PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Ravens, Week 13

cvv84
12-05-2009, 12:16 PM
This is a huge game and a must win IMO. After this game we play 3 out of 4 games on the road to close out the season and 2 of those teams played in the Super Bowl last year.

We've been rolling as of late so getting this key win Monday night would put us in great position to make the playoffs.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 01:55 PM
It's a "measuring stick" game. Sure Dallas was a great win and San Francisco seemed to be quality...But the rest have been mostly scrubs.

It's time to show up and let the rest of the NFL know they are for real. I'm nervous with the O-line issues and freezing weather, the pressure and rock hard footballs might be problems for the Pack's offense.

Either way, Monday night football at Lambeau field is gonna be rocking.

tjsunstein
12-07-2009, 01:22 AM
With Ed Reed Questionable and Terrell Suggs Doubtful, I love the possibilities on offense. I'm expecting a solid game from Jermichael Finley.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
With Ed Reed Questionable and Terrell Suggs Doubtful, I love the possibilities on offense. I'm expecting a solid game from Jermichael Finley.

Ed Reed is always questionable because he has a neck injury. He will be playing

thenewfeature06
12-07-2009, 10:30 AM

Ed Reed will play regardless but Suggs would help that defense as far as getting to Rodgers but it will be a good game. If it does snow the Ravens will have the advantage with a better line to pound the ball

drowe
12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I'M GOING TO THE GAME! last minute ticket hook up.

It's gonna be a good one. In terms of matchup, this is the game I'm most excited for this year.

For me, it comes down to the o-line. They've quietly improved a lot..only allowed 7 sacks in the last 3 games. If they can hold up against a REAL front 7, it'll be a huge step for them. Plus, if Rodgers actually has time against the Raven's questionable secondary, it could be a show.

I don't have high hopes for the running game. I feel it will be another in the long string of games where we run early and give up by the second quarter. We like to pretend we're gonna run the ball...but, quickly get bored.

Huge game too. If we win...it would take a collapse to miss the playoffs. A 1-game lead with the 2 closest competitors playing eachother next week is a great spot to be.

umphrey
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I think we can pull this one out. Sounds like the Raven are really banged up, especially on defense. With the cold, if we can play a physical game we might be able to knock the wind out of them. These are some injuries they are dealing with per JSOnline:
All these players are playing, and we all know Suggs won't go

Ed Reed: neck/shoulder nerve impingement
Dawan Landry: spinal cord concussion from last year
Joe Flacco: sprained ankle, shoulder and hip bruise

Stop Ray Rice, stop their running game, don't turn the ball over, and I think we win. We have done this consistently all year which is why I think we will win. Also lets get at least adequate pressure on Flacco. Maybe we can throw off his tempo early and take away any comfort he has in the pocket. Baltimore has a good OL and the only way we'll win that matchup is by bringing more intensity than they do.

roughrider30
12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty nervous about this one. The Ravens are a pretty good team, and they really need this game. I could definitely see the Pack losing the battle in the trenches, which wouldn't play out very well.

I think like umphrey said the key is to stop Rice, which is easier said then done. IMO he may be the toughest challenge we face on the ground this year (even more than Adrian). If we can shut down Rice early and get in Flacco's face, I think we win this one close.

jackalope
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I just found out when I got home today that I could have gotten tickets to the game. Too late now. I guess I'll have to bear through the MNF crew announcing. :(

Packers haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since Steven Jackson in week 3. I'm optimistic. I think we'll win, which would go a long way in securing a wild-card spot, but a loss doesn't mean the end of the season. This game still makes me extremely nervous though.

princefielder28
12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
The offense is off to a slow start (again the offense was unable to finish the drive, ended with a FG) and the defense has been great to begin.

Whistler6
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
With Ed Reed out, the offense should be doing much more with their passing game. Although no run game doesn't help.

With the Giants winning yesterday, this is a MUST win.

Ravens1991
12-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Aaron Rodgers is amazing.

I love what you guys are doing with your defense. I remember back when we had a D like that(We miss you Rex)

Boston
12-07-2009, 11:32 PM
"Jerry Rice fumbled!"

Love it.

TitleTown088
12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Aaron Rodgers is amazing.

I love what you guys are doing with your defense. I remember back when we had a D like that(We miss you Rex)
Thanks man.

The refs damn near ruined that game. For both sides.

neko4
12-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Well i guess theres the games you win, and then the games you survive. We survived this game it seemed.

Favre4ever
12-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Well i guess theres the games you win, and then the games you survive. We survived this game it seemed.

The Ravens were very lucky to be in this game till the end which such low amount of yards and first downs. It should have been a blow out for the Packers. If Driver doesnt fumble in the 3rd qtr, the game ends there cuz the Ravens looked ready to go back home.

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 07:02 AM

Self quoting for the win? :)

Whistler6
12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Did Ray Rice miss the plain to Green Bay or what?

Question though, how many games in a row has the opposing team took a kick back 45+ yards following a Packer score? Vikings did it, Bucs did it, Ravens did it.

Penalties yuck, fumbles/INT's yuck, special teams miscues yuck, missed field goal yuck.......Buttttt....A win is a win is a win, is a win! 8-4 feels pretty good.

Boston
12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Did Ray Rice miss the plain to Green Bay or what?

Question though, how many games in a row has the opposing team took a kick back 45+ yards following a Packer score? Vikings did it, Bucs did it, Ravens did it.

Penalties yuck, fumbles/INT's yuck, special teams miscues yuck, missed field goal yuck.......Buttttt....A win is a win is a win, is a win! 8-4 feels pretty good.

That's generally how it works...

Whistler6
12-08-2009, 11:44 PM
That's generally how it works...

Okay thanks for pointing that out to me? The fact is though, there is nothing that crushes momentum more or puts heavy pressure on the defense than giving up a big return and having your d's back up against the end zone to start a drive.

It's been a consistent detriment to the team, and they don't seem to be doing anything to clean it up. Special teams play (all around) will kill them in the playoffs if it keeps up this way, expecially against superior talent.