PDA

View Full Version : Ray Rice doesn't like Green Bay

Splat
12-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Ray Rice doesn't like Green Bay (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/ray-rice-doesnt-like-green-bay/)

After Monday night's 27-14 loss, Rice took aim at the stadium in which the game was played, and the city in which the stadium is situated.

"To be honest with you, it was just Lambeau Field," Rice said."

"I didn't see anything special. They put us in the middle of nowhere and it's not a real exciting place."

"Everything about this place is terrible (http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/packersbeatbaltimore.html?21072), to be honest with you."

21ST
12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
lol thats the best he can do

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Come on Rice don't be bitter.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
New Rochelle is about 15-20 mins from Manhattan and New Brunswick is about an hour from Manhattan so I'm pretty sure he did spend a lot of time there. Anyway who cares.

Gay Ork Wang
12-08-2009, 09:58 AM
So true though.

I just learned to love him a lot more

drowe
12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Ray Rice doesn't like Green Bay (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/ray-rice-doesnt-like-green-bay/)

After Monday night's 27-14 loss, Rice took aim at the stadium in which the game was played, and the city in which the stadium is situated.

"To be honest with you, it was just Lambeau Field," Rice said."

"I didn't see anything special. They put us in the middle of nowhere and it's not a real exciting place."

"Everything about this place is terrible (http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/packersbeatbaltimore.html?21072), to be honest with you."

Too bad. after the 2 fumbles he generously donated to the Packers, Green Bay LOVES Ray Rice. :)

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 10:02 AM
He only had one fumble.

Brent
12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
compared to the bay area, every where is terrible.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
New Rochelle is about 15-20 mins from Manhattan and New Brunswick is about an hour from Manhattan so I'm pretty sure he did spend a lot of time there. Anyway who cares.

This.

Id feel the same way if I were him. I'm about 20 minutes from Manhattan, and I personally can't stand anywhere thats in the middle of no where.

He's just a city boy. I'm sure a lot of city guys feel the same way he feels.

Having that said, he's bitter after a loss.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
ZOMG New York is the center of the universe!!

Seriously, get the **** over yourself. (Ray Rice, not you BBD :))

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
go milk a cow.

*shrug*

j/p ;)

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Man, just wait guys, when Tom Savage comes to the NFL...

zomg.

Thats all i have to say. I might request the Giants to trade Eli and 10 draft picks for him.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Man, just wait guys, when Tom Savage comes to the NFL...

zomg.

Thats all i have to say. I might request the Giants to trade Eli and 10 draft picks for him.

I love Savage but I wish he wasn't from Philly haha. It's really his only flaw.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I live in Minneapolis, one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to love about living in cities, but I really hate the condescending attitude that people have sometimes about the country. And let's be honest, his definition of culture likely consists of drinking Hennessy and throwing money at naked ladies anyway. I'm sure you can do both in Green Bay. It's not like he misses the Met or something.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I love Savage but I wish he wasn't from Philly haha. It's really his only flaw.

Damn. I didn't know he's from Philly. I guess he's doomed to be a perennial disappointment for the rest of his life now.

Nvm about him.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to love about living in cities, but I really hate the condescending attitude that people have sometimes about the country. And let's be honest, his definition of culture likely consists of drinking Hennessey and throwing money at naked ladies anyway. I'm sure you can do both in Green Bay. It's not like he misses the Met or something.

Haha. this is so true. I went to a RU party that Rice was hosting once....I stood out like a sore thumb being a grad student at the time, and him being like 20 years old with a bunch of half naked hos around him. But still good times.

I heard Minny has some of the best hamburgers youll find in the country. I really want to go out there one day. I forget the name of the joint, but I saw it on Food Network. Theres these 2 burger joints that both claim they created the same burger.

All I know is one of those burgers needs to get in my belly.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the Juicy Lucy.

http://www.mrbadideas.com/jucylucy.jpg

Molton Cheese inside of a burger. Brilliant. By the way, Matt's Bar is the originator, accept no imitations. Come to think of it, Food Network has been to Minneapolis a lot. We're good at making people fat.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, the Juicy Lucy.

Molton Cheese inside of a burger. Brilliant. By the way, Matt's Bar is the originator, accept no imitations. Come to think of it, Food Network has been to Minneapolis a lot. We're good at making people fat.

Helps to withstand the cold in the winter.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
That looks so good. Its like a heart attack waiting to happen.

No wonder the Williams wall were taking those diet pills.

diabsoule
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
That looks so good. Its like a heart attack waiting to happen.

No wonder the Williams wall were taking those diet pills.

I've made one before in my own kitchen. It came out just as they showed it on Food Network. It was good for a one-time-only eat.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I've made one before in my own kitchen. It came out just as they showed it on Food Network. It was good for a one-time-only eat.

Did it come out good? You got me thinking. I might grill some up this weekend if I have time.

Finals are coming up though, and squeezing work, grad classes, and football in before finals is going to be a big enough challenge as is, so i might have to wait until next week.

drowe
12-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, the Juicy Lucy.

The Juicy Lucy is clearly the best thing to ever come out of Minnesota.

Splat
12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Personally I think the city sucks and that goes for any city. :)

Wootylicous
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Ray Rice thread turned into a food thread ? epic win and this burger looks awesome.

scottyboy
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Ray Rice thread turned into a food thread ? epic win and this burger looks awesome.

it's because of his juicy thighs. leads to juicy burgers and bonerz.

Wootylicous
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey I was right Scotty!

<+Wooty> I have a feeling kenny britt will be awesomeness (woot with rare epic win)

:D RUTGERS!

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
it's because of his juicy thighs. leads to juicy burgers and bonerz.

Haha, is that the first time you've mentioned Rice and a boner on SWDC. I remember countless other things but not a boner.

Wootylicous
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
and is it bad that everytime I watch Ray Rice I automatically spot his thighs before everything else..

Damn you scotty !

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I wonder if melted cheese comes out of Ray Rice's thigh's if you take a bite.

*pause/no hom0*

scottyboy
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Haha, is that the first time you've mentioned Rice and a boner on SWDC. I remember countless other things but not a boner.

hmmm I'm not sure. I don't use the word boner often, you may be correct!

Splat
12-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I wonder if melted cheese comes out of Ray Rice's thigh's if you take a bite.

Nope fried "Rice".

bigbluedefense
12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Nope fried "Rice".

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Rosebud
12-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Well ray ray, you should've kicked their asses then, then the giants would be tied with the pack for the final playoff spot in the NFC and I'd be able to talk more **** to packers fan friends. You inconsiderate dwarfish ogre.

killxswitch
12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Those burgers are good if you use pepperjack cheese.

HawkeyeFan
12-08-2009, 12:59 PM
So true though.

I just learned to love him a lot more
Haha I know, my whole family are die hard Packer fans and I went to watch St. Louis vs Green Bay there a few years ago, they hyped up Lambeau, and when I got there, I was disappointed, it's in the middle of nowhere, and really not that amazing.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-08-2009, 01:09 PM
So everyone agrees Green bay is weak?

Splat
12-08-2009, 01:11 PM

Not at football.

vikes_28
12-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to love about living in cities, but I really hate the condescending attitude that people have sometimes about the country. And let's be honest, his definition of culture likely consists of drinking Hennessy and throwing money at naked ladies anyway. I'm sure you can do both in Green Bay. It's not like he misses the Met or something.

This, this, this.

I live in a rural city. Its a city with a metro area of 250k, and yet it feels like small town USA cause our downtown is in a valley, so you can't see tall buildings or anything. And its a nice driving town, the roadways are large so you can't really get stuck in traffic all that much.

But to Ray Rice,

Don't be pissed cause you lost me my fantasy game by 5 points. :rolleyes:

Mr.Regular
12-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Negative. A city full of hardcore Cheeseheads, that follow the NFL religiously? Sign me up.

Babylon
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I think what Ray was trying to say is this place is nothing special, we can lose here as well as anywhere else.

TitleTown088
12-08-2009, 01:56 PM

Ray? You're from New Rochelle, New York. You went to college in Piscataway, New Jersey. And now you live in Baltimore.

Not that we have a problem with any of those places. But if Rice is going to cop an attitude about Green Bay, then we need to point out that he doesn't spend the bulk of his time in Manhattan or Paris or some other place that would satisfy the exacting standards that he apparently compromises when choosing where he'll live.

We know he had no choice when it came to being drafted by the Ravens. Still, the guy shouldn't be looking down his nose at a small city with a low crime rate and a population that, per capita, has more zeal for pro football than any other city in the world. Florio said it perfectly.

princefielder28
12-08-2009, 02:33 PM
haha if he thinks Lambeau sucks now, he shoulda seen it before the renovations and face lift (i'm not saying it's bad but if he thinks the present day Lambeau is bad...)

green bay as a city isn't exciting at all and the packers make it what it is but i prefer living there compared to living and going to school in minneapolis.

Splat
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't care if Lambeau isn't as fancy as the Cards or Boys stadiums if I could go any where to watch a game it would be there I have always wanted to.

CC.SD
12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Jealous he will never perform the leap.

Smooth Criminal
12-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Its competely true. If it wasn't for the history of it no one would care about that place. For people that don't care about history, its really not impressive.

TitleTown088
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
So true though.

Something tells me a kid from Germany has never been to the midwest, much less Green Bay itself. While the statement may not be false, this makes you sound pretentious.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Its competely true. If it wasn't for the history of it no one would care about that place. For people that don't care about history, its really not impressive.

I could care less about the history. So screw Green bay

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 05:09 PM
The dude is bitter. It's really a classless thing to say with all of the football history stored in that stadium and the passion of the city for the team. I actually like what Florio said. Very rare.

Splat
12-08-2009, 05:09 PM

Ray Rice? Is that you?

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM

Is anything impressive without history? Think about that. What is impressive without history?

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I obviously love history, but Lambeau Field isn't exactly all that historic. I mean, it was built in 1957. Also, it's been remodeled so many times that it's not even the same stadium for the most part.

Gay Ork Wang
12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Is anything impressive without history? Think about that. What is impressive without history?
Chris Johnson.

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 05:16 PM

Haha, seriously? You guys aren't handling this loss very well, are you? Just because your star offensive weapon (impressive game for him, btw) says something doesn't mean you have to agree.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Haha, seriously? You guys aren't handling this loss very well, are you? Just because your star offensive weapon (impressive game for him, btw) says something doesn't mean you have to agree.

Well I don't know how I would like it but I will take my star players word for it. I am pissed we lost but that is not why I say screw Green Bay. I said that because multiple people said it is in the middle of no where and that makes me not want to even attempt going there.

Diehard
12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Trends come and go, but Ravens players talking **** off the field apparently never gets old.

princefielder28
12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Well I don't know how I would like it but I will take my star players word for it. I am pissed we lost but that is not why I say screw Green Bay. I said that because multiple people said it is in the middle of no where and that makes me not want to even attempt going there.

It's Green Bay, saying it's in the middle of nowhere may be true if it was in a different town, but Lambeau is located in 'best" part of town as far as stuff to do. From the Lombardi/Oneida intersection heading south down Oneida is where everything that's worthwhile in Green Bay is located.

CC.SD
12-08-2009, 05:35 PM

Philip Rivers

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 05:38 PM
From the Lombardi/Oneida intersection heading south down Oneida is where everything that's worthwhile in Green Bay is located.
I hear they've got a McDonalds AND a Wendy's now. :)

drowe
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I hear they've got a McDonalds AND a Wendy's now. :)

We have an Applebee's too. Just ask Ryan Longwell.

for real though..I don't know what makes a city "in the middle of nowhere" but Green Bay has the Fox Valley to the South and Lake Michigan to the East. It's really the central(ish) hub for a lot of cities that are only slightly smaller.

People don't have to like Green Bay. People don't have to get the history part of it. It's not one of those things where "if you like football, you have to like Green Bay." F that. It's like those assholes that tell me if I like rock music, I have to like the Beatles. Well, I do like rock music, but I hate the ******* Beatles.

People can think what they want to think..but, the main point here is, I doubt Ray Rice would be talking that way if he didn't have the worst game of his season.

wogitalia
12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm in Australia and I really want to go to a game at Lambeau just for it's history and because I firmly believe that you haven't truly watched a game until you have sat through freezing conditions at Lambeau.

Hopefully I will get to see the Vikes play the Packers there and be the random guy in the crowd getting sledged by a whole bunch of cheeseheads, can't think of a better "football experience".

Jvig43
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Trends come and go, but Ravens players talking **** off the field apparently never gets old.

So ******* true.

Ravens1991
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Are the ravens really that bad of a trash talking team? I figure most teams have players who talk **** but are the Ravens one of the top teams? I may be biased but I didnt think we are that bad

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Are the ravens really that bad of a trash talking team? I figure most teams have players who talk **** but are the Ravens one of the top teams? I may be biased but I didnt think we are that bad

Interestingly enough, I can't think of a team that talks more. They're just a very vocal team.

M.O.T.H.
12-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I stopped reading after the Juicy Lucy was posted, that thing looks amazingly delicious.

Ravens1991
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Interestingly enough, I can't think of a team that talks more. They're just a very vocal team.

yea we are vocal, back in the day w/ Billick we were a lot more vocal, billick let virtually anything be said. Hell Tony Siragusa dared any steelers fan to meet him in the bathroom for a fight after the Ravens steelers game one year.

TitleTown088
12-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I hate the ******* Beatles.

Hold the phone. I don't care if you love classic rock or not, how can you hate the Beatles?

Also, there are places in Baltimore which are much less developed than "rural" Wisconsin.

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
yea we are vocal, back in the day w/ Billick we were a lot more vocal, billick let virtually anything be said. Hell Tony Siragusa dared any steelers fan to meet him in the bathroom for a fight after the Ravens steelers game one year.

If I were a Steelers fan, I would have showed up.

Just to say I met Tony Siragusa.

The Unseen
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Philip Rivers

I thought God lived forever

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Hold the phone. I don't care if you love classic rock or not, how can you hate the Beatles?

Also, there are places in Baltimore which are much less developed than "rural" Wisconsin.

If you had to pick one.

Rural Wisconsin

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/localgov/images/aahpic1.jpg

Place in Baltimore

http://www.uncp.edu/home/canada/images/ghetto.jpg

I think I'll take the boring, in the middle of nowhere place. Thanks for visiting Ray Rice.

Whistler6
12-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Guess what Ray...We don't like you.

Ravens1991
12-08-2009, 10:17 PM
If you had to pick one.

Rural Wisconsin

Place in Baltimore

I think I'll take the boring, in the middle of nowhere place. Thanks for visiting Ray Rice.

Rice is probably talking about the night life of baltimore and places like this
http://www.harborcourt.com/images/inner_harbor_img.jpg

Nitschke-Hawk
12-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I lost a little bit of respect for Ray with that. He's an old school, hard nosed type of player. It's a shame he feels that way cause he'd be a great fit on any OLD team with his playing style.

Smooth Criminal
12-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Lots of things are impressive without a storied history. Look at the Cowboys new stadium, very impressive without any history yet.

All about a person's interest. He wasn't alive for some of the great history at Lambeau and probably doesn't even know most of it. To somone like that, there's not that much that is impressive just to the eye about the stadium.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Also being in that visitors locker room might not be that great. I haven't seen it, but I know the Packers locker room is amaaaazing. There's also no 4 or 5 star hotel for road teams to stay in.

brat316
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Cheese taste good on almost anything.

andyjo672
12-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Rice is probably talking about the night life of baltimore and places like this
http://www.harborcourt.com/images/inner_harbor_img.jpg

The only thing people from Baltimore talk about is that the aquarium is by the water. The other thing I know is that you're supposed to speed up when driving through/past it. I went to school with two kids from Baltimore and so I'm sort of aware of what Baltimore has to offer. Green Bay may be rural, and I'm definitely not a fan (grew up in Minneapolis, vikings fan) but at least its NOT Baltimore. The other cities that come to mind when I think Baltimore are places like Detroit, Gary and East St. Louis. Not exactly great company.

And in terms of Ray being "close to Manhattan" and thus not used to the lifestyle excuse. I'm currently assigned to a project in the New Brunswick area. It's not Manhattan. People from the area like to say "it's close though, so its basically the same thing." No its not. It's rural and isolated. That excuse is only used by people from Jersey that defend it ad nauseum. There's a reason it costs money to enter Manhattan but its free to return to Jersey. I work with tons of client team members from the area and they all love it. The rest of my team who flies in from every corner of the country agrees with me, Jersey is awful. There's nothing to do, nothing to see. A lot, in fact, like Green Bay with the awful addition of a terrible attitude due to the relative "proximity" to Manhattan (I say proximity loosely).

Supporting Caste
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, at least in Green Bay you generally don't have to deal with mean people.

Looking Arab/Islamic and being *** might make things a little difficult with some people, though.

A sexual orientation is considered profane? Well I'll be darned.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
And in terms of Ray being "close to Manhattan" and thus not used to the lifestyle excuse. I'm currently assigned to a project in the New Brunswick area. It's not Manhattan. People from the area like to say "it's close though, so its basically the same thing." No its not. It's rural and isolated. That excuse is only used by people from Jersey that defend it ad nauseum. There's a reason it costs money to enter Manhattan but its free to return to Jersey. I work with tons of client team members from the area and they all love it. The rest of my team who flies in from every corner of the country agrees with me, Jersey is awful. There's nothing to do, nothing to see. A lot, in fact, like Green Bay with the awful addition of a terrible attitude due to the relative "proximity" to Manhattan (I say proximity loosely).

New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close. Also, it's not rural here at all. NJ is the only state in the union where every county is considered a metropolis because there are tons of people everywhere. There are some farms in the area but a lot of that has to do with Rutgers agricultural department. Just because we like to keep some preserved areas doesn't mean we are rural. Also, it's not free to enter back into NJ on the train. Just because the tunnels are free on the way back out is because the commuters shouldn't have to pay $16 just to get through a mile tunnel to work. I don't mind that you think Jersey is awful but don't demean the citizens like me who do like where I live.

andyjo672
12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close. Also, it's not rural here at all. NJ is the only state in the union where every county is considered a metropolis because there are tons of people everywhere. There are some farms in the area but a lot of that has to do with Rutgers agricultural department. Just because we like to keep some preserved areas doesn't mean we are rural. Also, it's not free to enter back into NJ on the train. Just because the tunnels are free on the way back out is because the commuters shouldn't have to pay $16 just to get through a mile tunnel to work. I don't mind that you think Jersey is awful but don't demean the citizens like me who do like where I live.

I said nothing demeaning about the citizens at all. I said they defend it ad nauseum. Not demeaning to me. And no matter what you say, the area has a "rural" feel. Take 78 west out of Manhattan and past Newark (another real gem) and boom, all it is farm country. Surrounding the New Brunswick area has the same thing. It's small town feel, with a lot of mom and pop shops and what not.

And I was talking about the driving commute. If NJ and Manhattan were as equal as youre equating them then it should be the same cost to enter/exit (4/4). But its not because one area is desirable, one is not. Obviously the train isn't free one way.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I said nothing demeaning about the citizens at all. I said they defend it ad nauseum. Not demeaning to me. And no matter what you say, the area has a "rural" feel. Take 78 west out of Manhattan and past Newark (another real gem) and boom, all it is farm country. Surrounding the New Brunswick area has the same thing. It's small town feel, with a lot of mom and pop shops and what not.

And I was talking about the driving commute. If NJ and Manhattan were as equal as youre equating them then it should be the same cost to enter/exit (4/4). But its not because one area is desirable, one is not. Obviously the train isn't free one way.

It's because NY/NJ split the profits on the tunnels. Obviously more people filter into a city like Manhattan but NY/NJ have a bond together. Manhattan wouldn't really be the same with out a ton of the NJ citizens working there and vice versa. Also, north jersey in the mountains is rural but that's not where I live. I'm from 15 minutes from NB the other way and just because their mom and pop shops doesn't make it rural. I've actually never heard anyone say that about Jersey because of the overcrowding. New Bruns is also as far from rural as you can get.

andyjo672
12-08-2009, 10:59 PM
It's because NY/NJ split the profits on the tunnels. Obviously more people filter into a city like Manhattan but NY/NJ have a bond together. Manhattan wouldn't really be the same with out a ton of the NJ citizens working there and vice versa. Also, north jersey in the mountains is rural but that's not where I live. I'm from 15 minutes from NB the other way and just because their mom and pop shops doesn't make it rural. I've actually never heard anyone say that about Jersey because of the overcrowding. New Bruns is also as far from rural as you can get.

Correction: Manhattan is about as far from rural as you can get. Driving down Easton Ave through Somerset has a pretty rural feel to it if you ask me. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone in NJ will defend it to the end and try to buddy up to NYC. It's fine that you love it but there is a distinct different. And everyone that I know that goes to NJ from elsewhere is less than impressed with the state as a whole. Just my personal, relatively informed experience.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Correction: Manhattan is about as far from rural as you can get. Driving down Easton Ave through Somerset has a pretty rural feel to it if you ask me. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone in NJ will defend it to the end and try to buddy up to NYC. It's fine that you love it but there is a distinct different. And everyone that I know that goes to NJ from elsewhere is less than impressed with the state as a whole. Just my personal, relatively informed experience.

No problem. I love NYC as well as my home state and a lot of NJ citizens were from there so it works both ways. I can see why a lot of people from out of town wouldn't like it but to each his own.

Whistler6
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Those are pretty weak statements. Lambeau Field, the atrium, and entire stadium is incredible. Sorry Ray, not ever NFL city can be like LA, Manhattan, Miami, etc...

TitleTown088
12-08-2009, 11:14 PM
As for New Brunswick being close to Manhattan... Green Bay is pretty close to Milwaukee. While Milwaukee is far from being Manhattan its still near a big city.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
As for New Brunswick being close to Manhattan... Green Bay is about that close to Milwaukee. While Milwaukee is far from being Manhattan its still near a big city.

This is true but Ray was only in NB for 3 years. New Rochelle is only 15-20 mins from NYC.

Maybe Rutgers being the Birthplace of College Football has something to do with him not being impressed? ;)

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
If you had to pick one.

Rural Wisconsin

Place in Baltimore

That is definitley Baltimore. Now that isn't anywhere you would go if you are looking for "night life" but if you like crack or heroin that is the place to go. You must of searched for the worse place in Baltimore because where people would be visiting they wouldn't even see that place. Downtown Baltimore is a great place. Just don't leave that area.

He could be bitter like I said before but he could of had high hopes for playing in Green bay and he was dissapointed.

M.O.T.H.
12-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I went to that aquarium, only time I was ever in Baltimore or Maryland for that matter.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I went to that aquarium, only time I was ever in Baltimore or Maryland for that matter.

I have lived here for 23 years and have been there like twice on field trips.

Jughead10
12-08-2009, 11:34 PM
That is definitley Baltimore. Now that isn't anywhere you would go if you are looking for "night life" but if you like crack or heroin that is the place to go. You must of searched for the worse place in Baltimore because where people would be visiting they wouldn't even see that place. Downtown Baltimore is a great place. Just don't leave that area.

He could be bitter like I said before but he could of had high hopes for playing in Green bay and he was dissapointed.

There are plenty of areas outside of downtown Baltimore that are plenty safe and fun.

Whistler6
12-08-2009, 11:36 PM
I think he saw Kelly Washington get rejected during his Lambeau Leap attempt and is feeling a little left out he wasn't able to get his bottom "patted" and hugged by adoring fans.

Young guys in the NFL want to embrace their newfound celebrity and be able to "hit the town" for partying and that... Obviously in Green Bay that really isn't much of an option.

But for players who want to focus mainly on football and are okay with a bit more laid back family life, then Green Bay is excellent. It's obviously not a place many rookies want to come at first, but just ask Driver, Greg Jennings, Aaron Rodgers, Bj Raji and others how they like it. They gush.

singe_101
12-08-2009, 11:46 PM
You're in the middle of nowhere? Good, watch some film.

Did the hotel forget to put a mint on your pillow?

Do you know how many men dream of playing one NFL game and would fly themselves to Green Bay to be on the bench and maybe have one kickoff to cover? Come on, Ray.

brat316
12-09-2009, 12:00 AM
New Brunswick not really Manhattan, to different feelings that's why people from outside don't like it, and see it differently from the people that live there.

Ness
12-09-2009, 01:37 AM
You look really stupid when you make a comment like this after you did horribly and lost a game. Should have just kept his mouth closed.

MetSox17
12-09-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm with the side that doesn't give a **** about the history of Lam-bow. I don't think i'd have a reason good enough to ever set foot in Wisky, much less the city of Green Bay.

Shahin
12-09-2009, 03:07 AM
compared to the bay area, every where is terrible.

I approve this

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
You're in the middle of nowhere? Good, watch some film.

Did the hotel forget to put a mint on your pillow?

Do you know how many men dream of playing one NFL game and would fly themselves to Green Bay to be on the bench and maybe have one kickoff to cover? Come on, Ray.

Well he was probably one of those guys who always wanted to play there and it was a lame experience so he said so.

You look really stupid when you make a comment like this after you did horribly and lost a game. Should have just kept his mouth closed.

I agree. Only if we would of won the game and he told you guys your town was lame.

I'm with the side that doesn't give a **** about the history of Lam-bow. I don't think i'd have a reason good enough to ever set foot in Wisky, much less the city of Green Bay.

This!!!!

tjsunstein
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close.
I can make it from where I live in South Jersey to the shore in that time. Does it mean they're basically the same? No, not really.

Yes, I did search for the worst place in Baltimore. Well kind of. Not many image results appeared for 'West Baltimore' but who would take pictures of it anyway? I just searched Baltimore ghetto and that was one of the nicer pictures that came up. Just saying, no matter where you go, there will be places there that aren't top of the line. We've been selling out since 1960. Green Bay is a blue collar football town. The only attraction for tourists there is Lambeau and a couple local bars before, after, or even during the game. Other than that, there isn't much to do unless you live there like much of the faithful. They don't market the city, they market the team.

Boston
12-09-2009, 10:50 AM
http://sfist.com/attachments/SFist_Brock/crybaby.png

bigbluedefense
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I live about 20 minutes from Manhattan. Theres nothing "rural" anywhere around here. I went to school in New Brunswick, theres nothing rural about New Brunswick unless you consider Cook Campus in Rutgers to be rural, which is like 1 small horse farm on campus for agricultural studies. Im sure some ppl have bigger farms in their backyard than that.

South Jersey and Pennsylvania is a different story. But North and Central Jersey is far from rural.

I honestly don't get the obsession with living in NY. I much rather live in NJ. I'm just as close (maybe a tiny bit farther away) from Manhattan as a guy who lives in Queens. I MUUUCH rather live in North Jersey than Queens. Living in Manhattan is a different story, but unless youre a bajillionaire, thats not happening.

Theres plenty to do where I live. Manhattan is a hop skip away, I go to Philly frequently, which is about an hour and a half away, Atlantic City, Hoboken, tons of local places to venture out to that aren't as extravagant.

Most of the big wigs around this area don't even live in NY. They live in NJ and CT. They just work in NY or the greater NY area which includes NJ and CT.

Everybody has their own preferences, so its no big deal. Different strokes for different folks. But I wouldn't move for any other place in the country. I love where I live, I love where I work, I have no complaints about this place.

umphrey
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
The reason Green Bay has the rep it does is because the entire area lives and dies by the football team like no other city. There's history, but history isn't fun. How many other cities regularly rename their streets to reflect their favorite football players? What about blocking out Seinfeld broadcasts just to spite Eli Manning?

Mr.Regular
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM
How could any knowledgeable football fan hate on Lambeau or Green Bay? The stadium is amazing, the fans are diehards, and the atmosphere is unlike anything else.

As for Ray Rice saying Green Bay sucked, well what was he looking for? Was he here for the nightlife and party scene? Or was he here to play MNF? Because if he came for the first reason he would've been disappointed but if he came to play football then there is no other place in the world better.

Looks like Ray had his priorities backwards.

Jughead10
12-09-2009, 11:32 AM
The reason Green Bay has the rep it does is because the entire area lives and dies by the football team like no other city. There's history, but history isn't fun. How many other cities regularly rename their streets to reflect their favorite football players? What about blocking out Seinfeld broadcasts just to spite Eli Manning?

Well that's kind of the point. What else is there to do in Green Bay except football? That's part of the reason for the diehard football fans. What other football team is in a city/town of that little of a size?

Also how did that blocking out Seinfeld go?

Giantsfan1080
12-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I vaguely remember that Seinfeld thing. I think it's because Eli said he liked to watch Seinfeld on road trips so the local broadcaster took it off the air or something similar to that.

Mr.Regular
12-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I think a lot of younger fans (and probably players) don't fully understand Green Bay. The city lives on the Packers.
The team logo is in the city coat of arms. The county had a referendum to raise sales tax to fund the renovation of the stadium (keep in mind the team can't be moved) and it PASSED.
Houses fly American and Packer flags constantly, even old ladies walk around in jerseys, many street names are named after old coaches and players.
I've read that if a big game will conflict with a church service, the service will be postponed because they know attendance will be drastically low.
And on, and on, and on.

As I said if you came to party all night than you'd be disappointed but if you came to watch or play some football, its the best place in the world.

RealityCheck
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah, the Juicy Lucy.

This burger looks awesome.

Well, I'm 50-50 on this. Green Bay must be a hell of a boring city, but it has history.

bearsfan_51
12-09-2009, 01:34 PM
As for New Brunswick being close to Manhattan... Green Bay is pretty close to Milwaukee. While Milwaukee is far from being Manhattan its still near a big city.
If by close you mean two hours away, then sure.

tjsunstein
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
If by close you mean two hours away, then sure.

Depends who is driving. ;) Ask Berrian or Peterson how long it took them.

CC.SD
12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I vaguely remember that Seinfeld thing. I think it's because Eli said he liked to watch Seinfeld on road trips so the local broadcaster took it off the air or something similar to that.

Um this is awesome. Perhaps the greatest fan move ever.

TitleTown088
12-09-2009, 05:54 PM

I'm all in favor of not catering to the opponents interests, but blocking Seinfeld from a whole region was just cruel.

singe_101
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I also think it's funny that he wants to get drunk in some buildings in Baltimore, but not in Green Bay. They don't have booze? The wrong decor? And as if there aren't groupies from Chicago at the hotel.

It would be funny if he's in Jacksonville or Atlanta and goes to a country theme bar.

jackalope
12-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Blocking Seinfeld had no effect, because TBS still showed it. Otherwise I think it's pretty obvious we would have won that game.

Giantsfan1080
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
According to the new SI poll Ray Rice isn't the only one who feels this way. Out of 300 players polled that were in the league for less than 5 years Green Bay was #1 on the list of teams players wouldn't want to play for.

Rosebud
12-11-2009, 03:03 PM
According to the new SI poll Ray Rice isn't the only one who feels this way. Out of 300 players polled that were in the league for less than 5 years Green Bay was #1 on the list of teams players wouldn't want to play for.

That doesn't surprise me. I like wisconsin, but I would end up killing people if I ever had to live in a part of that state other than madison, and that only because I have a bunch of friends who went to UW and some stuck in the area.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 03:04 PM

I have been saying this for years! The combination of the dumbest fanbase in the NFL, bad team enviroment, and ****** city makes for sad times :) Just look at how happy Favre is now!

Im_a_Romosexual
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
That doesn't surprise me. I like wisconsin, but I would end up killing people if I ever had to live in a part of that state other than madison, and that only because I have a bunch of friends who went to UW and some stuck in the area.

There is a reason so many serial killers are from Wisconsin

and as a Wisconsinite, I also hate GB and agree with Rice.

TitleTown088
12-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I have been saying this for years! The combination of the dumbest fanbase in the NFL, bad team enviroment, and ****** city makes for sad times :) Just look at how happy Favre is now!

That's not a ignorant statement of your own opinion. Oh wait, all of your posts are.

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
That's not a ignorant statement of your own opinion. Oh wait, all of your posts are.

I thought the smiley face got across that I was kind of kidding. No need to get hostile :)

But seriously, my hate for the Packers i strong.

TitleTown088
12-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I thought the smiley face got across that I was kind of kidding. No need to get hostile :)

I'm not really trying to be " hostile" its just that all of your comments that deal with the Packers always come off that way. Not that mine about the Viking usually come off as sensible either.. :)

Gay Ork Wang
12-11-2009, 03:44 PM

even though you are a vikings fan we agree on so many levels

Dr. Gonzo
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm not really trying to be " hostile" its just that all of your comments that deal with the Packers always come off that way. Not that mine about the Viking usually come off as sensible either.. :)

Oh no doubt I am a homer in that regard and have a whole lot of biased hate towards the fudgepackers. I just can't help myself. I bleed purple and I disagree that bleeding purple makes a man ***.

TitleTown088
12-11-2009, 03:59 PM
bleeding purple makes a man ***.
You said it.

tjsunstein
12-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Number three thank you. Behind Buffalo and Cleveland I believe.

Rosebud
12-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Number three thank you. Behind Buffalo and Cleveland I believe.

I've lived in buffalo it's a nice town. Cleveland on the other hand is a true **** hole on par with Detroit and Gary.

tjsunstein
12-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I've lived in buffalo it's a nice town. Cleveland on the other hand is a true **** hole on par with Detroit and Gary.

Buffalo may be a nice town, but it's not a desireable football environment.

Rosebud
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Buffalo may be a nice town, but it's not a desireable football environment.

I'd rather live there, and WTF is wrong with the football environment? Other than it being a small media market, but so is GB, cleveland and a slew of other NFL cities.

tjsunstein
12-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I'd rather live there, and WTF is wrong with the football environment? Other than it being a small media market, but so is GB, cleveland and a slew of other NFL cities.

I think them considering a move to Toronto just about says what's wrong with it. Don't you think?

msolimani
12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I think them considering a move to Toronto just about says what's wrong with it. Don't you think?

I thought the whole point of them playing in Toronto was to stay in Buffalo. They are broadening their fan base and making more money by playing in Toronto once a year for the next 5 years or so. I highly doubt Ralph Wilson would want to move from Buffalo (where he is a god and has been there since what seems like the beginning of time) to Toronto.

Rosebud
12-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I thought the whole point of them playing in Toronto was to stay in Buffalo. They are broadening their fan base and making more money by playing in Toronto once a year for the next 5 years or so. I highly doubt Ralph Wilson would want to move from Buffalo (where he is a god and has been there since what seems like the beginning of time) to Toronto.

Exactly...

CC.SD
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Hai guyz nice thread let's get a little more on topic though.

http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/10224000/10224159.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/6/69/Pondababa.jpg/250px-Pondababa.jpg

"Can I help you?"
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/6/69/Pondababa.jpg/250px-Pondababa.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/2/2e/DrEvazan.jpg/120px-DrEvazan.jpg
"He doesn't like you.
"Sorry."
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/2/2e/DrEvazan.jpg/120px-DrEvazan.jpg
"I don't like you either. You better watch yourself, I've got the death sentence in 12 systems!"
"I'll be careful."
"You'll be dead!"
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/ccsdccsd/jordy2.jpg
http://www.runleiarun.com/choppedoffhands/pondababa.jpg

tjsunstein
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM

That makes sense. I thought they were actually considering a move of the franchise to Toronto.

Buffalo, like Green Bay, doesn't have the appeal that young players would like when they first come into the league. Really, outside of football, you're stuck. Nothing to do. Football is all there is for players. On top of that, both cities have pretty harsh winters. I can see why it isn't an ideal place for players if they had to pick anywhere.