PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow to Buffalo? Jim Kelly thinks so

RochesterRox19
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2009-11-26-jim-kelly-ralph-wilson_N.htm

"Whether it's Tim Tebow, whether they'll have a shot at him when draft time comes ... you have to look at the top three quarterbacks in the draft, really study them. And you look for a guy with good character, good leadership ability and good arm strength — and a guy who doesn't come from California."

The thing that intrigues me most about this is he really hit the head on all those things.

The Bills have gone after guys with all the tangibles in the world since Kelly. But they were all lacking the intangibles (i.e. Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards). So why not roll the dice on a guy who might not have the mechanics down to a T, but is a straight up baller?

I also find it interesting that Buffalo has been chasing after Shanahan, whose known for coaching young QB's very well and making things easy on them. Whatever team drafts Tebow will need such a coach.

Also, Buffalo is a team that is known for "shaking things up" on draft day. They're also not above reaching for a guy that they want regardless of where they should go. Examples of both: Donte Whitner at 8 and John McCargo in the 1st in 2007 and taking Willis McGahee in 2003 when they weren't on anyone's radar to take him.

Perhaps most importantly, Buffalo is a small market team that needs all the help as far as revenue and excitement (see T.O.). Especially after this dreadful season. Fan enthusiasm for this team was at an all time low before firing Jauron.

I would not at all be surprised to see Buffalo "reach" for him in the 1st. I think it could actually be a good fit.

On a (somewhat) unrelated note, it perplexes me to no end that half of the people on this board mock the Bills taking an offensive lineman with their top pick.

Yes, the Bills line has been atrocious. But that is the result of a ridiculous amount of injuries and inexperience. Buffalo drafted Eric Wood in the 1st last year and Andy Levitre in the 2nd. Not to mention, starting Demetrius Bell at LT (who hasn't been terrible, but has been injury plagued this year).

They have far and away the youngest line in the NFL. Adding another rookie to that is not the route they're going to go. Especially with a pretty good crop of veteran lineman in FA.

ThePudge
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I find it kind of funny that California QBs have somehow garnished a lower reputation than Florida QBs.

As for the fit in Buffalo, it's fine (as it is anywhere), if they are willing to make the necessary adjustments to their offensive playbook and personnel to give Tim the chance to be a success at the NFL level.

RWills
12-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Tom Brady is a Cali kid, but played in Michigan

Race for the Heisman
12-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I find it kind of funny that California QBs have somehow garnished a lower reputation than Florida QBs.

As for the fit in Buffalo, it's fine (as it is anywhere), if they are willing to make the necessary adjustments to their offensive playbook and personnel to give Tim the chance to be a success at the NFL level.

I thought the Cali point was simply because he was specifically talking about Buffalo, which could be a bit of a culture shock for a West Coast guy (assuming both high school and college were out west).

ThePudge
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought the Cali point was simply because he was specifically talking about Buffalo, which could be a bit of a culture shock for a West Coast guy (assuming both high school and college were out west).

Typically I would agree, but it's Florida vs. California. Florida's weather and lifestyle is just a different as California's (though in not all the same ways). Gator QBs as a whole are a giant red flag. Even QBs from Miami and Florida State haven't found any great success in the NFL as a whole.

You could be right, as there are some good Cali QBs out there and it doesn't make all too much sense to me. Who knows, maybe it was just a shot at Stanford product Trent Edwards. Either way, I think were getting caught up in the wrong part of this thread (which may be better suited for the team boards.)

RochesterRox19
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I think the main issue with Buffalo and California QB's stems from players who were born, raised, and played there (or in other high climate places). They tend to not be able to make the transition to playing in Buffalo on the field and off.

J.P. Losman - Born in Venice, California, played college ball for Tulane
Trent Edwards - Born in Los Gatos, California, played college ball for Stanford
Rob Johnson - Born in Newport Beach, California, played college ball for USC

ThePudge
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I think the main issue with Buffalo and California QB's stems from players who were born, raised, and played there (or in other high climate places). They tend to not be able to make the transition to playing in Buffalo on the field and off.

J.P. Losman - Born in Venice, California, played college ball for Tulane
Trent Edwards - Born in Los Gatos, California, played college ball for Stanford
Rob Johnson - Born in Newport Beach, California, played college ball for USC

Gotcha. Thank you for clearing that up. I do think they should shift their focus to Big 10, Big East, or Northern ACC Quarterback. Culture shock in Buffalo is dangerous and it has rendered some players useless, and some unable to cope (Willis McGahee.) Jimmy Clausen is a Cali boy as well, so perhaps Jake Locker would have the best chance to adjusting to Buffalo weather wise.

CC.SD
12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Isn't Brohm supposed to be the future in Buffalo anyway? :D

Tebow would look sick in a Jags uniform , that's all I know.

DeathbyStat
12-03-2009, 03:00 PM
What is deal with all the Tebow love among NFL insiders, Parcells, Gruden, Dungy they all seem to just love this guy and you know that the Jags might take him just to sell tickets and the Redskins just to satisfy Snyder's fan like whims

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2009, 03:08 PM
What is deal with all the Tebow love among NFL insiders, Parcells, Gruden, Dungy they all seem to just love this guy and you know that the Jags might take him just to sell tickets and the Redskins just to satisfy Snyder's fan like whims

Because those people have seen how sometimes it is about heart and winning rather than physical skills.

RochesterRox19
12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Because those people have seen how sometimes it is about heart and winning rather than physical skills.

I wish I could Facebook "like" this.

Babylon
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM

I think those you mentioned look for intangibles in QBs. My guess is they feel they can correct the mechanical flaws but you cant teach leadership/Winning attitude all that good stuff.

BuddyCHRIST
12-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Since when does taunting the opposing teams,flailing your arms about, and screaming at your teammates give you heart?

RaiderNation
12-03-2009, 05:00 PM
California QB's are bad now?

eagles6606
12-03-2009, 05:07 PM
It seems to me that Ralph Wilson wants to win now. That is why he brought in Terrell Owens and is trying to bring a high profile coach, like Shanahan, to Buffalo. Tebow is going to have to change his release and learn an NFL offense before he can be successfull. He would seem to be 2-3 years away from playing. If Buffalo wants to win now, they might want to look in a different direction. Shoring up their offensive line would be a good start. Also, is Trent Edwards really not good enough to be an NFL starter? I really liked him out of college and when I've seen him play he has impressed me. If he could be more consistent I think he could be a good player.

tjsunstein
12-03-2009, 05:47 PM
California QB's are bad now?

No. It's just that Buffalo has a bad history with QBs from California. You're taking it the wrong way.

BigBanger
12-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Tebow should have serious doubts around his name with NFL style offenses. He's been in the same spread offense since High School. I'm not he has grown one bit since his sophomore year. I'd say his potential is already maxed out, maybe even early as two years ago. They tried to tweak his mechanics and they were supposedly better, but his release actually looks slower than I ever remember.

From a leadership standpoint, I can see the hype around his name, but from a physical standpoint? He is such a project that its nearly impossible to tell if he'll be any good in the NFL.

Babylon
12-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Tebow should have serious doubts around his name with NFL style offenses. He's been in the same spread offense since High School. I'm not he has grown one bit since his sophomore year. I'd say his potential is already maxed out, maybe even early as two years ago. They tried to tweak his mechanics and they were supposedly better, but his release actually looks slower than I ever remember.

From a leadership standpoint, I can see the hype around his name, but from a physical standpoint? He is such a project that its nearly impossible to tell if he'll be any good in the NFL.

Take out the name Tim Tebow and insert Vince Young because we said all the same things about him and then he goes 3rd in the draft. NFL types always think they can correct whatever needs correcting. I'm neither in or out of Tebow's camp but we know he's going to get picked fairly early we just dont know who.

RaiderNation
12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
No. It's just that Buffalo has a bad history with QBs from California. You're taking it the wrong way.

Buffalo has a bad history with all QB's

CC.SD
12-03-2009, 07:18 PM

Jim Kelly should just come back instead of sniping from the sidelines.

This is actually a really stupid trend I've been noticing. No one cares if Fran Tarkenton doesn't like Jay Cutler's style, etc. Get out of here with your bitterness

Babylon
12-03-2009, 07:37 PM

Jack Kemp and Jim Kelly would disagree.

underscore
12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Now the Bills would have to play games in third-world countries so Tebow could keep doing his surgeries.

Babylon
12-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Now the Bills would have to play games in third-world countries so Tebow could keep doing his surgeries.

He's playing his games in Florida now, which i guess is a 3rd world country to some people.

underscore
12-03-2009, 07:54 PM
He's playing his games in Florida now, which i guess is a 3rd world country to some people.

Heck, Buffalo is playing in Canada tonight :)

Big Black
12-03-2009, 08:00 PM
The combination of Tebow's slow wind-up delivery and Buffalo's horrible O-Line would be the perfect recipe for disaster. How about the Bills invest in some OL picks?? Cart before the horse.

Tebow's best chances for success in the NFL is to get drafted by a team where he can sit and learn for a season or two behind a seasoned vet....say Minnesota or Philadelphia, and have the advantage of playing behind a solid O-Line.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-03-2009, 08:46 PM

You contradict yourself in this post. You say his potential is maxed out and later you say he is such a project. Those two don't mix. His potential is definitely not maxed out first of all, and yes, even though he is a project, most ALL QB's entering the league are. He has all the raw tools, intangibles, desire, he just needs a good coach to help him develop. Saying he's already maxed out potential wise is ridiculous.

descendency
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I like how everyone assumes he will run a traditional NFL offense. Look at Tennessee. They've won 5 straight running option plays.

RochesterRox19
12-04-2009, 10:37 AM
The combination of Tebow's slow wind-up delivery and Buffalo's horrible O-Line would be the perfect recipe for disaster. How about the Bills invest in some OL picks?? Cart before the horse.

As I stated earlier, they took Eric Wood in the 1st and Andy Levitre in the 2nd last year. I'd say a 1st and a 2nd in one year is a pretty good investment.

Buffalo's main issues with the offensive line has been injuries and inexperience. They have far and away the youngest and least inexperienced line in the league. Adding another rookie to it isn't the route they're going to go.

Babylon
12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I like how everyone assumes he will run a traditional NFL offense. Look at Tennessee. They've won 5 straight running option plays.

I think Tennessee won the last game with Vince thowing the ball, he had like 8 yards rushing. I do like the Vince to Tim Tebow comparison though, even if you didnt make it. (directly)

D-Unit
12-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Tim Tebow will redefine the QB position.

Babylon
12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Tim Tebow will redefine the QB position.

I think he's more of a throwback almost to the days of the single wing. Not sure i'd call that redefining anything, maybe reinventing.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm not going as far as him redefining the QB position, but I've said that I think he can be successful, he just needs the right environment. If he ends up in Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, St. Louis, etc and asked to start right away, then I don't think he will be successful. He needs time to tweak a few things, learn the NFL game, and get his teammates to rally around him. If he does that, he could be a very special player. I still think his best spot would be Carolina trading up into the first and grabbing him.

Babylon
12-04-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not going as far as him redefining the QB position, but I've said that I think he can be successful, he just needs the right environment. If he ends up in Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, St. Louis, etc and asked to start right away, then I don't think he will be successful. He needs time to tweak a few things, learn the NFL game, and get his teammates to rally around him. If he does that, he could be a very special player. I still think his best spot would be Carolina trading up into the first and grabbing him.

To me for him (add Vince Young too) to be successful you need to have the O-line, the running game and the defense around him. Vince had it at UT and now the Titans and Tebow has it at U of F and we'll see in the pros. These are probably guys that can beat you at the end of the game but may not be winning any shootouts, especially in the NFL

D-Unit
12-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I think he's more of a throwback almost to the days of the single wing. Not sure i'd call that redefining anything, maybe reinventing.
Sorry. I meant that Tim Tebow will redefine the entire NFL. Not just the QB position.

...eh... not really that either... cause I don't see another Tebow coming along to allow other teams to "copy cat".

I guess I see Tim Tebow inventing something the NFL has never seen before, nor be able to duplicate. Yeah.. that.

Edit: Oh wait! There is one team kind of doing it... but once Tebow arrives, it could go full fledged.

D-Unit
12-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Good point about him going to the right team. I agree.

My whole thing about it... is this:

Tim Tebow will successfully bust open the doors to more NFL teams going QB By Committee.

We have seen the landscape go to RB By Committee. Tebow will lead the way to QB By Committee. Philly is somewhat doing it with Michael Vick, but it hasn't taken off the ground yet. Tebow will be the guy to bust open the doors, and I don't know if teams will be able to duplicate it the same way because he is such a unique talent. He is an ultimate weapon, no doubt.

I'd love to see him land in Miami. Parcells/Sparano will know what to do with him. His Florida fans will continue to support him. The combination of Chad Henne/Tim Tebow/Ronnie Brown could be lethal for their wildcat attack. I think that Pat White was brought in to do a similar attack. But the thing with the wildcat in the NFL is that you need a guy who can break tackles. Tebow can do that. Pat White does not. What made White a dynamic player at WVU doesn't work in the NFL. Tebow will.

...and soon guys like Tommy Frazier, Eric Crouch who have failed in the past will be hot commodities in the NFL instead of good college QBs who have no place in the NFL. Guys like Isaiah Stanback and Michael Robinson who were asked to make the difficult move to WR or RB will have a place in the NFL at the QB position and won't be busts. Jeremiah Masoli could go undrafted and then have his phone ring off the hook in 2011!

This is either wacky wack wacko logic or genius. Remember who called it. ;)

Babylon
12-04-2009, 03:20 PM

Tim Tebow will successfully bust open the doors to more NFL teams going QB By Committee.

We have seen the landscape go to RB By Committee. Tebow will lead the way to QB By Committee. Philly is somewhat doing it with Michael Vick, but it hasn't taken off the ground yet. Tebow will be the guy to bust open the doors, and I don't know if teams will be able to duplicate it the same way because he is such a unique talent. He is an ultimate weapon, no doubt.

I'd love to see him land in Miami. Parcells/Sparano will know what to do with him. His Florida fans will continue to support him. The combination of Chad Henne/Tim Tebow/Ronnie Brown could be lethal for their wildcat attack. I think that Pat White was brought in to do a similar attack. But the thing with the wildcat in the NFL is that you need a guy who can break tackles. Tebow can do that. Pat White does not. What made White a dynamic player at WVU doesn't work in the NFL. Tebow will.

...and soon guys like Tommy Frazier, Eric Crouch who have failed in the past will be hot commodities in the NFL instead of good college QBs who have no place in the NFL. Guys like Isaiah Stanback and Michael Robinson who were asked to make the difficult move to WR or RB will have a place in the NFL at the QB position and won't be busts. Jeremiah Masoli could go undrafted and then have his phone ring off the hook in 2011!

I dont think Tebow is going to get drafted to be a gimmick player. His whole game is to an extent a gimmick by the standards you mentioned. Not sure if you're taking us for a ride here but i will say he is intriguing, i just wouldnt be going too overboard on his impact.

D-Unit
12-04-2009, 03:37 PM
I dont think Tebow is going to get drafted to be a gimmick player. His whole game is to an extent a gimmick by the standards you mentioned. Not sure if you're taking us for a ride here but i will say he is intriguing, i just wouldnt be going too overboard on his impact.
Haha. I dunno if I'm taking myself for a ride! :D

I dunno if gimmick is the right word. Are RBs in a committee a gimmick if you have a power back and a speed back? They are used differently.

Similarly, Tebow can come in and operate the offense whether pass or run. If all he did was run the wildcat, then yeah, he could be called a gimmick. But I see him doing more than that.

Think of the way Urban Meyer used him as a Freshman when he had Chris Leak as the main QB. At the very least, that should be his introduction to the league.

If Tebow is a full time franchise QB, I'm not sure he'll have anything more than a hot and cold career before he fizzes out.

Babylon
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Haha. I dunno if I'm taking myself for a ride! :D

I dunno if gimmick is the right word. Are RBs in a committee a gimmick if you have a power back and a speed back? They are used differently.

Similarly, Tebow can come in and operate the offense whether pass or run. If all he did was run the wildcat, then yeah, he could be called a gimmick. But I see him doing more than that.

Think of the way Urban Meyer used him as a Freshman when he had Chris Leak as the main QB. At the very least, that should be his introduction to the league.

If Tebow is a full time franchise QB, I'm not sure he'll have anything more than a hot and cold career before he fizzes out.

We've gone from reinventing the wheel with this guy to he'll bust if he's considered a franchise QB. That is about as broad a range as you can get.

At the end of the day i dont see how he can be any more than a Vince Young and that in itself might get him drafted pretty high.

P-L
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Brohm... Vick... and Tebow! One city cannot handle that much greatness at quarterback.

Big Black
12-04-2009, 08:40 PM
As I stated earlier, they took Eric Wood in the 1st and Andy Levitre in the 2nd last year. I'd say a 1st and a 2nd in one year is a pretty good investment.

Buffalo's main issues with the offensive line has been injuries and inexperience. They have far and away the youngest and least inexperienced line in the league. Adding another rookie to it isn't the route they're going to go.

Two interior linemen isn't going to solve the Bills OL issues, even with everyone healthy. If a top flight OT prospect is available, they should jump on him, especially when they have the type of skill position players they do in Lynch, Jackson and Evans. A OT like Okung, Bulaga or Campbell would better serve their needs. Even a DL like Derrick Morgan or Gerald McCoy would be a better choice than drafting Tebow.

IMO Tebow one day could become a very good NFL player due to his work ethic and immeasurables but he's going to need time to develop into an NFL caliber QB.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2009, 09:02 PM

I do think you are way off on how Tebow will end up being used to "revolutionize" offenses in the NFL. Rhythm just becomes so important. Having that consistent QB in the huddle, leading the team play in play out is important to establishing an offense. Even in Miami where the Wildcat is used, it is very specific situations and placements on the field. Also, we haven't seen a QB be successful running the Wildcat, even with guys drafted or signed to do it.

I also just don't see a committee happening when you have such amazing field generals. A team won't be benching a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre, etc when they need them. RB is a position that takes A LOT of punishment. you get hit every play, often multiple times. QB simply isn't that. I'm not saying Tebow won't be successful (I am in support of him,) I'm not saying he won't be used in different ways as a QB, and I'm not even saying a team can add a new wrinkle with it, but it won't be that extreme.

Too much speed on defense and in the NFL does play a part. Teams have tried, but I think it will be so difficult to change that whole culture in two years and have success.

D-Unit
12-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I do think you are way off on how Tebow will end up being used to "revolutionize" offenses in the NFL. Rhythm just becomes so important. Having that consistent QB in the huddle, leading the team play in play out is important to establishing an offense. Even in Miami where the Wildcat is used, it is very specific situations and placements on the field. Also, we haven't seen a QB be successful running the Wildcat, even with guys drafted or signed to do it.

I also just don't see a committee happening when you have such amazing field generals. A team won't be benching a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre, etc when they need them. RB is a position that takes A LOT of punishment. you get hit every play, often multiple times. QB simply isn't that. I'm not saying Tebow won't be successful (I am in support of him,) I'm not saying he won't be used in different ways as a QB, and I'm not even saying a team can add a new wrinkle with it, but it won't be that extreme.

Too much speed on defense and in the NFL does play a part. Teams have tried, but I think it will be so difficult to change that whole culture in two years and have success.
Yeah, I let my imagination go wild! I think he will be unlike anything we've seen though. I'm leaning on it being good rather than bad.

glazeduck
12-05-2009, 06:39 PM
This is a no-brainer.

Kelly remembers how important Pete Metzallaars was for him as a safety blanket, and Ryan Mallet can use a similar type of H-Back. We really need help there... It's just too bad he won't be there in the 6th for us...

In all seriousness... What a freaking joke! Tebow will not be an NFL QB. Tight End? Sure, I can see that. Fullback/Hback? Yeah, makes sense. Male Cheerleader? Absolutely! I bet he could hoist a Buffalo Jill or two just Fine. He could probably even be one heck of a "Rah Rah" players' coach. But he doesn't have the necessary physical tools, nor the gray matter between the ears, to be a franchise QB. Sad to say, but it sounds like Ole Jim might be hittin' the bottle again. I wish that were a joke.

redbills
12-05-2009, 06:43 PM
**** Kelly, Tebow sucks.

Basileus777
12-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Tebow isn't even a good passer on the college level. All of this talk of intangibles is nonsense, he doesn't have any of the attributes or skills needed to be a successful NFL quarterback.

BaLLiN
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM
that throw that was intercepted in the endzone was awful, but alabama (Ingram) showed that they have no class, doing the gator clap, they were disrespectful and i hope they lose the national championship now.

glazeduck
12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
that throw that was intercepted in the endzone was awful, but alabama (Ingram) showed that they have no class, doing the gator clap, they were disrespectful and i hope they lose the national championship now.

Give me a break! They're 21 year old kids! They celebrated a little. Get over it, they just won the biggest game of their lives! Let them be kids!

Classless and disrespectful is what USC did to UCLA in the waning moments of their game last week. Bama had the same opportunity and ended the game the way SC should have done.

There's a huge difference between having class and enjoying one's self, perhaps a bit too much. Was it in poor taste for the Bama players to do the Florida thing? MAYBE, at best. But it wasn't classless.

BuddyCHRIST
12-05-2009, 07:29 PM

crap, Tebow was taunting OU players in the NC game last year chomping right in there face and when they were on the ground. You can't be that obnoxious and not expect to get mocked when you get dominated.

P-L
12-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Tebow didn't look like an NFL prospect today. After taking a step forward against Florida State, he took two steps back today. A lot of poor decisions, throwing errant passes under pressure, not noticing open receivers, etc. He was a lot worse than the stats showed. I guess that's what happens when he faces a great defense for the first time in almost a year.

I still think he'll get drafted in the 1st Round, but I think he needs an excellent bowl game to assure himself of it.

BuddyCHRIST
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
See this is whats annoying, his stats might have look like he took a step forward against FSU but he didn't at all. 2 of his TD passes were option play shuffle passes to the TE, one of which Hernandez ran all the way down the field making the FSU defense look pathetic. One of his TD runs the waters parted and he ran 30 yards untouched and the other was from a yard out where he didn't get touched.

He had a nice throw to Cooper and he can make those sometimes, but the majority of the time he is not very accurate. His % might be high but UF runs alot of short routes and even when he finds his guys its often times behind them, at their feet etc. General in the area accuracy doesnt cut it in the NFL

underscore
12-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Doing well vs. FSU isn't exactly anything to brag about this year.

BaLLiN
12-05-2009, 09:34 PM
crap, Tebow was taunting OU players in the NC game last year chomping right in there face and when they were on the ground. You can't be that obnoxious and not expect to get mocked when you get dominated.

im not saying he's right either, after having a widereciever on my highschool team (senior) get taunted by a corner on the other team saying "how does it feel to lose your last game as a senior?" and a kid in crutches saying he was "poop" i just cant accept it. Win with class. Teebow can do all the right things off the field and ill still think he's a douche.

Your not only representing your school your being a role model to younger kids, unacceptable.

Brent
12-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Major Applewhite had all the intangibles. How'd that work out?

Zycho32
12-05-2009, 11:26 PM
...wasn't Major Applewhite overshadowed by Ricky Williams or something?

Monomach
12-06-2009, 12:38 AM

The very fact that they're all so vocal with their Tebow love makes me think they're just hyping him up in the hope that someone else uses an early pick on him.

All of these guys are laughing their asses off as soon as the reporters are out of earshot. :D

On an unrelated note...kind of surprised by all the Vince Young comparisons. He just seems quite a bit slower...like A LOT slower to me.