.

Not to say that he might not be willing to drop his price for the hometown team or something akin to that, but it would take some tricky budgeting from the Chargers.

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I'll anonymously quote someone in the know that I asked:

I think they're sending a message to Reggie and his agent that if they want to stay in NO, they need to accept a pay cut. They're also sending a message to Colston and Nicks and some others that they're going to get paid, even if it means parting with Reggie. Shrewd move by Loomis IMO.

I think it's pretty likely they will shop him to see what they can get. That doesn't mean they're looking to move him though.

Can't fault any of that thinking, I think almost any player is worth seeing what you can get for him.

PoopSandwich
12-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Browns are gonna get Reggie Bush Mike Vick and TO as well as Brett Favre as head coach and be on sports center 24/7

Paranoidmoonduck
12-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Browns are gonna get Reggie Bush Mike Vick and TO as well as Brett Favre as head coach and be on sports center 24/7

Only if you guys wind up signing LeBron James too.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM
I think Reggie needs to restructure and stay on the Saints. He's worth more to them IMO than to any other team.

Splat
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM
That would leave no time to talk about Tiger Woods that won't work.

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
I think Reggie needs to restructure and stay on the Saints. He's worth more to them IMO than to any other team.

That's my feeling as well. If he performs in the postseason we could see a jump in interest.

Sniper
12-02-2009, 04:43 PM

He'd kill it in Philly.

datchapin
12-02-2009, 04:47 PM

Just curious, why would it be awesome to see him in Houston?

senormysterioso
12-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Whoever he plays for needs to switch the 2 on his jersey to an 8 and make him a slot receiver. I think he's got better hands than Percy Harvin and maybe DeSean Jackson too.

Flyboy
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM

Bingo, bingo. And, what's all this talk with us needing to extend Colston? Um, we've already done that recently. It'll be interesting to see what happens, however. And, if I'm choosing between Reggie Bush and Jahri Evans.. I'm picking Jahri Evans.

EDIT: We need to lock up Pierre Thomas longterm too.

NOLAFan
12-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Whoever he plays for needs to switch the 2 on his jersey to an 8 and make him a slot receiver. I think he's got better hands than Percy Harvin and maybe DeSean Jackson too.

Oh he can catch the ball but the man can't hang on once in possession. This year he has done well in not coughing the ball up but in years past i would cringe everytime he got the ball.

BlindSite
12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Philly and SD would be the most attractive options imo from his standpoint, stability at QB, and an offense almost tailor made for his abilities.

Malaka
12-02-2009, 05:26 PM

Because everyone was bitching about how they took Mo Williams over him, although that worked out for the Texans benefit, it be kinda funny to see #1 and #2 of the draft on the same team.

PoopSandwich
12-02-2009, 05:43 PM
That would leave no time to talk about Tiger Woods that won't work.

tiger woods can screw all the ladies at the game while the new york yankees are sponsored at the stadium and lebron james is gonna be our tight end

Mr.Regular
12-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Because everyone was bitching about how they took Mo Williams over him, although that worked out for the Texans benefit, it be kinda funny to see #1 and #2 of the draft on the same team.
Yeah, exactly. Thats where we all thought he'd go in the first place.

Splat
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
i'm entertained by the "come to X team!!!" sentiment. weren't we (i mean we in general, not we as in everyone), just weeks ago, talking about what a bust he was?

Yes but this is life as a NFL fan everyone sucks and is overrated till they become available.

TitanHope
12-02-2009, 06:11 PM

Well, when VY leaves in 2010, Houston will sign both of them, and ESPN will spontaneously combust! Pretty awesome, no?

Yes but this is life as a NFL fan everyone sucks and is overrated till they become available.

I laugh HARD at this. It's funny because it's true!

D-Unit
12-02-2009, 06:40 PM
New York Jets

- Scheme is perfect. Reggie would replace Leon Washington who is a risk to resign big money to.

- Jets can afford him for less. Why? He can get a lot of money through endorsements that make NFL contracts look secondary. See: Sexy Sanchez.

- Fashion capital of the world. Kim could make her home and career there and they'd be away from parents.

- Reggie has always been a fame seeker. Isn't a bigger stage than NYC.

TitanHope
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
wait, are you assuming they'll also sign favre? or that favre will actually have retired?

you must also be predicting a seasonal low in boston sports.

Well, ESPN now has ESPN Boston, so maybe that'll suck up the Pats/Sox/Celtics energy that Mother ESPN feeds on.

Farve...you just leave him to me...:cool:

niel89
12-02-2009, 08:30 PM
All I know is that some team will over pay for him. He is gonna get starting Rb money for not being a real starting Rb.

bored of education
12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Hopefully he does not end up in KC!

diabsoule
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
New York Jets

- Scheme is perfect. Reggie would replace Leon Washington who is a risk to resign big money to.

- Jets can afford him for less. Why? He can get a lot of money through endorsements that make NFL contracts look secondary. See: Sexy Sanchez.

- Fashion capital of the world. Kim could make her home and career there and they'd be away from parents.

- Reggie has always been a fame seeker. Isn't a bigger stage than NYC.

How is Leon Washington any riskier to sign to big money than Reggie Bush? Both have proven to be injury prone.

12-02-2009, 08:52 PM
i'm entertained by the "come to X team!!!" sentiment. weren't we (i mean we in general, not we as in everyone), just weeks ago, talking about what a bust he was?

I don't think he's a bust anymore, but he's not what you'd expect as a 2nd overall pick either. He is what he is, which is a versatile weapon who is surrounded by other weapons on the Saints. As a focal point in an offense, I don't think he'd be much but at the same time, if you don't at least pay some attention to him he can break a huge play. And it's tough to devote that attention to him if you have to take it away from Colston, Moore, Henderson, Shockey, Meachem, and if he's not the only RB in the game you need to worry about Bell and Thomas, too. That team is so loaded with talent it's unbelievable. And I don't mean to make it sound like he's just benefitting from these guys around him. I think he benefits from them, and they benefit from him, too because of his big play ability. He's not an every down back, though. But the Saints wouldn't be quite as scary without him, and he wouldn't be quite so scary without the Saints.

LonghornsLegend
12-02-2009, 08:53 PM

Him and Kim have been long over with, he moved on for some other super model chic.

http://gossiponthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/carmen-kimandreggie.jpg

Chic on the left. Still this thread needs more Kim I say!

http://www.newstoob.com/media/images/2007/08/kim-kardashian-blue-dress-candid-hdr.jpg

Back on the topic of football, I'd still take Leon as he should recover fine, and at least his injury shouldn't linger like Bush' has for the past few years.

TitanHope
12-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Him and Kim have been long over with, he moved on for some other super model chic.

I heard on the radio that they got back together and are now engaged?

12-02-2009, 09:12 PM
What is it with those sisters and fast engagements? Apparently getting engaged is equivalent to "Hey I was wondering if maybe you wanted to grab a coffee sometime after class?" in the Kardashian household.

Nalej
12-02-2009, 09:18 PM
He'd be a perfect replacement for K. Faulk

TACKLE
12-02-2009, 10:22 PM
He'd be a perfect replacement for K. Faulk

I was just thinking that. Bush would be dirty in New England's offense.

General Zod
12-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I cant help but seeing Dan Snyder giving him a huge amount of money to come to Washington.

I was going to say more, but then I saw this booty and I forgot....everything.

http://www.newstoob.com/media/images/2007/08/kim-kardashian-blue-dress-candid-hdr.jpg

YAYareaRB
12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
I would love him on the Niners. Wont be heavily relied on in run game but will provide mismatch problems in the slot position. Im pretty sure he could thrive at slot receiver motioning to and from the RB position.

Flyboy
12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't think he's a bust anymore, but he's not what you'd expect as a 2nd overall pick either. He is what he is, which is a versatile weapon who is surrounded by other weapons on the Saints. As a focal point in an offense, I don't think he'd be much but at the same time, if you don't at least pay some attention to him he can break a huge play. And it's tough to devote that attention to him if you have to take it away from Colston, Moore, Henderson, Shockey, Meachem, and if he's not the only RB in the game you need to worry about Bell and Thomas, too. That team is so loaded with talent it's unbelievable. And I don't mean to make it sound like he's just benefitting from these guys around him. I think he benefits from them, and they benefit from him, too because of his big play ability. He's not an every down back, though. But the Saints wouldn't be quite as scary without him, and he wouldn't be quite so scary without the Saints.

sabf knows his ****. Makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

12-02-2009, 11:56 PM
If it becomes Reggie's choice I think the NYJ present as good an opportunity as any team. I believe D-Unit already said it, but I can see it.

Flyboy
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I still don't see why the hell NYJ would do it when they have a similar player in Leon Washington themselves.

Something else people aren't mentioning here... what the FO decides to do with Jammal Brown come the offseason. I think people forget that we're starting Jermon Bushrod at LT and have been since the start of the season...

12-03-2009, 12:04 AM
I still don't see why the hell NYJ would do it when they have a similar player in Leon Washington themselves.

A part of it has to do with Washington's current contract situation. Another part of it has to do with the team's prior interest in Reggie during the '06 draft when they seriously pursued a trade possibility for him. Also, Reggie and NY go together perfectly given his 'glamorous' lifestyle. Of course, this is all assuming it would be Reggie's choice.

regoob2
12-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Chicago has a need for a #2 RB. Heck he could be our #1 WR.

aNYtitan
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
I want the Titans to sign Leon Washington, give us an all world player on punt and kick off returns, shouldn't have let Chris Carr go

niel89
12-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Who here would want Bush on their team realistically? I'm talking about with a nice sized contract that he is probably gonna get.

CC.SD
12-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Who here would want Bush on their team realistically? I'm talking about with a nice sized contract that he is probably gonna get.

I do, mentioned in the OP that I think Norv Turner's offense would maximize him, especially in light of LT/Sproles questionable future status. I'd love to see him running routes up the seam with Rivers, mmm hmm.

Flyboy
12-03-2009, 03:43 AM
Eh. If we lose Bush, we'll just draft CJ Spiller in the draft. Simple!

12-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Eh. If we lose Bush, we'll just draft CJ Spiller in the draft. Simple!

Until he wrecks his knees.

Zycho32
12-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Heck yes, Bush would make an excellent weapon in Green Bay... but it's also true someone like Bush would never want to play in Green Bay.

The naysayers about the city essentially have it right; it's small, it's cold, it's pre-dominantly white, it has NOTHING that you can find in the truly large cities. Those same naysayers were undoubtedly proclaiming Free Agengy would doom the Packers into oblivion within the decade, but they simply forgot how much people like MONEY.

If Green Bay signs Bush, it's going to be for a contract considerably larger than what his actual contribution will theoretically be. That's the nature of the Football Stars.

A Perfect Score
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
If the saints were smart, they would be utilizing him like the Vikes are using Harvin. Or whereever he goes, thats how he should be used.

And am I the only one who thinks thats how the bears should be using Hester as well?

Sveen
12-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I actually think he will be back in New Orleans with a restructured contract.

Shiver
12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I would take him in for my team. He needs to settle for a Kevin Faulk-like career though, he won't get much else. Speaking of Faulk, maybe New England could sign Bush and use him as a younger and more dynamic version?

Nalej
12-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I would take him in for my team. He needs to settle for a Kevin Faulk-like career though, he won't get much else. Speaking of Faulk, maybe New England could sign Bush and use him as a younger and more dynamic version?

I like I like I love

CC.SD
12-04-2009, 05:06 PM

A more dynamic Kevin Faulk is a game breaker due to the number of ways he can be used in an offense. That's not settling, I waaaant.

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 02:55 AM
One-Two punch with him and Steven Jackson? A little thunder..., a little lightening?

Pat Sims 90
12-05-2009, 03:09 AM
Tennessee Bush, Johnson, and Young Run the Option every play

BaLLiN
12-05-2009, 12:07 PM
despite all the pulls to the west coast, i thought that NYJ would've killed to get him during the draft, and he'd be a pretty good fit for that offense.

Scotty D
12-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Tennessee Bush, Johnson, and Young Run the Option every play

Reunite Bush and Lenwhale?

yourfavestoner
12-05-2009, 01:39 PM
All I know is that some team will over pay for him. He is gonna get starting Rb money for not being a real starting Rb.

Winner. Winner. Chicken. Dinner.

LonghornsLegend
12-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Reunite Bush and Lenwhale?

Lenwhale is more then likely all but gone. As much as they use him Ringer is just fine for that role, and I think his contract is up anyway. Some team will be able to use him more then Tennessee does, though I always thought it be pretty cool if they got into the same backfield at this level since they still do have a good skillset that compliments eachother well.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
It won't happen because (from what it seems), Bush is a warm-weather big-city kinda guy...But I think he would fit in perfectly with Green Bay.

Grant is a down hill runner, and the one thing they are lacking is a homerun speed threat in the backfield.

ChiFan24
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
If the saints were smart

Yes, if only. :rolleyes:

I'm throwing Seattle out there. He can do what they wanted Julius Jones to do, much better than Jones ever could.

Bills2083
12-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Buffalo ;)

It could be the T.O. experiment 2.0

Matthew Jones
12-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I agree that the Chargers would make some sense. I would love for Bush to come to New England - I don't know if Kevin Faulk is long for the league (doesn't seem like New England is using him as much this year, even without a lot of depth due to injuries.) One thing the Patriots have lacked pretty much forever was a home run threat at running back. I can't think of a time this decade when they had a running back who could break off 80-yard touchdown runs.

thebow305
12-06-2009, 12:58 AM
How do you guys think Bush would fit in down here in Miami and in the Wildcat, if for some reason Ronnie Brown doesn't re-sign with us after the season?

Supporting Caste
12-06-2009, 01:01 AM
I think the Saints cut him. New England signs him and uses him as they do Welker.

M.O.T.H.
12-06-2009, 01:03 AM
I think it would be an excellent fit in Miami. Your Rb situation is pretty crazy right now...with Ronnie being injured and a FA and Ricky wanting to retire after next year. Ronnie will probably be back back but if not, Bush would be a great option, imo.

I like the San Diego idea as well.

New England could def. be a good one, too.

SenorGato
12-06-2009, 01:23 AM
He'd be sick in the Jets offense.

Flyboy
12-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I actually think he will be back in New Orleans with a restructured contract.

As do I. In the end, I think it'll be much ado about nothing.

M.O.T.H.
12-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I could def. see him leaving, he doesnt have much of a work load in the New Orleans rush offense. There are much better situations to be in out there, I'd bet he leaves or is sent packing. I'm sure he's not happy with how thing have unfolded.

phlysac
12-06-2009, 01:15 PM
He'd be sick in the Jets offense.

Leon Washington sick.

soybean
12-06-2009, 02:44 PM
can you saints fans who say he'll be back tell me why he'd want to come back getting 1-6 carries a game?

Saints-Tigers
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Because he's not generally a 1-6 carry guy, it's more that they don't want to overload a knee that isn't 100%

Bucs_Rule
12-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I think other teams would use Bush a lot more than the Saints do. Even without the injury they didn't use him that much.

If the Saints continue to be an elite team they will have to spend a lot of money to resign key players. The money could just be spent much better on other players.

For the destination he would go some place on a team without a dominat back, like Tenn. or one that doesn't already have a great speedster back, like SD. Sproles is a Bush he can run, with LT becoming old I don't see SD letting him go, especially now that Merriman won't likely be resigned.

Nalej
12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I think the Saints cut him. New England signs him and uses him as they do Welker.

... and how they use Faulk. R. Bush would be so nasty in NE.
I'm not sure how much he'd want to play in cold weather though (USC)
and with all the injuries the Pats have gone through at RB- I'm not sure the Pats would want to invest in a back that always seems to miss time for one injury or another

12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
For the destination he would go some place on a team without a dominat back, like Tenn.

Wait.... what?

Bucs_Rule
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Wait.... what?

Tennesease plays Johnson for almost every snap, as they should. He's also a great third down back too, can't see Bush getting on the field much if they don't make him a receiver.

M.O.T.H.
12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
You just made things even more confusing.

12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Tennesease plays Johnson for almost every snap, as they should. He's also a great third down back too, can't see Bush getting on the field much if they don't make him a receiver.

Oh I see. You phrased it really confusingly. Sounded like you meant to say a team without a dominant back, such as Tennessee.

Bucs_Rule
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
You just made things even more confusing.

My bad, when I know what Im trying to say anyway I put it makes sense.

Johnson is the leagues best back, he will almost always be on the field. Won't leave Bush with many touches.

niel89
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Everyone here is clamoring for him to be on their team but the second a team signs him we will all say that they overpaid for guy that is a third down back.

jCut
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
SD & Bush? This would be fitting, considering I hate both of them.

CC.SD
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
SD & Bush? This would be fitting, considering I hate both of them.

Don't give in to hate. That way leads to the dark side.

LonghornsLegend
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't see how anyone can say he doesn't have a serious problem with his knees at this point, why would you want to overpay for that? At least Sproles doesn't have the injury history, Reggie has to miss 3-4 games every season around this time because he's knees start to swell up. The guy barely gets the ball as it is, I can only imagine if he was getting the rock more how he would hold up.

D-Unit
12-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Can you imagine what a circus it would be if he came to Dallas? I bet Tony would try to steal Kim away from him. That would make for good team chemistry.

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I think Reggie kicked the habit of fumbling after the '07 season so Kim is safe. Even if Romo did happen to steal her, he'd blow it in December anyway leading Kim right back to Reggie. ;)

Splat
12-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I would not be shocked to see the Skins throw big money at him.

Bucs_Rule
12-08-2009, 11:47 PM
I would not be shocked to see the Skins throw big money at him.

Yeah, I can definitly see Sydner doing that.

He's the type of player Al Davis would have to get, no matter what it costs. Except he's already overpaying Mcfadden to do the same thing Bush would.