PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Surprise, Biggest Disapointment

D-Unit
12-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Biggest Surprise: Brandon Graham - The guy has truly been a monster and I didn't expect him to be a first round type player.
Biggest Disapointment: Jevan Snead - Man, what load of croc he was. All hype, no substance

holt_bruce81
12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Biggest Surprise: Danario Alexander WR, Missouri

Biggest Disappointment: LeGarrette Blount RB, Oregon

Duffman57
12-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Its hard to argue with Blount as the biggest dissapointment, but here is mine its the big boy eddition.

Biggest Supprise: Dan Williams NT, Tennessee (This kid was being projected as a 4th to a 6th rounder and everywhere in between, not a mid first rounder. He has great upside and although his measurables wont be great, he is a stud as a player)

Biggest Dissapointment: Boo Robinson DT, Wake (This kid was being looked at as a low 1st round pick and right now, he's about a 5th rounder. He just didn't show that he had the tallent)

regoob2
12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Dissapointment has to be SNead. He sicks ballss

D-Unit
12-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Its hard to argue with Blount as the biggest dissapointment, but here is mine its the big boy eddition.

Biggest Supprise: Dan Williams NT, Tennessee (This kid was being projected as a 4th to a 6th rounder and everywhere in between, not a mid first rounder. He has great upside and although his measurables wont be great, he is a stud as a player)

Biggest Dissapointment: Boo Robinson DT, Wake (This kid was being looked at as a low 1st round pick and right now, he's about a 5th rounder. He just didn't show that he had the tallent)
That's a great mention of Dan Williams. Kind of reminiscent of Ron Brace's rise last year.

Cicero
12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Surprise: Ryan Matthews- I'd never even heard of the guy before this year. His game has really impressed me.

Disappointment: Sergio Kindle- So much for picking up where Orakpo left off.

BeerBaron
12-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't know about him being the "biggest" surprise, but Tony Pike I think could end up being a Joe Flacco type riser in the post season process. His injury derailed him a bit but if he beats Pitt this week and does well in a BCS game, I really wouldn't bat an eye if some team took a shot on him late 1st/Early 2nd much like where we all projected Flacco a few years ago.

OneToughGame
12-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Surprise: Jake Locker, Always been a big fan but I never thought he'd learn the system that Sark brought in and do so well in it this fast.

Disappointment: Ciron Black, I liked Ciron a lot last year but this year he's just been bleh.

phlysac
12-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Although not a draftable player my biggest surprise is:

Dion Lewis. I was really worried about the loss of Shady McCoy.

Disappointment:

Trent Williams. Wow, just really, really exposed this year.

RaiderNation
12-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Surprise: Jake Locker and Dan Williams
I thought Locker was going to end up like Matt Jones in the NFL. He is now a for sure top 10 pick in my mind and might end up being the top QB in the draft. I seriously didnt even know of Dan Williams before I saw a Tennessee game this year. The guy is going to be a good DT in the NFL and would love to draft him in the 2nd round

Disappointment: Jevan Sneed and Sam Bradford
Before the season it was either Sneed or Bradford as the 1st QB taken. Now none will/should be. Sneed was being compared to maybe a Brett Favre or Matt Stafford type of gun slinger. Now he is looking like Ryan Leaf in the NFL. Bradford got hurt which was a shame. Now having his injury concerns and people having this extra year of looking at him game tape, he might end up being a late 1st round(even though I still think he should be a top 15 pick still)

Pat Sims 90
12-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Biggest Surprise Toby Gerhart RB Stanford

Biggest Disappointment Taylor Mays S USC

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 03:20 AM
Biggest surprise: Jake Locker

Biggest disappointment: Bryan Bulaga

Day One Pick
12-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Biggest Surprise: Jimmy Clausen; This time last year I didn't view Clausen as much more than a mid 3rd round type of prospect. I thought he was more hype than substance. I'm still not convinced he's the top 5 prospect that many feel he is, but he certainly a first round talent now.

Biggest Disappointment: Joe Mcknight; Coming into this season I really thought Joe McKnight was going to fully live up to the hype he had as an incoming Freshman when he garnered comparisons to Reggie Bush. McKnight has still had a solid season and has looked very good overall. He just didn't have the eye popping, breakout type of season I thought he might have.

ThePudge
12-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Surprise: Give me my guy Ryan Mallett. I didn't see this guy as a serious NFL prospect coming into the year, but I've given that up. He can improve so much, but is already far above what I expected. He'd be one of my guys to keep a close eye on during the bowl season, as he led his Razorbacks to a fairly surprising 7-5 record.

Disappointment: Jevan Snead I think its the obvious one, but how about George Selvie or Sergio Kindle. Last year, some were surprised that Selvie got 3rd-4th Round feedback by the NFL Advisory Committee, but it looks like they may have gotten it spot on, even a year later. He's been greatly outperformed by teammate and superior prospect Jason Pierre-Paul. Kindle, meanwhile, had the chance to emerge as a Top 10 pick. While he still may have a shot at the first round, you have to use that P word (potential) when evaluating him instead of seeing him as an established player that should be able to come right in and start for an NFL team.

comahan
12-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Disappointment: Sergio Kindle- So much for picking up where Orakpo left off.

Only if youre talking about sacks. Anyone in IRC knows that I yell his name everytime he makes a big play. And I yell his name at least half a dozen times per game every week. I wouldnt be an insufferable fanboy of the guy if he sucked~

JRTPlaya21
12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Biggest surprise: Ryan Williams

Biggest disappointment: Jevan Snead/Trent Williams