RDE: Mike Rucker
SLB: Thomas Davis
MLB: Dan Morgan
WLB: James Anderson
LCB: Ken Lucas
RCB: Richard Marshall
SS: Mike Minter/Laron Landry
FS: Reggie Nelson/Mike Minter

Agreed? I hate to say it, but if Dan Morgan remains healthy, Minter looks like our only glaring weakness.

JustJoe2k5
03-17-2007, 08:16 PM
May be a little too early for Anderson to start at linebacker, perhaps after one more year as a backup. Other than that it looks solid, especially if we add a first-round safety.

BlindSite
03-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Diggs is solid enough anyway.

Realistically last year we had the 7th ranked defense despite the injuries and there were a buttload across the board. If the offense does anything this year and we get some health imo we're looking at a top 5 defense.

pantherfreak
03-19-2007, 07:48 AM
James Anderson reminds me so much of Will Witherspoon. With his speed and athleticism, I think he's an upgrade over Diggs.

BTW, just a thought - what would you guys think about starting Chris Gamble at FS?

JustJoe2k5
03-19-2007, 10:23 AM
James Anderson reminds me so much of Will Witherspoon. With his speed and athleticism, I think he's an upgrade over Diggs.

BTW, just a thought - what would you guys think about starting Chris Gamble at FS?

I don't want Chris Gamble as a starter anywhere on our defense. He needs a wake-up call, perhaps a spot on the bench would do it.

I also like the potential of James Anderson and believe he could develop into a Witherspoon-type player. I just feel he may still be a little raw to be a full-time starter from day one. Perhaps if he impresses in training camp, but I would put Na'il Diggs ahead of him at the moment.