PDA

View Full Version : Was it a bad year for people going back to school?

wicket
12-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Was just thinking about it.
Jermaine Gresham
Sam Bradford
Taylor Mays
Brandon Spikes
Charles Scott
LaGarrette Blount
Ciron Black
Greg Hardy
Sergio Kindle
all guys who were rumoured to come out early last year and concequently had their stock sink. Only guys I can think off on the other side of the equation are Gerald McCoy and CJ Spiller

WMD
12-03-2009, 03:58 AM
Was just thinking about it.
Jermaine Gresham
Sam Bradford
Taylor Mays
Brandon Spikes
Charles Scott
LaGarrette Blount
Ciron Black
Greg Hardy
Sergio Kindle
all guys who were rumoured to come out early last year and concequently had their stock sink. Only guys I can think off on the other side of the equation are Gerald McCoy and CJ Spiller
I'd like to think Suh made a good decision in coming back..

wicket
12-03-2009, 04:00 AM
I'd like to think Suh made a good decision in coming back..

didnt hear any talk about him coming out early. but if so, yeah

descendency
12-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Tim Tebow (could be a good decision because a 3rd national championship would solidify his image as a winner...) , Brandon Spikes (down now that he looks slow)

BuddyCHRIST
12-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Tebow was the back up QB on the first national championship team, I don't see how that makes it his NC. OT i know, but people always give him 2 NC's when its crap. The MVP of the NC game was UF's starting QB.

CashmoneyDrew
12-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Tebow was the back up QB on the first national championship team, I don't see how that makes it his NC. OT i know, but people always give him 2 NC's when its crap. The MVP of the NC game was UF's starting QB.

They wouldn't have won that championship without Tebow. Tennessee would've beat them that year if they didn't have him and they wouldn't have even made the championship in the first place.

Day One Pick
12-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Outside of a few on that list I think it's still a little early to say one's stock has dropped. There are still the All-Star weeks/games, the combine, and pro days. Some of those players have been injured and teams are generally ok with minor, yet legit injuries that may have hampered a player throughout the year. Teams just refer to junior tape. In these cases the player may have just been prevented from raising their stock as opposed to having it drop. Major injuries are still certainly a concern. Sam Bradford is a guy teams will invest a lot into investigating him in that area. I think a few guys case it's more of an issue of another players stock rising more so than theirs dropping. In an instant like that it may have been a mistake staying in school.

initial_flo
12-03-2009, 11:30 AM
IMO when you are firmly planted in the top 20 or so. You've just got to cash in. Even if you are living it up and are the big man on campus and all that. I don't think someone could risk the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for another year at college where the risk for injury is so high.

I suppose you could get that draft insurance that I've heard a little about, but I really don't know a whole lot about it.

As for Tebow, he had a lot of room to move up, build more stock and win again of course.

Sniper
12-03-2009, 11:33 AM

Right, but they still don't make the NC without him.

I'd like to think Brandon Graham made a bit of money by coming back.

Day One Pick
12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
IMO when you are firmly planted in the top 20 or so. You've just got to cash in. Even if you are living it up and are the big man on campus and all that. I don't think someone could risk the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for another year at college where the risk for injury is so high.

I suppose you could get that draft insurance that I've heard a little about, but I really don't know a whole lot about it.

As for Tebow, he had a lot of room to move up, build more stock and win again of course.

I'm with you 100%. I don't get how a kid could return to school when he's guaranteed tens of millions of dollars.

That draft insurance only pays out a fraction of the lost money and only in a case where there is a career ending injury. Sam Bradford has that insurance, but he won't get any type of payout.

BuddyCHRIST
12-03-2009, 04:49 PM
They wouldn't have won that championship without Tebow. Tennessee would've beat them that year if they didn't have him and they wouldn't have even made the championship in the first place.

That's the same thing as making the backup running back the leader of a team because they converted a couple 4th and 1's. Plus its not that hard to convert 4th and shot when you spread the defense out 5 wide, Tebow never even gets hit before he gets the 1st down.