PDA

View Full Version : Berrian Joins Peterson Over 100 mph

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 01:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4716172

This had to have been discussed already, but I didn't see it anywhere. Still, I don't see what the big deal is...We all know multi-million dollar athletes are invincible.

Shane P. Hallam
12-05-2009, 01:44 PM
First time Berrian has gone over the century mark this season.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.bullz-eye.com/music/MDM/2007/images/beat-drums-header.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Damn. 54 over the speed limit. That's the kind of driver that when I see them on the interstate I pray that there's a state trooper somewhere up ahead to catch their asses.

ironman4579
12-05-2009, 01:52 PM

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/4/0/2/ba_dum_tsh.jpg

Staubach12
12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Thread worthy?

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Thread worthy?

If it was just Adrian Peterson going 100+ in a 55mph zone, then no...But because 3 days after Peterson gets busted, his own teammate does the same exact thing, yeah I'd say thread worthy.

yo123
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
If it was just Adrian Peterson going 100+ in a 55mph zone, then no...But because 3 days after Peterson gets busted, his own teammate does the same exact thing, yeah I'd say thread worthy.

How so? Are you saying their willingness to speed has something to do with them playing for the Vikings?

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of us have done the same thing at some point. Not condoning it, it's a pretty stupid thing to do. But when it comes to getting in trouble with the law it's pretty low on the severity scale.

iowatreat54
12-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Damn. 54 over the speed limit. That's the kind of driver that when I see them on the interstate I pray that there's a state trooper somewhere up ahead to catch their asses.

104-60=....

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
How so? Are you saying their willingness to speed has something to do with them playing for the Vikings?

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of us have done the same thing at some point. Not condoning it, it's a pretty stupid thing to do. But when it comes to getting in trouble with the law it's pretty low on the severity scale.

Don't think so hard. 2 NFL teammates got busted for going 50 over in a span of 3 days. It's newsworthy on ESPN.com, SI.com, etc., so I think it's okay to start an innocent thread on a NFL talk forum website.

yo123
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't think so hard. 2 NFL teammates got busted for going 50 over in a span of 3 days. It's newsworthy on ESPN.com, SI.com, etc., so I think it's okay to start an innocent thread on a NFL talk forum website.

Also a headline on Espn.com- Demarcus Ware probable despite chip in wrist.

Rosebud
12-05-2009, 03:36 PM

That's mean. He's probably just in a hurry. And 104 really isn't that fast anyway, now if he were doing 120 that would've been excessive, but 104 is alright.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 03:37 PM
What's your point? Do you see a bunch of random threads posted by me? No, I rarely post threads...I thought this was interesting news so I made one. If it bothers you umm okay?

If Steven Jackson getting a fine for tossing a football in the stands is thread worthy then I think I'm okay making this one. No worries.

Shahin
12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
What's your point? Do you see a bunch of random threads posted by me? No, I rarely post threads...I thought this was interesting news so I made one. If it bothers you umm okay?

If Steven Jackson getting a fine for tossing a football in the stands is thread worthy then I think I'm okay making this one. No worries.

You're okay, it's a good thread. If it wasn't one to begin with it became one with:

tjsunstein
12-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Also a headline on Espn.com- Demarcus Ware probable despite chip in wrist.

You're getting a little too defensive just because they happen to be Vikings. I don't think he made the thread just because he happens to be a fan of a rival team. If it were two players from any other team then it wouldn't have made a difference. If you truly don't care for the thread, simply don't click on it THEN post a response which happens to bump it to the top of all threads making more people click on it because of the number of responses.

As for Berrian, he's an idiot. I would say that about any other player if their teammate did the same exact thing days earlier.

I guess Peterson and Berrian don't have 'getting away from the cops speed' like Chris Johnson.

yo123
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
You're getting a little too defensive just because they happen to be Vikings. I don't think he made the thread just because he happens to be a fan of an opposing team. If it were two players from any other team then it wouldn't have made a difference. If you truly don't care for the thread, simply don't click on it THEN post a response which happens to bump it to the top of all threads making more people click on it because of the number of responses.

As for Berrian, he's an idiot. I would say that about any other player if their teammate did the same exact thing days earlier.

I guess Peterson and Berrian don't have 'getting away from the cops speed' like Chris Johnson.

I'm not defensive at all, I just don't think it's a huge deal. It was stupid in both incidents, but it's a speeding ticket. I could honestly care less that a thread was made, I'm not someone who's always worried about "thread worthiness."

I don't think it's a complete coincidence that the thread was started by a Packer fan, but I'll just leave it at that.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I AM a Packer fan...But I also cannot turn the channel when Adrian Peterson is on TV playing. So I'm also a fan of good football and sports in general. It has nothing to do with what team I side with.

You're getting a little too political here. 2 weeks after getting my license, I got a 280 dollar speeding ticket for going 28 over in a 65mph zone. I'll bet my life the guy was a Viking fan, because I have a Green Bay stick on my bumper.

Conspiracy damnit.

Twiddler
12-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Not really news here. Interesting? Kind of, but it just shows that some athletes are idiots, which is shocking...

regoob2
12-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a sporty car and I'll occasionally go 120+ but I only do that when no one is around me and for a short period of time. How do you get caught doing this? If you're cruising at 100+ your an idiot.

tjsunstein
12-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I have a sporty car and I'll occasionally go 120+ but I only do that when no one is around me and for a short period of time. How do you get caught doing this? If you're cruising at 100+ your an idiot.

I've made it from South Jersey to WVU in 4.5 hours. I'll leave it at that. Was it smart? No. Did I get caught? No. No harm, no foul.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-05-2009, 06:07 PM
To be fair, he was running late to the annual boat party.

Raider_fan_Canada
12-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Nothing wrong with this thread.....

Lets be honest we all speed up from time to time, but at some point when you pass people like they are concrete blocks there is something called judgement that should make a light flash. 109 mph is just crazy.

Thats messing with your life and the one of other people. I hope the Vikings are pist about this and someone will have a talk with these guys. How bad would it be if something happened to AD? Its just not worth the risk.

Plus I dont understand why they do this when they play a game like pro football. Do you really think they need more adrenaline???

Job
12-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Whenever I see someone driving to that kinda speed, I always hope he hits a tree and dies dismembered.

Gay Ork Wang
12-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Whenever I see someone driving to that kinda speed, I always hope he hits a tree and dies dismembered.
In germany you are supposed to drive that fast

Jvig43
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM

But for some reason there never is...... *******

Job
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM
In germany the road is made for that.

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Haha, me too!

BTW, shouldn't there drivers licenses be taken from them?

yo123
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Haha, me too!

BTW, shouldn't there drivers licenses be taken from them?

Once it goes through court they might.

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Once it goes through court they might.
Usually they take it right at the spot.

If they don't get it taken, that's crap. It goes to show what celebrities get away with. ( Not just them, but others ( including the Rams very own Leonard Little )).

yo123
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Usually they take it right at the spot.

If they don't get it taken, that's crap. It goes to show what celebrities get away with. ( Not just them, but others ( including the Rams very own Leonard Little )).

He has 21 days to challenge it, which I really doubt he will. He's acknowledged that he was going that fast. I would imagine it's going to get suspended after the 21 days.

But he's Adrian fricken Peterson. I'm surprised he didn't have a driver in the first place.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 08:33 PM
To be fair, he was running late to the annual boat party.

Ahhh hahah, this post needs props.

CashmoneyDrew
12-06-2009, 02:39 AM
104-60=....

Peterson, not Berrian.