PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow will play whatever position he's told to play

Splat
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/tim-tebow-will-play-whatever-position-hes-told-to-play/

"My goal is to play quarterback," Tebow said. "I'm going to do whatever it takes and work as hard as I possibly can to be a quarterback. If I'm on a team and they want me to go play another position and that's what they tell me to do, I will gladly go play another position (http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2009/12/08/tebow-feeling-like-he-let-some-people-down-but-not-tmz-camerame/#more-2919) with my whole heart and do it to the best of my ability. But my goal is to be a quarterback and I'm going to do whatever it takes to try to reach that goal."

Babylon
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
You have to like the kid's attitude. If it doesnt work out at QB i could see him making a heck of a H-back. And they could always use him in the wildcat.

DeathbyStat
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/tim-tebow-will-play-whatever-position-hes-told-to-play/

"My goal is to play quarterback," Tebow said. "I'm going to do whatever it takes and work as hard as I possibly can to be a quarterback. If I'm on a team and they want me to go play another position and that's what they tell me to do, I will gladly go play another position (http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2009/12/08/tebow-feeling-like-he-let-some-people-down-but-not-tmz-camerame/#more-2919) with my whole heart and do it to the best of my ability. But my goal is to be a quarterback and I'm going to do whatever it takes to try to reach that goal."

I'm glad to hear this, better then Pat White's unwillingness to run any drills but QB drills

Babylon
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Tebow gets a lot of bad rap probably for wearing his religion on his sleeve but i wouldnt hesitate having him on my team.

Splat
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Say what you want about Timmy he might fail but it dam sure won't be from lack of work ethic.

underscore
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
He's a lot like Michael Robinson coming out as far as ethic and character.

Robinson wanted to be a QB, but knew that probably wasn't in the cards, so worked out wherever teams asked him to in the pre-draft gauntlet.

DeathbyStat
12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Tebow gets a lot of bad rap probably for wearing his religion on his sleeve but i wouldnt hesitate having him on my team.

Yeah i would want the kid on my team but he isn't worth a first round draft pick

FUNBUNCHER
I doubt he makes the switch to another position. Tebow would have to be a failure of epic proportions at QB before IMO he agreed to move somewhere else.
To me, this is pre-draft speak for all 32 NFL GMs to demonstrate that he's a team player.

yourfavestoner
Say what you want about Timmy he might fail but it dam sure won't be from lack of work ethic.

That's literally the only reason that I think he might make it as a pro qb. Some offensive guru is going to think that with a huge effort on Tebow's part, he will be able to break him down and build him back up as a pro style qb.

I said Tebow's sophomore year that his stock is tied hand in hand to Alex Smith and Vince Young. We're seeing now that both shouldn't have done anything except hold a clipboard and learn for a few years before seeing extensive game time action.

He's got a lot of obvious flaws, and he's regressed a lot from the 2007 Tim Tebow that won the Heisman trophy. If he puts the work in, though, I can still see him becoming a competent NFL quarterback. But, like I said, it's going to take a LOT of work on the part of him and his coach.

Splat
12-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I doubt he makes the switch to another position. Tebow would have to be a failure of epic proportions at QB before IMO he agreed to move somewhere else.
To me, this is pre-draft speak for all 32 NFL GMs to demonstrate that he's a team player.

Every one all ready knows he is a team player I don't think he is the kinda guy to say this just to stay it if he says he is willing to make the switch I believe him.

RealityCheck
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I hope the Jags don't make the same mistake they did with Matt Jones.

Unbiased
12-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I hope the Jags don't make the same mistake they did with Matt Jones.

We have a new GM, so hopefully we won't.

Splat
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I for one hope Timmy owns in the NFL I know alot of people hate him and want him to fail but I will be rooting for him even if its not at QB.

RealityCheck
12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I for one hope Timmy owns in the NFL I know alot of people hate him and want him to fail but I will be rooting for him even if its not at QB.
This, I don't get this Tebow hate.

Babylon
12-08-2009, 05:34 PM

I like Tebow but i think he rubs people a bit with the whole Christianity thing. How would it come across if he were pushing the Muslim or Jewish faith every week?

niel89
12-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I'll be honest, I think that he is a raw prospect that will take some time and great coaching to make him an effective pro, but damn I think he is a great person and the type of player that you want in you locker room. He will work hard and listen to what ever you tell him to do. Like the other poster said he won't fail because of effort.

CC.SD
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Cooooooley...

I mean...

Teeeeeeboooow

holt_bruce81
12-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Him saying this certainly helps his draft stock. I do think a team will give him a chance at Quarterback, and I might be one of the few that actually thinks he can succeed at that position.

bored of education
12-08-2009, 08:20 PM

Want me explain it to you?

He performs circumsions on lil boys in Malaysia. That is ******* creepy. I dont want him in my locker room with scissors. I'd rather have CJSchneider dress as Santa Claus and have me sit on his lap and talk about the 1st thing that pops up.

phlysac
12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Pat White was saying the same type of things at this time last year. There's still a great possibility that Tebow only participates in QB drills. Would he be of lower characterif he did that? No. Then he shouldn't be celebrated for his willingness to play another position when there are countless players that do that every draft season.

There are players in the league right now doing everything possible to be the best football player they can be in any capacity they can. You never hear about it. One perfect example is 49ers QB Nate Davis who has been playing WR, TE, LB, and Safety on the 49ers Scout team simply because he wants to help the team and get better.

Splat
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Rumors fly that Tebow-to-Jags is a done deal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/rumors-fly-that-tebow-to-jags-is-a-done-deal/)

This is funny supposedly there is an agreement though out the NFL that Timmy if off limits to every one but the Jags to help them regain financial viability in Jacksonville.

marshallb
12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Rumors fly that Tebow-to-Jags is a done deal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/rumors-fly-that-tebow-to-jags-is-a-done-deal/)

This is funny supposedly there is an agreement though out the NFL that Timmy if off limits to every one but the Jags to help them regain financial viability in Jacksonville.

hahahaha...they can have him for all I care. Talk about collusion though.

EvilNixon
12-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I root for hardworking guys like this. He has the physical tools,but he needs some serious work done to everything.

Babylon
12-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Not exactly what i would call a link there. My guess is owners have better things to do (believe it or not) than to worry about Tim Tebow being available for the Shaguars. The more plausible story is when asked would they draft Tebow before the Shags there answer was no thanks.

JT Jag
12-08-2009, 09:52 PM

This is funny supposedly there is an agreement though out the NFL that Timmy if off limits to every one but the Jags to help them regain financial viability in Jacksonville.Florio puilled that rumor out of his ass.

Cicero
12-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Florio puilled that rumor out of his ass.

I concur with that.

phlysac
12-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Doesn't sound surprising that none of the teams in front of the Jags will draft him. haha

vikes_28
12-08-2009, 11:07 PM
He will play QB.

Geason Noceur
12-09-2009, 12:01 AM

I agree with this. He's going to have to get the crying business under control though if he doesn't want to become the laughing stock of the NFL. What is he going to do if he ends up with a bad team like Detroit or Cleveland or St. Louis? Are we going to see tears every week? I don't know how kindly the veterans are going to take to that.

CashmoneyDrew
12-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Yes. I hated the first cry, but I guess I could maybe see it happen one time if the emotions got the best of him, but the second cry? Come on man, don't be that guy.

FUNBUNCHER
12-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Cooooooley...

I mean...

Teeeeeeboooow

Redskins fan says this is a top 5 HILARIOUS post!!:p

Ozzy
12-09-2009, 10:58 AM
To Tebow's credit, I liked how he played against Alabama more than how McCoy played against Nebraska. At least Tebow physically is elite and has the size and strength of most NFL players. I bet McCoy looks like a little child when he gets to the NFL.

Players would follow Tebow, just a matter of can he play the position or not. Wonderful teammate and just on leadership and work ethic a lone he should be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

RealityCheck
12-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I like Tebow but i think he rubs people a bit with the whole Christianity thing. How would it come across if he were pushing the Muslim or Jewish faith every week?
This, Jesus is a cool guy. We gotta accept him.

Ozzy
12-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I like Tebow but i think he rubs people a bit with the whole Christianity thing. How would it come across if he were pushing the Muslim or Jewish faith every week?Um, no one cares about his faith to be honest with you. You see a lot of athletes give praise to God and or Jesus after a big game, since when is this a cause for concern? You think the Patriots when analyzing Tebow will be like, ok well his faith is a big problem and a negative with me, I do not want a player to believe in anything or hold any sort of idea that it is not all about them, that is just not what we are all about here!

Please. It is not like Tebow is getting DUI's and getting into fights at Florida.

wordofi
12-09-2009, 11:54 AM

I don't mind his religion at all. I also thought that it was against the rules to talk about religion on this forum.

RealityCheck
12-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't mind his religion at all. I also thought that it was against the rules to talk about religion on this forum.
Well, this part of religion is related to football.

PossibleCabbage
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
You know, now I kind of want to see somebody draft him and line him up at Nose Tackle just to see what that would look like.