PDA

View Full Version : Asher Allen or Benny Sapp

vikes_28
12-03-2009, 01:08 PM
As we all know, Winfield has been out for a while. During this time, we got to see our rookie CB that we drafted. I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, Asher Allen is wayyyy better than Benny Sapp. My reason being, Benny Sapp makes silly decisions when his panties get up in a bunch. I'm tired of his late hits, personal fouls, and failing at covering a fast wide-receiver. What do you guys think??

yo123
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I really haven't seen enough of Allen to make a fair judgement of him. But to be honest....I think we could do worse than Benny Sapp at nickel back. That said, he is indeed a ******* ****** and needs to quit hurting the team with stupid penalties. I do see Allen as his eventual replacement, maybe sooner rather than later, but as of right now my only real complaint with Sapp is him not being able to keep his cool.

General Zod
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
If you remove the ******** penalties, Benny Sapp is better then a lot of nickel corners in the league. I really don't think he has been playing that bad. Yeah he'll get burned sometimes by speed WRs. But there are also times that he is suppose to be getting help over the top and our awesome safties are completly out of the play.

And Im not saying Allen is bad either, I just havent seen enough of him yet.

marshallb
12-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I agree with what the other guys have been saying. Sapp is not bad, but he does make stupid decisions, although they seem to be happening less this year.

I like Allen, and think he'll be good, but I haven't seen enough of him, and would like to see him used more of as the dime back and in certain other situations.

BuckNaked
12-05-2009, 10:33 PM
As long as it's not Karl Paymah, I don't give a hoot.

prock
01-02-2010, 02:42 PM
benny sapp > asher allen. but either way, it keeps paymah off the field. that guy shouldnt even be in the league.

Splat
01-02-2010, 02:55 PM
My reason being, Benny Sapp makes silly decisions when his panties get up in a bunch. I'm tired of his late hits, personal fouls, and failing at covering a fast wide-receiver.

This takes me back.

BlueBandit24
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Last year whenever a flag was thrown, I'd turn and say "10 bucks it's on Sapp". If people had actually taken the wager I'd be a lot richer today. Sapp's stupid penalties absolutely enrage me, but I do agree that he's gotten better at controlling his idiocy. A decent corner but I'd like to see Allen step up and take that job.