PDA

View Full Version : Pounceys to leave; Rainey and Black may follow

BigJohn98
12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/10266/say-goodbye-to-the-gatornaughts/

Don't know why Rainey would leave early. He hasn't really done anything.

D-Unit
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
YES! I think it was the right decision for the Pouncey boys.

RealityCheck
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Both Pounceys will be 4th-5th round picks, I like them.

I guess both Black and Rainey should have stayed...

CashmoneyDrew
12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Joe Haden, Aaron Hernandez

Any news on those two on whether or not they are leaning towards leaving?

BigJohn98
12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Nothing yet on those two. I believe Haden will go though.

And no way the Pounceys are 4th or 5th rd picks.

P-L
12-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I would imagine that Haden is going to go.

Shane P. Hallam
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
I've talked to someone close to Haden. He will have his degree by next month and is ready to go by all accounts.

CashmoneyDrew
12-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Good! The more Gators that leave this year, the better! :D

TitanHope
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Good! The more Gators that leave this year, the better! :D

Amen! :D

Kinda stunned by Ahmad Black's father's comments and Urban Meyer.

“I would let Ahmad stay if they would show him some respect,” Bruce Black said. “I don’t think coach Urban Meyer respects my son. If he did, Ahmad would have started the first game (against Charleston Southern) instead of (sophomore) Will Hill. Coach Meyer favors certain players, and Ahmad isn’t one of them.

“I love the University of Florida and I love going to the games, but I think it’s a matter or respect for my son. It may be time for him to move on.”

Dun-dun-dun!!! ;)

Anyway, I LOVE Chris Rainey. No clue why. He just reminds me of Chris Johnson for some reason. Am I crazy or on to something?

Oh, and what the **** is a Gatornaught?

murdamal86
12-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Hmm well the Pouncey twins leaving aren't a surprise being that their step dad is going through a helluva situation and plus when it was known that they didn't live together this year to "get use to being without the other twin, it was apparent this was there last season for UF. Hernandez, Haden, and Dunlap are all obviously going to declare probably before of right after the bowl game. Black has NO business leaving early cause he's not ready. I can't see him contributing for any NFL team and Rainey has potential but he's not really a "football" player yet but he was not being utilized correctly at UF.

hockey619
12-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Quote:
“I would let Ahmad stay if they would show him some respect,” Bruce Black said. “I don’t think coach Urban Meyer respects my son. If he did, Ahmad would have started the first game (against Charleston Southern) instead of (sophomore) Will Hill. Coach Meyer favors certain players, and Ahmad isn’t one of them.

“I love the University of Florida and I love going to the games, but I think it’s a matter or respect for my son. It may be time for him to move on.”

I hate hate hate when parents try to butt in on who should play. Of course theyre going to take theyre sons side and say he shouldve played, every parent wants their kid to be the star and get to play. Meyer did what he thought was best for the team, so shut the **** up Bruce Black.

Lack of respect for your son? fine then he plays your kid and sits the better kid that could help the team more. now hes been unfair and disrespectful to everyone else on the team, including Hill. Idk if he was sat for discipline for one game or what but its rediculously annoying when parents try to make decisions for the coach.

/rant

descendency
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Urban Meyer = next Notre Dame head coach. That's the only reason I could see everyone jumping ship, especially as mid rounders... lol.

draftguru151
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh, and what the **** is a Gatornaught?

Lakeland's HS mascot is the Dreadnaught and all those guys where on the state champion Lakeland team.

energizerbunny
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Pouncey's are extremely overrated. They don't have great pop off the ball and can both be overpowered by stronger defensive lineman.

Cigaro
12-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Florida is getting cleaned out.

energizerbunny
12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
That what happens when a stud graduates at QB. No one ever wants to be around for the transition after he is gone.

dex
12-09-2009, 05:14 PM
As a Gator fan, it really does suck that the Pounceys are leaving.

Both of them will be gone before the 5th round. Maurkice will easily go in the 2nd round. Wes Bunting actually thinks he will go in the 1st. He has alot of potential.

I'm hoping Hernandez stays but if leaves i'm alright with it because we got another great TE coming in. G. Christian will be a good one.

dex
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
That what happens when a stud graduates at QB. No one ever wants to be around for the transition after he is gone.

Actually you are wrong. Most everyone on offense is happy and looking foward to next year because of Brantley. Of course alot of people are sad to see Tebow leave but everyone loves Brantley and you hear alot of good things about him.

I think think the offense will be better next year.

Black i can see leaving because the Gators are just flat out stacked at saftey. Deepest in the SEC easily.

Rainey i can see leaving because they are stacked at the RB position. Moody, Demps, Mack Brown, Mike Gillislee and more. Stacked! He wouldn't be getting alot of playing time next year.

Pouncey twins are a different story. They are just good enough to leave.

P-L
12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Pouncey's are extremely overrated. They don't have great pop off the ball and can both be overpowered by stronger defensive lineman.
Well I do think that they are overrated in that they won't go as high as people think they will. This draft is already very, very deep and interior offensive linemen are not usually a hot commodity in the draft.

Hines
12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
There is a thread for this type of stuff you know. :D

Anyways, Rainey could be a very good change of pace back for a number of teams, but will go farther down than most because of his size. Black intrigues me, but he is too short and not as big as Bob Sanders. Move to corner or offense?

I hope Major Wright comes out. High on that kid.

P-L
12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I really like Rainey but he is too small for the NFL. Jeff Demps will run into the same problem when he is draft eligible.

Scott Wright
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
The Pouncy's will be in the mix to be the first center and guard chosen.

I think they both go in the Top 3 rounds. Maybe Top 2.

As for Black, he's at best a third rounder and Rainey is more of a mid-rounder.

Hines
12-09-2009, 05:49 PM

Do you see Major Wright coming out with the emergence of Will Hill?

Scott Wright
12-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Do you see Major Wright coming out with the emergence of Will Hill?

Major Wright would fall into the same category as Black, Rounds 3 - 5.

superman8456
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Major Wright would fall into the same category as Black, Rounds 3 - 5.

Major Wrights fall isnt because he isnt a top notch player though, its just the safety class is ridiculously deep.

energizerbunny
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I'am anxious to see how the Scouts view Hernandez more so then any other Gator not named Tebow.

He was almost never asked to block, and he may be a tad too short to play TE.

He should get alot of looks as an H-Back though, which is basically how Florida used him anyway.

JFLO
12-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I really like Mike Pouncey as a future NFL guard. Maurkice? eh, not completely sold but I still think he can be a starter at the next level.

Thumper
12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Quick ?, isn't Ahmad Black tiny? If I remember correctly he is like 5'9" and 180 pounds, how will his frame hold up in the NFL? And according to many sources he isn't blazing fast.

So the vibe I'm getting is that he is obviously a FS in a scheme that plays them deep, possibly a nickel back, and judging by his 191 yards and 2 touchdowns on 8 career interceptions I would say he has the potential to be a good returner, most likely a punt returner due to size. The best comparison that I'm drawing up right now is Jets and former Raven S Jim Leonhard (http://www.nfl.com/players/jimleonhard/profile?id=LEO708542) who in the past three seasons has turned into a good special teams player on coverage and returns and who has turned into a decent safety.

BaLLiN
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
wow, florida is getting clean sweeped. Black probably would be decent nickel corner, in a way that the Chicago bears used Ricky Manning would probably help him best, but he seems really limited as a player with his lack of height and weight.

thebow305
12-10-2009, 02:33 AM

I was thinking the same. I'd love to get Maurkice (I think he's the center) in the 3rd round!

BigBanger
12-10-2009, 02:55 AM
I was thinking the same. I'd love to get Maurkice (I think he's the center) in the 3rd round!
Good luck with that. You better hope he falls to round 2.

He's that good.

villagewarrior
12-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Hoping Maurkice falls to the Chiefs at the top of round 2. From what I've seen, I don't know if that'll happen.

yourfavestoner
12-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Quick ?, isn't Ahmad Black tiny? If I remember correctly he is like 5'9" and 180 pounds, how will his frame hold up in the NFL? And according to many sources he isn't blazing fast.

So the vibe I'm getting is that he is obviously a FS in a scheme that plays them deep, possibly a nickel back, and judging by his 191 yards and 2 touchdowns on 8 career interceptions I would say he has the potential to be a good returner, most likely a punt returner due to size. The best comparison that I'm drawing up right now is Jets and former Raven S Jim Leonhard (http://www.nfl.com/players/jimleonhard/profile?id=LEO708542) who in the past three seasons has turned into a good special teams player on coverage and returns and who has turned into a decent safety.

Leonhard is actually a great comparison for Black. He's undersized, but his effort allows him to overcome his physical shortcomings. UF used Black as more of a SS, though, and played Wright in a Taylor Mays-like role. Whether his small frame can take that kind of beating as an NFL safety...we'll see.

Rainey probably isn't going to do much at the NFL level. Not only is he short, but he's extremely skinny and frail. Demps is a much better NFL prospect, as he actually has some thickness in his legs and more overall weight, despite being shorter.

The Pouncey twins are both absolute studs, and whatever teams get them will absolutely love them.

AgentM
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Will the Pouncey's be as good by themselves as they are playing together?

And does anyone think that a team will try to draft both of them like the Canucks did with the Sedin twins?