PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap question

49ersfan_87
03-11-2007, 05:44 PM
How many of these contracts handed out this FA period are signing bonuses, and how many are into other types of bonuses (roster, option). Is there a site that lists it, or does anyone know? The only one i know of who got a signing bonus is deon grant.

princefielder28
03-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Everyone gets some sort of signing bonus

LSUALUM99
03-11-2007, 07:09 PM
How many of these contracts handed out this FA period are signing bonuses, and how many are into other types of bonuses (roster, option). Is there a site that lists it, or does anyone know? The only one i know of who got a signing bonus is deon grant.

They used to say something like 7 year, 49 million with 18 million signing bonus. But now they say 7 year, 49 million with 18 million guaranteed.

The guaranteed money and the term are all that matters. The total dollar figures are inflated for ego puposes.

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2007, 08:03 PM
They used to say something like 7 year, 49 million with 18 million signing bonus. But now they say 7 year, 49 million with 18 million guaranteed.

The guaranteed money and the term are all that matters. The total dollar figures are inflated for ego puposes.

That is exactly what I think.

OzTitan
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Guaranteed usually means signing bonus, but it can mean guaranteed roster bonus or guaranteed base salary too, it's just SB is the most common and the reason it's guaranteed is because the player gets it as soon as he signs (but it doesn't count against the cap straight away, rather it is prorated over the length of the deal cap wise).