PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren wants to meet with Hawks

Babylon
12-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Made it known this week that he'd like to meet with the Seahawks brass over the GM job. I'm a little torn on this one. I like what he did here and all but i'm almost for a new beginning with the team.

On a related topic i know he's mentioned he isnt in favor of drafting underclassmen at the QB position. To me whoever gets the job is going to have marching orders to get Jake Locker, if he isnt on board with that then i'm not interested.

summond822
12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Made it known this week that he'd like to meet with the Seahawks brass over the GM job. I'm a little torn on this one. I like what he did here and all but i'm almost for a new beginning with the team.

On a related topic i know he's mentioned he isnt in favor of drafting underclassmen at the QB position. To me whoever gets the job is going to have marching orders to get Jake Locker, if he isnt on board with that then i'm not interested.

True, it's Locker or bust for me right now, especially after watching him destroy Cal, even though I think that had more to do with the defense suddenly deciding to play out of their minds, but Locker had a phenomenal game, almost as if he knew it was going to be his last.

But your right, if Holmgren doesn't want to take Locker then I don't want him. The other side of the argument that could be used to sway Holmgren is that Locker has 3 years of starting experience and he would be a senior if he hadn't redshirted as a freshman. It's not a Mark Sanchez deal where there was only tape on him for one year. There is 3 years (minus games where he was injured which unfortunately is most of last year) for scouts to evaluate. Plus if you look at the tape of last year when the Huskies had Locker and when they didn't, it is obvious the difference that he made. They almost beat BYU with Locker, without him they couldn't even beat WSU.

jballa838
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
The Walrus in the front office? Say it ain't so!

Cicero
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
The Walrus in the front office? Say it ain't so!

^^^^^This.

Babylon
12-08-2009, 01:59 PM
True, it's Locker or bust for me right now, especially after watching him destroy Cal, even though I think that had more to do with the defense suddenly deciding to play out of their minds, but Locker had a phenomenal game, almost as if he knew it was going to be his last.

But your right, if Holmgren doesn't want to take Locker then I don't want him. The other side of the argument that could be used to sway Holmgren is that Locker has 3 years of starting experience and he would be a senior if he hadn't redshirted as a freshman. It's not a Mark Sanchez deal where there was only tape on him for one year. There is 3 years (minus games where he was injured which unfortunately is most of last year) for scouts to evaluate. Plus if you look at the tape of last year when the Huskies had Locker and when they didn't, it is obvious the difference that he made. They almost beat BYU with Locker, without him they couldn't even beat WSU.

It's so obvious that they should go after Locker if he comes out. There is no law that says you have to throw him to the wolves next year so let him sit behind Matt for a year or two and then he's ready to go at a high level. If they dont go after him and he becomes John Elway somewhere else they'll never live it down. My guess is Paul Allen will say go get em.

summond822
12-17-2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=258647

John Clayton told Brock & Salk that the Seahawks are not interested in bring Holmgren in as the president of football operations.

Cicero
12-17-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=258647

John Clayton told Brock & Salk that the Seahawks are not interested in bring Holmgren in as the president of football operations.

That's very relieving to hear.